It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday

Good morning friends. I am late this morning but it was because I was having a wonderful sleep. We all need one of those once in a while, right?

My tooth got fixed yesterday and thankful that is over. I did put the last row together last night and will put the whole quilt together today. After that, who knows. I do have to work tomorrow until noon which isn't bad. We are supposed to see that bright light in the sky tomorrow too but it is still cold.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It was a busy day yest. Massage at 10 a.m., which was wonderful! Errands afterwards. I returned those 2 foam eggcrate mattress toppers to Big Lots for a refund. Went to Walmart for a few items. Had a quick lunch at Wendy's. Only a few folks dining inside. The drive-thru steadily was busy. Took my car through the touchless car wash. Final stop was the bank drive-thru. I was home shortly after 2 p.m. I took it easy the rest of the day.

This a.m. is the funeral of a lady from church; I will watch it live streaming on YT. She died from complications of pancreatitis when a gall stone blocked her bile duct. Just a word of advice--if you have had episodes of gall bladder problems, don't put off having the surgery. The laproscopic surgery usually can be done & a person often can go home the same day or the next day. Don't wait until it's too late.

This afternoon is a computer lab session on Zoom. My digital camera wouldn't import pics the last time I tried. I've imported other pics since I got the new laptop with W-10, so I don't know what the glitch is now. Hopefully the computer coach has some suggestions. We've been in touch by e-m. I did some on-line research; apparently I'm not the only one having this problem.

Later today I need to do the veg. prep. of carrots & celery. Tomorrow I'll be making chicken soup.

Comment

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy, I had this exact situation happen to me about 5 years ago. I thought I was having a heart attack. My son was home at the time and took me to the ER. I was so surprised when they told me it was pancreatitis, and then when they said it was caused by my gall bladder! I was able to have the laproscopic surgery.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a retired RN. I've taken care of patients in the hosp. who've had pancreatitis. It's very painful. Usually the patient is given a PCA (Patient Controlled Analgesia) pump so they can push the button for pain medication as needed.

DH's grandma had GB problems & didn't want to go to the dr. We're talking many years ago. She put it off too long, & her GB ruptured. She died unnecessarily just because she was too stubborn to go to the dr. or hosp.

My DIL had acute appendicitis; it ruptured. She had delayed going to the hosp. because she had no insurance. She was in the hosp. a long time getting antibiotics. Thankfully, she recovered.

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Joy, mom had gall bladder problems and almost died , she stayed in the hospital longer and was sicker with it than she did with open heart surgery.

Good Morning Monique and those who follow

It's a rainy morning here, gray and dreary so far. I hope it will be clearing soon.

I worked on a small project yesterday, loved how it turned out. But, I don't like the way I left the sewing room. lol, It's a mess. I'll work in there, once I get motivated!

Three years ago today, Howard left this earthly plane. Mercy, in some ways it seems like forever in others, yesterday. Lots of memories have been running through my mind this week. The weather kind of fits my mood.

Well, time to stop moping and start working on something productive. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• NoOn49
      NoOn49 commented
      Editing a comment
      sending you some hugs((((hugs))))

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugs for you!!

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      Katrina I’m lifting you all in prayer today and sending you a big hug.

Morning all,

Frost on the cars today glad I don't have to be anywhere this morning.

I have been busy cutting scraps for the two scrappy quilts I have going, time consuming for sure but will keep whittling away at it a few days each month. Right now I have a bag full by the machine when it runs low I'll cut more.

Have not decided on my next project yet I've been looking at Jenny's tutorials and have jotted down a few that I like. I have fabric that is begging to be cut but I am so indecisive, my bad!

Finally the last of the pillows is being picked up today it's all packaged and ready to go. A princess pillow for a three year old little girl, hope she likes it.

Today will be a lazy sort of day, no errands or appointments so I can play in the sewing room. Well time to get moving sooner the chores are done the day is mine. Wishing everyone a good one!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning!

We have clouds and cooling temps today. We will be in the upper 20's with a chance of snow. It is a good day to have BBQ for lunch with my sister. She suggested Raising Cane's chicken, but I was just there last week.

We get to see Mom on Sunday! 🎉 Mom's facility called yesterday afternoon. They are starting visits every other Sunday, for the usual half hour. We haven't seen her since before Thanksgiving. Our next visit will be around her birthday. That's assuming, of course, none of the residents or staff test positive for Covid. They will stop the visits again if they do. Mom gets her second shot of the vaccine next week.

I was up late and watched Jenny's tutorial when it came out. I really like this one! It may even be incentive to buy a new sewing machine, so I can do appliqué again. My Jazz goes too fast and I prefer to stitch slowly when doing appliqué. My little sewing machine, which I used to do appliqué on, bit the dust.

No plans for the sewing room today. I need to clear off my cutting table so I can sandwich the Mel quilt and start quilting it this weekend.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
        Rob the HOAQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you enjoy your visit!

Rob

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy for your visit, Julie. Enjoy!

• Paisley
        Paisley commented
        Editing a comment
        Claire thats a great idea about foam rubber. Thank you.

Good morning! It maybe our last beautiful day for a while, but hey, it’s January!

I got my Xs and hearts blocks together. I was hoping it would end up a bit bigger. Now I am grappling with just making it a large lap quilt, or making more blocks to enlarge it to a bed quilt. I have some super soft Minky backing that I could use as backing if I leave it the size it is now. Or should I make 14 more blocks and put borders on for a bed quilt? I stopped working on it until I decide.

I started the process of applying for refinancing my house to take advantage of the super low interest rates. I got the 2” thick pile of paperwork out that they sent me, plus the request for personal financial documents. I’ve been lollygagging around by the enormity of amount of papers I had to submit, but I got a message yesterday that I had til Monday to submit this or it would be too late to move ahead with this. So I buckled down last night and put the whole packet together and faxed it to them. Took an hour to run all that through my fax machine. But it is finished. I gave them all I have, if it isn’t sufficient, well, then I won’t refinance.

So, today I need to decide on the Xs and hearts, and then I don’t know what else will happen. Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!

Its a rainy dreary day here in Alabama. Today has started off wrong, made coffee , went to feed Sandy came back and no cup under the Keurig. Yesterday, Amanda brought be 6 fancy donuts from The Heavenly Donut Company. I have eaten three and I am wondering do I dare eat another one. Probably.

Today, is Amanda's birthday. We are going to order take out and Kaylee has made her a cake . I will go over there for a little while later today. My grandkids love birthdays and it doesn't matter who we are celebrating, always a crazy wild time.

Yesterday, I got a baby quilt quilted and now just need to add binding. I'm not used to making small quilts and it sure went fast.

Have a wonderful day and love to all,
        Teresa

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Have fun celebrating, Teresa! And have another donut. 😉

Good Morning all,

Well, I think our warmer winter has now gone. This morning the temp is 2. Yesterday was pretty steady in the low 30's but a front must have come through because it got very windy. Made for some interesting driving since there was snow being blown across the highway and because of the temps it was melting from the traffic. Thankfully I didn't experience any problems and didn't notice anyone else having difficulties. For once it seems like people were slowing down to make sure they wouldn't loose control.

Got the kids to the dentist. They kept it pretty well on time throughout their appointments. Ran into a problem. Carson only had 2 of his cavities filled. He had problems being able to let them work on them. Kept grabbing their hands and also had some problems breathing. He has asthma and Jennifer thinks he was starting to get a cold. So he has been referred to a pediatric dentist in Rochester. Jennifer or Chuck will be taking him for that appointment. The girls did great. Natalie has only one appointment left but Makayla will have to have 4 to 5 more appointments to take care of her cavities. They did 4 yesterday for her. Thankfully the dentist said they are all doing better at getting their teeth brushed properly so Jennifer was very thankful for that at least.

I stopped to pick up Jim so we could go into the town where he lives and cash his stimulus check. Nope! The bank would not cash it unless we had an account or the check was written on their bank. Didn't expect that. It's a government check for crying out loud. So now I will pick him up next Thursday on my way back home and bring him to my bank and we will cash the check. If the rep payee paperwork comes before that, which I doubt, I will get the checking account set up and then just deposit that check.

I was able to work on my cross stitch project while waiting for the kids at the dentist but no sewing was done last night. My knees were so bad from sitting all day long I needed to get them elevated so Dave and I watched some old Food Network Star episodes. We had leftover lasagna for supper so it didn't take long to get cleaned up from supper.

This morning I will be meeting my best friend Lori for coffee at Barnes and Noble. She said she is stressed to the max with all the cancer stuff. Not exactly sure what she means but I'm sure we will be talking about it today. So poor Augie will be searching for me all morning. I'm not sure if they will limit our time in the café there or not. We will see. Our visits are usually at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I am thinking that I will limit it to the 3 because then I can get home and do some work around the house to make sure my knees don't get so bad today.

Off now to do a few things before I leave to meet Lori. Have a great day everyone!
        Carlie

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Jean, I can deposit government checks into the my NC credit union, but I can't fill out a deposit slip and withhold money from that check. It has to be deposited and held for a week then I can get money from it.

On the other hand, the credit union here will cash it on the spot.

I guess each bank has their own little quirks.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheryl and I each have our own checking accounts, so it can sometimes get hairy if I need to do something for her while she's at work. Luckily the bank is open late on Thursday and Friday and open until noon on Friday. I understand their need for security, but sometimes it seems to get in the way of common sense.

Rob

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Walmart cashes gov checks if you don't have luck. I think it's $3.

Good morning,

It's clear and sunny today with highs in the 80's later. The paving and dump trucks started at 7 this morning. No sleeping through all of that. Our whole neighborhood is being done and our street is one of the first. The noise and the dust will have me inside for the day.

Lots of laundry and cleaning to do today. Plus some re-organizing of the closet. I'm moving one basket system out of the sewing room and into our master closet. It will hold the batteries,first aid items, and extra toiletries. Then the cabinet in the master bath can be taken out of there. It's just a little re-do to reclaim some space. The cabinet was temporary in 2005 with the bath remodel. We are slow to make changes here.

The rest of the day will be to do whatever I want. LOL, if I ever get that far.

Hope your Friday is great!

Comment

Good morning all. Just a quick pop in to say hi. I have been having a good time visiting with the boys and grands. Steve is working during the day but we get to hang out in the evenings. He is all set up in a spare room up in John's apartment so he is separated from the kids so it is working out well. Rob works from home so he is around all day and Johnny is off for a couple more days. Hubby was here until Tuesday, went home to take care of things at the house and will be back tomorrow for a few more days.

I am having a grand time with Zeke and Aviendha but boy am I tired at night. We are hoping to get some accumulating snow sometime this week so Zeke can play out in it a bit. There were a few small snow showers this week and he was so excited! The first one that came through, he ran outside and yelled "It's real!"

Ok, I hear little voices looking for Oma so I will scoot for now. I hope you are all having a good Friday .
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I actually managed to get the rest of the fmq done on the Christmas quilt I was doing when I broke my arm. The binding is sewn to one side, now I need to press it and sew down the other, just in time to put it away for next year.🤣
            I have been in a blue funk, the house is a mess due to the roof replacement/leak damage and it was supposed to be finally finished today. Of course the crew begged off today, after we had boarded the dog so she wouldn't feel the need help and delayed the housekeeper since she needs to come after any sheet rock work is done. A different person is going to come look at it tomorrow and see if they can fix it on Monday. Delay again.😠🤬
            On top of that we have had two more cruises cancelled, that make a total of 6 cancelled since last December. I think this calls for a refund rather than re-booking for the future. With my DH memory issues the future of travel for us grows dimmer daily. He is mostly doing OK but that can change quickly.😔
            Thanks for reading my tale of woe.
            Thanks also for removing the political posts from yesterday. This is my happy place and politics make me very unhappy.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I think a hug is in order. Hug! 💕 Once your house is back in order you'll likely feel better. Sorry about your cruise...and hubby. 🙁

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              Claire,

I understand the out of sorts feeling when the house schedule is out of the normal routine. You deserve a cup of warm tea or something stronger if you like and some rest. Happy you were able to get some sewing done. That always helps. Best wishes!

• Claire Hallman
              Claire Hallman commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks friends! Yes, the house being in upheaval gets to me. Maybe it will get done Monday, a different person is coming to look at it tomorrow.
              We also re-booked the cruises going somewhere different in 7/22 if we live that long and are still able to move around. I hope our world is back on its axis by then.

Patsy is sitting next to me with her chin on my thigh, so this will likely have to be quick. I think she wants attention because she's already been outside.

I found out yesterday that our local health department has a list allowing anyone to sign up for end-of-day vaccines with no restrictions. Of course, older people and those of us with high risks will be first in line, but I still expect it to take a few days if not weeks to get called. At least I'm in the queue.

Waiting for some shipments today. Cheryl needed some polyester thread for FMQ, so we ordered some from Red Rock Threads, and it should be here today, along with a rubber case for my new phone. Our fabric for the basset quilt and the daily deal are supposed to be here next week sometime.

Already got the grocery order placed for pickup Saturday and the rest of the weekend will be working on my Bean Pot quilt now that I think I got the issues straightened out. Cheryl still has quilts to bind.

Hope everyone has a great day! Patsy will not relent, so I better close.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Good morning and Happy Friday! It's now official, I am Retired again. This week has been full of emotions, but I do think this is the right decision. I am on the 2nd load of laundry for the day. Just waiting on a box to be delivered so I can ship my laptop and cell phones back to the company. It's good to not have work paperwork sitting in that corner where I typically work. I finished the scrappy criss cross start quilt last night. Put it aside to do the quilting later. This afternoon I will try out a new mask pattern.

Comment

• Rhonda K
                Rhonda K commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations on your second retirement. More time for sewing!

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                Enjoy your retirement, I've enjoyed mine! That's for sure!

• Jean Sewing Machine
                Jean Sewing Machine commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations on your retirement! Are you going to stay retired this time? LOL! You have lots of quilts to make!

Good morning everyone!

Still not feeling great. Still not getting much done. I did some bread and bun baking yesterday though and had a virtual visit with dad. It breaks my heart he's isolated in his room again. He seems to be taking it in stride though.

Not sure what will transpire today. Some chores likely. Maybe sewing. Need to follow up on a shipment.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Rhonda K
                Rhonda K commented
                Editing a comment
                Feel better soon! Hugs!

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks ladies! Feel a bit better this afternoon.

• Momofmonsters5
                Momofmonsters5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hugs!! Feel better!

Hi Everyone...I didn’t post today. We just got back from two trips to the Girls’ groomer in Houston. They look so cute and white! Grooming has always worn our dogs out so they will lay around until bedtime and then sleep all night.

The rest of the fabric for my heart quilt came yesterday but I haven’t touched it yet.

We are having something really simple tonite....pigs in a blanket. About once every decade I get hungry for a hotdog and today’s my day.

I think I will get into the sewing room for an hour before I have to cook.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                And do we get to see your cute Girls, Barb? Dogs always look so good fresh from the groomers. Pigs in a Blanket sounds yummy!
            Working...
            X