Do you think we have a ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think we have a ghost?

We have lived in our house for about ten years. The first five years, nothing. But starting about five years ago we get woken up in the middle of the night with a very strong scent of perfume. You know how real perfume is much stronger than cologne? It's really strong like that. It wakes us up the same way that a skunk odor can wake you up out of a sound sleep. The weird thing is my DH is allergic to perfume so I don't own a single bottle and I never wear it. This happens about every 3-4 months. We never see anything or hear footsteps, noises or voices. Nothing is ever disturbed or moved around on dressers or in the closets. We just cannot figure it out. Got any ideas?

Ooo, ghost stories. lol JK. Could it be coming from a neighbors house that has a visitor come that often? I can smell my neighbors smoking weed.

I have a hedge called Mock Orange that is really sweet when it blooms. It makes it all the way from the street, which is really far.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 26, 2020, 11:20 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      No I seriously doubt it is neighbors since they are in their 80's and their houses go dark like clockwork around 9. This happens around 4 am and last week when this happened again it was only 35 degrees outside. Our windows were closed and there were definitely no blooming trees or flowers outside. I know you live in Hawaii where it is tropical year round but I am in Wisconsin where it is cold and have had snowflakes already. But thanks for your good ideas.

A ghost , or a dream of someone you once knew with that perfume. It doesn't sound like a haunting, , it's more like someone from the other side that misses you and longs to see you, or is looking in on you. There are some who believe dreamland is more real than we think, and it could be encounter there. It's similar to waking up with unexplained bruises, like when you dream you were fighting. I don't think t is a negative thing, unless accompanied by a sense of suffocating or panic. If it has any sense of feeling "negative" throw some salt around your bed at night, and in the morning sweep it up along with the negativity. In olden times salt drew out negativity, much like salted holy water in christian times do. The fact that your husband has no reaction , tells me it is not someone's strong dryer sheets on the night air when your window is open.

Comment

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, that scent is meant only for you to smell, it saying " I'm here, there is more than we can possibly know about death. My brother came to me, and literally left a message, my thermometer said "Hi" at my kitchen window! I have a picture to prove it!

Our house has at least one ghost....that's all I've ever seen. She is a little lady and quite often comes in my sewing room and sits on the extra chair and watches me. She used to scare the crap out of me, but not anymore.

Our youngest daughter saw ghosts from the time we moved in this house when she was seven. We never believed her, until the little lady started showing up, now I do. One of the ghosts she saw is the same one I see. MM thinks we are both nuts.

Our house is just over 100 years old, so I'm not surprised.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      My husband used to think we were nuts too, till one night when I was in Ohio attending my Dad's funeral , Jack was home alone in Manitoba. He said a pair of shoes walked across the room, and stopped at the wall. Scared the hell out of him.

I could go on & on about my house 100yrs. +. I don't know what to call it, I just refer to it as "I get a feeling in my bones" I've had numerous premonitions, when we first moved in some one didn't like mirrors!, I had a 1920's plate glass mirror 1/4" thick weighing about 15 lbs. & some full glass mirrors as well, at 20 am, that plate glass mirror came crashing down, it was leaning against the wall propped so it wouldn't slip , fell forward, sounded like a bomb went off! next day the full glass mirrors all fell forward too. I had a mini blind that was locked in place come flying out behind my husband's chair, I started laughing, he didn't think it was funny, and looked like a deer caught in headlights!! When I go into the laundry room, before I even get to the washer, it will light up, pause, and wait for me to put the clothes in, I just say thank you. We were expecting storms one night, I had a vision all I could see was people holding hands around my house, I could see from their waist down, clothes were from the 30's. I ignored it, & didn't unplug anything. Yes, lightning struck the house, took out all the good stuff...TV, computer, etc. but left my $20.00 coffee working...just as well, you don't want to know me if I don't have morning coffee. Once, I was in my kitchen and all of a sudden something turned the microwave on! I call her Maude, she lived here in the 30's. I instantly knew she was wondering what that was, and accidently got to close it and touched it! There are lots more stories like that...
    Kathryn
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I have a presence in my house as well. While I haven't seen anything, I do hear footsteps on occasion, have heard voices with no one here but me and the odd knock on the door.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

A few years ago when I still lived at my parents house, I’d been sitting watching tv and went into the kitchen to put my mug in the sink. When I went back to the tv room, the CD player was on and music was playing. There was no one else in the house. My parents were on holiday and I started to ask my mum about it when she got back but before I could tell her what happened, she said I know what your going to say. It had happened to her a few times. Neither of us felt threatened and we both thought it was my grandma.

Comment

I remember a friend of mine who moved to the mid-west, bought an ancient house and set me pictures. In the windows, there were people. She couldn't see them in the photo and said there was no one in the house. I certainly saw them, and it gave me the creeps. I showed it to another friend who has incredible intuition. I never said anything about the people just was showing her the house. She asked me who the people were! Another friend has an old farm house here in PA. Her kids would tell her about the little boy they saw and played with at night. He would wake the kids up. And then there was the man who occasionally showed up which she saw. I could go on and on. I believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever you want to call them. I'm not a nut job and neither were these folks. I've don't know anyone who has had violence like mirror breaking. We have an incredible very old and beautiful Inn near us. They actually have a room they call A Room With A Boo. Now you could say that's hype. They certainly don't need the business. Folks occasionally see the apparition. As someone once said to me, it's not the ghosts you should be afraid of it's the living who may choose to hurt you.
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

• minipinlady
            minipinlady commented
            Editing a comment
            That is something in our family that we have thought as well, the living can cause us far more harm than the dead.

My Ohio sister's old house was haunted by the ghost of our aunt's boyfriend. It used to be his house; when he passed, he left it to our aunt. She rented it to my sister. My sister used to see his ghost every once in a while. She had several surgeries while she lived in that house. He would show up after her surgeries, like he was checking on her. My aunt never saw him, but I thought I did. I was staying on my sister's couch after one of her surgeries and I woke up in the middle of the night. I saw him going down the hallway. I promptly went back to sleep again. I don't know if I actually saw him or if I dreamt it.

Several family members said they saw our grandmother walking around our backyard after she passed. She would stay with us in the summer and loved walking around the yard.

Comment

I think we have to have an open mind about the parallel universe and if we do and are not afraid, sometimes a loved one will be there...probably checking on us. I saw mhy father several times after his passing and mostly he would follow DH around the farm. I think he was just curious as to who the new man in my life was and wanted to make sure all was going to be okay. I shared my thoughts with DH and he said he thought that was a good explanation . Usually DH wasn't aware of him but once this ring neck pheasant showed up on my dads birthday weekend. Now, my dad was a spiffy dresser with drycleaned levis, wool western shirts and stetson hats so the ring neck was a good choice. Plus there are no pheasants in our NC mountains. The bird strutted right up to the porch and stayed attached to DH for three days then disappeared. We asked all the neighbors about the bird but no one had seen one. DH was certain I was right.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

What good stories to read of ghosts, I always find it encouraging as it confirms that death is a change , not an ending.
              My brother Steve can hear them talking to him and sees them all the time. No matter where he moves to , they seem to follow him. It freaks out my sister in law. When their daughter was born , the ghosts were interested in the baby. She didn't realize they talked to the baby until Steve told her the baby wasn't talking to herself as she was getting older. Steve could hear them thru' the baby monitor. They were always talking to Steve. Like my mom, he had to tune them out. People who have a drink or get stoned can't hear them.
              I once had a boyfriend who could see and hear them as well. His 2nd wife was gifted as well. Garth went to a funeral of a coworker one day. The deceased saw that Garth could see him. The ghost was in distress, couldn't believe he was dead, and followed Garth home, since no one else could see him. Garth's 2nd wife wasn't pleased and said you brought him home with you ? I thought it was funny. One thing Garth told me is ghosts know when from that side the time of death for the living. It is no coincidence they show up for some people when they are passing over. One ghost told him my time. It told him a lot of stuff about me actually. Darn ghosts .
              A mirror upsetting a ghost is reminder to them they can not see themselves in it.
              My aunt Jocelyn's house was haunted by a ghost for decades. Even people who never saw ghosts saw the woman ghost in her house. The appearances stopped once water was hooked up to the house.
              Dogs see ghosts . When my Dad passed away in Florida, and I was living in Manitoba , all 3 of my dogs woke up at the same time on the couch , and never made a sound, they all stared at the one spot near the door for some time. They just watched then went back to sleep.
              If you have Netflix, there is an episode on ghosts that is not scary , on Unsolved Mysteries about the Japanese tsunami and all the ghost sightings afterwards. Very interesting.

Comment

My daughters first pregnancy was not an easy one, put to bed rest more than once. I kept asking my mom in heaven to please watch over her, she and my mom had a precious special relationship. We live in different cities. One day when I was frustrated I called out to my mom, please give me a sign you can really hear me and are watching over her... shortly after that my cell phone went off, I saw my daughters name, answered and no one there. I thought the pregnancy was in trouble again, so I called back quickly.. took her a few rings to even answer. I said I couldn't get to the phone in time, are you okay, anything wrong... she said I am fine, and I didn't call you. I said I saw your name and she said mom, my phone was in the kitchen on the counter, I was in back yard, that is why it took so long for me to answer. Well I got my sign!

Comment

When my Dh and I were living in another house in a valley I woke up to dogs howling. It wasn't normal though. It would start at one end and travel. I asked do you hear that, how strange. He told me it was the ancient night marchers, thought to be warriors. It only happens in certain areas like valleys leading to the ocean. And certain nights. That was the only house I heard them and I have lived in five.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Shortly after my mother-in-law passed away, hubs was ragging on daughter #2 for something out on the porch. We heard this bang inside the house. We went in and a small picture in a very light frame had come off the wall (it had been there for months since she passed) straight down and took out an electrical plug. He knows not to rag on her grandkids now! LOL
                    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I believe in ghosts and our last house was haunted. I would hear knocking on the door when no one was around and strange things would happen..guitar strings would play, balloons moved across the room with no breeze or air.

Comment

Working...
                      X