Wednesday hellos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. Today is going to be a busy day. Hubby has an appointment this morning to have the license plate cancelled on the old van. I am supposed to meet with our club secretary to pay a bill on-line (it is all in French). I am going to try to get an appointment for an xray.

I had a good doctor's appointment last night. Got the flu shot and the pneumonia shot as well. That was a new one for me, never had one of those before. As for the sore neck, he thinks it is still a pinched nerve. He is sending me for a battery of tests, ct scan, ultrasound and xrays, to be on the safe side. I have to make the appointment for the xrays and hopefully I can get that done this afternoon while I am in town. I have a prescription for an anti inflammatory. He was so pleased to see me.

I forgot to mention yesterday that my iron died in the middle of magic making, LOL!! Thankfully I had a backup but I am not liking it as much so yesterday I got the exact same one that died. My old one wasn't that old, but just instantly died. I had just used it.

And so finally I am done all the ss gifts. I got a box yesterday and will get it ready for mailing but not before I take some pictures. So glad to have that done with. Now on to other things.

Tomorrow is a road trip. Coin dealer called and they have a coin that hubby has been wanting. Fabric store directly across the street. I am going to try and not go in there because then I feel I have to buy something. We shall see if I can resist the urge, LOL! Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning to all!

I’m so thankful Monique your appointment went well. I’ll be praying that all goes well with all the tests. Love and hugs 💕💕
    It makes me smile when I hear of all your “magic!”

DH was home yesterday ......we did lots of errands. The weather couldn’t have more perfect for Election Day. We’re still waiting to find out who’ll be our next president.....

Got some of the yard work done.....more to do today. It’s to be 60’ the next couple days....so yard work it is! 🍁 🍁🍁

Hope ever has a blessed and safe day. ❣️
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good morning,

It's cloudy and breezy today. There are no appointments for today so I will relax. Well maybe relax. There is one more go around with a storm for us to watch. I gathered some of the needed baking supplies yesterday. Finally found freezer paper at WM. The local grocers didn't have it. I should add some cookie cutters to the list.

Still working on my two current UFO projects. Don't you wish the magic elves would help you? I pulled kids fabrics for pillow-cases to use up stash. Our LQS is a drop off point for one of the charities.

Laundry is calling so I better get moving. Happy Stitching to all!

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have tons of freezer paper if you ever find your self needing more. I have a huge roll. I would have sent you some.

Good Morning All,

I've made magic this morning... stripped the bed, put on fresh linens and my Christmas Quilt, washed my sheets and Mike's Office Max masks. The masks are drying on the chair knobs, and the linens are ready to be folded and put away.

I still have more purging to do in the garage. I have even more to do in my bedroom. Thankfully, the purging in my bedroom will be taken care of by wrapping Christmas presents. SS projects need to be wrapped, Mike has a long day, so I'll probably do that when I get back from Bible Study. I have a few boxes ready to audition when I get everything wrapped.

Anyway, Bible Study and Christmas prep., that's it for me today. I need to adjust my Christmas list. Several people have moved and I don't have new addresses for mailing their cards. Don't know what other kind of trouble I can find today, but I'm sure I'll stay busy.

Yesterday, I started my Bond Marathon. I watched almost all of the Sean Connery Bonds. Goldfinger made the DVD player make really weird noises, so I didn't watch that one. I was almost done with Thunderball, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was nice not getting involved in the medias repetitious election results. I watched the early morning news this morning just to see the 'gauges' showing what was going on. I have a feeling it's going to be another week or two since several states have extended the counting time and adjusting for mail ins to arrive. We'll see.

Time to move on to my next project. Have a great day!

Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another beautiful day yest. High temp. was 80! Great weather for voting. I think most Coloradans voted by mail, something this state has been doing for many years. I guess we'll have to wait to know who won the presidential election until more ballots are counted. Right now it's too close to call. One of our state's Republican senators got beat by a Democrat, our former governor, Hickenlooper. I was sorry to see that.

My big project yest. was making the chicken soup, an all morning job. I ended up with 14 qts. I also finished filling out the new patient paperwork for the dr. visit today re: the lump (lipoma) on my L. upper arm. I have a surgical consult. This dr. actually is a plastic surgeon & does more head & neck surgery, but I'm hoping he'll do mine, which can be done in the office. Most of the surgeons I knew when I was working as a nurse either have retired or moved away.

We have BSF on Zoom this a.m., so it will be a busy morning. After the dr. visit, as long as I'll be on the N. end of town, I'll go ,y favorite Dollar Tree store & Safeway, which is right next door. Safe. is the only place where I can buy my favorite flavor of Sobe vit. water. Last time I had to special order 2 cases.

I slept better last night. So thankful. I made sure I took Ibuprofen rather than Acetaminophen before going to bed. It gives me better pain relief. I tried a pain relieving patch yest. Something from Japan called Salonpas. I used just one on my bad knee. The patch can stay on for up to 8 hrs. It seemed to help some. The only neg. is the smell. It smells very strongly of menthol. I wish it were odor-free.

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tiger balm patches were my best friend when I had sciatica issues.

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy, just make sure you take the patch off before you take a shower. Once wet it has a slimy texture. Ugh! Gina

• TMP
          TMP commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy, although not a cure for your pain have you tried tiger balm patches? I got no relieve from Salonpas . Now these do have an odor but the Tiger balm patches are fairly inexpensive and you can get them at Walmart or CVS. They helped me with my psoriatic arthritis .. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Good morning!

It is going to be a lovely day today -- sunshine and a high in the mid 60's. I might go for a ride down in the Metroparks later to enjoy the fall colors.

Mom was in good form for our visit yesterday. She was animated, chatty, and able to follow a conversation. Such a difference from last week! The hospice nurse called yesterday afternoon and said Mom lost about four pounds, but was otherwise about the same. She still qualifies for hospice care.

After our visit with Mom, I surprised my sister and drove us to a LQS. We haven't been there since before the pandemic. I was on my eternal search for fabric for a quilt for the boss's grand baby (at the rate I'm going, the kid will graduate college before it's ready, and she isn't due until January). My sister bought Christmas fabric to make masks. I took a quick look at a couple of machines, but did not sit down with a salesperson. I found a fabric I thought would work for the baby quilt. Now I'm not so sure. I think the color is more of what I was going for, but the print might overshadow the main fabric. Decisions, decisions.

We stopped off on the way home and bought Raising Cane's chicken for lunch. The drive through was very busy! I made it home just in time for my one o'clock meeting.

I'd better log in to work and grab some breakfast. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning to all. I never made it into my sewing room yesterday. I went into the office to start organizing the package for the accountant and looked around.... you know I really don't like the layout of this room, so I decided to rearrange the furniture. Sure my muscles are going to be throwing hissy fits for a couple of days. Good reason to just sit for a while, right in front of the sewing machine! 😁 Though the pictures of the lap quilts are not very good, I finally managed to post them in the WIP thread.

Here's to a happy and safe day for all!

Comment

• Paisley
            Paisley commented
            Editing a comment
            Where is the WIP thread? I don’t see it.

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            Under the Sew Together, Far Apart and then WIP for Nov 1-30

• Paisley
            Paisley commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Mimi Howard.

Good Morning all,

Yesterday got a bit warmer than they thought it would. Here at our house we hit 80 but the official temp for the city was 77. Still for November that is a very warm temp. We are headed up toward the 80's again today.

I got Jim moved to his new home at an assisted living place in a town about 20 minutes from here. It is a very nice facility and I liked both of the gals who were checking him in. The building is rather new, completed in 2017. It is a nice sized room with a very nice bathroom with shower (Jim really wanted his own shower). They supplied him with a very nice fairly new recliner and a bed is on order. Since Jim tends to sleep in a recliner that works for him but he does also want the bed. They also supplied him with a nice dresser and night stand and a table for his TV. They also have windows that he can open so he was very happy about that. They do allow him to go on walks outside as long as he has his cellphone in case something happens. One of the gals told him that she had brought in a winter coat for him that belonged to her husband. She said her husband is about the same size as Jim and he has a coat fetish so has too many. This one was only worn a couple of times. Jim was very happy with where the facility is. It is near some farm land so when he goes on a walk he can see them. He just likes to look at the crops I guess. I left here at 9:30 to pick him up and I did not get home until around 1:30, filling out paperwork and answering questions.

I am planning on going to my old church quilt group this morning. According to one other gal that moved to Michigan they are really needing my help because the ones left in the group are not "quilters". They know how to sew but not so much on quilting. I just wonder if it is a matter of confidence in what they are doing. Anyway, I will be leaving here around 8:30 and probably won't be home until 2:30 or 3 as I will stop at Jennifer's to pick up some things I keep forgetting at her house.

Monique, those pneumonia shots hurt like crazy, at least mine did. I got my first one last year and need to get another. Still haven't gotten my shingles shots either and I've had shingles but luckily caught it before I broke out and could take medication to get rid of it. Still, the doctor tells me I can still get shingles so need to get that done.

Joy, I've seen advertisements for Salonpas but didn't realize they had the menthol odor. That can be very annoying. Glad it helped relieve some of your pain.

I'm off to get ready, have a wonderful day everyone!
          Carlie

Comment

• TMP
            TMP commented
            Editing a comment
            I had pneumonia and if you can take the shot please do it was horrible ! My doctor will not let me have the shingles shot and I have ask more than one because of my psoriatic arthritis .

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            I put 2 patches on this afternoon, side by side. I realized today, they smell like wintergreen.

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve never had pneumonia but my hubby has had it probably a dozen times over the 50 years I’ve known him. He hasn’t gotten the shot either and probably won’t.

Morning all. Will be beautiful again (weather wise) in Denver. The sunrise yesterday was breath taking. A real encouragement for worn out psyches.

Just this morning saw the Elizabeth fabric line on the home page of M*. I love the colors. I noticed in the description that the line is offering 3 free pattern downloads. So I did. The first one will give me another chance to use my Tri-Rec rulers. Just what I needed was another quilt to think about.

Today the Hubs is fishing and so I've committed to sew the blocks together on the Amelia Earhart quilt. I'll need to run some test stitches to make sure everything is correct on my machine. I've been doing some experimenting lately. When its done, I'm sending Amelia on a flight to my lovely ex-employee who somewhat adopted me as her mother/aunt. She's originally from Poland and has no family in CO other than her teenage daughter.

Cleaned a bit in my SILs sister's home yesterday. Prayers for Chanda and Eddie would be appreciated. Chanda has FTL dementia and Eddie is developmentally challenged. Its clear that they won't be able to stay in their home much longer - she roams and is inconsistent with hygiene and nutrition now. It will devastate both of them. Dementia sucks if I may say. In a perfect world, there would be a family member who could take them both in but such is not the case.

Enjoy your days. I may bake a bit today. Baking is therapy too. As long as I don't eat what I bake. Then I need more therapy for the guilt.

Comment

Good Morning...We were up later than usual watching the election returns. We won’t know the final outcome for a few days, maybe weeks.

Monique, I’m glad you will be getting tests on your neck. You need to know what’s going on.

Yesterday I got the call that my two UFO quilts were ready to come home. I made the trip and got them. They turned out really nice. I trimmed the edges and squared up the corners on the Irish Change. I also made the binding. It’s a huge quilt and I’m not sure if I’m up to tackling it today.

My GF is bringing me our small meat order this morning. I need to get off here and make room for the meat in the freezer.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning! I'm getting ready to log into work. I have an interview Friday for a position I really want, same company.
              I need to clean up my sewing area it's a mess!

We did a huge grocery run the other night. We're good for a few weeks. I need to make zucchini boats today. They are alot of work but worth it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm going to log in to work.

Comment

20201104_100154 (1).jpg Resized_20201104_082257.jpeg Today is a wonderful day ! My granddaughter Andraia was born 8:18 am under a Scorpio sun and a Gemini moon. 8 lb.8 oz. Her birthday is 9 days after her Mom's , and 9 days after her Dad's birthdays.
                I wanted to share my happiness.
                Last edited by minipinlady; November 4, 2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                  Momofmonsters5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats!! Love babies

• Star lover
                  Star lover commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations! Babies are always a blessing....💗

• Rhonda K
                  Rhonda K commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations on your new grand daughter. She is precious!

Morning everyone.

Yesterday was get shots in my eyes day, which pretty much has summed up everything up to this point. The eye doctor says my right eye seems to be doing better, but the left eye still has blood in it. He thinks that the cataract surgery will help, but he wants to see me again in a month for another round of shots. Yay...😒

We took Patsy with us to the doctor's office but she and Cheryl sat outside in the car while I saw the doctor.

Worked on cleaning out the cubbies on my desk part of the day yesterday and threw a bunch of stuff away, scanned some things into the computer and shredded a bunch of stuff. I plan to devote as much of today as possible to working on one of my writing projects. I'm aiming for maybe working on another quilt top sometime toward the end of this month or beginning of next.

That is all.

Everyone have a great day! Madonna, looks like you already have had one! Congratulations!!!!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

I fell asleep last night on the couch listening to Jeff's election coverage on the radio and Fox on TV. I have had enough of all that and plan on leaving off the TV today. Today, I am being lazy and not even getting dressed. I am still struggling with these sinuses, head ache ect. I am wondering what project to start or finish next . Yesterday, I sewed the label on the 5th Ugly Quilt. I don't care who wants one I am done with those and ready to make something pretty and fun.

Take care,
                  Teresa

Comment

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't even bother to watch. It just seemed like a bunch of talking heads, who were talking over each other much of the time. I felt sure we wouldn't know the presidential results until much later.

congratulations minipinlady family xxx
                  hi everyone
                  The suns been shining here, it was so bright moved around on bed so eyes were out of it, after a while thought would lay on back, moved, gravity happened, ended on floor hit head shoulders knee, apparently screamed, the beds higher to aid getting in easier. Himself rushed in and found me, squashed between wall and bed, managed to untangle self, get on bed, with some emotional moments probably shock, then we had a call to say someone was coming tomorrow to do works, so we been ensuring ready, emptying kitchen to enable easier sanitising after goes, had a text tonight to say not coming, to be honest am pleased, with the gravity thing am enduring some discomfort.
                  Am rather thankful for seeing the sunshine today.
                  Stay safe
                  hugs
                  T

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                    Mimi_Howard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please rest and take care of yourself.
                Working...
                X