Anyone need some toilet paper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone need some toilet paper?

I just talked with my sister, and we got to talking about what winter would be like with another wave of COVID. I mentioned that I had bought a couple of packages of toilet paper this morning because I had read that some stores had gone back to limiting purchases, although websites are reporting that there should be enough TP for people. Paper towels, on the other hand, could be affected.

Any way, my sister told me that they weren't worried about running out of toilet paper. They have to come over here where I live because my sister has to have eye shots for macular degeneration. Every time they come over, they stop at Sam's Club. If they see that Sam's has it in stock, they pick up a package, usually without really thinking about it. She said that one day she decided to go into their basement to see how much they had actually had.

She was embarrassed to admit that after counting she realized she had 275 rolls. I told her she could open an Amazon store.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Mercy, I don't have room enough to keep that much toilet paper!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Evidently, my brother-in-law just kept stacking it in the basement and never said anything to my sister about their growing collection.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

That's a hoot!!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Rob, with your sense of humor I was expecting you to tell us to recycle all the election posters, lol. Gina

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
            Rob the HOAQ commented
            Editing a comment
            So many jokes I could make....so little time.

Rob

I thought I had a lot with my stock pile of 4 x 12 packs lol.
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I have a nice stock pile myself in the storage room and each of three baths have all they can hold under the sink. Think of it this way, its not going to go bad and you can use it for years. I have all I need. I also pick up a package when I shop and give it to my daughter's family. My thing now is Clorox wipes. Pregnant daughter in law needs them, She gets sick smelling the other brands. I found those at Sams.

Comment

Very funny story. Hit a bit close to home, funny nonetheless.
              Sandy

Comment

That must be one big basement to hold all those! I thought I had a supply, 2 each 24 packs, and its just me here in the house.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                  Rob the HOAQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They actually buy the Member's Mark 45 pack, which would only be just a hair over six packages. Still, I assume the basement can hold it all (I've not been to their house since they moved there due to the pandemic, but I've seen pictures, and it looks good sized.

Rob

We have a huge supply too. I buy one everytime we go to the store. We have a large storage building. We also bought rice and some other unparishables. Funny

Comment

I think we have less than 100. I told MM this morning we need to take four rolls with us on vacation. That should be good for two months, right?
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Lol....we’ve been stockpiling TP, too. Hubbie did a count of them the other day (they are scattered between house, garage, and workshop)...we had 57 rolls for the two of us. Better safe than messy...
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Stores here aren't out, but still limiting disinfectant wipes to one per customer. That's funny about your sister. So, does she plan on continuing to buy it every day? I have a backup of about 8 rolls, yes---not 8 pkgs. Guess I better start stocking up!
                      Last edited by jjkaiser; November 8, 2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                        Rob the HOAQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, she said that the buying will stop...for now.

Rob

I haven't counted rolls, but we have a good supply. However, I probably should get more paper towels. I have a difficult time finding the size I like -- the 10x11" sheets, double ply.

Comment

• bubba
                        bubba commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those are the ones I like too, but Costco quit making them and that is the brand we like.

I have a small clothes hamper filled with toilet paper. I keep it well stocked at all times but with just the two of here, it lasts quite a long time.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                      X