Christmas Star ⭐️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Star ⭐️

Just a reminder.....from a previous post....it’s tonight!

Jupiter & Saturn will align to create “Christmas Star” for the first time in 800 years!

The planets Jupiter and Saturn will be closely aligned to each other to almost appear as one mega celestial body or a ‘Christmas star’ in the night sky from our vantage point on earth.

It’s a cosmic event stargazers dream of. And it is happening right before Christmas.

TONIGHT, people around the world will witness something in the night sky that has not been seen for the past 800 years. You would have to go back to March 4, 1226; That’s since the Middle Ages!

On December 21, (the winter solstice) the solar system will grace the people of Earth with a super-rare cosmic phenomenon that can be dubbed as a 'Christmas miracle'.

So what will happen on December 21?
    The planets Jupiter and Saturn will be closely aligned to each other to almost appear as one mega celestial body or a ‘Christmas star’ in the night sky from our vantage point on earth.

According to experts, the celestial synchronization has been imminent since summer as the two planets have been moving closer in the night sky. Between December 16-25, they will be separated by only 1/5th the diameter of a full moon.

The super-rare phenomenon, which will create a radiant point of light, is referred to as the 'Star of Bethlehem' or the 'Christmas Star'.
    However, the two planets won't be physically close to each other but only look like a single point of bright light to anyone on Earth.

For how long will they appear?
    The two planets will appear close to each other for just about an hour after sunset on December 21. According to experts, the next conjunction of this level won't be witnessed till 15 March 2080.

The good news is, you could potentially see it from anywhere on earth. The bad news is, the skies need to be clear. But if they are clear, the planets will appear low in the western sky for about an hour after sunset. They’ll be closest on December 21, 2020, but you can see them each evening that week, and it will be bright enough to be seen, even during twilight.

I’m sure hoping to see this extra special grand sight.....if there aren’t any clouds......may all you days be blessed! ⭐️
    Last edited by Star lover; January 9, 2021, 06:29 AM.
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

I'm hoping to see it this evening.

Comment

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too....it’s been real cloudy...so we’ll see ⭐️

• srgreene
      srgreene commented
      Editing a comment
      Had to drive a bit to get a look. The star is fairly low in the southwestern horizon here. Definitely looked like two bodies together.

It should be over the trees out the sliding glass door... which means.................... which will be brighter- the Christmas star or the street lights? I'm hoping for a glimpse. I haven't been able to see 'stars' for a long time. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be clear tonight. The clouds rolled in last night just as the sun was going down.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Unfortunately we will have rain tonight. I would have loved to have seen it. Thanks for the reminder Anita!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

We had clouds tonight. 🙁 Did anyone get to see it?

Comment

Mike and I went out, didn't see it... saw the moon, and a plane. I guess the exit ramp lights won tonight.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Never saw it... 😭...it’s been pouring since late afternoon.....sigh.....

Comment

Way too cloudy around here, could not see it or even a moon.
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

We did get to view here in Lincoln, NE on our way home from work. The sky was clear and was pretty neat to see...although it probably would have been better through a telescope.

Comment

I didn't see it either. Street lights & the neighbors' Christmas lights interfered, even though we had clear skies. Supposedly it still will be visible for a few days.

Comment

Saw it in Kansas! I probably won't be abound to see it again, HA But then I will need more that time to use all of my fabric, so who knows.

Comment

We are in Hawaii right now, and saw it both last night and again tonight!! No clouds in the sky to block it.
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

No luck here either, cloudy.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm in Michigan with heavy cloud cover.
                          🌧🌧🌧

Comment

So happy for those who got to see it! I’ll try again tonight......it’ll be the last chance, as it’s suppose to be partly cloudy. The rest of the week....rain and....gasp! The dreaded white stuff! I’d rather see the star ⭐️

Comment

Working...
                            X