Hello Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Friday

Welcome Friday because I don't have to go to work today. I have just slept 11 hours. It feels so good having a wonderful sleep. Just heard the forecast for the weekend, we are expecting a lot of snow, could be 10 inches or more. Again, glad I don't have anywhere to go. Couldn't go even if I wanted to, LOL!!

After getting home from work yesterday, I had a nice hot shower, put my jammies on and then I did a bit of mindless sewing. I was making more 4 patches for the scrap quilt challenge 2020 pattern. So very easy to do. I already have 174 blocks made. I will have to see how many I would need for a queen sized quilt.

Hubby wants to help me organize my sewing room. I look at him with daggers because no I don't want his help. I will do it on my own time in my own way.

And so I am not sure what this day will bring just yet. But no matter what (housework, sewing) I will keep myself busy.

Have an awesome day friends and weekend too. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Hi folks! I took a look at the triple play tutorial from today, and the more I watched, the more I wanted to do each one! I love it when Jenny works with Natalie and Misty, they make a great team! I especially loved Misty’s kisses and hearts quilt, I definitely want to do that one, and found some red 5” squares in a bin to do some of these blocks! Might have to start on one of those on this possibly snowy day!

I still haven’t made progress on my mask order. Bad me! But I have much more interesting things to do in the sewing room besides sewing masks!

I love Tula Pink fabric, and fell for M* offering of her True Colors fat quarters bundle. Costly, but beautiful! And with her stuff, you need to strike while the iron is hot, or you miss out! It sells out fast! But my tub with Tula fabric is getting too full to snap closed! It is hard for me to cut into it once I buy it!

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I procrastinate as well when I really don't want to make something but have to. Have fun playing Jean.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we all have reached mask making saturation and need a break!

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      I loved today's Triple Play as well. I especially like Jenny's quilt. I've been looking for a pattern to make oldest GS a quilt for the cabin, and with the right fabric, I think this would work.

Good morning! 🧵

Im soooo happy Monique, that your not working while it’s snowing.....no place like home.....and hopefully your sewing room! My DH has offered to help clean/organize my sewing room......ahhhhh, no thank you. It’s so small we’d be bumping into each other and I want to put stuff where I ​​​​​​ know where it’s at. Besides it’s not sew bad....pretty organized, if I do say so myself.....and I do!

Jean, you have my interest, I haven’t watched M* video yet.....it’s where I’ll go once done here. Don’t say you’re bad for putting off masks...my goodness you’ve probably made more than you can count...so give yourself a break and enjoy your Tula Pink!

We did a boat load of errand yesterday.....just before the .....?? Snow....still they waffle over how much.....now we have no worries....we can just watch it and eat....sew.....whatever! While running in and out I saw a package in my mail box.....a sweet present for Monique......a true gem! Both her and the gift! I just smile all the time, thinking of her generosity. A sewing vase for me to use while hand quilting 🧵🪡 I am humbled to my core 💗

Well the trash is out, it’s starting to sleet....happy to be here.
    Love and hugs to all. Prayers for many, especially Pam’s father and her family 💕
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Have an awesome day.

Good Morning All,

Happy Friday, everyone! We're supposed to be 6 degrees warmer than yesterday. I'll take it, any way I can get it!

Yesterday, I worked on the twist baby quilt. I had the binding ready to do the final go around and took a break for dinner. Biden came on TV and interupted what I was watching, so I went to do my yoga for the day. I was about half way through the youtube class and Jim calls. Morgan had left to detail her van. That upset me, it was way past dark, and she was out at a carwash alone? Anyway, an hour later, he's ready to hang up and Gabby's ready to work for her treat. Then, I finished up the yoga video, but by then it was too late to finish up the binding. I'll do it this morning.

Time to get started, with the sunshining, it's a good day to do laundry. Maybe...

Have a wonderful day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are at Friday again. I'll have to watch Jenny's tut. later in the day. Baking
      DH's spelt bread is on the agenda this a.m.

We were at the dentist's office ~2 hrs. & 15 min. yest. a.m. DH did okay. It was a lot of work to do in one session. He was able to eat lunch after we got home. The anesthetic was wearing off enough that he could eat. His gums are quite sore, but tolerable.

Our CPA e-mailed the new tax forms for this year. She has a check list & the forms to fill in the blanks for easy organization. We won't be able to have appts. in person this year due to C-19. We need to either send the docs. through the portal, mail them, or just drop them off at her house. Most of the 1099's don't come much before the end of Jan., but I do need start working on this. It's takes a while to pull all the info. together.

I heard on the 5 a.m. news that due to our high winds yest., some place lost power & some vials of the C-19 vaccine were damaged. Another place in CO had an equipment failure & lost vials of vaccine.

Our governor has announced he is sending some of our National Guard troops to D.C. for the inauguration. The political unrest in our country is very disturbing. I hope the inauguration will be without any incidents.

I did more sorting of fabric scraps last evening. I'll have to take this process in small doses; it's a bit overwhelming. Wouldn't it be great if a person could just snap their fingers & have a ready-made stash like Lori Holt's? All those squares already pre-cut, etc. I'm leaning toward cutting new fabric for the Criss-Cross blocks.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, Good to hear that Glen did okay at the dentist. I had major work done in my mouth a few years ago to replace old work and put in some new. One day my dentist came in on his day off with just one helper and worked in my mouth for 6 hours. When he was done my jaw wouldn't release to close. It must have taken him 30 minutes of massage to get my muscles to relax. Long dental appts aren't for Sissies.

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb, Oh my! Six hours in the dentist's chair!!

Good morning!

We will have rain turning to snow this afternoon. I'm going to pick up some Panda Express and have lunch with my sister. We decided that before I read the fast food workers are planning to strike today. There's always mac n cheese if Panda Express is closed.

This weekend will be a three day weekend -- we're off on Monday for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday. I will work on putting the borders on the curvy log cabin quilt. It will be my largest quilt to date (approx. 72" x 88" when finished). I'm going to have to send it M* for quilting. I need to think about how I'm going to piece the fabric for the back.

My sister has offered to help straighten my sewing room. No thank you! She takes too much glee in throwing things away. Plus, I may never see my pineapple trim tool again! The last time she borrowed it, it was months before I got it back. Maybe I should buy her one for her birthday.

I haven't watched the triple play yet today. I'd better grab a cup of tea and do that before I have to log in to work. Have a wonderful day!
      Last edited by JulieC; January 15, 2021, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• toggpine
        toggpine commented
        Editing a comment
        They make some pretty 108" wide backing materials. It may seem expensive /yard, but you need less yardage, and no piecing!

Good morning all. Happy Friday. I am working on staying upbeat this morning. Last night I received an e-mail from the Governor's office telling me that the appointment I had for my vaccine was voided. Seems the place that I had the appointment at was mistakenly put live on the website. They weren't supposed to be accepting reservations. But not to worry, they tell me, it will be "Coming Soon" So, when "soon" comes my appointment will be up for grabs again and if I want one I will have to fight the thousands and thousands of others on the website clicking and clicking. So frustrating. And it makes me angry too. This system is so unfriendly to those who they have said are the most vulnerable all along. I know of so many others in my age group and older who do not have computers so they need to rely on either calling phone #'s that are overwhelmed and not taking messages at this time (please try again later) or another family member to do the computer clicking for them. My husband's 80-something yo uncle is among those.

OK, rant over. I am trying to focus on some positives this morning. Firstly, hubby actually did get his first shot yesterday. He is feeling fine so far. Or at least was as of last night. Just a bit of a sore arm. He is still sleeping this morning which leads me to believe he may be feeling a bit under the weather. Second, my son called last night and told me that they will be coming here tonight instead of going up to Rob and John's. So I will be able to be with them for a couple days here before they head up north a bit. I plan on spending time up there too over the next couple weeks while they are on the east coast. Thirdly, pharmacies are supposed to start doing the vaccine's and they are supposedly going to be focused on those 65 and older. Let's hope there is a system that is easy to use for that population to schedule their appointments.

Ok, that's three positive things I need to think on today. I am sorry if I have either not been here much lately or when I am, I am very negative. Recently I have been fighting what I can only think is actual depression. I have been sad at times in my life and felt down for a short bit of time but this feeling that is constantly below the surface and doesn't take much of anything to bubble up and over is something I am trying to work at handling. I have mostly been an optimistic person and I don't like who I am becoming. I described it to dh yesterday as putting a mask on with a smile on it when I am with someone but behind that mask is a very sad face. So I have embarked on a mission to pick three positive things each morning when I wake up to bring to my mind. I need to work myself out of this funk. It is even affecting my joy of sewing and quilting and we cannot have that! There is way too much fabric up in my sewing room waiting to be made into fun stuff.

So, with all that being said, I will head in to check on hubby now. Then I will go around the house and get the place safe for Aviendha again. While they were away, things got put in places that aren't really baby safe. I will also watch today's tutorial and maybe do some work on my Farmer's wife blocks while watching something entertaining this afternoon. The travelers are expected home in the early evening so I think we will just plan on getting a nice NY pizza for them (macaroni and cheese for Zeke since he has announced that he doesn't like pizza).

Have a good day everyone. Thanks for being a place where I can come and vent a bit. It really does help. And gives poor hubby a bit of a relief from listening to me too. Be well. Stay safe.
      Last edited by Ginny B; January 15, 2021, 07:34 AM.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure hope things improve for you in the long run. For now focus on that visit with the GKs.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Sending a hug your way Ginny! It's been a very tough year. Be kind to yourself!

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        Ginny and others, depression is real, and sometimes you can't just will yourself out of it. When I was in a deep depression several years ago, I would burst out in tears at the drop of a hat. DH kept telling me, "Don't be sad," as if I had a choice. One day, I blew up at him and yelled, "Do you think I am CHOOSING to feel like this?" It is the only time in our marriage that I have yelled at him.

Don't get me wrong, I think that gratitude journals, focusing on the positive, etc. are all helpful. But sometimes, it's just not enough. Please discuss this with your physician. You may benefit from an antidepressant medication, therapy, or both. In my case, I also used light therapy and needed high dose Vitamin D to get back to a therapeutic level.

For years, I thought that depression was a character flaw, and that I should just buck up and soldier on. Once I accepted that depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that it was not my fault, I was able to finally feel better.

Good Morning to all. Well I have NOTHING on my must do list for today. I did it all yesterday.. phone calls, emails, bill paying etc.. done and done! Got word my fed ex pkg got to escrow lawyers yesterday morning and buyers were to come in at 4:30 pm to sign. This land sell has been one long process, I had an offer with 3 days of putting it up sale, but took almost 3 months of escrow.

I am with the others in NOT accepting help in cleaning/organizing my sewing room supplies. Heavy furniture, I will give in to moving that around for me. When I bought my last sewing machine, my son asked if I was going to sell the others for I didn't need 3 machines. Well one is a kenmore from high school and that tank of a machine is not going anywhere and the other is a starter Singer (good back up). I turned it around on him... I simply asked him, can you do all your wood building projects with just one saw. I know he has like 4 or 5 different types of saws. Lets just say that conversation was over quickly!

I hope all have a safe and happy day. ((HUGS))

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Jean Sewing Machine commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I notice it is the guys with expensive hobbies that always wonder why we have so many machines, so much fabric, so many cutting tools! I always want to say, “ how many saws, drills, fishing poles etc do you have?” Somebody who has a pontoon boat made a comment about my longarm. He shut up quick when I mentioned the boat!

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        You ladies gave me some chuckles today. Great comebacks!

• toggpine
        toggpine commented
        Editing a comment
        "Fish @ the store!" OMG!
        I love it!

Good Morning all,

We didn’t get as much snow, yet, as was predicted. And, I don’t believe we ever got below freezing last night. We were in the upper 30’s yesterday but was still 33 when Dave got up around 6:30. We are supposed to get maybe 2 inches more of snow. I think we may have gotten a couple yesterday bu5 right now it is more like rain which 8 can see could cause major problems once it goes below freezing. So thankful that I don’t need to go anywhere.

We had a lovely supper last night, a nice salad, garlic bread, and lasagna. Lots of the lasagna left so most of it will be frozen. Plans for today will be turkey soup with some freshly made dinner rolls. No sewing done yesterday, worked in the puzzle Dave got out last week. Once I get all the veggies cut for the soup and get it cooking I will venture up to the sewing room. Dave is currently waiting for FedEx to show up with his wine delivery.

Hope everyone has a great day, time for me to get some breakfast and get going one the soup.

Carlie

Comment

Morning all!

Yesterday was a bust. I didn't do a darn thing that I had planned. Not really sure what got into me, but it sure wasn't a desire to do more than sit in front of my computer or the TV. Hoping today will be better, but I'm making no promises.

Part of the problem was that after supper I sat in my recliner. Next thing I knew it was 10:30 p.m. Of course when I woke up I couldn't get back to sleep until about 4 a.m. I hate that.

We got a nice surprise both yesterday and today. Cheryl's stimulus check arrived in the mail, and this morning when I checked for her paycheck, I saw there were two checks deposited instead of one. At first I thought it might have been a bonus, but the more I think about it I think it's a pandemic payment. The hospital gave each of its employees two weeks that they could use if they tested positive for COVID. If they didn't, then they were to receive the money outright. Since Cheryl never tested positive and now has the vaccine, I guess they decided to go ahead and pay her. That will really help in the old bill department, given that my unemployment won't start back up for a week or two. I just want to go back to work!

Patsy and I will go to the bank today to make payments and deposit Cheryl's stimulus check. After that, I hope to do what I had planned to do yesterday.

Have a great day all!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Jean Sewing Machine commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy day to see a bump up in the bank account!

Originally posted by Monique View Post
        Welcome Friday because I don't have to go to work today. I have just slept 11 hours. It feels so good having a wonderful sleep. Just heard the forecast for the weekend, we are expecting a lot of snow, could be 10 inches or more. Again, glad I don't have anywhere to go. Couldn't go even if I wanted to, LOL!!

After getting home from work yesterday, I had a nice hot shower, put my jammies on and then I did a bit of mindless sewing. I was making more 4 patches for the scrap quilt challenge 2020 pattern. So very easy to do. I already have 174 blocks made. I will have to see how many I would need for a queen sized quilt.

Hubby wants to help me organize my sewing room. I look at him with daggers because no I don't want his help. I will do it on my own time in my own way.

And so I am not sure what this day will bring just yet. But no matter what (housework, sewing) I will keep myself busy.

Have an awesome day friends and weekend too. Stay safe and stay healthy.
        That made me smile and cringe at yhe same time...I would not welcome help in my sewing room either!!!

Comment

Good morning! The blizzard has hit like they predicted. But thankfully, the power is still on and the roads are not terrible. DH and I had to be out early this morning for an appointment. The roads are a little slick but not bad. There is not a lot of snow but lots of high, cold winds that is causing issues as it picks up the snow and makes white out conditions. Snow is stuck to the sides of buildings. The way the snow has blown, our front door is getting covered and it is on the opposite side from the direction of the wind plus there is a little porch to protect it. I have no idea how they can even think of measuring how much snow we have gotten because it is a mess.

After we got back, dh fixed us breakfast. My game plan for the day is a short nap, some paperwork that has to be done and some time sewing - not sure what project but I want to do something with fabric.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Monique...glad with all that snow coming that you are Ble to stay home. Hopefully in jammies with tea and some pretty fabric. 😊

Got some more sewing done yesterday. Trying now to figure out the layout of my Valentine's quilt. I made a separate post with pictures if anyone wants to chime in with suggestions. Had a couple of phone appointments and made a nice taco pasta skillet dinner.

Today I hope to sew some more and do some baking. I have to pick up mail and meds and call Canada Post.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Hello Friday!

Well oops! I put 2 Snowmen blocks into a project bag as I lost interest. Another UFO and then realized that the project was on my list to make this year. It is number 5 which was picked for January. Now I'm 2 blocks ahead on that project. It will be 3 blocks and sashing so big enough and good enough. No UFO please.

Dinner time already and I need to call in our order. I don't cook on Fridays. LOL!

Hope your day is great!

Comment

Hi friends,
                Continuing prayers.
                Was so looking forward to today the weather was supposed to be warm, hahahaha
                We had 8.5 inches of snow with an over night temp of -9 degrees c!! funny enough with all that snow on roof and lack of damp particles, it is warmer inside.
                The weather forecasters say it is going to snow again it is crispy out tonight, Sir & Mischief went out last night on a little zig zag path cleared for extra exercise with their blue lit coats on they looked funny in the dark going back and forth, they were rather quick to decide to come in. You could see in their faces when they looked out of window yesterday when it was falling that they were not so keen.

Been reading / device accessibility listening, quite like the easy flow of the stories, by Jaime Admans started with Snowflakes at the little Christmas tree farm which had a lot of info, but did the roof get done? , then moved onto Its a Wonderful night, purely chosen due to author, who had done a great job on one before and the book front cover, yikes the actually story topic is something do not usually read but still well written, was slightly out of sorts, the ending lets just say felt cold considering the characters wardrobe. But knew all the items listed, gosh feel old.
                Once before accidently downloaded a book, by Amelia Mandeville every colour of you, should anyone suffer with dry eyes or itchy eyes that book causes tears, it sure was another unexpected topic.
                Anyhow finished The little wedding island last night, while a great story with great descriptions making you think actually there, there was some chuckle moments too, it finished way to soon. Perhaps there maybe a sequel could just imagine the other characters popping over there?
                We currently have some kidnapping, and spillage of dna films on telly, so passing the time reading/ device listening to these instead they are a bit less intense.
                enjoy your day
                Hugs
                T

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                  Nwmnteacher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Reading is such a wonderful escape!

• 201 Treadler
                  201 Treadler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure is, there is certainly the need for escapement when in lockdown lol.
                  It seems the current book by Patience Green To Scotland with love is another tear streaming book, that is about family, quilting x fictional place called Gandiegow.
              Working...
              X