It's Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday

Oh my Wednesday already? It was a busy day at work yesterday, still lots of parcels coming in record numbers. WOW!!

I had my doctor's appointment in the afternoon. He thinks I have another pinched nerve in my back which is causing pain in my groin to my knee. He ordered an xray and I had done immediately. I will feel better when that comes back with no issues.

The daily deal I ordered on Jan 6th arrived yesterday!! WOW how is that for quick delivery!!

My granddaughter has decided that she likes wolves now. So I was on the hunt for a wolf panel and found one I liked. I showed her and she approved. So I have ordered the panel. Now to decide how to put the quilt together. In the new Fons and Porter Quick and Easy Quilts February/March 2021, there is a pattern so I may have to search to see if I can buy the magazine. Her birthday is at the end of March so that should give me time to make her this quilt.

The memory quilt is going home today. I will get pictures taken before it goes.

And so that is it for today. I expect today will be busy once again at the post office.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Hi everyone, just wanted to repost update if you missed it on the other thread. Below is my post from last night. My mom will get to visit him this morning. Please pray that he will be feeling better today.

”Sorry for the delay in updating. My dad had the procedure done about 4pm today and visiting time is from 5:30 to 6:30pm. They said they would call afterwards to let my mom know how it went. Two stressful hours later my mom gets a phone call from my dad asking where his visitor was. (My brother was planning to go in and see him.) we were relieved to hear his voice but frustrated that the dr forgot to call her! So my brother jumped in the car to go visit him before visiting time was over.

So my mom called the nurse. She said he did well with the procedure and they removed gunk from his lungs. Also still on oxygen and he ate his supper tonight. My dad was told by the dr that if this procedure doesn’t work he might have to be put on ventilator which is very worrisome for him, my mom and the rest of us.

Mom was worn out tonight​​​​​. She said that she appreciated all of your prayers. I hate to keep asking but please keep him in your prayers that this procedure will be successful and that he will start showing improvement.

Thank you all and sorry for rambling on. It’s been a stressful afternoon.”
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Prayers continuing for your dad and mom as well as you and the rest of the family. I'm certain this has been quite a stressful time for you all and that doesn't help your health either.

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      Continuing to send prayers for your dad and your family.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't have too many prayers.

Good morning!

Monique, I too will be praying for a good report.....hope you feel better soon! Love that panel....saw a pic of the quilt using it.....Maizyn will love it!

Nothing but cold and dark.....we saw the golden orb ☀️ sometime last week, so I’m thankful for that. At least no white stuff, for now....

Did so much yesterday, I barely sat down, so maybe an easier day today.....maybe...

Gonna look around at y’all’s lovely creations.....have a great day ❣️

Prayers for many...Pam and her family especially....
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good Morning All,

Gabby decided to get up early today. I wasn't ready to get up, but up I got. Now, I'm sipping coffee and snuggled under my afghan with Gabs.

The plan for today, work on the January SS and maybe get the Twist baby quilt sandwiched. That would give me two baby quilts ready for this year. I'll take a break from those for a bit. I want to call the mobile grooming outfit that I found. I hope they'll be able to get Gabby in this week. She's a fluffy puff ball right now and brushing her isn't her favorite thing especially when she gets knots.

Monique, I made Mike a quilt with several quilt panels. It was challenging, but he loves it. I know your girl will love hers.

I guess it's time to get started doing something productive or I'll sit here an marinate in a NCIS marathon. Better to be productive, right?

Have a great day!

Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you, too. Love NCIS. Last night was a good one with Christopher Lloyd.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        I was such a faithful watcher of all the NCIS -- but then one day a few years ago, I just stopped watching most TV. I just can't get into watching any series for a long while, I just lose interest.

• chelea
        chelea commented
        Editing a comment
        I still follow my mother's rule from when I was a kid...no TV during the day. It was always followed by "now go play outside!". Can you imagine mothers telling their kids that nowadays?

Good morning!! I'm up early and hoping today is calm. I am booked solid in meetings tomorrow and will schedule a bunch for Friday. It's my birthday lol, because of life I'm not really feeling like celebrating but I do think I'll treat myself to sushi today!! No one else likes sushi in the house so I'll treat them to dominos.

I didn't do anything last night but cook. I made a feast...general taos chicken, teriyaki chicken, white rice and egg noodles. I wanted to try this recipe for general taos...not sure if everyone would like it so made half the chicken teriyaki. I have a hard time with rice, so I made egg noodles but enough for everyone since we all love them.

I did go to Doller general last night..we needed coffee and other stuff. I guess I've grown accustomed to social distancing. This guy would not leave me alone, followed me down isles..I would leave. Went to check out and was within a foot...I ran out and left...what's wrong with people!!! Space envaders make me very uncomfortable.

Monique..long story but I ended up with some winter wolf fabric let me know if you want it. I'll send it to you! I know prints are hit or miss.

I only have a couple meetings today..should be a calm day. Pam I'm praying for your dad...I'm really pulling for your family.

I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day!!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
        Rob the HOAQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I love basmati rice or jasmine rice boiled in chicken broth. Cheryl swore she hated rice until I made it. Now she loves it! I had a recipe for baked General Tso's Chicken that turned out really well, although it's a pain to make very often.

Rob

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy birthday Rachel! Enjoy your sushi today.

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!!! Lol work first..

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We are under a high wind warning today. The temp. already is up to 48 deg. High is supposed to be 61. This is the "warm before the storm" weather pattern so common around here. A cold front is moving in from the N.W.

Yest. eve. was our monthly guild mtg. on Zoom. It had been a virtual sew day with a shortened mtg. at the reg. 6:30 time. There were 78 of us on. They did Sew & Tell, introduced us to all the new board members, which I thought was nice. We're planning our annual fall quilt show. No way to know now if it will be in person or on line like last year.

Yest. a.m. I took DH to get his new glasses. He can see much better with the new lenses. He has developing cataracts. He doesn't want to have the surgery unless they get too bad for him to be able to read. I brought him home then left for my errands. I needed groc., stopped at the bakery, & picked up a chicken bowl from Chipotle's to bring home. It's enough food for 3 meals.

This a.m. is Bible study on Zoom. Later, I need to mix up my turkey patties.

Yest. I watched another Lori Holt tutorial -- the 16" Crossroads block pattern. It uses up a lot of 4-patches. I wrote out the instructions & drew a sample block.

Have a good day.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell your DH the operations are a breeze. I was really nervous before the first one, but it was no problem at all. I had the second one done Dec. 22. I have an appt. on Jan. 22 to get reading glasses that are my prescription...as of now I'm using cheaters. It's so nice to get up in the morning and be able to see without hunting for glasses!

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy...we had a system like thag come through last night. It was warm, wet and wild. Our power went out. Stay safe!

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't know DH & the anxiety he has! It would not be a piece of cake for him. His vision is much improved with the new Rx in his lenses. It's easier to read. If cataract surgery is needed down the road, we'll face it at the time.

Another grey day on tap. Freezing drizzle throughout yesterday & they are calling for same today. we braved the crowds to go to Costco yesterday. According to rules store capacity supposed to be limited to 25%, but it seemed busier to me. Government announced a “stay at home order” yesterday, so I think everyone was stocking up. Meat counter was nearly empty.

Today I have to try & make quilt label without my sewing machine. Dropped it off for repair & don’t know when I’ll get it back now, with new restrictions in place.

I will enjoy my tea & read forum to catch up this morning since there is nothing important on my schedule.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure how they are going to police capacity. A lot of the stores just didn't do that very well before, in my opinion. Not sure this stay-at-home changes much for us. We don't go anywhere, and have only been out a few times for groceries in past month,

• chelea
        chelea commented
        Editing a comment
        In our area it seems that the stores that were closed during the first shut-down in March are very careful about stationing someone at the door who actually counts those entering and leaving and they will stop shoppers from entering. Food stores, forget it...practically impossible to social distance and there's no policing. And don't even get me going about Walmart. I avoid it like the plague.

Good Morning to all. Going to be a busy morning for me. Two banks and then to fed ex for shipping. I got the escrow pkg last nite in email and only have today to turn it all around, they need it back by tomorrow. This has been like almost a 90 day escrow effort. As long as the pkg makes it back by tomorrow, come Friday all the T's will be crossed and I's dotted and this sell will be over. Proceeds wired to bank here in Calif. and sit for 4 months and see if any creditors come out of the Tenn. woodwork and make claims.

Might even treat myself to a drive thru lunch on the way home today and then take the rest of the day as it comes. Might just be a slug bug afternoon, me and netflix.

I hope all have a good day today and keep our guards up.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        Go for it. It amazes me how long settling estates can be, You're on the home stretch. Enjoy,

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        You've earned an afternoon where someone else prepares lunch and you can just chill!

Good Morning all,

We are getting a light freezing rain this morning, yuck. Dave and I will be taking the dogs for their appointment at the groomers and then have to run to the grocery store for some basil (they were out on Monday) and then Menards for an order Dave placed. The rain/snow is supposed to end sometime between 9 and 10. I'm glad Dave will be driving so I don't need to worry about it.

I was able to work on my mystery quilt again last night and have only the clue that I got on Monday left to do. I should be able to get that clue done by Monday morning. There are only 2 clues left and I'm excited to see what the quilt will look like. It has some dark gray along with some bright reds, blues, greens and oranges so it will work well with my gray sofa bed. Dave had said something about it needing some color, I think this will do the trick.

I think our morning will be taken up with the dogs and our errands and then this afternoon I'll be working on the laundry. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more sewing. I will wait until I get the mystery quilt completed before I start rearranging my sewing room. I checked with Dave and he thinks it will be at least a month before he gets the top of the cutting station completed and can put it together. He works on it all day off and on. His knees are very bad and so is his back to he needs to take breaks several times during the day. I should be able to get most of it rearranged before he is done.

Monique, I really love the wolf panel and can't wait to see what you do with it.

Off now for an early breakfast and then off for our errands. Have a great day everyone!
      Carlie

Comment

Good morning all. A bit of a frustrating day yesterday. Over the weekend we got the parts in that were needed to fix the washer. Called the repairman to let him know, he came early yesterday morning only to find that one of the parts was broken even though it had a Quality Control stamp on it and initialed by a person. So, back it goes and we wait again. Then our Governor changed the eligibility requirements for the vaccine and hubby and I are now eligible. Yay! Well not so yay about actually getting an appointment. Nothing available, conflicting instructions and phone #'s that go nowhere. We were up until after midnight trying to no avail and this morning the same thing. It is reminding me of trying to get a slot for grocery delivery back when this all started except a much more vital issue now.

I did have a positive thing happen yesterday though. I was contacted by someone asking if I could make a Valentine's tablerunner for her and I did get that done yesterday.

The boys have been sending me pictures of their time together and while I am sad that I couldn't be with them, I am happy they are having a fun time together. I will get to be with all of them next week except for Tim. We will plan a trip to see him as soon as we can after getting our vaccine. That may still be months away judging by my unproductive efforts these last couple days.

Sorry, feeling a bit cynical today I guess. I need to think along more positive lines. I will focus on the fact that we had a great visit with Steve, Ana, Zeke and Avi on Saturday. Zeke and I had a wonderful day together. He helped me make breakfast for them when we got home from the airport, we baked cookies together in the afternoon, he showed me how to play some of his games on his tablet, we fed the birds and inspected my gardens and just generally enjoyed being with each other. I am overjoyed that after being initially not so sure about who we were, Avi got very comfortable being with us and even started reaching out for me to pick her up. And they will be back from NC in a few days and I will get to be with them again until they head back home at the end of the month. Steve will be working of course, but I will get to be with him in the evenings and weekends. They will mostly be up at Rob and John's so I will be up there quite a bit over the next few weeks.

Ok time to put a smile on my face and get things done today. We still have all our Christmas decor up because we wanted it to still be holiday-ish when our visitors arrived but we do need to start getting things put away now.

Have a good day all.
        Last edited by Ginny B; January 13, 2021, 08:14 AM.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Ginny B
          Ginny B commented
          Editing a comment
          I know Jean. After watching the news last night I decided not to call the #'s listed next to the vaccine sites except for the main NY # listed for the drive thru site set up at Jones Beach. It doesn't seem like the vaccines have actually arrived so the poor pharmacies, etc. are probably inundated with calls and they can't even help the callers.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          We both got e-mails & phone msgs. to get signed up for the vaccine; it's available from our health care provider. However, we choose not be vaccinated. We don't do flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, etc. We have our reasons.

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          My husband went on the link from channel 12 news and got an appointment for March 23rd. I think the computer said they are now up to April 16th with appointments.

Good morning all, its a dull overcast day but temps are quite pleasant of late.

Yesterday I worked some more at quilting Hanging Gardens -- its a challenge I will have to admit, and sort of regretting not just quilting an entire edge to edge design, I am doing E-E on the center part, but I am going to check the rollers for lint as its going off ever so slightly in the pattern -- off by 1/2" increased to 2" in a foot spread, so I decided to stop and rip out stitches. I figures it would be 6"+ by the time it got to the end. If there's anything that I will do when this pandemic is really over and under control -- I am going to sign up for in-person training at HQ. I learn better when with instructor. That's been added to my bucket list.

Last night was my guild meeting - there were 140 of 200 members were on-line. That beats previous speakers -- Mary Fons was very entertaining and quite interesting. She shared her experience and work on Quilt Folk magazine (more like a book). I am fascinated with it, and will try to locate it. Also shared her works in progress and interest in quilt history. I love that aspect of quilting, a legacy to future generations. I want to watch her interview with Karen Brown which was going to air on YT Monday. Karen will be our speaker in February. Our guild is increasing its number of sew days. They will be having a 3rrd one so far this month on Blue Monday 18th to support warding off depression. I'm in. I do get a lot of sewing in most days, but sew days are special as you actually see people.

Today I will drop off a gift and flowers to my girlfriend. I made her some cardinal placemats. Nothing much else planned except some sewing repairs. I have lost my mojo for cooking, but trying to make easy meals with no more than 1 leftover meal. While we have been in a state of emergency for a month, this has now been extended another month PLUS we are under stay-at-home orders between 8pm to 7am. Not a problem, I don't go out early and never out after dinner, Stores are under stricter rules for capacity even essential like grocery, pharmacies. Most small businesses and services are not allowed to re-open, so this means my hair appt will be pushed back again, Not a problem, but I was hoping to get a massage. This will probably be cancelled. Our numbers are rising and they are trying to avoid decisions about who gets treated in ICUs and who gets ventilators.

I hope everyone stays safe and enjoys the day that we are presented.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. You've got some big names speaking to you. I watched part of the Mary Fons/Karen Brown discussion, but haven't finished it yet.

Rob

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I think we had her as a guest speaker at our guild, too. It's been a while. She was a recent guest on Karen Brown's Just Get It Done videos. I haven't watched it yet. It usually gets posted on YT.

Good morning all! We had a beautiful sunny day here yesterday and promises for a repeat today! Then we will be plunged back into winter for another spell.

I spent a good portion of my day cleaning out my MAIN fabric closet. It was originally intended to be my ONLY fabric closet, but fabric stashes grow So it is one of many now. I can honestly say I touched every piece in there ( well maybe not EVERY one) but I now know where things are and some beautiful gems were found. I redistributed my shelves to better accommodate my stash of leather vinyl and cork for bags. I’d better get back on that track because the stash is awesome but not many bags have been made this year. Anyway the closet looks great, but there a bunch of leftovers that are out on the floor waiting for me to decide their fate. There is where I struggle to finish the job!

That about did me in for the day. Today I hope to get some sewing done. I’ll have to dance around the piles of left overs but I have stuff to do! Going to be sewing some more sample projects for my sewing groups and working on my 40 mask order.

Have a great day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          It feels great to get those closets organized. I finally have mine where I know where everything is. I just want to add a shelf unit on the floor to support at least 2 or 3 of the long narrow bins, so I don't have to move them to get to the bottom one (5 on floor).

Good morning,

It's a relaxing morning here trying to organize a couple of hot-spots in the sewing room. Just put things away girl! The Santa collection is packed away until next year. It's organized in the bin and I'll make a big label so they are easy to find next year. Poor guys have been left alone in the attic for a few years. I've decided to store a few of these bins in the garage for now. DD will help with the spring boxes the next time she visits.

This is the year that I'm starting the house de-clutter for a move in the next couple of years. We want a quiet little town for our retirement years. A few families we know have already made the exit from our country due to growth and over-development.

I managed to schedule and pick up our groceries yesterday. Trying to stay out of stores due to numbers and lack of vaccine availability. My personal goal is to remain patient and hopeful for a faster roll-out. It has been so slow.

Monique, Hope you feel better and get good xray results.

Hope your day is great!

Comment

When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder’s in the shock, And you hear the kyouck and gobble of the struttin’ turkey-cock,
          No "punkins," and I haven't seen a shock of corn in years, but there's definitely frost on the ground this morning. Supposed to warm up before more cold again this weekend. It's strange that we haven't had any measurable snow. Looks like a repeat of last year when we didn't have any either. We have the deck box in the back of Cheryl's Santa Fe and won't take it out until this weekend so we can put it together outside and not have to carry it.

Got a new phone yesterday and spent much of the afternoon getting it set up. Got all my contacts transferred along with my text messages and then re-downloaded all my apps. My old phone was running out of memory, so this new one doubles my storage space and is slightly bigger. Of course I have to get a new case for it, but that's OK. Not really sure what I'll do with the old phone. Might just keep it around as a back-up if needed. I know the Lion's Club used to take old phones as donations, so I might look into that.

Thinking about getting back into the sewing room. I designed a Civil War quilts months ago called "Alexander's Bean Pot." Some of the fabric I bought a couple of weeks ago would be perfect for it, but there are still some other fabric choices that I want to revisit. Got the backing in yesterday for my great-nephew's quilt from Old Country Store Fabrics (four days from order to arrival--are you listening Hancock's of Paducah?) and some train fabric that I forgot I had ordered. It can be used either for pillows or kid's quilts, so it definitely won't go to waste.

Patsy is sitting next to me in the office snoozing, so all's right in her world.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Good afternoon!

I am late to the party today. We had the employee meeting for our site this morning. We also had our escape room exercise. I am sorry to report that my team was eaten by zombies. There were four of us in the group (we had a few no shows). I still don't understand how the second clue was supposed to work. I thought we had another online meeting after the lunch break, but the boss said we don't so...yay! I don't mind working remotely, but all day virtual meetings usually result in a headache from too much screen time.

Yesterday must have been my day to forget things. I almost mailed a letter without a stamp on it. I need to take it to a mailbox today. I also had to go to the grocery store twice. I went to Fresh Thyme in the morning for the bunny's greens, and realized on the way home that I forgot her carrots. 😱 I came home, had lunch, and went to Giant Eagle in the afternoon. Bunny should be set for a few days.

The hospice nurse called while I was at the drive-thru getting lunch. Mom got a good report. It always amazes me when they tell me she is delightful. Sometimes I wonder if they are referring to the right patient. She was so difficult when she lived at home, and when we first moved her into the facility. It is great that she has calmed down so much.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Jean Sewing Machine commented
              Editing a comment
              So glad for your mom and your family that things are doing well. It is difficult when the ones we care for struggle daily with their caregivers.
          Working...
          X