It's Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday

Good morning friends. It was an extremely quiet weekend to say the least. We did venture out yesterday to give my two sister-in-laws some lobster bisque that we made Saturday. In exchange, I got some turkey soup. Can't go wrong with that.

I am starting the year working. Yup I have been asked to work the next few days. Unfortunately one of the girl's father passed away early yesterday morning. It was expected at some point, he had cancer. I am thankful that he didn't pass at Christmas, as it makes the holidays even harder to bear.

And so my sew day on Wednesday has been moved to the weekend. Lots more time to sew and have fun.

Well off to shower and get ready. I start at 8. Have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning Monique and all who’ll join in!

Are weekend was low key too. But turkey soup! Yummy.....great exchange! Hope your week of work goes well; so sorry to hear of your co-worker.

We did visit the little guy yesterday... a moment to melt a grandma’s heart. My DIL had finished changing him.....he was crying his lungs out! I was handed this screaming bundle......and instant he was quiet.....just beautiful! I held him down to have a good look.....thinking, he’s a gonna start up again....nope, he just started at me....I think he was wondering who that lady was with 4 eyes! That lasted a while and then I had to snuggle some more....I love the smell of a new wee one! We visited a long time and it was time to go. I passed the wee one to mom.....he instantly started to wail.....mmmm. Then we was good...he had mamma and food! Still no name. The little guys 8 year old sister is concerned and thinks we should all call him Benjamin.....because “every baby needs a name and she liked Benjamin.” I think she’s trying to influence her parents, not sure what the vote will be. But today’s their deadline, unless they want to do all the leg work themselves....when covid has everything shut down here..

Hope everyone has a most glorious and blessed day! Prayers to many....love to all ❣️
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy that you got your snuggles, Anita! Nothing smells better than fresh babies. I have always liked the name Benjamin. It gets my vote too, lol.

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Benjamin should at least be his middle name then!

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I vote Benjamin too.

Good Morning Monique and Anita and all that follow.

Up a little earlier than normal. Today is grocery day and we are supposed to be getting a mix of snow and rain early today so I want to get out and back before it starts.

Nothing much happening around here today. I didn't check my turkey yesterday until too late to use it. It is still has not completely thawed. When I get home from the store this morning it will go in a cold bath until it is completely thawed. Used our smokeless grill yesterday again for some pork chops. Turned out great.
    I worked on doing the cutting for my mystery quilt. I think I am about half done and I worked for about 3 hours. I was confused on some instructions so had to think them through. There was a caution on the instructions to be careful with this fabric as there was not a lot to spare so I need to make sure I'm interpreting it correctly. I will probably work on the rest of the cutting this afternoon. The next clue (#3) will be available online after 8 a.m. today.

Off to the grocery store, have a great day everyone.
    Carlie

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      What is a smokeless grill? Is it a thing for outside like a BBQ grill or do you use it in the kitchen?

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Jocelyn, it’s for use in the kitchen from what I gather.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      It is an indoor grill that my daughter and son-in-law gave to us for Christmas. It has grill and a griddle. I haven’t used the griddle yet. So far it works well.

Good morning everyone. It is back to work today. Payroll deadline is tomorrow so this should be a busy day. I finished quilting the baby quilt yesterday and sewed on the binding. Will hand stitch the binding to the back in the evenings this week. Not much else going on.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Yesterday, it started dreary and rainy ended up sunny and warm. Nice day all in all since we had no heat/ or more importantly air. Last night it got down to the upper 40s but the house is still sitting around 69. I won't complain. I was snug as a bug in my bed with Gabby snuggled up next to me. Early this morning I pulled her fleece on top of her. Normally she shoves it off. She stayed underneath it, until she heard Mike up. She wasn't happy when I decided not to go outside with her. lol, too cold for light weight pajamas!

I didn't work in the sewing room yesterday. I guess I wore myself out Saturday. May not get too much done in there today with the heat/ac getting replaced. lol, Then again... who knows! I did have Mike take the lock off the lower gate. That way the Snyder guys won't have to walk all the way around the house. Here's hoping what they put in is quieter than the unit I have, I'm sure they'll have to put it back where this one is... right beside my bedroom window.

Coffee's ready to pour. Have a wonderful day!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's a mild morning at 40 deg. We had 56 deg. yest. It was a quiet day. I wrote out a few bills, did more catch-up Bible reading to finish out last year's reading the Bible through in a year. I called 3 nieces -- got only VM at all three. I'm concerned about my one niece in OR who has been dealing with cancer. We did not get a card & letter from them this year.

Yest. I watched a couple quilting videos. Karen Brown's latest is a re-cap of last year's highlights & things on the agenda for the new year. I also have been watching some of Lori Holt's scrap buster videos. It looks like the place I need to start is to organize my scraps. That could take a while!

Time to fix DH's breakfast & get the laundry started.

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
          Good morning friends. It was an extremely quiet weekend to say the least. We did venture out yesterday to give my two sister-in-laws some lobster bisque that we made Saturday. In exchange, I got some turkey soup. Can't go wrong with that.

I am starting the year working. Yup I have been asked to work the next few days. Unfortunately one of the girl's father passed away early yesterday morning. It was expected at some point, he had cancer. I am thankful that he didn't pass at Christmas, as it makes the holidays even harder to bear.

And so my sew day on Wednesday has been moved to the weekend. Lots more time to sew and have fun.

Well off to shower and get ready. I start at 8. Have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe and stay healthy.
          Would you be willing to share your lobster bisque recipe, Monique. I have a couple rather large lobster tails in my freezer and would love to try a bisque.

Comment

Grey day on tap, but no snow called for! Need to do a quick vacuum this morning. Saw some bunnies floating yesterday. Depending on what DH feels we need to do today, I hope to finish on LA quilting today. DH is struggling with lock down & winter weather so I try to humour him if he feels need for a drive. A change of scenery helps.

Comment

• geegeequilts
            geegeequilts commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I do as well. Getting out for a bit is the best medicine. Gina

Good morning!

Cold and cloudy are the weather words today, with a high in the mid-30's. My work computer is charging, it will be time to log in shortly. We are all remote until Jan. 14, then back to skeleton crews on site two days a week. That was plan before break, anyway. Covid cases are still high, although our county and most of the state are still entrenched at level red (three of four). At least the surrounding counties that went purple (highest level) are back down to red.

The quilt block I thought was upside down actually isn't. I checked its placement against a picture I took of the layout. No ripping for me. Yay! I did not do any sewing yesterday. I found a spot with some good light and tried to figure out what colors would work best for the backing and binding of the quilt(s). I was thinking of going with a grunge or two.

My work email just dinged...time to grab a second cup of tea and get the new work year started. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning everyone,

According to Alexa, we should be in the mid-thirties today which is considered our annual "January thaw". It's a bit early I think. I hope the rest of Jan. isn't a deep freeze.

Hubby got me a new "smart" TV for Christmas, so I've been watching some Netflix shows while working on the Feels Like Home cross stitch. That was pretty much my weekend. The remotes for those televisions are sure confusing! Just when I think I've got it figured out, I can't find what I'm looking for. I need to get into the sewing room today since I have several projects in the works. Besides, the TV in there is simpler to use 😁

Blessings on your day.
            Jeanne

Comment

• Teen
              Teen commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree! The remotes are confusing on Smart TV’s.. I don’t watch a lot of TV but when I do, I need a refresher course.

Good morning Monday!

It's half past nine and I'm still drinking coffee. So happy that I don't punch a time clock. My office time is on my schedule these days. One more year to work or about that depending on my boss. That will fit right in with life's plan. Is there ever really a plan? Perhaps a hope is better.

I'll make a curb side order this week for groceries. No need to be in the stores with rising numbers.

Monique, Lobster bisque is a favorite here. I still remember the first bowl at the local seafood restaurant. I'm sure yours is even better!

I have decided to leave our tree up for now and turn it into a Valentines tree. It's an easy switch between the holidays. Leave the red and white ornaments, add some pretty ribbon, and some heart valentines. The lights can be turned to all white ones. Change out the tree skirt and there you go! It will be a fun surprise for DGS when he visits!

May your day be special!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea! That will look pretty!

Morning all!

Another week, and not really much happening. I have to get my eye shot on Wednesday. Still haven't decided whether to have laser surgery on the eye or keep with the shots. Will talk to the doctor Wednesday.

I'm noticing my lips are starting to chap and throat is somewhat dry. Last year (actually 2019) we had to replace the blower motor in our furnace. The tech put one in that was more powerful than what we had. While it made the AC work better in the farther rooms, I'm beginning to see that it's also blowing more heated air into the room, and I think it's drying things out. I'm the type of person who prefers a bit of a chill in the room because I can always warm up. When it gets too warm, there's not much I can do to get cooler.

Will spend some of today working on the design for my great-nephew's quilt. As I said in an the other thread I'm going to make a sample block just to get an idea if it should be bigger or not. Will continue to share the progress and gladly receive any and all feedback.

Have a great day!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Rob, Drink more water. It helps with dry lips and throat. I have the same issue and it’s my signal to drink extra water.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know what part of the country you live in, but Colorado is dry! We've had a humidifier on our furnace for 40 yrs. Makes all the difference! I use Aquaphor on my lips. It's a great product for skin problems. Good for chapped hands, too. Very healing. The dr. ordered it for use on my healing incision.

• Cokie
              Cokie commented
              Editing a comment
              Rob, your comment about being on the cool side of the temp made me smile. My dad used to say that he could put on enough clothes to stay warm when it was cold, but if it was too hot he couldn't take off enough clothes to be cool and decent at the same time!

Good Morning Everyone. I wish you could smell our house with a loaf of bread almost ready to come out of the bread maker. We’re very pleased that we bake our own bread now. There are a few recipes I would like to try, such as oatmeal bread. I think this is loaf #5 we’ve made.

We will be making our once a month trip to our bank, which is out of town. This is the closest branch to us since they shut down and moved out of our town a year ago. We can manage once a month with no problem if the weather cooperates. I miss the people who worked at our bank before they left, many have been friends for 25+ years. Most of them have found careers in other sectors, mostly working for State agencies.

I’m interested in trying something by Lorie Holt. I have one of her table runner kits to make for my grandson and his wife. It’s the cutest canning jar pattern...perfect for Kaytie who loves all things vintage. Lorie’s designs and fabrics are very colorful and happy.

I hope taking a ride will perk me up. I’m not sure how long it’s been since I’ve gone anywhere other than to the mailbox up the road.

Have a wonderful day Everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              She has a tutorial for design boards to help keep your pieces in order. I want to make a couple of them, but I’ve said that for a long time! It’s a good way to use up leftover binding strips and batting. All you need is foam core board, batting, binding and a glue gun.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I have recently discovered her. Love her stuff! I want to make one of her patterns some time. Must get these darn bed quilts done first. I'm still procrastinating, lol.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              I've watched that foam board video of Lori's. I have some of my own that aren't as fancy, but they work for me. I have several sizes, ranging from 9-1/2 to 16-1/2 squares. Just 2 layers of cardboard taped together & covered with enveloped flannel. I tuck in the ends of the flannel & fasten it with straight pins so the flannel can be removed for washing. I use the individual block boards to carry the pieces from a work area to my sewing mach. I have no space for a design wall.
              Last edited by JCY; January 4, 2021, 04:45 PM.

Good Morning!

Woke to rain....or I should say rain woke me up. I have a metal roof. Enough said.

I was planning to go to Costco today but decided to just hang at home since I don’t want to be on road in this weather. May find a bowl and cut hubbie’s hair since it’s bugging him. Going to clean the sewing room from the mess of the last project and organize for my next quilt. Need to do this week’s clue on my BH mystery, as well. I plan on turning on some gospel with a bit of rock and roll thrown in and see what happens.

Be safe..keep warm....pray for our country!
            Tina
            "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              With the pending transition in Wash. D.C., we definitely need to pray for our Country & the leadership. I know we're not supposed to talk politics here, but I'm genuinely concerned about the turn to the left I foresee coming under Biden & the Dems.

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy, my entire family is right there with you.

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Tina, Political or not we do need to pray for our country. We all need it. Gina

We are praying, Joy.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
            X