Shipping funnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping funnies

No, I'm not talking about Garfield or Dagwood, but weird things from the world of shipping packages.

I sent one of my gift quilts to its recipient in Paducah on Monday via priority mail through the USPS. He got it on Tuesday, which pleasantly surprised me that it got there so quickly.

Yet, on December 28 I ordered three bags of oyster crackers (they are lower sodium, which you cannot find in our area grocery stores). It came from St. Petersburg, Fla., and arrived at the USPS facility in Louisville, Ky., on January 5. From there it went to the Regional Distribution Facility IN MY CITY. It was transferred to another regional facility in town and then was sent to Carol Stream, Illinois and then to Elk Grove Village, Illinois. From there it is now headed back to me. My crackers have traveled more in ten days than I have in ten years.,

Sheesh!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

I totally get it. I've had shipments from M* get all the way to GA, just across the state line only to go back to Kansas to start all over again. What cha gonna do?
    Katrina
    β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What we gonna do? Keep our sense of humor, I guess, lol! Gina

Comment

I sent my sister a gift for New Years (a calendar and planner). It shipped from FL on 12/28 Priority mail. It finally got to her yesterday 1/8. She lives in CA. I'm just happy it finally arrived. So is she btw.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

I sometimes wonder if people or computers make up these routes!!!

Comment

Yet my M* orders tske 6 days from the time I order to reach me. Depends on the shipping company I guess. Mine comes Fed Ex from them.
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too. I placed an order Dec 28th. Arrived Jan 6.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe to Canada they use regular FedEx and not Smartpost. We do pay more for shipping.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              They use FedEx International -- and we do pay more for shipping.$12US + $18Cdn

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
            No, I'm not talking about Garfield or Dagwood, but weird things from the world of shipping packages.

I sent one of my gift quilts to its recipient in Paducah on Monday via priority mail through the USPS. He got it on Tuesday, which pleasantly surprised me that it got there so quickly.

Yet, on December 28 I ordered three bags of oyster crackers (they are lower sodium, which you cannot find in our area grocery stores). It came from St. Petersburg, Fla., and arrived at the USPS facility in Louisville, Ky., on January 5. From there it went to the Regional Distribution Facility IN MY CITY. It was transferred to another regional facility in town and then was sent to Carol Stream, Illinois and then to Elk Grove Village, Illinois. From there it is now headed back to me. My crackers have traveled more in ten days than I have in ten years.,

Sheesh!

Rob
            Let's hope they're still crackers and not crumbs! If crumbs...well, you could make schnitzel! Lol
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Maybe if they still taught geography in schools...
              Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
              πŸ™„

Comment

Am sure Tom Hanks in castaway would of loved that package!!!

Comment

That's too funny but not really when you want those oyster crackers. For years, I went on a bus tour to NJ & NH. I always picked up boxes of oyster crackers, which I can't seem to find here. Then one day I went to a Walmart, and there they were.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                    Rob the HOAQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    These are Westminster Bakery oyster crackers. They only have 60 mgs. of sodium per serving, which I usually use three or four servings when I eat soup, which with regular oyster crackers would be about 100 mgs. per serving.

Rob

• ktdid
                    ktdid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have you tried making your own crackers??? my antique cook books all have soda crackers in them, which you could omit the salt.

• Rob the HOAQ
                    Rob the HOAQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I actually have. Basically they turned out like Wheat Thins. Certainly fine in a pinch, but even I don't want to have to do that all the time.

Rob

I am in New Hampshire and sometimes I get my order from MSQ in no time, other times it will sit in a fed ex Regional Distribution Facility in MA which I refer to as the fed-ex black hole/worm hole for days and then poof it is on the truck. Have not had any from the PO in a long time even though it is smart post (which in mho is an oxymoron).

Comment

Working...
                  X