Daylight Savings Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings Time

Don't forget....it's tomorrow...set your clocks back before going to bed tonight.
    I know a few lucky states that don't have to change their clocks...wish I was one of them.

I’m setting all my clocks back to January 20 before the first covid death in Washington. I hope it works.

Comment

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen, Amen, Amen !!

My grandmother always complained about it especially in the Spring when she “lost” an hour of sleep. She said she was tired until we changed the clocks to the right time. I get mixed up with the time difference between here and Arizona. My in-laws live in Arizona and they don’t do daylight savings so I get confused as to whether they are one or two hours behind us.
    Carlie

Comment

I've been promising our local politicians for years that I will vote for whoever promises to do away with Daylight Savings Time. So far, no takers; I have to flip a coin every election... 😁
      Last edited by SallyO'Sews; October 31, 2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

But wait!

We have to repeat the same hour again. I say we lose an hour.

Comment

I've already changed ours so I don't forget!

Comment

No need. I'm retired and never bothered to set them forward.
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• KarenC
              KarenC commented
              Editing a comment
              Retired or not, I would always be so confused if I didn't change it!

• auntstuff
              auntstuff commented
              Editing a comment
              Been doing it for more than a decade, and not having to be anywhere makes it moot.I really don't CARE what time it is, unless I have an appointment, which is rare.

I woke up this morning and checked the time on the computer. Lay there for a bit, decide to get up. Get downstairs, check the time, oh I lay there for an hour!!! Nope, the clock downstairs doesn't change automatically. DUH!!!!!
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

When little Olive was still with us she totally rejected the whole idea of losing an hour of sleep. She must have had an internal body clock that was permanent. It was comical. Dottie just went with the flow so long as she didn’t miss a meal or a treat.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

DH started changing our clocks Friday, then did most of the rest of them yest. He leaves the MW & K. stove clocks for me to do before I got to bed. I also did the clock on the msg. recorder & my BR clock radio. When I checked my blood sugar this a.m., I realized I need to change the time on my glucometer. The next time I drive the cars, I'll change those clocks. It's a nuisance to have to do this twice a year! Give me standard time all year 'round!

Comment

• MAMSAN
                  MAMSAN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You and me both

someone come do my stove clock!!! can't get it done. 😰

Comment

• Rhonda K
                  Rhonda K commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you post a picture of the clock?

I did ours last night. Press the "clock" button. Press the "- minus" button " one time to go back one hour on the clock.

• KarenC
                  KarenC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a GE microwave and stove. I need to press "set clock", put in correct time, and press "Start"

• nativetexan
                  nativetexan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha. i had tried the + and - buttons but my fingers don't press hard enough it seems.
                  Got it done! thanks.

Bunny woke me up this morning. She didn't find her morning carrot at what her internal body clock said was her usual time, and made a bit of a racket. Who knew a little 3 1/2 pound bundle of fluff could be so demanding? And yes, she got her carrot. 🥕🤣

Comment

• Cokie
                  Cokie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's cute, Julie. I guess bunnies have their own personalities just like everyone else.

• lovemyavy
                  lovemyavy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too cute, Julie. Pets are so wonderful!

Hubs is doing colonoscopy prep today so an extra hour of no chewing. Bah. I'm doing intermittent fasting today since I'm not cooking anyway. My stomach is growling already. Apparently it didn't get the message about the clock change. Double bah.

Sandy

​​​

Comment

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DH & I are of an age that they no longer recommend regular colonoscopies unless symptoms necessitate the scope. The prep is not fun.

• srgreene
                  srgreene commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Joy you got me all excited. I googled the recommendations and bummer it looks like we've both got probably two more to look forward to since we're both higher risk and on 5 year rotations. Shoot.

Last year we got a new car and when I changed the clock it messed up everything else on the dashboard readouts and took me 45 mins to reset it all. It's a Prius so has lots of various dashboard screens. I am holding my breath that I am able to change the time tomorrow with a little less hassle.

Comment

• MSN
                  MSN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My car has a switch to turn DST off or on. It sounds great, but I have to make my way through about 6 levels of menus to find that switch, then figure out how to back out of all of that. I think I got it, though, without messing up anything else.

Originally posted by Paisley View Post
                I’m setting all my clocks back to January 20 before the first covid death in Washington. I hope it works.
                Hahahaha.....we could only wish!!
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                X