Jerrod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerrod Update

Well, Lemony Snicket called (aka Jerrod... he's changing his name, wink, wink).

He's in the hospital. The antibiotic the ER put him on is not for use for GERD patients. It inhibits corn starch absorption. So his sugar bottomed out last night, first time in well over a year now. Once they figured out they had the wrong meds, and started him on new meds that won't interfer with his small dose of cornstarch he takes at night.

He'll stay in the hospital until his stomach gets rid of all of the old medication. He's still planning to come down this way once his lease is out.

His arm is still giving him a lot of pain. Hopefully, they'll get everything under control.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

This is unfortunate on top of being mauled by his dog. Praying that Jerrod will heal quickly and be able to go back home.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh my goodness. I had missed your post on Saturday about the dog mauling him. My heart breaks for Jerrod, it's bad enough getting attacked by a dog, but when it's your own pup that you have known and loved....well that's heartbreaking. And on top of all that, the complications due to the antibiotics and his GERDs. Please let him know we're thinking of him and praying for a full recovery.

Comment

Oh no! So sorry about his dog attacking him. Will pray that Jerrod starts feeling better soon. Gina

Comment

Awwww poor fellow. I hope the new meds work quickly and that he feels better soon.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Mike and Jerrod filled me in a little more on Kilo. He was Jave's (Jerrod's room mate) dog first, and he was mean to the dog. Jerrod took over when Kilo was 4 months old and tried to make up for the abuse, but the damage was already done. It makes me angry that someone would mistreat a dog like that. Now Jave is trying to get Jerrod a new dog, but he doesn't want one at this point.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Caring thoughts for Jerrod as he recovers.

Comment

This is a horrible thing to have happened, prays for fast healing.
                T

Comment

Working...
                X