Good Saturday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Saturday Morning

I didn't see a new post for this morning, so Good Morning All!

It's another dreary start to the day here in NE Florida. Hopefully the sun will come out for a bit today. We had sun for a while yesterday. It always makes me feel better. Yesterday morning, I cleaned up the kid's room. Unmade the futon, I guess I took the lazy way out. I just unhooked the fitted sheet, flipped the top sheet inside and folded the top and bottom together, then stuffed it in the pillow case. They hadn't been slept on, and put on clean. No need to wash them again since they'd been under a quilt the whole time. I took the mattress cover and foam off the same way. It's rolled in my closet, sitting beside the chest of drawers. Mike folded the futon up and I finished getting the lamp and side table back into the living room where they belong. Honestly, I'd rather have my MIL visiting than putting that room back into school mode.

The kids came over and spent part of the afternoon. Who knew they were coming over for dinner? NOT ME. Jim ordered pizza because the rains had started. They were in true form, their room had to be cleaned up again after they left. I'll have to get a couple of Christmas things out when they come back to decorate. I'm not sure if they'll be here to visit again or not, it feels like I'm on the last of the need to know list. The plan is for them to be here Friday morning to decorate the house for Christmas. Mike doesn't go in until late next Friday. Friday afternoon, they'll help Tammy get her house decorated. I guess they're doing everyone's decorating since they'll be in TN in the camper, not a lot of decorating there!

Time for some more coffee. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Thanks for getting us started, Katrina. I didn't do a whole lot yest. I worked quite a while on snail mail -- BD cards, etc. I did not make it to the sewing room. It was a sort of take it easy kind of day. I watched the M* Triple Play video.

Our Level Red restrictions started yest. They're saying 1 in 49 people in our state is (+) for C-19. Our pastor posted a video stating church once again is closed down during this level. I think it will be in effect until at least Dec. 18. Our neighboring county has stated it will not follow the governor's guidelines.

Well, DH is ready for breakfast, so more time now.

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Katrina...I like your trick for unmaking the futon. I would have done the same. Too bad your guests aren't coming. To go at a time like this but I

Yesterday I didn't get a lot done again. Hubby slept during the day. He does seem to be feeling better, but he is still very tired. Dad's home has no new cases so far. So...good news yesterday!

Today I go to the apartment. It will be a long day. The auction guy is coming to clear everything out. It will take him 3 or 4 hours. I hate to go at a time like this but I would hate for him to change his mind too, since he's not keen on it and we are getting a good deal. Each month the apartment is not sold costs my parents money as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck with the auction man. It sounds like a long day for you.

Good morning,

Happy that it is Saturday and a free day. Well more laundry still but it will be done on my schedule.Shelves and supplies were empty at two stores yesterday.

The ruffle for the pillow is ready to be ruffled. I like to zig zag over a heavy thread and then gather according to the marked sections. This allows more control over the distribution of the ruffle. There's always some math involved somewhere along the way making ruffles.

Grandson will get his dino quilt to take home today. They are coming for a visit to make some cookies. I will try to have the dough ready to save time. He can help decorate or eat the broken ones. Lots of decisions for a four-year old!

I fell into a rabbit hole of embroidery designs yesterday. Looking for one and found twenty-eleven. Plus they were on sale. Holiday treat bags and cute little notebook holders. Where are the little elves when I add to the list? I love quick and easy projects on the embroidery machine. Lots of fun stuff to use up some scrap fabrics too!

Hope your day is great. Be safe!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your ruffle trick with the heavy thread. I will try thst next time.

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        You can mark the fabric and the string at the quarter, half and 3/4 then pull up and zig zag into the string to help distribute the gathers more easily.

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        For gathering, you can also zig-zag over dental floss.

Your energy amazes me, Rhonda! I hear we have empty shelves here, too. In our little town we don’t have much to begin with! I hope you were able to get what you went for.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, it’s a drizzly start to the weekend. They said we could get three inches of rain over the weekend. The Girls are quiet today.

Jeff decided he is done hunting for this deer season. He went to the farm yesterday and packed up his things and brought them home.

I have no plans for the day except to rest and watch some cooking shows.

Have a great day everyone. Hugs....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

We have a college ballgame to watch today but first I would like a trip to Lowe's for some shelving. I don't know why they used such narrow shelving in our pantry when this house was built. I am going to lash some wider ones to the existing wire shelves with cable ties. That makes for a very easy install and worked very well on one I did in the linen closet.😊
          I have picked up some more pine cones to try to paint. My last effort was not successful, dipping them in paint only made them close up and as the paint dried they are stuck closed forever. 🤨 I will try the spray paint route with the new ones I picked up at my sister's. On our way there yesterday I pointed out several places with lots of cones on the ground but DH was not interested in stopping to gather, lucky me, my sister had a very productive tree near her driveway.😁

One day maybe I will get back into sewing mode but not likely this week. DH has an arteriogram scheduled for Tuesday, the housekeeper will be here, cooking wildly Wednesday, family here, I hope, on Thursday then the cat goes to the vet on Friday. He has been pulling his hair out and looks to have lost weight, hope it is nothing since he is eating fine but at 15 ish you just don't know.

Comment

Good Morning all,

Very crisp out this morning, the car has frost all over it. We are supposed to get into the 40's for the next week or so although they are forecasting some rain maybe on Tuesday.

Trekked over to Jim's yesterday and got the paperwork turned in for him. Dave is not happy with us getting his mail and me doing all the stuff for him. He thinks Jim should be doing it himself while he is still able. I do agree but there are times that Jim has difficulties. However, I talked with him and he did agree that he should get his mail sent to him now that he has an actual address. His only concern is the paperwork that comes from the county regarding his assistance. I told him that all he needs to do is call me when he has questions on something they send him. He was good with that. So that takes that off my plate, too.

I picked up the order from Menards on my way home from Jim's yesterday. Dave and I were talking about putting the lights that he bought on the tree outside (we were short by a bit) and when I showed him the lights we found out they were not the ones he wanted. He got LED lights instead of the C9 ceramic lights he meant to get. By far more energy efficient but they would not look right and the string was far too long. So, back to Menards I went to return that string of lights and bought two more and some bulb replacements for the ones we already have on the house and tree. After I got home Dave put them on the tree so they are done.

I did watch the triple play yesterday. I really like the placements and have some fabric to make some that will work well for my daughter. Seems like I'm always adding more projects. Oh well, I'd rather keep busy.

I found myself in a funk yesterday with new restrictions that went into place. No Thanksgiving this year is planned as the governor is asking no family get togethers outside of the household. Jennifer already asked for my grandma's pumpkin pie recipe. The recipe makes two so I made sure I told her that before she tries to make it. She told me she will cut the recipe in half. She is also going to make my grandma's doughnuts. She loves to bake for the holidays and she has already made a number of different cookies. I remember one year when we met every weekend from about the beginning of November to just before Christmas. We made gift baskets of cookies and goodies that we gave out. I think that was the year we made about 144 dozen cookies. I think we made about 15 different kinds.

Not much planned today. I think I will just be working on the hand quilting off and on. I may mix up a batch of Christmas cutout cookies. They need to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Maybe tomorrow Dave and I can make them.

Off now for some breakfast and coffee. Have a great day everyone.
            Carlie

Comment

Good morning!

What a difference a day makes -- today will be in the mid-40's. We had temps in the 60's yesterday.

I spent some time on the phone with UPS this morning. They are claiming there is a problem with the address on my package and it can't be delivered. Keeping in mind, of course, that the carrier tried to deliver it Wednesday and left a sticky note on my door to pick it up at the local UPS store. That location never got the package. Now UPS wants me to pick it up at their main hub a couple of towns over, but it won't be available until Tuesday of next week. Forget that. They can send the package back and I will order something else. I don't know why Amazon thought it was good idea to ship UPS.

On a happier note, I am still making good progress on the baby quilt. I should have the top finished this weekend. The batting I ordered arrived yesterday. They sent a package of natural even though I ordered white. At least it is 80/20 and the same loft, so I will go with it. The only reason I ordered white is because I have scraps of that, and with the leftovers I could have Frankenstein'd enough for another quilt. Has anyone used two different colors of batting in a quilt? I wonder if it would be noticeable. I guess it would depend on the color of the quilt top.

Now that my package mystery is solved, I think I will enjoy another cup of tea and maybe some toast before I hit the sewing room. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• K. McEuen
                K. McEuen commented
                Editing a comment
                It you don't have an abundance of white in your quilt top using white and natural together shouldn't be an issue

• toggpine
                toggpine commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it depends on where you live. UPS and USPS are our best best out here right now. FedEx used to be reliable, but not anymore.
                As long as you use your Frankenstein batting piece in a quilt with out a lot of white space, you should be fine.

• KarenC
                KarenC commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with Karen's comment

animated-winter-image-0032.gif Good morning...
              It's not snowing here but I am in the mood for snow. 2 nasty ticks later, I am tired of worrying about what is in the grass or the blowing dead leaves from other's yards. Snow doesn't kill ticks but makes it harder for them to find good dogs or people to latch on to. Snow is welcome here, I just have to wait for it. Only I might get caught in a giant butterfly net , and wrapped in a hug me jacket, I would like to just grab a sleeping bag , lay out out in the yard and just have my face showing so I can watch the pretty snowflakes fall when they come. It's one of those days heh?
              I spent yesterday dusting books, moving the quilting magazines out of the sewing room to another room. Gods I move so slow now...sighs ...at times I feel like my inner self is running circles around the present me. It explains the vertigo, lol. Still need to unpack the new Christmas tree. I need to clear my sewing spot of the left over stuff from the last 2 quilts. I have some runners I need to finish and a turtle quilt. Right now my game world is offering double everything for the weekend so it sounds like a good place to be, I can go as fast as I want in that world. There are places there where it is snowing and winter, I may go there.
              Yesterday in looking thru a box of cards to mail soon, I saw I had left some letters from Mom before she passed away in the bottom. I sat read those. She loved cards and letters. Strange world we live in now where a gadget in a hand and electronic words are the center of the universe. My whole family has the cell phone mania. Soon to be a senior legally, maybe I will be like my Dad and get one I never use except for emergencies only. Stupid Canadian govt sent me mail saying now that you will soon be ancient, here's some reminders for life, don't shop for meds in more than one place, don't share meds, don't forget to exercise etc. While they didn't say ancient, they did say the rest. Imagine at 65 we are hustled in a herd and branded as stupid. I was quite insulted with that mail. If only they could see my middle finger being active , and now it is tired, I never raise that one finger by itself LOL.
              Going to go make a tea, and wish for snow. I need to see peaceful white flakes falling. Feel free to wish any coming your way to detour my way. aovGkmq.jpeg

Comment

• KarenC
                KarenC commented
                Editing a comment
                Your post gave me a chuckle today. I am not far behind you. Just know, don't take it personally. I remember the first time I heard all the "Karen" stories on the radio talk show, I was offended at first, then had to tell myself, it's just a name they picked, so let it go!

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                I love that polar bear. I've printed it out, now to see if I can do it justice. lol

• SuzyQue
                SuzyQue commented
                Editing a comment
                This made me chuckle more than once. So needed on a dreary day! Thanks!

Good morning!

Rain this morning. Good day to stay inside.

I'm listening to an oldies show from central Pennsylvania (WPPA). Ain't technology wonderful?!

Regular stuff this weekend. Groceries and Cheryl doing the laundry. Evidently, even though I did my own laundry for about 15 years, only turning my underwear pink once, I'm not qualified to do laundry. Fine with me.

Broke my reading glasses this morning. Not really sure how that happened, but I've added reading glasses to our Walmart order. I buy the cheaters because I seem to break glasses about every three months.

Have a great weekend all!

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                Rob, I go through so many cheaters it’s not funny. From time to time the Girls get ahold of a pair never to be seen again.

Don’t feel bad.....Jeff was a batchelor until age 48 and he’s not qualified to do laundry, load a dishwasher or cook....I wonder how he survived all those years ...lol!

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a few cheater readers as well. I can never find them or break them. I have learned to first feel the top of my head when looking for them, lol. The arm on my favourite pair recently broke so I asked hubby to crazy glue them back together. So far so good! I have a feeling I may find some new ones along with cozy socks in my stocking this year. Yay!

• MSN
                MSN commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I have several pair of cheaters, too. I need to keep several different strengths on hand. One for general and computer use, one for reading, and the high-powered ones for threading a needle. Ah, the joys of "mature eyesight."

Good morning everyone, although it's almost noon. Yesterday I managed to get laundry done and started on DGD's paper doll quilt. I hope to work on it some more today. This morning I met a friend for our walking since the group changed to virtual walks for the next 2 weeks because of the rise in covid cases. After breakfast, we decided to go load up both of our vehicles with all of her holiday decorations from her storage unit. She now ahs her work cut out for her to go through all the bins. I picked up the gingerbread house kits from Target for activities with DGD on Friday when I have babysitting duty. I will assemble the houses ahead of time, so she only needs to be involved in decorating. Not much else going on here. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

• SuzyQue
                SuzyQue commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you do a virtual walk? Does it involve any actual exercise?

Good morning all,

i think I'm in a slump. Everything seems like too much effort. I usually feel overwhelmed with the holidays. DH doesn't care to do much cc Christmas decorating or shopping, so it falls on me. I'm so thankful our DD is coming home for Thanksgiving, and she'll help me put up the tree. Last year I put it up by myself, and I felt so sad while doing it.

The last couple of days I've been deep cleaning in our bedroom: moved some furniture around, washed the floor, and am thinking about new new window treatments. Also thinking about paint??? Anyway, it looks and feels better already....the other things might have to wait until after Christmas.

I heard from the long armer yesterday that the king sized quilt is done. She finished it in 4 days! I paid an extra $25 to get it moved up near the top of the list. It was worth it to have it done early enough to get the binding and label done for DS and DIL's Christmas gift.

I feel like doing Pat Sloan's quick zigzag table runner for Thanksgiving. I have a good set of charm squares that will look nice.

We have hazy sun today and wind. A high of about 34 is expected. Not much snow in the forecast....we have just a tiny bit on the ground. Well, enough for me. I'm headed for the sewing room. Enjoy the day everyone.
              Jeanne

Comment

• toggpine
                toggpine commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeanne,
                A lot of us have that feeling. Mine comes in patches. Its usually something simple that gets me.

• MSN
                MSN commented
                Editing a comment
                I sent a king size quilt to the long armer for custom quilting. It took 18 months before I got it back. I'm really jealous of the four-day turnaround. That was $25 well spent.

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                Hang in there Jeanne! Some days, weeks, months and Christmases are just like that. Some years I'm in the spirit early and go all out...some years..Little Fakey goes up with not much else. Last year was one of those years. This year...too early to tell, lol. Hope you find your spirit. If not...a year off is ok too! Makes those that think Christmas is actually brought by elves appreciate us a little more. I too am the only one that makes Christmas happen and trims the tree. For the most part I don't mind. I do love Christmas and the effort is for my happiness. Hubby could care less...so he says, lol. I wonder what would happen if one year the elves went on strike and there was no Christmas! 🤣

We seem to have a reprieve from the rain today. Therefore I shall go clean the barn. Not my favorite activity, but it needs doing. The buckling pen also ends attention with a pitchfork. Ugh.
              Eric is picking up some extra hours at work this morning. He wants to take Wednesday off, so this will help with the budget. Things are a lot tighter since he was off for almost a month with the iron poisoning. I don't know when he'll be home today.
              Hopefully after barn cleaning I can get some baking done. In have some bananas that are about to go over, so banana bread is on the list. I also have a request for eggnog bread. I have a recipe for both a quick bread and a yeast bread. I'll let the bread machine help me out on that one!
              I had my M* box show up yesterday. So now I have the quilt as you go casserole caddy to work on to use up my selvedge scraps!
              Well, my coffee cup is empty, so I should get to it.
              You all have a great day! Cathy
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello -------- I posted this in Wednesday's greetings ------------ am I stupid or just too Happy? has anyone else done such a thing? ---- anyways here it is on the proper day....

Hello and good evening! Have to tell you something---DH fixed my sewing machine!!! Nov 2, I wrote saying he wants to do it and I was kind of worried. He is mechanically inclined and has fixed at his work machines. He took it apart and put it back together sometimes I helped and sometimes I just knitted, (its amazing how calm I got). After some tries and 9 days later, he got it to work! and it is fantastic! One happy dance, the second happy dance and a scream later-my project that was waiting in the wings to be finished-is finished, as of 7pm tonight! I want to put it on this board but I am hopeless in getting the picture here. It is a small 14x14.5inch wall hanging of a folk art rooster. We just have to find a place where he can call home. its my practice piece for free motion quilting, some good and some okay. but I am learning and that is important. Before, I have compared myself to others, but I have slowed down some on that regard. It's done and we are both happy! Happy as well, that DH has fixed it and enjoyed the process! ( he has also fixed my Mom's old machine and two friends need their machines fixed.) I just had to tell all of you, (kind of walking on air right now.) thanks for listening and have a wonderful evening!

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're not too happy! Congrats to your DH for perserverance! I'm glad you have your baby back and ready to go!

• KarenC
                  KarenC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats on all fronts! A machine that is now working, a finished piece, and a DH that can fix things. Whoo hoo!

• Hillbillyhike
                  Hillbillyhike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations! I'll happy dance with you!! 💃
              Working...
              X