Alex Trebek has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Trebek has died

I just saw a breaking news item that Alex has died. He was 80 y.o. He was diagnosed last year with pancreatic cancer & underwent treatment. He was the host for many years of the TV program Jeopardy. He will be greatly missed.

That's so sad. Jeopardy is one of the few game shows I watch, because it doesn't talk down to its audience. I wonder how many shows they have in the can, since they've been showing new, socially-distanced games lately.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard that the show will be televised through Christmas Day 2020. They haven’t announced what the future of the show holds. He last filmed October 29! I’m sure going to miss him!

Sad, sad news, may he RIP.

Comment

I just heard...so sad. He was such a nice man. RIP Alex
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Makes me sad too.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I didn't realize it until after I got home from church. May he rest in peace.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I just saw this. The world is a lot sadder today. Loved his sense of humor. The way he faced his cancer was truly heroic. RIP. You're already missed. Gina

Comment

This is so sad and he had such an awesome attitude through it all.
              Tracie

Comment

Seemed like such a strong gentleman as he kept working while under treat!ment. Another mournful day.
                Sandy

Comment

This is how I found out....
                  Attached Files
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Very sad and a valiant effort made on his part. He had such a positive attitude when confronted with his diagnosis.
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I heard that on the way home from shopping. They played a lovely song for him. I had it as loud as it would go!😇

Comment

There are a lot of tributes on the news this morning.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I saw that yesterday, and it made me sad. He was such a good and genuine person. Another Canadian is gone. Pancreatic cancer is unforgiving.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                          X