Welcome Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Monday

Well I don't know if Monday is welcomed or not, we are expecting some white stuff today. Flurries changing to rain at some point and it won't accumulate to much thankfully.

Well I had a visitor yesterday that I haven't seen for quite some time. A female cardinal. I named her Bonnie as the 2nd year anniversary of her passing is this coming weekend. I am sure it is her. Hubby saw a flock of evening grosbeaks at the feeder and I am sorry I missed those. I had to put the run on the dang blue jays for my little birds could get some food. I need an automatic waving hand in the window to deter them, LOL!!

Well I got off my duff and did some sewing yesterday for the secret sister swap. Making progress. I will probably continue that today.

I am free from work until Thursday. I shall be busy making magic as hubby calls it.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Mornin Monique and all who’ll follow......

I love cardinals....we have several pair and they always make me smile. We have more blue jays then ever before and so far they are behaving nicely. I’ve been seeing an eastern phoebe the last few days. Not a spectacular bird, but not common either. No further sightings of the owls....just the 4 times and that was over a month ago 😢

Did absolutely no sewing over the weekend.....seemed like everything else’s got in the way.....I’ll see about today.....it doesn’t look promising.

Hope everyone has a most amazing day 😀
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• srgreene
      srgreene commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to know there are bird lovers here. We don't have too colorful of birds but I adore my little chickadees and nut hatches. They are so kindly on the feeder while the lady finches seem to argue with everyone.

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love chickadees 🐥 too! Can’t wait for the juncos to show.....they are so fun to watch. During the summer we saw Baltimore oriels. My most exciting sighting was a female American Kestrel!

Monique, I am feeling blessed that you are getting white stuff and not me. lol. I am just having too much fun in this warm weather.
    It rained off and on most of yesterday but it was warm and at about 4 pm, DH said lets go fishing. I was up and running. We went out and the little fish were biting. Throw it in and reel it back. Cute little croakers. Did catch a flounder but they are out of season so back he went. I can't tell you what makes it so exciting to feel that little tug on the line but its thrilling. Maybe being out there on all that big water and knowing it has to be luck that you find one.
    Read a book , or rather finished one on m y Kindle yesterday. First time in a long time that it expired as soon as I finished it. I have not been reading as quickly lately.
    Today is my volunteer at the RESTORE. I kind of look forward to it and sort of don't like the commitment. I love the freedom retirement has given me to not have a clock dictate my life and having this commitment means I can make no plans for Mondays. Boy, am I a spoiled brat. I need a good talking to.
    When BIL was here he helped DH move the old refrigerator down below the house on the deck. That was a Godsend. My back is still whispering to me that it didn't like that activity. All I can say is...hope this fridge we bought is a good one and lasts a long time.
    I'm hoping the formica comes this week to finish the kitchen. I am loving the new counters. You can't see any dirt on the pattern we chose. Its called L dolce vita at Lowes if you want to see.
    I woke up last night about 2 am and couldn't get back to a sound sleep. This is the second time in a week this has happened. Don't know what it could be. Oh well, I guess its no biggy since I feel wide awake and rested this morning.
    Love you all. Have great days, all of you and walk with God in these strange times.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I would LOVE to go fishing with you.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't been fishing in years. Dave and I used to go up north (northern Minnesota) and stay with my grandparents at the resort they parked their trailer for years. Friends of theirs owned the resort and made a space especially for them. We had such fun with my grandparents over the years. The last time I went fishing was amazing! My employer has a cabin on Lac La Croix and they select certain individuals each year for the trip. Usually after you have been working there 8 or more years. You can accept or reject, it's up to you. It's all paid for except the tip for the guides. We get 5 days at the cabin and you get your pay for those work days you are gone. My time fell on a Monday through Friday. Amazing fishing, walleye for shore lunch each day and to watch the guide filet them out was unreal. There were 6 girls. Had a wonderful time. Some get to go more than once but I only got to go the one time.

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't been fishing since I was a kid with my dad. I don't think my grandkids have ever been. It sounds like fun. Be careful and take care of your back ! I am glad your back and posting on the forums. I have missed seeing all the beautiful quilts you make.

Good Morning Monique & Everyone ~ Glad you got some sewing done. Sometimes it’s hard to get motivated again.

We might get some white stuff today, too. All of a sudden winter is here. Today the flannel sheets and winter quilt come out. I hate winter and the dreary days...Jeff loves it!

I got some sewing done over the weekend. I have some ripping to do before I can continue.

Sugar has started to cry to sleep with me all night. She really disturbs my sleep so I will have to think about this. Once you let them spend a whole night in your bed it’s almost impossible to go back to separate beds. I’m sure we would have to let both sleep with us since Maggie won’t stand for Sugar doing something without her. Jeff says they will be fine sleeping on the foot of our bed. Realistically that would last maybe five minutes! Fur babies...first they steal your heart and then they steal your bed!

I guess I will go make a cup of tea and ease into the new week.

Have a good Monday everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      I have fallen asleep on the couch and Sandy will come lay down beside the couch. That is as close as she and I have ever gotten to sleeping together. She is around 94 pounds now. My daughter at times lets both kids and their dog Duke sleep with them. I would be up all night!

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Sandy, I found all of my Scotties good to sleep with. Once they get comfortable they are asleep all night. I love that they shed very little, too.

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb, you might as well face it...Having The Puppers are soon appearing in Mommy & Daddy bed. Lol! If you could just teach them to stay at the foot of the bed then you'd have...wait for it...footwarmers! Sorry I just had to say it, lol. Gina

Good morning. Looks like we will have morning showers and afternoon clouds. Not sure when we will see the sun again this week. Yesterday we were able to get rid of 2 boxes of hazardous fluids— oil, turpentine, etc. Now we have some more room in our shed.

I cut out a lot rectangles. Today I hope to start sewing pieces together. I am taking my time with this quilt. I want pieces to match up.

Have a good national pumpkin day.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The blessed white stuff! Bring it on to help put out these wildfires! It snowed all day yest. Lightly in the a.m., but then heavier throughout the day. It looks like maybe 7" out there on the picnic table. It's supposed to taper off today. Bless our neighbor; he shoveled our driveway twice yest.--also the couple's drive next door. They're a couple yrs. older than we are. Our high temp. yest. was only 22 deg. It's 10 deg. this a.m. & not supposed to get out of the teens. But it's supposed to be close to 60 by the end of the week.

I didn't get yest.'s church service watched yet. It live streams at 8:30, but I didn't want to have to hurry eating my breakfast, so I ate instead. I worked on my Bible Study lesson in the afternoon. Just took it easy all day & iced my knee several times.

Today will be laundry. I think there are 3 or 4 loads waiting.

Comment

• srgreene
        srgreene commented
        Editing a comment
        I just let Toby out and our neighbor has already done our walk. Since Toby is close to the ground, he definitely appreciates the help. We only got around 2 or 3 inches down here. But cold this a.m. 8 degrees

Good Morning all,

We are a crisp 19 degrees this morning and we did get a little snow yesterday, maybe an inch, but didn't stick to the sidewalks or driveway. I need to get groceries this morning and then back home. I think I may try to drop off the quilt to my friend too but I will call her first to make sure she is up for a visit.

Worked on the Irish Change yesterday and I was able to get all the 9-block pieces quilted. It looks pretty good, the deal breaker is if it still looks as good once I get the pieces put together. I think joining them is probably going to take some time.

Decided on having a roast with potatoes and carrots for supper last night. Turned out very good. I also baked up two large buttercup squash, my favorite, and put into 4 pint freezer bags, 16 oz in each (I weighed them). I just cut them in half and turn them over on a foil-lined pan and bake until done. No butter, no brown sugar, just plain. Love it!! They cooled in the fridge overnight and I will freeze them today. Dave saw what I was doing and asked "making a bribe for our grandson?" Christopher, the 22 year old, loves squash almost as much I. I told him that it wasn't a bribe but if he comes, and he probably will for Thanksgiving because of my lasagna, then I will give him one. I will probably pick up one or two more squash today.

I will be getting groceries first and then will post my sharing for the day. Thank you to all for the very kind comments. I don't always see what others see in my projects and it's nice to hear.

Time to get going for groceries. Have a wonderful day!
      Carlie

Comment

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        It must have been pot roast Sunday, that's what we had as well. Enough left over so today I don't need to cook.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        Jeanne, the only one in my family who loves squash as I do is Christopher. My hubby, my two kids and the other 4 grandkids don't like it although the 15 year old says she likes it now but I haven't seen her eat it. All the more for me! I bought another buttercup and two very nice acorn squash. I will probably bake that up later this week. I'm saving the seeds from the ones I made yesterday and I'm going to try and grow my own next year.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Hubby and I love the acorn squash.

Good morning!
      So today we're going to pick up Mike's new car. That will take a few hours, counting the 2 hour roundtrip to the dealer. I'm looking forward to the ride home in the new car! It will probably take some time before I want to drive it. I'm always a little nervous driving a new car. We have another car so I'll just stick with that one.

I made one neck gaiter mask yesterday and that was all I did in the sewing room. I have the correct measurements now in case I need to make another one for Mike. I probably should but I'll wait to see how much he likes wearing that style of mask. I really need to make more masks for myself. Somehow they've had a way of disappearing and I'm down to only two now. I want to make some from autumn and from Christmas fabrics to wear for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I don't know yet what day we will have Thanksgiving. My one daughter will find out her work schedule for November this week. She requested off for that Saturday and Sunday. I expect she'll get those days because she's available for Thurs and Fri. My other daughter's kids will be with their father and his family on Thurs. They always get together at the country club for Thanksgiving dinner.

All this talk of snow! We usually don't get any till late November which is fine with me. Usually the first few snows just melt right away. Last year we only had one big snow when we had to clear the driveway. Luckily it's totally flat so we can get away with leaving snow on it unless there's a lot. We used the snowblower only that one time.

Well, I'm going to have my second tea before it's time to leave.
      Have a happy day!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Good morning,

It's so nice to see each of you this morning. It's clear and sunny here today. There isn't anything scheduled for the day yet. I do want to make a grocery run to add a couple of things to the freezer. I try to shop the sale items and rotate through the grocery list. I did find pumpkin last week so I can make bread later.

I made the straps for the tote bag and started cutting the binding yesterday. The goal was to use up some fabric and it's almost gone. I will make a flange binding as there is just enough to make. The bag front and lining are SITD together. Then finished with binding. Almost there!

Time to make DH breakfast and start the day. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning All,

Slow starting around here this morning. I slept a lot better than the night before.

I sorted the four patches yesterday for Block B, but couldn't motivate myself to go in and sew them together. Tonight, I'll get a hair cut. I need to find out if they're still not washing hair or if they are allowed now. Not sure where we are on the 'opening back up' plan for the shop. Signs on some businesses require face masks, no signs on others. It's confusing, but Mike and I are still wearing ours when we go out.

Last night I was picking up a few things on Amazon, the tea pot Jim wanted is back in stock, so I ordered it. Everything will arrive tomorrow. Another Christmas present checked off the list! Yippee!

Time to get busy. Have a great day!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning!

I can't believe that some of you already have snow, I guess winter is on its way. I have the air on. I have plans to clean again today. I want to get the house clean before the holidays. I am cleaning things that don't get done real often like closets and drawers.

I open the gate yesterday and the handle came off again. The fence is that plastic stuff and I have tried to fix the handle several times. Handyman I am not. I don't want to ask someone to fix this for me. I think I am going to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and see what they suggest. I would just leave it off but Sandy might push against it and get loose. I am not going to ask my son n law. Love him to death but I am more of handy person than he is. I was just spoiled I guess and took for granted all the small things my husband did around the house.

At some point in time I need to get caught up on my blockheads 3 quilt . I think I am around 10 blocks behind . Are any of you doing this sew along?

Take care and love you all,
            Teresa
            Last edited by TMP; October 26, 2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• chelea
              chelea commented
              Editing a comment
              I decided to sit it out this time with BH3 since I was taking a Gypsy Wife class. I take a look at the FB page every once in a while to see what's going on. It's good that they released suggested layouts in the beginning and that there are different block sizes. And it seems that several quilters are making multiple smaller quilts instead of using all the blocks in one quilt. Teresa, what's your strategy this time around? Color scheme? Have you posted your blocks on FB? I'd love to see them.

• Bouse
              Bouse commented
              Editing a comment
              Not doing this all of this one either although I've used a couple of the blocks for quilt for a wedding quilt. I was just too busy when it started and then with everything else that has happened this year, I was never going to catch up.

snoopy and woodstock napping.gif Good morning =)
            My little body guards sleep next to me. Mini pins love blankets, lol, and company when they sleep.
            We are having misty rain all morning so far. They are saying maybe snow on Wed. Kinda early for snow here. It's an arthritis day so Jack is saying he isn't doing anything today. I have days like that. Luckily so far for me , I am not useless , not today.
            I worked on putting together some charms for a quilt top yesterday. I really liked it. I had planned to use it for the 2nd side of my turtle quilt, and was going to do that today.
            Last night while watching "Terrorism , Close Calls" on Netflix, I was sewing up some blue strips . I like Kevin Costner's voice so basically I was listening to the shows, while I sewed. I had not planned on sewing 2 an 1/2 inch strips. I had been sewing some applique owls ,and have 16 done now. I felt like doing some mindless sewing and saw the bags of blue strips. Had 3 bags of assorted blue strips so it was fun working with pretty colors. I think I will iron them today and cut them into squares. Turns out the 2nd side will be different then planned. Just doing something random changed the course of my quilt.
            Today is my daughter in law's birthday, and she is having an ultra sound done as well. She is due on the 30th. So any moment we expect our granddaughter to arrive.
            My sewing room window overlooks the back yard, and the bird feeder is in front of my window. I see the blue jays and cardinals often. We have doves too. I love chickadees, I wish we saw more of those.
            Time for tea, a day is not blessed until the tea is in the cup. I think I must be part hobbit as 2nd breakfast ( tea ) is essential.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              Soooo exciting waiting for that little one!

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              How exciting your Granddaughter will be here any time now!

• minipinlady
              minipinlady commented
              Editing a comment
              First grand child...the world is changing so much. =) Can't wait to see her picture when she comes.

Good morning all,

It was 11 degrees when I woke up this morning. I'm achy .....must be from the cold. I feels like the cold get right inside me.

Joy, I'm happy to hear about the snow which will hopefully help with the fire fighting.

I'm caught up on Pat Sloans Sewcialites sew-along, so I'll be ready for block #6 this Friday. My layer cake is from a few years ago, but I was able to find some yardage on Etsy. I did buy enough yardage for a border when I bought the layer cake from M*. Today, I need to do some embroidered name tags for a friend who will use them on Christmas stockings. Which reminds me, I have 2 stockings to make for GKs that live in NC.

This morning I put crockpot chili on to cook. There will be enough for a couple of days....no cooking for a little while. Cooking is one of my least favorite things to do. I always dread 40 when it's time to think about what will I cook for supper. It seems that right about that time I'm deep in a project, and don't want to break my stride. My mom was a really good cook, but she didn'tenjoy it either. My sister, on the other hand, is a great cook/baker and loves it! DD doesn't like it either, but both DS's enjoy cooking, and they do most of it in their homes. Go figure.

I better get the names figured out on my laptop, so I can transfer them to the embroidery machine.
            Enjoy the day, everyone.
            Jeanne

Comment

Morning everyone.

Patsy continues to get more accustomed to things here. Not one whine when Cheryl left this morning and she is asleep at my feet right now. I'm going to have to go into the store sometime either this week or next, but I'm going to have to get the house set up for when I go so we can limit her access to other rooms where she can do some damage.

I'm really struggling with whether or not to go back to work. As I've stated, I work retail and a study here by the state's health department has shown that of those who contacted the virus the top place they had been was a retail store. That doesn't mean that's where they caught it, but in doing contract tracing that emerged as the top place they visited while actively shedding. Of course that could be any type of store from grocery store to home improvement center to gas station or convenience mart. Most of the customers where I work (from what coworkers have told me) are wearing masks, but there are a few who refuse and our management says they will not eject them from the store. All it takes is one.

I feel guilty not being there at what is our busiest time. I spoke with the manager this morning and he is lamenting that getting staff in place is his biggest headache right now. He's the type of guy that will understand if I decide to stay home, and he won't hold it against me (he's pretty much said as much), but that compounds the guilt I feel because I feel like I'm letting him and my other coworkers down. Obviously, I'm not the only person who is staying home,, but that is cold comfort. Plus, even though we can make it for a few more months on our savings and Cheryl's pay (although the rehab hospital she works in is starting to have employees test positive....I'm not as worried there as masks and PPE are mandatory for both patients and staff, and she doesn't have contact with the staff who have tested positive), the savings will eventually get to a point where we don't want it to get below. Not that I made that much when I was working (seems like between journalism and retail sales, I picked some winners for careers), it would still be better than unemployment.

Sorry to bend everyone's ear on this, but that's pretty much all I have been thinking about. I'm just glad we're not in the middle of a presidential election or anything.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rob
              Last edited by Rob the HOAQ; October 26, 2020, 10:52 AM.
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

• Rhonda K
                Rhonda K commented
                Editing a comment
                Rob,

May you have the wisdom to make the right choice for your situation. These are tough decisions. Best wishes!

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                These are the tough decisions we all have to make at some point. I went through this when I was widowed...should I stay..should I move...find a different job, stay at my old job, etc. and now Covid and all the rules have changed. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way that you and Cheryl will know the right path for you to take. Barb

Good morning!! Happy Monday! Another work week has began. Yesterday I sat and watched hart to hart on youtube and cut tons of barbie clothes and dress number three. I'll be sewing my stacks after work today. I find I'm more productive if I cut one day and take a stack over to the machine and sew away. I'll have to make a run to joanns or hobby lobby for rick rack. I ran short for the dresses.

It's cold today and we are suppossed to get snow tonight...crazy. It's been in the 90's. Total flip in weather. I welcome it...tired of bugs and mosquitoes.

I really want to make chili and I think I'll pick up the stuff and throw it in the crockpot tomorrow morning. Drives the dog insane to smell food all day...but I blame Daniel he feeds her people food. I love my crock pot, especially in the winter.

Well back to work for me...I need more coffee. Have a great day everyone!!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                Nwmnteacher commented
                Editing a comment
                We had our crockpot chili for supper tonight, and was yummy!

• MSN
                MSN commented
                Editing a comment
                We had crockpot chili tonight, too. The batch is large enough that we can eat for the next few days.
            Working...
            X