Bond, James Bond has died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bond, James Bond has died.

Bar none, Sean Connery was my all-time favorite sigh guy. He WAS James Bond. He was also a ponytail wearing researcher ziplining thru the jungle in Medicine Man. To list my yowzer guys he's at the top. Shed a few tears over his passing this a.m. If you didn't like him, well, please don't post here. This comes from one of his biggest fans. Gina

Nooooooooo...I hadn’t heard that😢. He was the ultimate James Bond and every other character he played . I loved him in Hunt For Red October. RIP
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb, who could forget Sean in a military uniform!!!! Just watched that this week. He died overnight in the Bahamas. Gina

I’m so sorry to hear this.....😥😥😥. He and Tom Selleck are my two favorites.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• BethB
      BethB commented
      Editing a comment
      I liked Sean Connery too, but Tom Selleck is my all time favorite!!!! I watched the old Magnum PI's on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries everyday until they moved it to 3 a.m.

Nancy

As a Bond freak, this saddens me immeasurably. My college advisor was stationed at Fort Knox when they filmed "Goldfinger". Connery wasn't there, but he said the whole thing looked so fake as they were filming it, but then when he saw the movie he was amazed how real things looked.

"Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger?"
    "No Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

Gold finger was the first Bond movie I saw. I think I’ve seen them all but the older ones are my faves. I really liked him in Hunt For Red October, too.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I just read that. I loved watching him. especially loved his voice! dripping with warmth. Scots, you gotta love them!😢

Comment

Oh no, I hadn't heard that. We just watched Hunt for the Red October, one of my hubby's favorite movies and I was thinking just how handsome he became as he grew older. Another favorite for me was Darby O'Gill and the Little People.
          Carlie

Comment

DH is sleeping but he will be devastated! He is the biggest James Bond fan and Sean Connery was his absolute favorite. I couldn't begin to count all of the James Bond movies we've watched through the years.

Comment

Sad to hear this. DH & I are huge James Bond/Sean Connery fans. We've watched his James Bond movies so many times that I think we have the scripts memorized. He was an outstanding actor & true gentleman.

Comment

Legendary Bond, James Bond. RIP

Comment

The last movie I watched of his was the one with Catherine Zeta Jones. During the promotion, I saw an interview with him where he stated that he thought it was okay to hit your wife if she deserved it!!! I lost all respect for him and quit watching.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• osewme
                    osewme commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yikes! I hadn't heard that. What a shame.

Incredible news... So sad....one of the last of the “He’s all man” actors.
                  "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

It broke my heart, too. I feel the need, the need for a James Bond Marathon. Howard had all of the DVDs. The kids bought them for him, but he only put up with Bond because of me.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

sean connery.jpg I absolutely love him ! I read of his passing this morning. Netflix had recently added Hunt for Red October, so I was watching that last week. I also adored him in the Untouchables. He was a great actor. He is the only actor I know of that got better with age.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                        Nwmnteacher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree....he aged well, got more handsome the older he got.

• geegeequilts
                        geegeequilts commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, like fine wine! I assume, since I don't drink, lol! Yowzer! Gina

I've watched The Rock so many times!! Love him! I have seen him in the bond movies. Teamed with Nicolas cage..loved it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X