• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Santa doesn't get Covid

santa mask.jpg

https://www.buttonwholing.com/produc...FBQUFBRi1aZlU0
    🌺 Lorie

😁 What will they think of next? That's too funny!!

Comment

Denver has just reintroduced stricter Safer at Home guidelines to deal with the surge in positives lately. The announcement has me restless and ready to make a jail break to my favorite LQS - the Wooden Spool. Just in case we lock down again I need to have my memories of real bolts of fabric, tidy folded FQs and color coordinated small cuts. Otherwise it could be a long winter. Sigh.
      ​​​

Comment

• pcbatiks
        pcbatiks commented
        Editing a comment
        If you do it just right, maybe you could hide & get locked in the store if they have to temporarily close. Lol

• Rob the HOAQ
        Rob the HOAQ commented
        Editing a comment
        That actually happened to a friend of mine who worked for a Barnes & Noble in Chicago. The men's bathroom had a small opening in the ceiling that led to an attic-like space. This homeless guy had quite the little nest up there and was able to avoid being spotted for about six months. He would come out of the bathroom right when the store opened and a few minutes before it was going to close, he would disappear into the bathroom and climb up. Evidently, he never got out of the attic when the store was closed since their security system would have gone off.

Rob

That is funny!

Comment

They even have quarentine jars and boxes for the Elf on the Shelf.
        Katrina
        β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Funny but something sad about Santa having to wear a mask for him to bring all my loot! Gina

Comment

Glad you shared it with the Forum. I saw it early yesterday morning and ordered one....just can't stop laughing even though Covid is nothing to laugh about.
            β€œOf all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            β€œWe can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by MHG Winnower View Post
              Glad you shared it with the Forum. I saw it early yesterday morning and ordered one....just can't stop laughing even though Covid is nothing to laugh about.
              I grabbed four get one free. I think this whole time is really sad, but I think my grandkids will need to look back and remember. It will be history one day. At least this will be a funny thing to remember.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I just got back from the store and my allergies had me sneezing, so I threw away the disposable mask I had on (yes, I use these masks more than once sometimes.) I grabbed it back out of the trash when it occurred to me that I could use the ear elastic from the disposable mask to refresh one of my original cloth masks from March. So I cut the elastic off, sewed them on and then removed the old binding ties from the cloth mask. Then I thought, why not recover the nose piece from the disposable mask and add it to my cloth mask.

I'm beginning to think COVID is turning me into my MIL. When she was alive, she'd save bread bags and used tin foil and the absolute last match in a worn out book of matches - just in case who knows why?

Oh well, I guess I'll go with my strengths - upcycle, recycle, reuse and reduce.

Sandy

Comment

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wash plastic bags until they develop a leak. (I do not save any bag that had meat or cheese stored in it.) My mom did the same. Some of my bread/plastic bags probably have been around for a few years. Waste not, want not. Pinch those pennies!

When I was in school, I worked in the college kitchen. They used sheets of alum. foil to cover the large stainless steel baking pans. One of my jobs was to carefully wash the foil for re-use. I was one of the best they ever had. It pays to re-use when possible.

• Hulamoon
                  Hulamoon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What does recycling have to do with a Christmas ornament?πŸ™ƒ

I saw those ornaments on FB and another one with Santa wearing a mask and carrying a sack with kleenex, wipes, etc. Oh please! I hate cutesy Christmas ornaments and these are so tacky and ugly. I don't like character ornaments either like Mickey Mouse, Charlie Brown etc.

Comment

Working...
                X