Well it's Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's Tuesday

Not sure if it is welcomed or not!! We have SNOW!! At least 3 inches. YUCK!! It won't last as we are expecting temperatures to reach double digits by Thursday and stay that way for a week. Indian Summer is coming I think. Monday is expected to be 65F. I'll take that.

I never got dressed yesterday, stayed in my jammies all day, LOL!! I got all my projects done and two more to go and I am DONE!! WOOHOO.

I have my appointment tonight plus I heard from one of the secretaries that I can ask for the flu shot and he will give it to me then.

I see this month that new shows are starting back up again. Last night was The Good Doctor. This is Us resumed last week. I have downloaded them to watch later. Finally it's happening.

And so I will continue in the 'magic' room today.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning. Thank goodness the wind gusts have died down. Yesterday was cold and blustery. I stayed inside and continued to work on my quilt blocks and holiday cards. I had HSN on most of the day. No election commercials.

Today I have to go to the store. Then it is back to pressing and sewing more blocks.

Beth

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Tomorrow should bring relief of campaign ads in my mail and the telephone calls stop. Hooray!

Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

Yesterday was super busy. After Mike got up we started in the garage. Cleaned out as much as the trunk would hold. Took part to the storage shed and the rest to Salvation Army. Then we headed to Ollie's and picked up two wire rack units.

We came home and cleaned out both of the rubbermade shelves that Howard put up. If I hadn't touched it in three years, it was gone. Another load filled the trunk! We put one unit together and everything I kept fit on that one rack. There was room for Mike to shove two of his storage boxes against the wall. Yippee, a larger garage. The trash bin and recycle bins are full, though.

We made the last trip to the Salvation Army and that was pretty much it for our day. Thank goodness, he doesn't go in until 11 today. He'll get some rest.

Have a wonderful day.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      We have been working on purging our garage for a few weeks. Last Friday I took another load to our community center for donation. They are happy to sell things in their thrift shop. It feels good to get rid of stuff you haven’t and won’t ever use. Congrats!

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a huge accomplishment. Jack has been downsizing the stuff in his garage. The roman blind in the kitchen broke and I am tired of fixing it. Hate that iron bar swinging around at the bottom of it, so I put up curtains instead. Jack brought up the 3 bins from the basement of curtains. I kept one, and donated the other 2. When you're a military family you never know what the next house will be like so I saved curtains, but this is our last house so I can finally let things go that do not fit here. You must be very pleased with the change =)

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg I was a military spouse for 20 years. I've purged so much since I've moved on.

Good morning,

I'm in slow-start mode this morning. No need to rush out anywhere until this afternoon. I'll play in my sewing room as a reward before the PT appointment. There are a couple of fabric shelves that need re-organizing.

Our weather temperature has finally dropped. It was a hot summer. Looking forward to the cooler weather to do some holiday baking with DD and DGS. I might make different cookie dough and have them ready. Of course some flour and egg fun would make fun memories too.

Hope your day is filled with happy stitches!

Comment

Today I am going to vote in person. I am wearing a mask and gloves and don't laugh taking my own pencil and if people are not distancing and being safe I'm going to leave.

The cooler weather has made Sandy frisky. She has been doing the zoomies and been right up on me for a few days. I can't work on the binding of my quilt with a 94 pound dog dropping toys in my lap and kissing me. My son in law is going to come over and lite my furnace. I usually call someone to do it but with Covid , I really don't want anyone in my house. Hopefully, he will also fix the handle on the gate, so I don't have to always stay outside with Sandy when she goes out.

I read that people in our area are crawling under cars left out of the garage and stealing catalytic convertors. These thieves have battery powered saws! Apparently, they sell it for scrap and it is supposed to be super expensive to get fixed . Isn't that horrible.

Take care and love you all,
      Teresa
      thumbnail.jpg
      Last edited by TMP; November 3, 2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s awful!

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        What a gorgeous dog =) She looks happy.
        Someone would have to be Olive Oyl thin to slide under Jack's squishmobile.

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        Even though the recycling companies promised to demand more information from those selling catalytic converters, the thefts continue. It happened to a friend of mine last month. And all of our insurance premiums go up as a result.

Good morning all,

Katrina, don't you love that feeling of successful purging? I've been in that mode for a while now. (Except for the sewing room 😊 ) I often wonder when I see the car full of items to donate, where did it all come from?

We had a beautiful day yesterday with sunshine and warmer temperatures. All I needed was a jean jacket, and I only put that on in the evening. Everything got accomplished yesterday: DH and I voted, and we did the paperwork for our conceal and carry permits, and of course, handed over some money for that. DH took me out for breakfast after that. We got home a little after 11, and I took off again shortly after 12. An hour drive to Grand Forks, and went immediately to CVS Pharmacy and got my flu shot. There was only 1 person ahead of me, and the gal doing the shots was efficient, so I was in and out. Next was WalMart for dog food, and I also found 2 Christmas gifts....that's always a win! Then to JoAnns for buying pillow forms (doorbuster), and I also found ornaments for 3 of the GKs (also a doorbuster...buy 1 and get 2 free). When my girlfriend's shift was over, we headed to Five Guys for burgers. I was really tired when I got home around 7, and was in bed at 8:15.....might have been from the flu shot. My arm is sore today, and I still feel tired.

Plans for today are to hang out in the sewing room all day while watching the election coverage on Fox News. Our temps will be in the 60's, so I'll probably take a break and go for a walk with the dogs. It sounds like many of you are expecting warmer weather as well. Enjoy!
      Jeanne

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow you had a busy day. I got my shot a few weeks ago as I heard that some places were running out and waiting for re-order. A lot of people who don't normally get the shot have been lining up. Of course, they should realize it doesn't entirely protect you, but lessens any symptoms. My arm was really sore this time. I love it when I find gifts and not really looking for them.

Good morning!

Today starts a week long warm up -- sunny and a high in the upper 50's. We're expecting 60's and maybe 70 later in the week, with no rain in sight.

The yard guy came and cleaned up the leaves in my yard yesterday. He has a knack for doing the yard work when I'm in an online meeting. If he brings a helper one does the front while the other does the back and there is no escaping the noise. Oh, well. By December the leaves should be gone and all will be quiet until spring.

I worked on my curved log cabin again yesterday. I have been using the ruler from Creative Grids. The designer of the ruler thinks it is faster to trim each piece as you sew. I do not. I figured out the measurements and pre-cut the strips. It made the sewing faster, as I only had to stop to trim after every round. I finally felt like I was making progress!

My sister and I have our weekly visit with Mom today. I am enjoying the visits while I can. I don't know if the visits will stop if our county goes to level purple.

Time for tea and breakfast before logging into work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning. Today is Election Day in the US and it will likely be days or weeks until we know the outcome. We already voted so we don’t have to go out today.

Monique, glad you had such a productive day in your magic room! I got a little embroidery done yesterday. I hope my quilter calls me soon to pick up my quilts so I can get them bound.

We haven’t had any snow yet but we had a Light glazing of ice one morning. I know it’s coming.

Thank you to everyone who left such nice comments on my little dog quilt.

Wishing everyone a good day....stay safe and well. Hugs......

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning to all. I was able to do the bank run and another qiuck errand yesterday, son text me that he found corn meal, so looking like I will be making dressing afterall. My local store has been out of corn meal for weeks. I finally got paperwork from Wells Fargo for my dads house for his 2019 tax info, so now I can contact his accountant and get this started. See if i can do a drive by drop off so she can get the claim ready to file. LIttle computer work (email) and sewing and that is all I planned today.

Here's to a happy and safe day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Wow! Yest. it was 79 deg.! Unusual for Nov. It's supposed to be in the 70's for the nextr 3 days. Sunny & beautiful! I opened the front & back doors & 1 BR window to air out the house. Good weather for people to get out to vote. Many already have voted. We have mail in voting in CO, but people have the option of voting in person if they wish. Whatever the outcome of this election, I think it will be close. And we may not know the final results for even a few days. Hopefully no "hanging chads" like that one year in FL.

After breakfast yest. I drove out to Walmart for an Rx & several items. The extra walking sure flares up my bad knee. Then I did the veg. prep. for chicken soup last eve., so my knee protested from standing on it so long. I did take a break for 10 min. & put it up with some ice, which helped. I was awake part of the night while I was waiting for my med. to kick in.

On my way home from WM, I swung by Chick-fil-A for carry-out lunch. The line was extremely long, so I drove right on by without stopping.

DS#1 called in the afternoon. He uses his commute time driving home from work to call, which gave us almost an hour to chat. He still is working mostly at home, but goes in to the office one day/week. They take turns on who is in the office.

Time to get on with DH's breakfast, then getting the chicken on to cook. It will be a busy morning.

Comment

• srgreene
              srgreene commented
              Editing a comment
              My son also calls on his commute. What a blessing to have hands free phones.

Sandy

Good morning all,
            It's been a busy past week, productive but busy. We were expecting it, and sure enough this morning we woke up to about 3" of snow and its cold. I know it will melt as its going to warm up in the next few days. The kids in the schoolyard will be happy to make snowballs for sure, if they are allowed.

Last Friday I went on a road trip to Carleton Place & Perth with my GF Pat. I needed to find flannel backing for 2 tops, and she needed an outing. Her mom passed away 3 yrs ago, and her mom's budgie Sparky came to live with her. While she enjoyed him, this past 9 months of not working and being home has been her joy and companion. After about a week of being ill and on meds, he passed away. She was heartbroken as it was a few days after her mom's passing. She loves to go on road trips, and we have only had 1 more since the pandemic. I picked up wool at the Wool shop and she found a sweater jacket. I found my flannel and a few pairs of pants. We were also able to eat in a restaurant in Perth, best fish and chips. We shopped and I found a large owl (polyresin) and about 12 handcrafted ceramic mugs for our kids and grandkids for xmas. We will put some cash in the cup. That's their gift. I also ordered a maroon colored leather purse from a shop that makes these beautiful crafted clothing and accessories. I bought one this summer and loved the design, weight and size. So I ordered in a different colour. I will probably bring her my old fur coat, as she has a lady that makes jointed bears. I know how to do them in regular fabrics, but it will be a treat to get these done.

We have all our yardwork done except to wrap the patio furniture which is stacked under the pergola. Hubby can now put away his lawn mower and bicycle in the shed, and I think we are ready for whatever Mother Nature sends our way. Yesterday he brought his SUV for servicing and installation of winter tires -- 7 am appt. So I was up and drove him home. I ran errands and had a wonderful massage. I also dropped off items that I have picked up for friends who stay in. Then I dropped off 2 VQC quilts I quilted on Sunday and picked up 2 more tops. My Amara misbehaves at times, and I have to figure out if its me or her. When its safe again in a year or so, I want to travel to take courses at HQ in Utah.

Today I have an appt to get my tires put on and an oil change. I wont stay and wait, so DH will pick me up and we will go shopping nearby.

Tomorrow is my GD Cassandra's 5th birthday. Not going to be the usually kids party, but she invited my son and us to have pizza. We will be 8, and it might be warm enough with the heater to eat outdoors. Wow the GKs are growing fast.

I need to catch up on housework also, but quilting is much more fun. Sending prayers that voting will be peaceful, and patience until the outcome is officially declared. My heart goes out to everyone & hubby who are distressed by events happening in his birth country, Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              You certainly have had a busy week, Suzanne, but also productive. Road trips are great for stress relief.

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was gorgeous here also. We made it to 64 degrees and barely any wind. Dave got the remaining leaves and branches from the flower beds burned so the backyard is pretty much cleaned up. We could probably rake again. The neighbor has an extremely large maple tree and still has some leaves left. She rents her house out and recently the rented packed up and moved. She has been there cleaning the yard. The renter lived there 2 years and I can count on one hand how many times he did yardwork. She said she has a couple renters but isn't sure yet who will be moving in. She did say she thought that the big tree is dying and I gave her the name of the company we used when we needed a tree taken down.

Nothing much done yesterday. I guess I was in a kind of funk. Dave and I went around the house vacuuming up boxelders and asian beetles. Funny, I always think of boxelder bugs as "cellbockers". That is what my cousin always called them. The vacuum probably gobbled up at least a couple dozen of those pesky things. Our back door faces the west but right by the door is the outside wall for the dining room where those pesky things bask in the sun. Then they try to get into the house, and some succeed. We will probably have to keep doing that for a while until the temps make them disappear.

Today I'm picking up Jim around 9:30 to take him to Walmart to buy a TV and then on to his new home. I think he is really happy about this and I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a bad decision. The only thing he really would have liked is a kitchen of his own. I told him that it is probably better this way as his memory is not really good plus if he had a kitchen he would have to find/buy cookware and dishes. This way he doesn't have to worry about that or even clean up the mess. In the long run I think it will be good.

I worked a little on the dishtowels for my oldest grandson as a Christmas gift. They are Pokemon characters that I found online and traced. They are more involved for the embroidery than the ones I did for my daughter so will take a longer time to complete.

Off now for some breakfast and coffee before heading out. Have a great day eveyone!
            Carlie

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              Carlie, Asian beetles...yuck. Normally they aren't a problem this far north in MN, but one year they were terrible. Not sure why. I vacuumed them up constantly. At my Dad's house near Brainerd they are always bad. My sister and I were there early in Oct. working to clear out the garage (we are in the process of selling the house to our current renters), and they were flying all over, getting down our necks, etc.

Good morning all.

Didn't participate yesterday. I had to go into the store to talk with my manager and tell him I didn't think I would be back in November. He understood, but I still hate doing that to him and my coworkers. We have a surrounding county where the unique seven day positivity rate is 30 percent!

Patsy proved she can't be trusted to be left alone. I put up a baby gate in the hall that leads to the sewing room and my office, and closed the door to the master bedroom and laundry room, giving her access to only the kitchen and the living room. She can jump onto the kitchen chairs and onto the table, so I put the chairs close to the table...all except one that I didn't think she could get on. She proved me wrong. She ate all the bread (only about six slices) and a bun that was sitting on the table. Then, for whatever reason, she knocked the fence down enough that she got on the other side. She couldn't figure out how to get back across, so when I got home she was trapped behind the gate. However, nothing in the office or sewing room was bothered. When I start having to go back to work, she's going to have to go into the laundry room behind the gate. We can put it into the door jamb in such a way that can keep her from knocking it over. Of course, she might figure out how to jump over it anyway. If that happens then we'll just have to shut the door. I hate doing this, but I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything I can to calm he down before we go.

We'll likely take her with us today when I have to go in and get my eye shot. Cheryl won't be able to go into the office due to COVID, so she can sit out in the car with her while I'm inside. We only have one other stop to make, which won't be an issue because Cheryl can sit with her again while I take care of what I need done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• K. McEuen
              K. McEuen commented
              Editing a comment
              Just be glad Patsy isn't a great dane. A friend had one years ago that ate a ketchup bottle off the table while they were gone. Yes, the whole bottle, except for the cap and the little bit it was screwed on to. A GLASS bottle. He called the vet and was told to give Duke some bread so any pieces of glass would be taken to the stomach from the mouth or throat. Those bottles are thick, so the glass doesn't really form shards. Jim was on the phone with me telling me all about this, then asked if I had some bread. I said yes and ran it down the street to him. When I got there Jim had about a half a loaf of bread, feeding Duke slice after slice. I started laughing and asked him how much had he given Duke. He looked at the bag and said "I guess about a loaf and a half." Needless to say, I took my bread home after explaining that "some" meant 2or 3 slices, at most. I also told him not to feed Duke the next day until that bread came out. Friend and dog were both fine the next day.

• minipinlady
              minipinlady commented
              Editing a comment
              Jack leaves the tv on for the dogs when ever we have to leave them alone, not too often but Jack thinks it helps for them to hear something besides silence. I leave a small bowl of dry catfood for them, Anxiety eating goes a bit slower with tiny pieces.
              I watched Cesear once talking about how people crank their dogs up when they leave, walking out the door backwards talking baby talk thru the crack of the door before they finally close it. Just thinking about that video makes me laugh a lot. It was so funny !

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              When we had Toffee (minpin mix with a kangaroo, I think), we used 2 baby gates stacked on top of each other. It was taller than I was, but it was the only way to keep him in the laundry room.

Good morning!
            Yesterday I went to visit with one daughter and her family. Tomorrow is my youngest grandchild's first birthday so I brought his presents to him. They aren't having a party for him due to Covid. It was a fun visit with the three grandchildren! When I got to their house, I picked up the baby from the floor so I could hold him. When I was leaving their place and got in my car, I found out that I pulled a muscle in my back when I picked him up. It's much better today--- he is a heavy little guy!
            For his birthday, I made a teddy bear for him from the outfit that my daughter wore to school on her first day of kindergarten. Her "cow jumper" was her favorite outfit. She was surprised that I still had it. Here are some photos of the bear and of my daughter and grandson with the bear. The first picture is of my daughters on their first day of school back in 1988 so that you can see the jumper in one piece.

20201029_195330.jpg 20201102_090345.jpg 20201102_090412.jpg 20201102_164147.jpg

I need to make a trip to Walmart sometime today. That's all the I have to get done. So I'll be able to work on Valley Blossoms.
            Hope everyone has a happy day!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• jjkaiser
              jjkaiser commented
              Editing a comment
              That's amazing, what a great job you did transforming that into a bear. A coincidence, my dd also had a cow dress and matching cow ankle socks when she was in kindergarten that I somehow managed to save so her dau could wear them. I live in Wis so naturally I would save a cow dress!

• srgreene
              srgreene commented
              Editing a comment
              What a wonderful idea. Love the teddy bear and sweet pics of family.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              What a great job you did in transforming the outfit into a bear. It will be treasured for sure.

You have a beautiful family =) The teddy bear is priceless. I really like the sentiment.

Comment

Working...
            X