Hurricane Zeta & Pam Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Zeta & Pam Update

I just heard from Pam (pcbatiks) and they weren't involved in the latest hurricane, Zeta. Now we need to hear from Claire Hallman, who lives in Alabama.
    Last edited by Bubby; October 29, 2020, 01:10 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Thankful for that. Praying all is well with Claire
    Carlie

Comment

Hoping Claire won't have problems with this storm.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hopefully, no news is good news. Keeping finger crossed. Gina

Comment

We did fine, just lost power for a long time [our whole area]. The internet was out, too, so it has taken me a long time to catch up with everything. for some weird reason some of our smoke detectors went crazy while the power was out but they received new batteries and are fine now.
          Thanks for thinking about me.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            And the power went out again, stayed out for 26-28 hours but now it is back and I am totally thankful. I am also ready to replace several smoke detectors. grrr

• TMP
            TMP commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Claire, we are probably 5 to 10 miles apart at the most and our power only blinked on and off. I am glad you were able to save your food. I did read that some areas of Pelham were still without power as of Saturday morning. We had a big mess in the back yard limbs everywhere, the yard guy came today and cleaned that up . I slept through most of it.
            Last edited by TMP; October 31, 2020, 10:30 PM.

So glad to hear that you are o.k., Claire. I know how nerve racking hurricanes can be & also how destructive.

Comment

So glad you are safe and online. We were praying for you.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Glad you are safe Claire!
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

So thankful that Pam and Claire are safe!

Comment

Thanks everyone, we are very lucky to not have any damage and thrilled to have power back before all our food was ruined. So far just the milk was sour, the freezer held great and most of the fridge items were fine. I am going to clear out a few things I am wary of.🙄

Comment

Yay! Safe is good! Gina

Comment

Nature is sometimes not so kind. Glad that you are safe and sound and tossing those things that could cause you challenges. Stay well.
                      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

And then my internet and cable went out. We just got those back a little while ago. I have lots of catching up to do.

Comment

I'm happy to hear that you are safe and did not sustain significant damage. Hugs and prayers to those affected.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                          X