It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday

Well good morning. I have been up for quite some time. I will be so tired by the end of the day it won't be funny. Oh well, such is life, right?

I had a good day at work, relatively easy as everything was done for me. I work today too at a different post office. After work I need to pick up a few groceries and one more box of Halloween candy. I may or may not have enough. I would rather have too much than not enough.

Other than that, not much happening.

Have a great Friday everyone. And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning!

Monique, happy your day went well.....always a good thing!

We finally had a day without rain, so the lawn got taken care of as well as some of the flower beds. There’s still more to do, but most of the flowers still look good in 1 bed, so maybe next week.

Looks like our social security is all taken care of....now we just wait for the cards and copies of all the paper work. Now on to pension papers.....still waiting for some important doc to come in.....

Haven't sewn in I don’t remember how long......seems like all I want to do is play my hammered dulcimer......and Christmas music at that! 🎼

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! ❣️
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      I can about imagine what is going on with all the paperwork. Dave and I originally planned on retiring at the same time (he is only 16 days older than me) but his knees could no longer take the work (he was a diesel mechanic and the last couple of years worked a lot on the big trailers which required him to be on his knees for hours). So he retired just a little over a year before I did. We struggled to get some of the paperwork done, especially for the pension and 401K from his employer but it worked out okay. For me it seemed like everything went very smooth. Maybe it was because my employer had a packet and kept me in the loop all the time. Hope things get completed quickly for you.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll be ready for a Christmas concert.

Happy Friday!

Still getting acquainted with the new surroundings. Hubby is still looking for work. We love our new home in Rogers, AR!
    2729 W Highland Circle 08.28.20.jpg
    Hopefully this weekend, hubby and I will get more unpacking done and I will get some organization done in the new sewing space! I am getting anxious to get UFOs finished!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy for you in getting back to the part of the country that makes you happy.

• 201 Treadler
      201 Treadler commented
      Editing a comment
      lovely home, wishing you many happy years there.

Am not sure if your aware your picture file name, is viewable to non members.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Sherri, you have a beautiful home.

Good morning!

It's another wet start to the day here. The rain should taper off by this afternoon, with a high in the mid 40's.

The county I live in was not upgraded to the dreaded Covid level purple...we remain in the red. Our company president had a town hall yesterday afternoon. He usually takes questions at the end, submitted via email. Every other question had the word purple in it! It was nice to hear, however, that I am not the only employee who has been perturbed by others not following the mask guidelines when on site. I think people will start to shape up, though. The penalty for deliberate non-compliance is a 90 day suspension without pay.

I finished making masks for my friend! I am glad that is done, mask making is not something I enjoy. Now I can get back to work on my curved log cabin. That one is going to take a while.

I couldn't resist sharing this picture. That is not my bunny, but she looks almost exactly like this one. I can honestly say it never would have occurred to me to make a pumpkin look like her. It made me smile.

Have a wonderful day!

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 6.51.37 PM.png

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s such a cute picture. If your bunny looks like that I understand why you love her so much.

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter had a white rabbit with a perfect black rectangle across his nose, we named in Groucho (Groucho Marx). She had 3 different rabbits at one time. Now my granddaughter has a pure white one... Milo... his 2-story cage built by my son is on the living room floor, he is spoiled and liter box trained. With everyone being at home these days he gets to spend alot more time outside his cage.

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      That's such a cute picture of the bunny and his pumpkin look-alike! Good for your employer for creating a policy on mask wearing that people will pay attention to!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Aww, what a cute bunny pic, Julie! Monique ~ I woke up early, too. My L. knee was hurting too much to sleep, so I got up, took some pain med., & sat in the recliner for 15 min. with heat on my knee & listened to my Brotherly Love CD. The med. is starting to kick in.

Shermur ~ What a nice house you found. I hope you're feeling at home in AR.

Yest. was another beautiful fall day -- sunny & 66 deg. The snow is all gone except for where it was piled up. My geraniums all turned brown after the snow & low temps. The pots need to be emptied. The forecast looks like good weather ahead for a while.

I baked DH's spelt bread yest. The house always smells so good. I took some fabric out of the drawer & looked at it. I'm thinking of using it for that Zoo Dwellers pattern Katrina made a while back. I'll have to do some planning ahead to make it the size I want. Maybe I can distract myself (& the knee) by doing some sewing. I do need to run to the store for some salmon; DH's supply is getting low. I usually buy 3 large filets & cut it into 1 person servings. If I go today, I'll drive DH's car to give it some "exercise". I drive it out on the hwy. & co. roads on the way to the store.

DS#1 in MD took this week off work to work on his storage shed, but it's rained almost every day. I think they got remnants of Zeta.

Time to get on with my day. DH is waiting for breakfast.

Comment

Good morning,

Happy to see Friday roll in and a quiet day. We had such a good time yesterday with DD and DGS. It was hard for him to wait until after dinner for the candy hunt. I made fish tacos with pineapple salsa. He loved the dino saber light sword from grandpa. It makes lots of noise so that went home with him. The bag I made was stuffed with goodies.

The mirror I ordered is in already so I'll make a curbside pick up later today. PT in the afternoon and then it's a stitching weekend.

Julie, Pumpkin bunny is adorable!

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes me smile!!

Good Morning all,

This morning we are above freezing and headed for the mid 40's for a high. No rain or snow in the forecast and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's. It doesn't sound like there will be much trick or treating which is very sad as it would have been an excellent & fun time for the kids with how warm it is supposed to be.

Picked up Jim yesterday and ran him to Walmart. I'll be glad when he finally gets into his apartment and I won't be getting weekly calls to take him someplace. It sounds like I will be taking him to his new place this coming Tuesday. He found out that his clothing will be covered by this waiver he was approved for. The waiver he has will take his social security check each month and he will get $100 from it. If he doesn't have to buy clothes or food he should be okay. They are even going to supply him with furniture. The only thing he would like is a television which he says he will buy before he gets to the new place.

My breakfast with my friend was a bust. I just got to the restaurant when I noticed she had texted me. Couldn't find her keys and she was going to be late. When I looked at the text I must have hit something as I ended up called her but hung up. A few minutes later she called. She said she still could not find her keys. I said something about coming to her house and it sound like she got very emotional (she usually is a very calm person) and I stopped pressing. Heavens sake, if your house is a mess, so what. I would be coming to see her, not her house. Anyway, she said we would get together maybe next week. I wanted to drop off the quilt but she got a little upset when I mentioned it so I still have the quilt.

Today I will be cleaning out the fridge before the garbage man gets here and then I need to make the baked beans for tomorrow. I bought some squash when I got groceries on Monday so I think I'll bake those up as well. Once they are in the works I'll take care of the floors. Still didn't get to them yesterday.

I did get upstairs to sew a little last night. The Irish Change is a challenge for me putting the quilted squares together. I did a couple then set them aside. I don't want to get frustrated with it as then I know I'll make mistakes. Instead I cut out the borders for the mystery quilt I made several months ago and then I looked at the leftover fabric from Lori's quilt and have put together a plan to make a pillow to go with her quilt.

I very much enjoyed sharing my quilts with everyone over the last week. I was very surprised that I had so many to share. Through the years it seems as if I haven't done much. This showed me that I've done a ton more than I really remember. When I started thinking about what I would post I wondered if I would have enough for 3 days, then looking through pictures I would remember. It was a great journey for me, too! Everyone was very kind with their comments.

That's about it for this morning. Hope everyone has a most marvelous day!
      Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        One of the things that amazes me about everyone who has shared is the number of quilts they have made. We are quite a prolific group of quilters.

• Mimi_Howard
        Mimi_Howard commented
        Editing a comment
        My mom used to say.... your housework will always be there, your kids won't. Enjoy them first and if friends drop by when house is a mess and doesn't like it.. well they really aren't your friends!

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb ~ Some of us on the Forum have made so many quilts, we probably could do round 2 of sharing. It's been really fun to see all the quilts & projects. Thanks for coming up with the idea. Let's keep it going!

Good Morning All,

Hate to admit it, but I guess I'm a Florida girl now. A cold front moved through yesterday afternoon late. I noticed when Gabby went out for the last time last night it was definitely cooler. This morning, I opened the back door. Started to step out (still in bare feet and pajamas) like I do every morning. Nope, I'm not doing that this morning! I sent her out and stood by the closed door. She looked at me at the steps, like what are you waiting for! Any, she took care of her business pretty darned quick!

Mike had a little lizard in his room last night. He caught it and took it out. When Joe gets here, I have several questions about the porch and cracking of the concrete pad. I think I may need to get the concrete caulking to go around where the house and decking meet. I started a list for my BIL to help me with. He asked for it, so I'm just obliging him by making it!

I did get the timer set to work on the Thanksgiving tree. I like having it over in the corner, out of the way. Mike wants me to use our traditional blown glass ornaments this year, since the kids won't be here as much, if at all. I think I will. I've missed them.

I did clean and reorganize the spice cabinet yesterday. The rest of the cabinets look fine on the insides, so I think I'll do the doors today. I need to work on cleaning up my sewing room too.

Have a great day!

Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning Everyone ~ I’ve been up for quite a while but I had to pay bills first thing.

Did you see Jennys new tutorial? I like the pattern but maybe in a different colorway. I also got my new BLOCK idea book a few days ago...very nice issue.

We got a good frost last night. The rain has stopped so we will make a trip to our bank today. We just do this once a month. Our bank shut down in February. It was an ordeal getting everything transferred and set up with the new bank in Houston.

Nicki (osewme) has posted her first day of Sharing. I can’t wait to see more.

I’m off to eat a bite and see what I can get involved in. Food first.

Happy Friday friends.....Hugs

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, Barb. I wasn't keen on the red, green, & black.

drive a stick.jpg Is it me or are the weeks zipping by in the blink of an eye ? Tomorrow is Halloween. I do love that day .
        Had an unsettling night occurence last night...not sure what to make of it. I awoke at 345am to hear footsteps in the small hallway, and they stopped in my doorway. I sleep with the door open. My 2 little dogs heard it too and went crazy barking, really upset. Then I heard the footsteps walk into the living room. So I got up and planned to take the dogs outside, since they were awake. At first I thought it must be Jack up early, tho' it didn't sound like his foot steps, he is a heavy stomper even when he tip toes. The dogs wouldn't move off the bed, still upset. So I went out to the living room, then the kitchen, no one there . Then I started feeling nervous about the whole thing, worried it made have been an intruder. I checked all the doors, all still locked. So I went to Jack's room, then to Lisa's room, both were still asleep. I asked Jack this morning if it had been him. It wasn't. He said he didn't hear anything. He never does. My daughter walks lighter than a cat, but will ask her when she gets up if it was her or did she hear anything. The great thing about dogs is they hear it too, you didn't imagine it or dream it. Today I want to double check the basement door and windows.
        My daughter in law had random pains and was queasy last night, I expected to hear she went to the hospital in labor. She has a doctor's appointment today.
        Today is sunny tho' cold. Nice change from grey and rainy. Have a real nice weekend . lawn witches.jpg

Comment

• 201 Treadler
          201 Treadler commented
          Editing a comment
          oh heavens that is scary. I'd like to think it was a loved one, just checking up on you with the possibility of a little one arriving to your family perhaps was visiting.
          Consider changing locks if had a key outside, perhaps park the vacuum behind the entry door or a wind chime to alert you earlier.
          fingers crossed all goes well with little one.
          T

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the kind thoughts =) I am going thru' the house double checking everything today. We had a lurker last year, that I saw hiding in my neighbors doorway and then sneak over into our driveway and head for my doorway. Scared the hell out of me then.It's a good neighborhood here , but since the lurker, I am more vigilant than ever here. With Jack going away this weekend I need to know the house is safe before he leaves.

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Madonna, Before Jeff and I got married I had a stalker. You don’t want this to happen to you. Pay attention to who is around you and make sure your doors and windows are locked at night. You can’t be too careful. ....

Good Morning to all. Woke at 2, coffee at 3, laid back down at 4 and zzzzzzzzzzz until 8am. Not sure which is more exhausting, lack of a good sleep pattern or too many wierd dreams. Oh well I can nap later.

Yesterday I got some good news, doctor office called and I passed my mammogram... woo hoo happy dance and while dancing the dentist office called, and I agreed to a dental cleaning today at 3:30. I am a BIG baby when it comes to dentist, and with my horrible dental genes, well I get quarterly cleanings. With COVID that schedule went out the window and so almost a year now since last cleaning... it is time.. On the bright side I only have hours to stress vs days or even weeks waiting on the appt.

I did make it to grocery yesterday and remembered the bread flour and made a loaf yesterday. The house was smelling so yummy until I decided to clean out my wall heaters and turn them on to test them. No matter how much precleaning, that first turn on produces such as stink. Opened up the house and it didn't last too long. Tried some handsewing of the binding and after 2 bandaids I put it aside. Need more practice... horrible at trying to watch the needle and tv at the same time!

Today... laundry and light house work. Too nervous to sit still and handsew, after the dental appt I can give it a try again tonight.

Here's to a safe and happy day to all!

Comment

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Yippee! Happy dance here for passing your mammogram!! Gina

Hi all.

Very little report today. Patsy was sick this morning, although I don't think anything is seriously wrong. She threw up, but otherwise seems just as energetic as ever. Going to watch the treats for a while to let her tummy settle down.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks all. Bassets are known for stomach issues. Droopy did the same thing. Our vet then told us as long as she's not lethargic or doesn't keep doing it, she would be fine. Luckily, if the need arises, we have access to 24 hour care, but right now I can't see that happening.

Patsy barks "thank you!"

Rob

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope Patsy is feeling better this evening!

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Patsy ate her supper and seems just fine. I think whomever had her before us (the person responsible for her emaciation) also beat her. Cheryl was eating a sandwich and Patsy jumped up on her. I yelled "Patsy" and she immediately fell to the ground on her back with her tail between her legs. Of course, we've never hit her, but it's obvious to me someone has. Just makes my blood boil.

Rob

Great news on your mammo! This is the time for good news.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi everyone,
          Today we have had sunshine it was warmer inside 18 degrees c.
          Yesterday we had rain and struggled to raise the temperature from 15 degrees c, in the end we sat in living room with fire on, room door closed to rest of home, we always keep room door open to air the home, anyway when it got a bit warm we adjusted the temperature by opening the room door, a cat width, both boys were purring on sofa on there backs with tummy's in air.😁

Have been struggling with ailments, while worn out, am not able to sleep due to them, even taking the liquid sleep potion, blah its a vicious circle.
          last night finally gave in, read a book, the dyslexia font sure does help tired eyes. Hoped could drop off to sleep, ( Christmas at the little wedding shop, Jane Linfoot, it is about a bridezilla wedding preparations, some sewing and back stories but the picture on front has a sewing machine.)

Found a frustrating free driving game 'hill climb racing' on the ms store, it is frustrating because keep crashing but the throttle and brake pedals work ok on the computer screen, spent the stage points making improvements, opening up new stages, there is a xmas stage that is fun. need to do something that is quiet while the boys sleep i used to sew but do not have the energy yet.

We managed to finish making, the storage box for under the air oven fryer, its taken 4 months of team work ailments, time, weather, ect. but now hides the air fryer accessories.
          We made from pallet wood which we covered in a sticky back plastic of black marble normally used for kitchen areas, but thought better to use a lap joint (L shape) recessed a floor tile in the top for the air fryer to stand on. we are pleased with it. Although the hinges were bought online, and turned out to be so large can hang an outside door! whoopsie slightly over engineered.😁😂 Its been another learning experience for himself.
          while miss just drawing and saying can you make this afore his head hitting floor, at least its been something done together with a lot of laughter.
          Have fun,
          Have a great evening,
          T

Comment

Hello, everyone, it's raining... it's pouring... and winds are blowing! So it looks like another good day to be quilting, right? I need to iron a quilt top or it won't be ready when the backing fabric arrives in the mail tomorrow.
            The weekend meal will be made later this afternoon... pork lo mein from scratch. Lunch is shrimp scampi, yummm. When I was working, I'd make big meals in the slow cooker. I seldom use it now that I'm retired and finding that cooking really can be fun!
            I do so enjoy reading about everyone's pets. I've always had dogs in my life, they are such good company. Our latest, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, died in August at the age of 12. We're moving through the grieving process and almost ready to get another dog. I figure that we have time and energy for one more before we kick the bucket or move into a 'home'.
            Time for a cuppa tea and a bagel.
            Have a great day~

Comment

Working...
            X