Please Pray for my friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Pray for my friend

My best friend in my game world , Gaynor hadn't been in the game for over 2 weeks. I have been worried about her. I was worried she caught that dreaded virus, a plague really. I sent her an email for Halloween. I knew when I didn't hear from her that day something was wrong. I had an email from her just now. Not good news.

2 weeks ago she became dehydrated and was quite ill and in a lot of pain. After 5 days she started feeling like she couldn't think straight and asked her brother to take her to Emergency. She hadn't been able to eat for those 5 days. They kept her in the hospital. First it was kidney stones and the pain was severe. The blood tests showed something even worse. She was sent to Sudbury hospital for more tests. She lives here in Ontario, in Lake Elliot. It was for Bone marrow tests. She has Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. They told her , the good news in the midst of terrible news is if you're going to have cancer that's the better one. From what I read if there is no cure for it, how is that the best kind ? They told her most people live about 10 years with it. Google says people over 75 and she is close to that, have less than a 70% of surviving 5 years with it
    I had to google it. I stopped reading it at that point, because it started giving life estimates based on what stage the cancer is at. At stage 4 or 5 , you might have a year and a half left.
    Meanwhile she is waiting to hear if they are going to do a surgery to remove the lodged kidney stones.
    I can't believe this is real. We have been friends for 10 years. In my cartoon world which is very real to those of us that play, she is my best friend. We stay in touch outside of game world, real life cards, emails , an occasional phone call.
    Today's holiday is the " Day of the Dead". What horrible news to get today that my friend is dying. While we know Mother Nature does her best to find any weak spot, to call us back to the earth, as we age, it is still hard for the heart to accept.
    I now am thinking my being haunted all week , is something sent to tell me I am not alone. All this time at night in prayers I ask my family ,friends , and pets be spared from the plague. In spite of the plague, all other diseases and such still exist.
    I thank you with all my heart for your prayers for Gaynor. She is a terrific lady , originally born in England in the same town as the man who wrote Lord of the Rings was born in. Like me she came to Canada when she was 10. Her little dog died on her birthday a few months ago. Her dogs birthday was the same day as hers. He went to sleep on the bed and never woke up. She spent the day digging a grave in her garden and planting flower bulbs above his body , and filled the grave with tears. They kept her in the hospital for 10 days , she came home Halloween day.

Prayers on the way. I understand what you are going through as I’m there with my best friend.
    Carlie

Comment

Lifting Gaynor up in prayer as well as you.

Sandy

Comment

I’m so terribly sorry about your friend. I will pray for her. It’s so hard when you get to a certain age and begin losing your friends. It’s happening to me, too.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          It is truly a test of faith and belief systems when we see others checking out before us. Sometimes I think it should be the dead praying for us rather than the other way around. They have more time and less suffering to pray, and the living seem to need the prayers more. If I ever wrote a book I think that would be a lovely piece of fiction to add to it.

Lifting prayers.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh my! I'm so sorry! Beginning prayers for your friend. I can't imagine what both of you are going. Keep us posted. Gina

Comment

Special thoughts for your special friend. May she be comforted knowing that others care.

Comment

Adding you and your friends to my prayers!

Comment

You and your friend will be in my thoughts. I am so sorry you are both going through this. Take the estimates of how much time left with a grain of salt, they are averages and in my opinion not that accurate. I have had friends whose drs gave them 6 mos then died within a month, and others given 9-12 mos who are still here 5 years later. Also try not to Google too much it will just drive you crazy, and I think not that helpful either. My dh is in remission from lymphoma so I know where you are at.

Comment

• minipinlady
                  minipinlady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the encouragement. You are right. I pray your DH will stay in remission for a very long time .

I will add my prayers as well.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thank you everyone so much. I understand the power and strength in the prayers of 2 or more.

Comment

Prayers said for Gaynor. I’m so sorry. Very scary....
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Praying. And sending many positive thoughts.

Comment

My prayers are with your friend and with you for your comfort

Comment

I am a chemotherapy nurse, and I echo what jjkaiser wrote about survival time. Those are statistical averages, based on thousands of patients. Individual patients can and do defy the odds.

As an example, I have a patient who was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. Not a good prognosis at all. That was in 2009, and he is still with us and still looks pretty darn good. You just never know. There is always hope. CLL is very treatable. It may not be curable, but it is a chronic illness that one can live with for a long time.

Comment

• minipinlady
                            minipinlady commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This is wonderful encouragement , thank you. Between the news and and google yesterday , it was overwhelming. Today feels a lot more hopeful now that I have had time to digest the news.
                        Working...
                        X