No announcement yet.

Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk about chocolate chip cookies, those without, layer cakes now I want to bake! Gina

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Karen on being so close to your goal...you can do it!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      A moment on the lips, forever on the hips.

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Ended up baking a lemon pound cake! So yummy! Gina

hi friends,
    It snowed yesterday, we had a small griming but its sure cold, am still keeping warm.
    himself and sir discovered the door was frozen closed, so awoke to bells ringing of the other door opening and closing while they went to de-ice. they were quickly back, sir the cat spent the next 30 minutes offering his cold support while he defrosted on me😏.
    himself had a wardrobe failure, his pj elastic let go yesterday so he pegged them so could carry on wearing😲, guess who saw the peg and removed it to have him scream, it seems he was more physically attached than we knew.
    A seam ripper to add a hole in waist band and a length of gold dust aka elastic with a safety pin threaded the elastic through waistband band knotted soon had him totally pegless.
    sew not much happening but a lot of laughs
    enjoy your day and prayers for those in need.
    Hugs T

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. That's funny! A lot of laughs makes for a wonderful day!

Good evening,
    Haven't logged in for a few days. Events of this week really turned this household upside down. DH very upset and emotional at the offenses on the democracy, as was I. Stayed up all night watching the count and confirmation of votes. This is frightening as I wouldn't dismiss other bad events before inauguration.

On a positive note, I dropped off authorization for mom to get the Covid vaccine which was administered today. I had not gone out since Dec 24th -- so I picked up a premium bottle of rum -- smooth. I also went to Walmart and picked up 2 bins and shower bar. I added it to the bathtub that I am now storing batting in. On the bar, I hang the scraps, by type, in a clear bag. I also loaded the two bins. One is just for blue fabric, the other one I put all novelty type fabrics. Now I have a better view of all my fabrics. Then I got another pkg from M*. Yeah. Manageable. I placed a pre-order from a Cdn supplier, a bolt of 80/20 120" wide batting. It probably wont arrive until the end of February, but in no rush. The price was fantastic sale. I should now be set for the next few years.

Today, my guild held another Sew Day. 36-40 were on-line and it was fun, and really nice to talk to other members. There were times when we went to break out rooms, and times together. The last hour to share what we accomplished, and share a drink. This is the 2nd this month, and they are planning another one on the 18th. I finished the top from my #5 UFO list. I have the backing and it will be next on the quilt machine.

Take care and stay safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      Good morning! The dark grey skies here have taken all inspiration from me. I have a big mask order to do, but that past few days have taken motivation away, and the snuggly quilt and I have spent much time together.

A dear friend called yesterday, we had a nice chat. Haven’t chatted with her since summer. Another friend who moved away was planning on dropping by, but I warned her I would be busy attending a virtual funeral service of a very close friend who died Dec. 23 of COVID complications. Wow! The service lasted over an hour with two very moving eulogies. He and his wife were/are musicians, they added several prerecorded (by them) and VERY MEANINGFUL musical interludes in the ceremony. I found myself sobbing uncontrollably during these. Music, especially worship music has been a part of my life since I was 10. To lose that during this pandemic hurts like losing a good friend. I think I was crying for the loss of both of those, my friend and my music. I was like a wet noodle after that, so the snuggly quilt and I spent more time together. Then late afternoon brought the last broadcast of Jeopardy with Alex Trebek as host. More tears! I watch Jeopardy every day, so to say I am a fan is an understatement! More Kleenex used. Think I need to shop for a new supply of Kleenex.

Hope I can get motivated to make some masks, at least to get some cut out. That is always the first struggle!

have a good day!
      Sorry for the loss of your friend Jean. A good snuggle under one of your lovely quilts will do a world of good. Can you share what pattern you use for masks? I'm still doing the one with 3 pleats, but would like to try a different one.

Comment

Working...
      X