Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen
    commented on 's reply
    Great movies... I finally bought Somewhere in Time and have watched it so many times. My other older and favorite I ended up buying is The Competition with Amy Irving and Richard Dreyfus....love that movie...and Lee Remick is in it, too....one of my fav actresses...I play the piano so I am always watching these types of movies....Shine is another fav based on a true story of a piano prodigy.

• Bubby
    commented on 's reply
    Jeff loves to watch Oak Island.

• tsladaritz
    replied
    I love cooking and baking shows. I don't really cook a lot or bake at all like I used to. But for some reason I love watching them. A lot of the information I already knew but it is fun to sometimes learn something new or watch them create things so well and so fast.

Leave a comment:

• tsladaritz
    commented on 's reply
    I love organizing also. I like efficiency and do not mind labels if it helps get things done better/faster. But I have that adhd personality so I always called my preschool class when I taught, "Organized Chaos". LOL I need the routine or I do lose things and forget where I put them. They need a home and it needs to be easy- thus efficient to quickly use and put back. I also like researching if it is something useful to know. But random things such as the octopus thing I am fascinated but would rather someone just tell me so I can get to the next thing. LOL I love to sew too and have been sewing since I was 12, hand crafts like crochet and cross stitch since about 7 so I probably won't give any of that up any time soon.

• tsladaritz
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I heard of Dahmer also, though not the gross facts you shared. bleah. And i do not watch any true crime. It gives me nightmares that people can act that way. Oddly enough I like watching fiction mysteries though. Lighter stuff like Monk. I was fascinated for a short while with CSI because one of them had a character that was slowly going deaf, was so smart and always figured out what was happening. (I am partially deaf)

• tsladaritz
    commented on 's reply
    For some weird reason I am not athletic at all but like The ninja shows also. Did you you know they had some kid ninja shows also? Those were kind of fun too.

• tsladaritz
    commented on 's reply
    I love purses also and have several of different sizes and types. I have made a couple. they are their own unique challenge in sewing. I made a couple of back packs too. But I do not use those much anymore.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    I had to think about this one -- great topic Jocelyn. I've gone through phases and interests in my life. I guess I like to learn about different topics, but once I know enough about it, I usually move on to the next. I guess I'm a generalist, like to know a little about a lot of topics. However, my obsession is organizing, but not to the point of being OCD, just enough so I know where things are. Form to function, if that makes sense Consequently, I rarely lose things, that is, unless someone else has moved it. I am obsessed about quilting, and again, this could pass -- never, who am I kidding. I have been sewing since I am 10, and though I may have strayed to many other crafts over the years, now and again, I always come back.

I was obsessed about visiting every Canadian province and capital -- I haven't been to the territories, but maybe one day. I love to explore the great stores of major cities I visit, sometimes before I even visit the usual attractions. I have also also visited and stayed at every Canadian Pacific hotel and resort across Canada. Now these hotels have been mostly sold off to luxury brands.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    We have watched all the Oak Islands and like you, DH watches a lot of history channel, so I absorb it also when sitting with him. We want to visit there on our next east coast trip.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Bubba -- I love Julia's brown dress with white polka dots -- at the horse races. I actually found one that was a royal blue with white dots that I wore for years.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    My daughter and I were obsessed with all crime shows for the longest time. I started her on her journey when she was small, reading Nancy Drew mysteries. When she was about 8, she would watch Murder, She Wrote at my mom's place after school. I was fascinated with justice, Ironside and Matlock -- I guess not just the gruesome, but the justice behind it. Now I can't watch any NCIS or CSI -- I just get nighmares. But I do enjoy Midsommer Murders. No mystery there, just take bets with DH as to how many will die.

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    I do understand, though I've never come close to 80 entries in one year. Usually a dozen or so. My friends all know that if I make them a gift, I will borrow it back to enter in the county fair. After the fair, they get the item back, but I keep any ribbons!

• Carlie Wolf
    replied
    You don't see these movies come up very often but I will watch them anytime they are listed. Made in Heaven (Timothy Hutton), Tequilla Sunrise (Mel Gibson) and Somewhere in Time.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    commented on 's reply
    jjkaiser, you HAVE to watch it just once, lol!! Patrick Swayze was awesome. Sadly he passed away from cancer. Broke my heart.

• minipinlady
    commented on 's reply
    My husband loves the show about Oak Island too
Working...
X