Spring, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring, TX

I know one of our members lives here but I can't remember who/whom. So as we drove through today I just did a general wave hoping it got to the right person.

We were on our way to Houston to pick up my Topaz 50 sewing/embroidery machine up from the man who didn't fix it. He says parts aren't available. I took it to him since he could get to it right away and the Viking repairman said at least 8 weeks before he could even get to it. After the first man said he couldn't fix it I called Viking back and explained what was going on. He said I could probably fix it myself, sounded like I got the little clip knife in wrong when I cleaned it last. So tomorrow my DH and I will see what we can do. If we can't fix it I will bite the bullet and take it to Viking. There goes Christmas presents!!

We are at Sam Rayburn Lake and this weekend we will move to Port Arthur. We plan on camping the coast to Corpus Christi before heading up to San Antonio. Maybe by then my machine will be home.

Have a great day
    sigpic

check you tube for your brand sewing machine on repairs, it may be something very simple

Comment

Hi LauraP, I waved back at you! Hope you caught my wave.

Comment

I subscribe to this Youtube channel. She demos several kinds of machines. She has a lot of videos on yours. Did you know you can contact people on Youtube? If you go to about they have info on how to contact them. I got answered by someone (forgot what it was) and they answered really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Heirloo...y%20machine%20

🌺 Lorie

Comment

Viking is notorious for "dealer only" parts and repairs. They won't sell parts to independents. Biggest reason I got rid of my Viking.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Nothing worse than a broken sewing machine! Hope its something simple and you get it back soon.

Comment

I have a Viking Opal 670. I've been very satisfied with it. So far, so good. No major repairs. Our previous LQS owner quit selling Vikings as well as Pfaff due to the difficulty getting parts, plus the newer machines were not made as well. He became a Baby Lock dealer. I hope you can get yours fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X