Ice storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice storm

image_119992.jpg image_119993.jpg image_119994.jpg image_119995.png Morning all, we have broken a record in Oklahoma, I have never seen a storm like this, this early ever. I hear the trees breaking all over.
    Kathryn
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

The weather is breaking all kinds of records this year. It's crazy.

Comment

Wow! ....times are sure strange......stay safe! 💕
      💫 Star lover

Comment

Oh my goodness! Stay safe and warm, the road looks icey and slippery .

Comment

Ice storms are very scary.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Stay safe and warm. We get a lot of ice here. It’s treacherous to drive on. It’s best to stay off the roads.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• ktdid
              ktdid commented
              Editing a comment
              I just went over to your blogspot Barb, love seeing the curved log cabin, noticed you hadn't updated for a while, everything looks great!!

I remember a very bad ice storm when I lived in Walla Walla, WA. We had a big old maple tree in the back yard. The limbs creaked & groaned all night. I was worried branches would come down on the house. I was widowed at that time, living with my 2 young boys. The power went off, so the house quickly got cold (elec. heat). We lived in the same town as my parents; my dad ventured over to take us to their house. They had heat from their fireplace. My dad & boys popped popcorn in the old fashioned popper, held over the fire. It was a memorable time.

Comment

• ktdid
              ktdid commented
              Editing a comment
              It took some skill not to burn the pop corn, years ago last ice storm we had I was a week of nothing, thought I'd freeze to death over that one!! did have the hot water heater, I was in there quite often!!

Wow, stay safe! This year has sure been one unpredictable one all around.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Ice storms are the worst! We had one in 1997 and were without power for 5 days. We closed off 1 room in the basement, and heated it with a kerosene heater. All 5 of us slept, ate, and hung out there. Boy, was it cold to use the bathroom!!! 😱

Comment

• Granny Fran
                Granny Fran commented
                Editing a comment
                OH MY, a kerosene heater in a closed off room in a basement??? Am glad you all survived. It is greatly discouraged here.

• Nwmnteacher
                Nwmnteacher commented
                Editing a comment
                It was only closed off with a blanket hanging in the doorway.

Stay safe!! I'll have to check in with my boys who are in OK. I lived there in 2010 I beieve and we got one. I remember looking out and as poor squirel was frozen the telephone pole. It was a terrible storm stay safe!!

Comment

Stay safe and stay warm!

Comment

We don't get those very often here in Washington, and it wasn't until I was an adult, about 20 years ago, before I saw my first one. I thought everything looked like a magical paradise! Twigs were covered in ice over an inch thick and it was just so pretty. I know they can be dangerous, and we were lucky we had no broken branches or fallen trees.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Please stay safe and warm. I'd send you some of our heat, if I could. It's 85 already here.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Please stay safe. Ice is. I thing to mess with. When we get those ice storms I just stay put. Luckily we haven’t had one where we’ve lost power for more than a few hours. The worst one I remember was the Halloween Ice Storm of ‘91. We were in the process of moving into a new mobile home park, new lot and everything. No sidewalk or driveway. It was a mess. We had mud all over the place after it thawed. It was definitely not fun for the kids trick or treating.
                      Carlie

Comment

• MSN
                        MSN commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think the kids were out trick or treating too long during that blizzard.

I hope you thaw out quickly! Ice storms are scary. Stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X