Thursday hellos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday hellos!!

Well welcome Thursday. Well I am sad to report that our old van will be no more. Hubby took the plates off of it yesterday and the scrap yard guy will come and get it. Too many repairs that cost too much money for this 2006. She was a good van, saw lots of Canada and the US.

I went for my xrays yesterday. I did not have to wait too long which is good. My package for my SS is ready to mail. I will get that done today and be done with it. Hubby and I are going for a ride today to Almonte. There is that coin store that hubby likes (they have a coin waiting for him) with the quilt store directly across from it. I really need some interfacing. I have just about used all I had making the ss gifts. There is another store along the way having a 25% off sale on interfacing. I think I will stop there for my interfacing.

Late yesterday I decided to cut the fabric for a new sewing book that I really like. I have made quite a few as gifts so I am gifting one to me. I have it all cut out ready for sewing.

And so that is what my day is looking like at the moment. I am really looking forward to warmer temperatures coming in the next few days.

Have an awesome day friends. Stay safe and healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning!

Its so sad to say goodbye when a vehicle has given soooo many years of good service.....so many memories. You’ll be making new ones now. A road trip sounds so nice.....we went to clean my FIL house.....not really a relaxing trip. I soooo look forward when to things are a bit more normal. I can live with some of this stuff, but the distancing is hard. Have a wonderful day!

We too are having a short stretch of warmer than usual weather. All the flower beds/pots are cleaned up. I’ll cut the lawn.....mulch the leaves today. This won’t be the last of it, but it’s gotta get done.

Hope everyone has a blessed and piece-full day! ❣️
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good Morning All,

We're down to the last of this Bible Study next week. It's been nice having something to do in the middle of the week. I came home yesterday and painted most of the afternoon. Today, my wrist is a little sore, muscles that I haven't used like that in a while. I guess I'm needing to do more small motor practice.

Today, I'm going to wrap up the Secret Santa gifts, and get them in the mail on Mike's next day off.

Last night I ordered some things for the kids home school camper. lol, Everything will fit in Ziplock bags and pack flat, so it won't take up much room. It will give Jim idea for things he can do with geometry, measurement and fractions. Won't he have fun!

Morgan has had an interview (in bed, in her pajamas) and an offer for Knoxville, TN for her next job. She has to start November 30. So right after Thanksgiving, the kids will leave. They definitely won't be back for Christmas. Diane is planning to do Christmas at Thanksgiving, so our plans may be changing again. I know Dot will be thrilled to see the kids at 'Christmas'.

Well, Mike's getting ready to leave for work. It's truck day so he'll be tired tonight.

Take care and have a great day!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning to all. Today is our last day of the reocurring summer weather, 80 and then tomorrow it drops almost 20 degrees. And then upper 60's to lower 70's for the next week. And looks like a good chance of a wet weekend too. Been trying to get the daily deal ordered by the website is throwing hissy fit, in my cart but come checkout it dissappears and gets stuck .. did get one error message and took a snap shot and sent it to M8*. Their server is probably overwhelmed. I give up!

I did manage to clean up the sewing room and maybe today when I go in there I will actually sew something. I came across (outta sight outta mind) panels and many orphan blocks, so maybe make some quilt tops for charity.

Have a safe and happy day!

Comment

• srgreene
          srgreene commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope you get through. Took me a couple of times and had to close my browser and re-open. Finally worked. I feel a bit naughty ordering this. But oh well. It's a mystery. It's FQs. It's Free Spirit.

Sandy

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you srgreene... when it hung up, I closed browser and then reopened, back to M* and was still logged in and it worked!

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the DD in my cart, and when I went back to pay for it, it had been sold out. "You snooze, you lose."

Good morning. Can't believe it is Thursday already. This week has been flying by. Busy day yesterday in the sewing room. Probably today too and we also have a couple things to take care of outside in the backyard. We also have the last of the bread and butter pickles to get canned.

Last night I had a nice chat with youngest son Tim. Well most of it was nice; some was concerning. He is still having issues with his bp being high and his heart rate is fast. His gp has referred him to a cardiologist. He has an appointment tomorrow. I hope they can get this under control.

Time to get this busy day moving along. Have a good one everyone.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• srgreene
          srgreene commented
          Editing a comment
          Sending prayers for your son.

Sandy

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Praying they find out what is causing your son's high BP. That is what my son is going through and I'm praying your son does not have this autoimmune disease my son has as it attacks the organs, randomly, although my son had symptoms other than the high BP.

animated-tintin-image-0037.gif Good morning ...
        Well I accomplished little yesterday. All the excitement about the baby and talking about her made the day fly by.
        Time is flying by . I am no where near finished my 2 couch quilts I want to make as Christmas gifts. It's the rush to have it in the mail that I feel more than the actual quilting work, pushing me.
        We had a lot of candy left over from Halloween so I did up a small bag of candy to that could fit in my mail box, with a note that said "Trick or Treat for our postal worker". When I went to get the mail later, the candy was gone but a big thank you was written on the end of my note with a happy face drawn on it. Little things make me happy.
        I am envious Monique, a road trip and quilt shops, sounds like a real nice day. I still miss our van, it too was all across Canada a few times, very dependable. Then Jack got the squish-mobile and I just hate that car.
        The sun is shining today which is welcome. Hope everyone is having a real nice day.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          okay... what is your squish-mobile?

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          So thoughtful, leaving a Halloween treat for the postal worker.

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          A chev Sonic is the actual name of car. I call it the squish-mobile because being a short person , and feeling like I have to scrunch up just to get inside, makes it feel me feel squished by the time the seat belt is on. A driver's elbows should not be in your face when you are the passenger. I guess it implies some super hero called the squisher drives it lol.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique ~ sorry your van bit the dust, but it certainly took you to many destinations. My Mercury is a 2006 & DH's Ford is a 2005; they both still are going strong. I'm hoping they'll last indefinitely. They've been very reliable cars; they don't make either of these models anymore. Plus, they're rear wheel drive, which we prefer.

C-19 is rearing its ugly head in CO. Positivity rate is up, as are the no. of folks in the hosp. Tomorrow more restrictions go into effect. We'll be back to "Safer at Home." That means only 25% of persons in restaurants, places of work, etc. Our levels of cases are as high or higher than they were in the spring. Due to some (+) cases at our church, all Wed. eve. activities were cancelled yest. The elderly man from our church who is ill now is in ICU with double pneumonia. His wife (he's her caregiver) tested (+); she's temp. in a hospice respite facility, since their dau. & another family member also are (+). This virus is not going away any time soon. People need to keep using precautions & acting sensibly & responsibly.

I saw the surgeon yest. a.m. re: this lipoma lump on my arm. The surgery can be done in his office under local anesthetic. I have an appt. for next mo. The surgery has to be pre-approved by Medicare & my supplement ins.

We had another beautiful day yest. The high was 82. It's supposed to be in the 70's today & for 2 more days, then the extended forecast is for much colder weather.

Yest. eve. I watched one of Karen Brown's guest interview videos with the gal in the Netherlands; her web site is sugaridoo. I haven't had a chance to browse that yet. I was particularly interested, because my DIL is from Holland.

I don't have anything on my agenda today, but I'd like to get back to the sewing room.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I watch Sugaridoo. She has some good projects.

Rob

Good morning,

I was up early and had to hit the perk now button on the coffee pot. There will be time to sew this morning before DH appointment. Then we'll do the grocery pick up while we are out.

Yesterday, I put a couple of stacks of fabric into a bin to get them off the table. I can't think with so many things out on the table and distracting me. Now I can think and move on with other projects.The best part about clean-up was finding my cut glove. I used a garden glove the last time as I was cutting thick seams.

I still need to organize the new embroidery designs into the right folder. They have been organized from day one so I can easily find them. Plus I keep x-cell sheets in a notebook for reference. The new designs are to embroidery on card stock. It should be interesting.

Monique, Enjoy your drive (and shopping) today!

Comment

Good morning!

The weather words for today are warm and dry. The high today will be in the upper 60's. We don't have any rain in the forecast for the next few days.

I had a bit of a panic yesterday morning, my work computer went black. I tried charging it, in case I had let the battery run down. I ended up having to call my employer's help desk. Turns out this model of laptops is "glitchy." Fortunately, it had an easy solution. I held the power button down for 30 seconds and unplugged it. Then I pressed the power button again and voila! all fixed. The guys at the help desk said this happens all the time, it's good to know I'm not the only one!

I did not do any sewing yesterday, but...I did do some cutting. I also auditioned a couple of fabrics for the quilt for the boss's grand baby. I think I finally have a winner! Now I just need to make the time to sew it. 😀

Time to log into work and have some breakfast. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Morning all,
            well I have been trying to get into my flickr account with no luck. I lost my password and the reset link they keep sending me just takes me to a set up page for a new account so now I have a new blank account I don't want and am locked out of my original one.. So I've been waiting for a reply from someone in the help department or wherever and don't think I'll hear from them anytime soon. I just get a general automated message. So frustrating.

Thanks for all the nice comments yesterday on my pillow. If you care to see the others they are on my flickr page that you can access with the link in my posts but does not show up when I look at my posts!😟

Foggy haze when I woke up this morning but it has since lifted. Hopefully the sun will come through.

Plan on getting in the sewing room today and do a few more embroidered towels. That should finish up what I'll be taking with me. A dozen pillows done, numerous fall and Christmas wreaths, and 2 dozen embroidered kitchen towels. It will be a full load I'm driving upstate with, hope I don't end up bringing it all back home with me. If so I'll pack it away for next year's holiday open house.

Monique, hope you get good news on your x-rays.

I'm off to fire up the coffee, so I'll wish everyone a good day!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was again so very nice. We officially got to 78 degrees yesterday and sounds like it will be the same again today. We were supposed to dropped down to the 30's for highs beginning Monday but they have now changed Monday's high to 50 or a little above. We are supposed to get some rain and possible snow from Monday into Tuesday. Not looking forward to the snow after this beautiful week but I do realize it will come eventually.

I made the trip yesterday to the Tabitha quilt group. The group is not big, only 3 people plus me but we also had a visitor yesterday who is wanting to learn. Yay!! Love it when someone decides to try it. She told us that she knows nothing about quilting but she had a serger, sewing machine and an embroidery machine. Wow! The gals caught me up on what they had been doing. They started meeting again just about a month ago. One of the things I was planning to do before this COVID thing started was to organize the fabrics. Oh my gosh they are so unorganized and that is something that I really struggle with. After we talked about what we have on hand to give out it was determined that we need one or two "men's" quilts. I was going through some fabrics and found some really nice tans and browns and decided to go with those using the Bolero pattern that I made for my best friend. Quick and easy. I just couldn't handle the mess of the fabrics and started sorting. When it came time to leave I left with two stuffed plastic grocery bags and two totes about 20x10 filled with scraps. I spent about 3 hours last night going through them. In one of the bags I found some lovely yardage that one of the church members bought at a garage sale. I ended up with 3 or 4 fabrics that were 1 yard each!. I tossed some very small pieces and ended up making strips, squares out of some. I will have the big totes to go through too. I believe there are at least 4 large totes that have yardage. What is frustrating is that you have to move everything to see what is in the tote. I'm trying to fold nicely and "stand" them so you can see more fabrics. I plan to find some cardboard boxes or plastic totes that we can use to put on top of the first layer. That way you can view the top row and if you need to see the bottom all you have to do is remove the plastic/cardboard. It should help immensely when picking out fabrics for quilts instead of having to push and pull everything around. Makes a mess of the fabric, too.

Enough of that. I got home a little earlier than I thought I would and was still able to get my laundry done yesterday so that was a plus. Today I don't have much planned, just some light housework. I am also going to make some bread. Other than that I will probably work on the scrap fabrics from Tabitha and get them organized. I don't want to let them sit too long. I think we will be meeting again on the 18th.

Well, time for some coffee! Hope everyone has a very lovely day!
              Carlie

Comment

Good morning.

Nothing of any importance going on in my world today, which is kind of nice. Even though it's a bit warmer here I'm going to make the slow cooker vegetable soup for supper.

I saw something yesterday that struck me as odd. In my newspaper career I estimate that I wrote close to 20,000 obituaries. Most of them were basic information types that everyone is familiar with. Toward the end of my career I noticed more people were submitting younger photos of people who looked nothing like they did before they died. I joked that when my time came I wanted to print my baby picture. But that's not where I'm going with this.

In many of the obits I wrote people would often want odd things mentioned about the person. One even wanted it put in that he hoped a mayoral candidate lost the upcoming election ( which we did, although we charged for the service). In reading the paper yesterday I noticed that one family put in that the deceased really loved pickles. I can't begin to imagine how much someone must have loved pickles to have it mentioned in the last public notice that someone existed.

By the way, here's some worthless trivia for you. Ever wonder how a newspaper can have a detailed obit on someone famous who just died? Well, it's because newspapers prewrite obits of famous people. Often celebrities will be interviewed for their obit. I never did that at the level I worked at, but I have already written my own. However, I just might have to update it to include how much I liked BBQ and how much I hate pickles.

Have a great day!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

• srgreene
                  srgreene commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've asked The Hubs to make sure my obit mentioned how funny I was. 😃

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After paying over $300 for mom's obits, Howard and I decided we didn't want one! I don't think I could have written one after he passed anyway.

• Rob the HOAQ
                  Rob the HOAQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow! $300? I know most newspapers are now charging for them, but on the newspapers I worked for that would have got you a 1/4 page ad. Is that what the funeral home told you the charge was? If so, they probably took part of it. May I ask what paper it appeared in?

While I didn't write my mother's obituary, I did edit parts of it. It was the hardest thing I ever did.

Rob

It's been a crazy last couple of days. One of my cats, beautiful Phoebe, is very ill. She's lost weight, doesn't eat, and won't even drink any water. I had her at the vet yesterday and her bloodwork showed liver problems. She's 16 years old and at that age, kidney and liver problems begin to appear. She's scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday. The vet is thinking she could even have cancer. I just picked up a prescription for her for nausea, hoping that may help give her an appetite. The vet gave her fluids yesterday so she's good with that for one more day. I realize she may not be around much longer but I don't like to think about that.
                20200508_115234.jpg
                We are having a gorgeous day today! Lots of sunshine and warmth. I uncovered a couple of the chairs on the deck and plan on spending some time out there with my ebook. Trying to convince my guy that he should go out for some fresh air. He hasn't been feeling well, most likely a sinus infection. He gets those around this time every year. His doctor had him go for a covid test yesterday just to be safe. I doubt he has that.

I think I may set Valley Blossoms aside for a few days and make some other things, maybe some free-standing lace projects for Christmas. Or maybe decide what ornaments I'll make for everyone this year and get started on those.

Grandson Miller's first birthday was yesterday. My daughter sent me some photos. He was loving his birthday cake! His t-shirt says "The Birthday Dude."
                Resized_20201104_165622.jpeg Resized_20201104_161630.jpeg
                Last edited by Dove; November 5, 2020, 02:25 PM.
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
                  CarlieBlilie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My husband absolutely hated letting the kids have their cake on their 1st birthday and letting them get it all over them. He felt it was giving them the wrong message. Did it anyway.

• Rob the HOAQ
                  Rob the HOAQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry to hear about Phoebe. That's exactly what happened to Droopy. I know how hard it is.

On the other hand, what a cutie birthday boy! Wish I could smear some cake over my face right now.

Rob

• geegeequilts
                  geegeequilts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Phoebe is a beautiful kitty. I'm sorry she's not doing well. I'll pray for her. The birthday dude is too cute for words. His cake looks yummy! Gina

copy 199.jpg copy 292.jpg Good morning everyone!
                We've been busy. DH had his hip replacement surgery. He is doing very well, walking with a walker but sometimes not! I'm afraid he will fall. Prior to his surgery my ex DH had his knee replaced and then took a bad fall so we moved him into the spare bedroom and cared for him until his girlfriend could come up from LA. DD was married in a small ceremony that was lovely. I'll post a photo
                Last edited by CraftyJnet; November 5, 2020, 01:02 PM.

Jeannette

Comment

• Dove
                  Dove commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A beautiful couple!

• geegeequilts
                  geegeequilts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have a beautiful daughter & a pretty cute son-in-law. Love the masks! Gina

• Monique
                  Monique commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful picture of the newly weds. I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery but stays safe and healthy.

Good morning!

Yesterday the temperature was in the middle 60s, and today is raining and cool. It’s fall, go figure. I’ll get busy soon with cooking some cheesy rice to eat with the grilled chicken from Wednesday, and then head up to the sewing room for a few hours of fun.

We brought home the memorial stone from the Garden and planted it at the base of the big, sheltering oak tree in our yard. It will remind us of our special dog, Duchess, who died this summer. She was the perfect retirement partner for us, and enjoyed everything we did, from road trips to daily walks at the Garden. The Garden is going through management issues and we didn’t want to lose access to see it. She was a favorite “member” of the horticulture team for many years, and those wonderful people surprised us with her stone.

Take care, be safe, and have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                X