It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday

Good morning friends. NO WORK TODAY!! I had a wonderful sleep last night and just got up.

It was a good day at work. After work hubby and I set out to get some more groceries and needed 'thing's.

My girlfriend is coming tonight so we will have a birthday supper for her and then sewing day tomorrow.

That's it for me for today. Have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Morning all,

Monique, sewing day with a friend sounds great, enjoy!

Up way too early today 4:30, ugggh, will probably doze later in the day. Yesterday I finished a reading pillow for a baby shower and will work on an order for another princess one today. Then hopefully no more pillows for a while.

Well I finally took down the tree yesterday and got all the ornaments put away. I hated to take it down as I really enjoyed seeing it. Will work on some more lace ornaments for it throughout the year.

Don't know what I will get into today may sew for a bit then see how the day goes.

I need coffee this morning to kick start my day so I'm off to the kitchen. Wishing everyone a good day!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning....I really slept hard last night. The Girls let us sleep in until 6:30! That’s highly unusual for us.

Yesterday I got very little done. I called Mary, my longarm quilter, and found out that she and he husband are just getting over Covid. She’s not sure how they caught it. I think it will be a while until she is able to work.

I plan to spend some quality time in the sewing room today digging through my precuts.

Monique, have a great time with your friend.

Wishing everyone a great day....
      Last edited by Bubby; January 8, 2021, 07:03 AM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Prayers for your longarmers.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I got more sad news from my family yest. My niece Linda (in Oregon) is in her final journey from cancer. She's in the hosp. & probably won't be with us much longer. Prayers for her would be appreciated. I think she's in her 60's.

Yest. a.m. was my much needed massage. She really worked over my back & L. leg. That Iliotibial band still is tight.

I'm getting the urge to sew, but I haven't made it there yet. When I was out on errands Wed., I stopped by my LQS. I needed more red fabric for the B/W quilt for binding. The exact match was sold out, but I found something that will work. I also bought a couple yds. of background fabric; it's white with small various colored dots. It will go with any colors. I had a coupon for 20% off. The gals were busy doing inventory. Their reg. price for yardage now is $12.99, which is why I still buy most of my fabric on line, preferably on a sale. I'm really trying to shop my stash. My sewing expenses last year were the least I've ever spent.

No set plans for today. It's 20 deg. this a.m.; it's expected to be in the 40's. A chance of a light dusting of snow tomorrow.

Comment

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, sorry to hear about your niece.

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Prayers for your niece and you with that IT band. I'm also trying to refrain from buying new fabric until I use up some of my stash.

• Paisley
        Paisley commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, I’ll keep your niece and her family and you in my prayers. I’ll pray she passes without further pain.

Good morning. Well it's one day 'til Steve, Ana and the kids will be here. They will only be here for a day then will head out to meet up with my other sons for a few days then will be back here for the rest of their visit. Lots to do today to get ready for their arrival including installing a new carseat for Aviendha. And also do another sweep through the house to see what is not 1 year old safe.

Monique, have a wonderful sewtime with your friend. I am sure it will be an awesome time.

Have a great day everyone.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        They are clever creatures and get into everything!! My GD amazes me what she could always get into!! Mind you I did daycare as well.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Busy day, but it'll be worth kt. How exciting. Enjoy your visit tomorrow, Ginny!

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Have a wonderful time with your family.

Good Morning All,

Well, yesterday was productive. I spent some quality time in my sewing room. Mike set up his new phone. It was sunny and fairly warm. The warm before a cold front moved through. It rained last night. Gabby was funny, she finished her dinner and wanted out. Once she found out it was raining, she changed her mind. She decided sitting with me in the recliner was a better idea. She waited out the sprinkles and made it out when it wasn't raining.

Last night I pressed the strips for the next border on Wesley's quilt but I didn't go so far as to measure it. I'll work on that today. Mike is scheduled through Monday, so I'll have some time on my hands. Plenty of time to work on it!

Time to start doing something productive! Have a wonderful day.

Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning all. Been a few days since I have checked in on the daily roll call. Received my new order of batting yesterday so I will be working on the tops I made last year. I was able to finish up one with what I did have on hand, piecing the batting. My legal (probate) stuff in California is nearing the end, whew! Just waiting on the final declaration document to sign to use in requesting the court to close it. Now the one in Tenn, well I am waiting for the dreaded email... can you please extend escrow AGAIN (covid is causing havoc for sure).

Still scheduled to make a visit tomorrow to see my daughter and her crew, late Christmas celebration. Will be hitching a ride with my son and his crew. I don't like driving california freeways unless I absolutely have to.

Hope all have a safe and happy day, don't let your guard down! ((Hugs))
        baby quilt 1 back.jpeg baby quilt 1 front.jpeg

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Your quilting is just perfect for the quilt pattern.

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a really nice quilt. Well done.

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          Love how you chose to quilt this!

Good morning. Im so jealous of your sewing day with your friend Monique. I so wish there were someone near me that I could do that with. Have a great day - as I know you will

So sorry to hear about your niece Joy - will keep her in my prayers.

Busy day planned for DH and I today. First off we are on the committee to un-decorate the lobby of our building - doesn't that sound exciting - LOL. Then we will head out for lunch with our dear friends. We're picking up the - are you ready for this - CHEESE STEAK SUBS!!!! I'm sure they are within our WW points - for the month - LOL.

Our friends like us have been being mucho careful about staying safe. No one has been in their home except themselves (and us once before this second covid go round) We will practice safe distancing and keep our masks on when not eating. These are long time dear dear friends and we are so looking forward to seeing them.

And then of course tonight is the last episode of Jeopardy featuring Alex Trebek. I'll probably cry through the whole episode.

Have a lovely day everyone. Stay safe and well!!!!

Comment

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          Carol, I would love to have a sewing day with you.

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          Where are you located? If near Houston TX, I'm happy to meet up for a sew day. I know what you mean about those WW points. Sounds like a day to just log "train wreck" of 30 points for the day and be done with it.

Hello Friday!

Finally a day to do exactly whatever I want. It's rainy here this morning but should clear this afternoon. I may take DH for a drive and walk around the boardwalk to see the boaters and the pelicans. If not, I will play in my sewing room with some projects. My goal for 2021 is to use up fabrics, kits, and supplies that I already have in my stash. Lets see how long I can last. Trying to be a good steward (and sew-er) in my quilting life.

Trying to decide on our next vehicle. I figure there are 2 more purchases in my driving days so make it count. Lots of reading on different forums to check reviews and options. I am a truck girl and trying decide if an SUV would work for me. We will wait 6 months and then decide. Happy to do research for right now and may do a couple of rentals first. DH has always made the decisions for our trucks. Like it on the lot and let's go. LOL.

Have to run so I can make DH his breakfast and start the day. Hope you have a great one!

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm hoping our '95 Crown Victoria & '96 Mercury Grand Marquise will last the remainder of our lives. They don't make these cars anymore. Both are in excellent condition & have low miles.

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good idea to rent for a week or so. I always pondered in the past, but usually didn't have a lot of time. My most recent purchase, I went to the car show (before covid) sat in a few, then purchased a previously owned one the next week. Fastest I have ever purchased a vehicle.

Good morning!

It's another cold, cloudy day here, with temps in the low 30's. I need to call my sister in a bit and see if she wants to do lunch today. The spiritual advisor from Mom's hospice called yesterday. Mom is doing fine. My sisters don't like the spiritual advisor for whatever reason, but I always enjoy talking to her. Probably because it's nice to have someone ask me how I'm doing, instead of calling to ask me for something.

I checked my vacation balance at work this morning. I have just over five weeks saved. I haven't been taking very much time off with the remote work. I'm already at home. I think I will start taking a day here and there. It is nice not to have to worry about checking the work computer all day.

Not much sewing going on here for the last couple of days. I will remedy that this weekend. I want to finish the top I've been working on. Next will be the borders for the log cabin quilt. I thought I knew which fabric I wanted for the border, now I'm not so sure.

Time to check the work computer again and have a cup of tea. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning all,

Not much happening here. Just staying put and doing things around the house although Dave and I made a trip to the pet store for some R/O water and he bought a new coral and some freshwater Congo Tetras. We also got a shipment of snails and crabs that will hopefully take care of all the algae growing in the marine aquarium.

I was able to finish the cutting of the mystery quilt pieces so now I can do some sewing. I should be able to get all of it done before the next clue is given on Monday morning. I have been working on a cross stitch project (another one of those bought years ago) at night. I'm curious to see just how long it takes me to get it done when I'm working consistently on it. I did a tree skirt years ago for my in-laws. It turned out so nice but took forever but there was work and kids so I was never able to work on it consistently. Unfortunately when my sister-in-law moved her mom down with her they didn't go through anything so it was left in the house she had when they sold it. There was a beautiful cross stitch of a leopard (she loved big cats) that I did for her also that was left behind. Her mind was not good (Alzheimer's) when they moved her to their house. They even lost her wedding ring as she was so paranoid that she would hide things.

Today I will probably mix up a batch of cutout cookies that will be baked tomorrow, they have to refrigerate for 8 hours. I really don't have any other plans.

Time for some coffee and breakfast. Wishing all a wonderful day.
          Carlie

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love to see your aquarium sometime.

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            Claire I couldn’t post here so added a new one.

We are in the midst of getting a new roof😮. The poor dog has been quite upset but seems to be settling down a little. We have to make an errand across town and I think we will just take her with us, we have to crate her in the car but being in the crate, with us, is probably better than being alone here with all the noise.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to try the Old English on the cabinet corners I filled, so far they still look a little light. I am done waxing and buffing the rest, ready to put the doors back on. I hope the new casters come soon so we can attach them and put it back upright. It is on its back in the entry hall, in the way.
          I am looking forward to today's video but have to wait until later to watch. DH is pacing, ready to go.

Comment

Good morning! I haven’t been too productive the last few days. But yesterday, my dearest friend and I got together for a porch visit and Christmas gift exchange. She always has a bag full of gorgeous goodies for me. I had a number of things for her but not nearly as many. We were freezing cold but just kept talking! She got the COVID in December and felt pretty bad with it, but is recovering. Today we are watching a virtual funeral service for one of our dear friends who passed from complications of COVID Dec 23. It was a rough Christmas for his family and friends. He was a long time HS music teacher and so many of his students gave testament to how he had changed their lives. So beloved by all who knew him. We will miss him greatly.

I have a big mask order to work on. Hope I can motivate myself to get started on it today. The past two days haven’t been conducive to work in the sewing studio, or any work at all!

Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

I'm off for the annual "Ladies Who Beach" weekend. It's different this year as most of us are not going. With the fewer numbers, those if us that are going will have our own rooms and be able social distance better in the common areas.
              I'm pretty much all packed. Except one of the other ladies wanted help making a t-shirt quilt and now can't find her husband's shirts. So, my idea of dragging all of my sewing stuff to work with her has changed.
              I can bring whatever I want to work on.
              Ack! Do I still drag my sewing, or change course completely and pack my spinning wheel? Decisions, decisions.
              I had hoped it would stay dry through the morning so I could clean/vacuum out the car. Seeing as the latest installment of the pineapple express is dumping its load on my roof, we may just have to live with the coating of fir needles on the floorboards.
              My coffee cup is empty and the dryer is done. Off I go!
              Be the reason someone smiles today!
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                Have a great time!!

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                Have a wonderful time.

• KarenC
                KarenC commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh have fun! It sounds like you will have a great time.

Morning everyone.

I've got what I think is the final design for my great-nephew's wedding quilt. However, I'm not quite ready to share it here. I want to wait until all the fabric comes in so I can do a final audition, but I'm 99.8 percent sure it will stay. I wasn't able to incorporate all the wonderful and helpful suggestions made here, and I'm sure my choices won't please everyone, but the design and colors I've selected are the ones that speak to me. Again, I want to thank everyone for their candid assessments. Everything was appreciated.

Decided to brew me a cup of coffee this morning. I hardly drink coffee, and when I do it's decaf because of my heart issues, but sometimes I just want a cup. The only time I ever drink more than a cup is when we go out to eat breakfast. There's just something about a restaurant cup of coffee that I can't get from a home brewer. Mom always said her favorite meal to eat out was breakfast, and I agree .When we go to Paducah for the quilt show we always stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast in one of the towns I used to work in. Given that I pretty much blow my diet on that whole day given that we eat lunch at one of the greasy vendors in front of the civic center, I figure I might as well go all the way and have a huge breakfast.

Got in an order of Hobbs batting from Connecting Threads yesterday. The next quilts I want to have longarmed are my Regiments on Parade quilt and the Civil War Comfort quilt along with my Blue and Gray, so we needed to get some more batting. After the question here on using M* to do quilting, I'm thinking about sending one in just to see what it's like. Cheryl got my Puzzle Me This quilt bound, so it's ready to be put out in the living room. Right now she's FMQ my In One Direction (Flying Geese) quilt. Here is the Puzzle Me This finally finished.

Puzzle Bound.jpg
              Cheryl gets her second shot this weekend, and we have a grocery order to pick up. I want to sit down and decide what seeds we are going to order as well as what roses to pre-order since I've decided to put in a new rose bed this spring. I figure since we won't be going to Paducah other than maybe to go to the quilt museum, we might as well.

Have a great day all

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

• cjsews
                cjsews commented
                Editing a comment
                I am waiting to see your final decisions on your next quilt. What I love about quilting is that you can choose fabrics that suit your taste. And choices can change the look of the same design depending on colors. That was the first thing that struck me at my first guild meeting

• Cathy F
                Cathy F commented
                Editing a comment
                Your puzzle me quilt looks great!

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                Rob, as long as you are satisfied with what you have come up with for that quilt, that is all that matters.
            Working...
            X