Floor Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Lamps

When the state arrived this week, I was told to get rid of the floor lamps or to secure them. I hid them behind furniture, but it was not enough.

My house is old enough that we don't have overhead lighting.

The problem is that now we have difficult times and I cannot afford to buy wall lights.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix these types of lamps - https://bestlightguide.com
    Last edited by Urilior; November 8, 2020, 01:43 PM.

light bulb.jpg
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

The State? I don't understand. are they unsafe for tripping on the cords?? I tend to not like overhead lights anyway. I do have some but don't like them over my bed, nor a ceiling fan.

Comment

Please share why "the State" is examining your home & telling you what you can & can't have.

Comment

Not sure why the "state" whoever that is is checking on your home. They may be concerned about the wiring being exposed. You might want to check with them to see if this type of a product is what they are suggesting. It would secure the wires along a channel from the existing outlet, up against the wall and across the ceiling to the light. You can paint the product to match your colors and the wire would virtually disappear. If the wiring itself is safe and the covering is not cracking, or splitting, you should be okay. Have they pointed you to a violation of some sort? Sorry to hear this, but there must a solid reason. If you were getting ready to sell the house, a home inspector would site what I'm seeing in the picture. Hanging wires through metal hooks in the ceiling. Yikes.
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

This is either upcoming spam or someone on the wrong forum.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

His profile says Ontario. Maybe the state there does random inspections, or re-evaluates for prop taxes?

Comment

Working...
              X