It's Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thursday

Good morning friends. Well my day didn't go as planned, of course. Ended up organizing my sewing space instead. It was a disaster. Now I have a little more room to move around. The turkey finally got cooked and it was delicious. I will certainly have enough for lunch today and the next week as well, LOL!!

Today is a work day but I don't have to be there until 10:30. And I work again tomorrow at another post office. Taking all the work I can.

I have printed a knitting pattern that I will take with me today. Hoping I can start that.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning. Another early morning for me. Jeff and the Girls are still sleeping but not for long.

Yesterday I made a quick run to our local grocery store and got beautiful chicken breasts for 69 cents a pound. There was no limit but I just bought four trays to leave some for others to buy. I saw carts filled to the top with them. I cooked one tray and shredded the meat. The rest went into the freezer.

No sewing got done yesterday. I was worn out after shopping. Maybe today.

I think it rained all night. It is supposed to be nicer weather next week.

Monique, doesn’t it feel good to have a tidy sewing room? Have a good day everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a score on chicken breast.

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I've got a bargain when they're $1.49 a pound!😊

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I know, Cathy. I’ve never seen them that price before. They have the skin and bones but I think they are tastier, and the broth is better, than boneless skinless. We will get some good meals from them.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I had a busy day yest. Zoom BSF at 9:15, after which I ran over to 2 groc. stores. Home at 11:30. Had to leave the groc. for DH to unload & put away. My massage appt. was at 11:45. That was a real treat! She really worked over that bad knee & L. leg. Also my back. I have some chronic painful areas. Then a stop at our church to pick up our new directories, which were forever getting here due to the pandemic & the photography business being closed to a long time during the pandemic. Last stops were the bakery & Chipotle's for take-out lunch. The chicken bowl makes 3 meals for me.

It's a much warmer 30 deg. this a.m. We hit 58 yest. & had a sunny day with lots of snow melting. The back yard now is more green than white.

Today I'll be baking DH's spelt bread.

Comment

Morning!

No stomach issues for me this morning! I didn't eat anything spicy yesterday, so that helped.

Much rain from Zeta coming our way today. In fact, it started last night. Patsy is no big fan of going out in the rain, so she might try to hold it for a while. Cheryl did get her outside so she should be fine for a while, but the rest of the day could be interesting.

Spent much of the day yesterday doing work on one of my abandoned writing projects. It was so nice to focus all my energy on something non virus and non presidential for the whole day. I took notes from a book that I found online.

Have a great day all!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you’re feeling better today, Rob. The girls just came indoors and the living room reeks of wet dogs. I think we might be getting fringe rain and wind from Zeta.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Gabby doesn't like the rain either. She'd prefer to be under an umbrella, but that ain't happenin'! She doesn't like getting wet, so rainy days are wait until she's talking to me days. Then she makes quick work of her business.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I get a kick out of my Milka. When we open the door and she sees it raining she just looks up at us like "really?" "You want me to go out in that??" She is a like a cat, hates to get her feet wet. Augie could care less. He just goes out and does his business.

Good Morning Everyone!

Today it is already in the 30's but we are going to be getting much warmer. We warmed up quite nicely yesterday and got to almost 50. We are supposed to warm up again tomorrow and Saturday we may even see upper 50's. Great weather if the kids trick or treat but I'm not sure that any will.

Dave and I went to pick up the wine he ordered on line. It was a very nice drive. We took the dogs and they enjoyed the ride but boy they were tired last night. My poor Milka could hardly keep her eyes open she was so tired from the 2 hour ride. She cannot sleep in the car. I can just hear her "There are just too many things to look at, Mom!"

Got three of the block sets for the Irish Change sewn together last night. They went together okay but I'm going to have to do some fixing of the quilting. I think it is going to work I just have to learn how to do the quilt as you go better.

This morning I will be meeting with my best friend at Perkins, she wants pumpkin pancakes. I contacted her on Monday and she had not been doing well due to the infusion for the breast cancer but is feeling better now. I will be giving her the quilt this morning.

Plans are in the making to go to Jennifer's on Saturday. The two youngest are going to trick or treat at Chuck's grandparent's house and then they will be coming home. Planning on having Carson's favorite, BBQ sandwiches (sloppy joes). I'm making some baked beans and I'm craving some tuna salad as well although none of my grandkids like tuna. Can't figure that one out.

Time for some coffee and to get my last day of sharing online. Have a great day everyone!
      Carlie

Comment

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        There is something about fish and mayo that just do not work great for me. I use to buy pita pockets , cut in half, butter the inside and add in the drained tuna with some shredded lettuce. It was the only time my daughter ate tuna and liked it. To this day I don't like mayo and tuna together. Love mayo with other sandwiches..

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        The health dept. is greatly discouraging any trick-or-treating here. They're suggesting either virtual events or small groups at home. If they can't get the numbers down soon, they will further restrict activities. I'm hoping it won't affect the new massage therapist I just found!

I never use Mayo. I'm a Miracle Whip kind of gal.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I always use Miracle Whip. To me it doesn’t taste right if I don’t. My daughter is the same way. I usually don’t even have Mayo in the house. If I do it is a small jar as my son-in-law prefers it.

Good morning, all,

I've been awake since 30 this morning, and finally gave up and got out of bed at 4. I don't know why that happens .... no rhyme or reason. I spent quite a while browsing quilting sites and videos while waiting for Pat Sloan's daily video. I'll be finishing the laundry today, and checking into the sewing room.

Enjoy your day, everyone.
      Jeanne

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Jeanne...I do the same thing. I attribute it to pandemic stress. This is a fairly common issue for many right now.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was on the going to sleep end of the night. Last time I looked at the clock was around 2.

Good Morning to All. Yesterday was yet another "oops" in the sewing room. The day before I did air sewing 3 times and then quit, yesterday I decided to finish the binding on the last lap quilt, lo and behold I put in on the front first and not the back. And I am NOT good at flipping it to the back and sewing in the ditch from the front and catching it. So pick it out and resew or just hand sew the back. As much as I don't enjoy hand sewing, picking an entire binding off a quilt is even less desirable. Today I WILL finish the last of my gal pal lap quilts! If all goes well I will make a run to grocery store today instead of tomorrow.

Hope all have a warm, safe, and happy day.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Hang in there. I need to learn to bind with my machine. It will happen as soon as my quilts come back from my LAQer.

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        You can glue the binding to the back. Clip to hold until dry. Then SITD.

From the front side, I put a straight pin right into the ditch through to the back. Look on the back and you will know if the stitching will secure the binding edge.

Good morning,

It's our Trick or Treat day with DGS! I am so excited to see him and make some fun for a few hours. The joy of a child makes my day! There are still a couple of things to pick up at the store---candy and cupcakes!

Today is laundry and pay bills. That's no fun but necessary! Then into the sewing room. I've been watching videos for my serger. It's intimidates me a little but I'm gaining confidence. There is one teacher at our LQS and I may ask her for private lessons to help me.

Monique-Congrats on the organizing. It feels so good.

Joy, Nice that your temps are warming up!

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Wishing you a blessed time with your DGS today. It will be magic for both of you!

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I had somewhere close that I could take my serger in. It's a Viking Husky, that belonged to Melinda's mother. I don't know what my fear about that thing is, but it scares me. I guess, I'm afraid I'll break it. Even though my Huskavarna/ Viking repair person said it's one of the best made models and I can't break it.

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Katrina, Go for it!

You can probably find help on you tube tutorials. Do you have the manual? Thread cones?

I am finally understanding the beast... overlock,chain,cover, wave, and rolled hems.

Good morning!

It is dark and rainy here. The forecast is for rain all day and a high near 50.

The governor is supposed to announce today whether or not my county is going to Covid level purple. I'm hoping there won't be another run on the grocery stores. I was going to stop by Fresh Thyme to get some greens for the bunny. I have to pick up her medication refill, and the vet is out that way. I don't get the impression another lockdown is imminent. I know my employer will switch back to all remote work. A few of the local school districts may go back to all virtual learning, as well.

I spent some time in the sewing room yesterday and sewed several masks. I'm making them for a friend of mine. Two more to go and I am done. I made a couple that were seasonal. I am probably sending more than she needs, but I figure she can share with some of her friends.

My work computer just dinged, time to get back to it. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
        Mimi_Howard commented
        Editing a comment
        I have my crew on the lookout for corn meal. My grocery store has not had it for weeks now. We may or maynot have dressing this year with the turkey.

Good Morning All,

It was a busy day. Diane (aka Nana) picked me up for Bible Study. Her sister had 6 shots in her back on Monday and wasn't feeling great yesterday. She wasn't sure she was going, but she met us at church. After Bible Study, we went to lunch at Dockside. We ate fresh seafood, really fresh... on the water. We watched the gulls and pelicans. As we left, the birds had found a school of fish and were having a high ol' time out in the intercoastal.

Mike and I went to the shed to pick up the tree and Thanksgiving decorations. He'd changed the oil in the car while I was gone. I felt bad that I didn't take anything home for him to eat, but we'd had seafood earlier in the week and he doesn't like it that close together. So I took him to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. We got the 2 for $20 honey bourbon chicken. I brought half of mine home. I'll have it today for lunch.

I did order the cream tone on tone on the Sewquestor quilt. I'll use it for the sashing and set in triangles. I'll go from there to see how much bigger I need to make the borders. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the fabric in. I'll put the blocks in my to do box hope everything stays together. I g,uess it would be a good day to tackle the sewing room or the kitchen. Neither are high on my list of want to dos, but they are high on the list of have to do.

Have a wonderful day. If you're where it's cold stay warm dry and safe. If you're where it's hot, supposed to be 90 here today, stay cool.

Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        I love Ruby Tuesday. We don't have any here. When my sis & I took a trip to PA in 2003, we ate at the RT several times.

My mojo was MIA yesterday. Did next to nothing, a pot of chili and sewed a small window draft catcher. Today I need to get yesterdays errands done. The Hubs is having his routine colonoscopy Monday and I've got to get the prep stuff. I try to stay out of stores on weekends.

Cancelled coffee with a friend today. Neither of us wanted to be seated indoors and its a little chilly to sit in the parks in the a.m. we rescheduled for next week in the afternoon. Need these little interactions to remember life goes on. Got a quick selfie from another friend with his brand new baby boy. Another refreshing.

That's the sum total of what I know. Enjoy.

Comment

It's a rainy Zeta-leftovers day, all day today. I guess that will help more leaves come down from the trees out front. There are parts of the lawn where the grass is totally covered in orange. We're just going to let the lawn guy take care of all of them. It's too big of an area for Mike and I to do.
        Yesterday I got more Valley Blossoms blocks sewn together. I had to redo a couple of them because the points weren't coming together right. I don't know how that happened with paper piecing but it did. It maybe had something to do with the seams not being exactly 1/4" maybe. Anyway, I just sewed on a strip of fabric then cut it to make it fit. The next step is adding applique with the embroidery machine.
        I don't know what is planned for tonight's supper. I made a deal with Mike a few weeks ago-- if he decides what we're having, I'll cook it. I rather do the cooking part than trying to decide what to have every day. When my kids were still at home, I made up a menu for a month at a time and wrote on the calendar what we were going to have each day for supper. That way I didn't have to decide on the way home from work what I was going to cook. My one daughter's favorite day was leftovers! Mike and I tried the calendar thing but it didn't work for us. It's too easy with only two people to just say, "let's go out tonight" or "I don't feel like having that."
        Time for second tea. Have a happy day!
        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Cooking for two is quite a challenge, especially when the only answer about what he wants for dinner is “I don’t care”. Tonight I will fix Chicken & Dumpling casserole. It will give us two meals.

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave gets that way too so I started giving him several options. It has helped. I hate the “I don’t care” answer. That is not at all helpful.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, cooking for two is definitely a challenge.

animated-witch-image-0080.gif Good Morning =)
        Jack is volunteering at the thrift store , and my daughter is working later today . I just love the silence in the house right now. It's going to be a house work day for me. I have my own way of cleaning and organizing , so it will be nice to do things my way for a change. It takes awhile to get used to someone home all the time.
        I put together the Christmas quilt top for Jocelyn's couch quilt yesterday. Jack just loved it when he saw it. He likes blue a lot and all the blues in the blocks were soft blues. Funny how that project came of the blue , lol. I want to make a couch quilt for her wonderful man, Pete, and so far I have the 4 Father Christmases appliqued for that on the gold and white squares. That snow fall the other day reminded me how short time is to quilt and reach a mailing deadline as well for Christmas. NEW-4-Olde-Father-Christmas-Fabric-Applique-Craft-Panel-Quilts-Hangings-Pillow.jpg
        If Lisa has time before she goes to work I may ask her to pick up some BLT makings for sandwiches for supper. Luckily Jack loves sandwiches , so it is easier to make those for this evening when he gets home. I still have some soup frozen in the freezer that would go well with a sandwich for him. Just a sandwich for me is perfect for supper.
        The grand baby is due in 2 days, I have a feeling she is waiting for the blue moon on Halloween.
        Have a really good day.

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          We did soup and sandwiches for dinner last night. It was so good!

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          I went with salad and sandwich instead of the soup. It is just the right amount of food tonight. Made my favorite sandwich BLT. Jack was real pleased with his when he got home. Sometimes when tired a heavy meal feels like work. instead of pleasure..
          What kind of sandwiches did you make ?

• bubba
          bubba commented
          Editing a comment
          I started ordering from one of those companies that send you the meals to cook. We have been doing it three weeks now and get three meals a week. The cost has been $35 a week and everything but one we have loved. The one was okay, but nothing we would make again. It's been fun trying new recipes.

Good morning, everyone! It's cloudy and cool here, a perfectly fine day for me to stay indoors, upstairs in the sewing room. I've been working on the Two Step Quilt pattern as a way to use up some sweet florals in my stash. Woke up this morning with a nagging dream about those white squares... does that ever happen to you? like, maybe I should applique or embroider them? just leave them alone? make a combo quilted/tied quilt? Such is the stuff of nightmares!!

Otherwise, it's a regular laundry day and figuring out a new take on making beef fajitas. Hubby loves those!
        Have a great day, whatever it brings to you.

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I made a Two Step quilt a few years ago out of batiks. I still have not gifted that one.

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          If you using the white with florals, I would think crisp bright whites alone would compliment the flowers more.

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome from Canada.
      Working...
      X