My Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad

My Dad passed peacefully this morning after having three wonderful days being surrounded by his family. We spent those days talking with him about favorite memories of different things, laughing and joking around. Yesterday several of my cousins came to visit him that my parents are very close to. Dad was starting to weaken at that point. All of us spent a couple of hours singing hymns to him. My Dad has been a Christian his entire life. When we sang to him you could see him relax. At times he was worshiping and singing a few words with us. It was very sweet and comforting to see. Thankfully, each of us got to get one more hug from him including his four grandkids and his brand new great granddaughter. He called each of them by their pet name he had for them, smiled and hugged them tight. It was amazing how tight he hugged each of us being that he was so weak. We could not have ask for a better goodbye. After that he slept peacefully until leaving us this morning.

Again, thank you all so much for the prayers and support. It means the world to me. Hugs to all.
    Last edited by pcbatiks; January 18, 2021, 05:33 PM.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Sorry for your loss but it sounds like he was surrounded by love as he went

Comment

So sweet! Cherish the memories. Hold him in your heart until you can hold him in your arms again!

Comment

Pam, My heart goes out to you and your family. I’m so glad the family had that special time together to love each other and say goodbye until you meet again. I wish I could give you a hug. Please hug your Mom for me. Love and prayers.....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So sorry, what a wonderful time with him, that was so beautiful what you all did for him, sending you hugs and also to your mother.

Comment

Pam,

I am sorry for your loss of your Dad. May these special memories keep you and your family strong. Hugs for your and your Mom too.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it is comforting knowing he went peacefully.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a blessing he went peacefully and you were all able to say goodbye. Sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm very sorry. You and your family remain in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your lovely goodbye story with us.
                    Sandy

Comment

Pam, as much as you have faced, I am glad to hear that his passing was peaceful. You and your family have Cheryl and my deepest sympathies.

Rob
                      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                      --Ken Burns

Comment

You all gave him such a wonderful last few days!
                        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Pam I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your family surrounded him with love and you got to spend his last days with him.
                          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad today. The final loving memories you have will be something the cherish forever. My prayers are with you & your family & your mom.

Comment

Pam, I am so sorry for your loss. Knowing he was surrounded by loved ones means so much and I know in my heart it eased his transition to the golden shore.

Much love and hugs for your family. Lifting prayers for peace and comfort for all of you.
                              Katrina
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X