It's Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Saturday

Good morning friends. I don't usually post on weekends but I am here so I might as well.

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day. I did laundry and got it hung outside. I put 'things' away that needed to be put away. Got up on the roof to help hubby do a little work. Then I decided it was a good day to do some trimming on the tree that is beside the house and overhangs on that dang roof. So I used armstrong strength but I am a little sore this morning, my neck being the worst. Needless to say, no quilting was done at all. I was too tired last night. Last night the skies opened up with heavy heavy rain, thunder and lightening.

I would like to get some quilting done today but we shall see how the day progresses.

Have a great Saturday friends.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning everyone!

Monique...wow! You definitely deserve a rest today. My goodness that's a lot of physical work!

Yesterday was a rest day for me. It was chilly and rainy. Washed mama's new sheets and did her laundry, altered a couple of her pants. Some phone calls and reading. Made pizza for dinner. I still had dough in the freezer. I make a double batch and freeze some when I make it. Tomato, red pepper and feta. Veggies and herbs from our garden. I had a piece and I'm feeling it a bit this morning.

Hubby and I are driving to mama's old place today and will do some more work there. Slowly chipping away at it. The weather is going to be cold but sunny this weekend. Good for the long drive. Still not motivated to sew. I know once I get going it'll be good.

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally get where you're at, and what you're doing. It took my whole summer vacation from school to get Mom's house to a place where Howard and I could move in to help her. She saved everything... even the burned out light bulbs. Just keep plugging at it, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to buy a shredder and start going through Mom's papers. There is no telling how old some of them are. We're fortunate she didn't like a lot of knick knacks or stuff like that. She did, however, keep utility bills from the dawn of time.

Good Morning, It’s really chilly this morning. The furnace ran off and on all night. Jeff and the Girls are outside and I have a large quilt in the washer.

Today I may cook a roast in the crockpot. I’m tired of eating leftovers but Jeff never complains.

I think I will put the things back under the kitchen sink this morning. That area has been drying since Monday with a heater blowing on it.

Hopefully everyone will have a good day. 🌸

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Great minds think alike! I was thinking a roast with carrots and potatoes in the slow cooker as well. My hubby doesn't mind the leftovers so much. He is always pushing about using up what is in the fridge. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks it will go bad in just a few days.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Chilly here, too, & it's going to get colder. It's only 27 deg., but it's supposed to get up to 60--the warm before the storm. Snow is expected Sun. into Mon. with temps. dropping into the single digits. Brr. The trees really have been dropping their leaves the past few days. We still have most of the leaves on our trees. The crabapple trees are the last to drop.

Yest. I made a run out to Walmart for the Rx's & a few items. Our Lady Bugs lunch was sparse; there were only 7 of us. We had Mexican & good conversation. I like the chicken chimichanga lunch special. I brought half of it home for another meal. Then I made a stop at the bank on the way home--needed some cash. Our bank lobby is closed except by appt., so I went through the drive-thru.

DS#1 called while he was driving to a supper date with his wife. They like to eat out on Fri. eve. but haven't done much since the pandemic. Restaurants in MD are allowed ~50-75% capacity. There's a Mexican place in Annapolis that they like.

DS#2 is coming over this a.m. to help with some chores DH no longer is able to do. While it's cold this a.m., he can do some indoor things like vac. out the dryer vent, move out the frig. & clean behind & under it, etc. If it warms up enough, he'll clean out our window wells. DH wants him to check the gutters for leaves.

The CalWood Fire (Boulder Co.) is 66% contained. The evac. order for some areas has been lifted, which will allow folks to check on their properties. The firefighting effort goes on in the 2 other major fires. With no final assessment yet, they are estimating 300-400 homes lost in the East Troublesome Fire (Grand Co.) An elderly couple who were not able to evac. in time, died in that fire. Many folks still are displaced in hotels, in their RVs, or with friends, etc. Several schools are closed. We are hoping for help from mother nature with the upcoming snow.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      We lost most of our leaves last weekend when we had high winds and then got so much snow. It was a record snowfall so early in October.

So sad about the elderly couple who were unable to get away from the fires. You've had so many fires this year, is that normal or is it a really bad, dry year for you? Also wondering how your knee is doing.

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Boulder? I didn't know the fire was that close. i used to live in Broomfield. at times i'd have ash on my car but never a fire that close. Stay safe!

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Colo. fires ~ This is a bad year due to the drought.

My knee ~ Is holding its own. All the work I did today has aggravated it somewhat. I rubbed some Arnica oil on it this eve.

Good morning!
    It's supposed to rain today but that's ok. We just had two beautiful, sunny days in the upper 70s. I love autumn with the pretty leaves in the sunshine!
    On Friday we went car shopping for Mike and picked out a new Santa Fe to lease. He wasn't completely satisfied but was taking it anyway. We planned on picking it up yesterday. Instead, we went to another dealer and he decided on one of theirs, just because he liked the color better. The first one was a light bronze, sort of a very dark tan, and the one he got is a dark silver. I actually liked the bronze one but it's his car. Anyway, till we had to wait for the finance guy to be ready, for the car to be detailed, then drive home-- about an hour's trip-- we're going to pick up the car on Monday. I'm really happy for Mike! He's trading in a 2012 Santa Fe that has over 80,000 miles on it. It's still in really good condition, but I think he deserves the new car.
    I never got into the sewing room at all yesterday. I plan on trying to make some neck gaiter masks today- finally. Not too excited about working with that stretchy fabric!
    Have a happy day!
    ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the new vehicle. Funny how the color makes the deal for us!

I like to use a wash away tape to hold stretchy fabrics in place for stitching. Tips here that I have used.

https://emmaseabrooke.com/#

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      A new vehicle is so nice. Congratulations!
      Last edited by Bubby; October 24, 2020, 09:47 AM.

Good Morning All,

It started off as a beautiful morning yesterday, then the rains blew in from the Atlantic. The afternoon was dreary and spotty rain. Mike and I went to the UPS store and got the VT quilt on it's way. It will be there on Tuesday. Then we went next door, the Thai Orchid and ate dinner. It was absolutely delicious. They have booths set around the perimeter, but the business was mostly take out. Folks stood in the vestibule until their food was ready.

Yesterday, Jerrod called. He was in tears. His dog, Kilo mauled his arm Thursday night. Animal control came and took the dog. He's had him since he was 4 months. He has 10 stitches in his arm, hand was swollen and he couldn't move his fingers. I felt so helpless. He's so far away. He called back later in the day and asked if he could move down here, once his lease was out. I told him of course. I don't know if anything will come from it, we'll see.

I pulled the next step in the sewquestor quilt yesterday. I need to finish cleaning up the scraps from the VT quilt and then I'll start back on that. Or, I might just clean out the kitchen cabinets.

Have a great day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerrod may need a tetanus shot too!! I had a feral kitten get my hand with one fang and my whole had became swollen. got two shots. Hope he gets over it soon with no problems. and poor dog. One wonders what happens to their minds sometimes. sad.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure they took care of shots and stuff when he got the stitches.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not wonder that I am so fearful of dogs.

Good Morning Everyone,

Its barely sprinkling here but I can hear thunder in the distance. Sandy will not go out if its raining. She will hold it forever! Silly dog.

Since I am not going out much and I don't see things changing soon, I have been ordering Christmas presents on line. I think it might have been easier just to give my family gift cards or cash . ( I don't understand why I keep getting invalid server) I am logged in . grrr . I made Sandy a bath appointment for next week and one for a recall on my car and oil change. They said they will pick up the car and bring it back. I am going to spray it down with Microban before I use it.

I am upset with my son he went to a rally. I thought he was smarter than that. I am still very fearful of this virus. I realize we can't hide forever but I think this was a chance he didn't have to take.

Have a wonderful day,
    Teresa

Comment

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      The server times you out after about 20 minutes.

I read an article that the post office, UPS, etc., are at or near shipping capacity with the pandemic. Christmas packages are going to take longer to get to their destinations.

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Invalid server would worry me. try closing down and then opening up and doing another virus scan. too many weirdo's out there.

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been ordering Christmas gifts online too. I have set a goal to have everything ready to mail by Thanksgiving because I do think it will take extra time this year. I have to mail gifts to Colorado and to California. I could send gift cards or money but I really do enjoy choosing a special gift for those on my list. I get several gift cards each year, and while they are appreciated, it's not quite as much fun as opening up a gift chosen especially for you. Christmas will surely be different this year...like everything else, I guess.

Good morning,

Happy to realize that it's Saturday and the first day of the weekend. I thought it was Sunday already. I will try to finish the panels for the tote bag. I changed out the pattern. Instead of 57 steps on the embroidery design it is down to 4 steps so going much faster. Then I'll make the straps and the lining with a pocket. There is one boo-boo block so that will be rescued and made into a mug rug.

Hopefully, I can go the LQS later and pick up the machine upgrade.

Time to make DH breakfast and start the laundry. Happy Stitches!

Comment

Good Morning all,

This morning is in the 20's and it isn't going to get much better. Yesterday we made it to 35 according to our temp gauge. We live down the road from a small hill so we don't always get the nice breezes and heat so it may have gotten a little warmer at the airport where our temps are documented.

Not much done yesterday except our trip to the pet store and the battery place to get a battery for my watch. We did stop at Hobby Lobby and walked around for a bit. Bought some candles for our Christmas centerpiece also.

I also took Jim to the store. We have had great news on finding him a permanent place to live. He has interviewed with the place a couple of times and sounds like he will be moving there. He told me there are a couple of things he wanted that they will not have. The things he wanted was a TV, which they don't provide but they do have cable and internet that is paid for by the facility, and he wanted a kitchen of his own. I pointed out that if he had a kitchen he would have to purchase and/or find cookware, dishes and silverware which is a plus since he does not have the money to do that. The facility provides a chair, bed and dresser so he will have what he absolutely needs for now. The place is about 15 miles from here which I'm okay with because that will make him less dependent on me to run him around. Hoping now he gets moved in pretty soon.

I finished quilting my best friend's quilt and have the binding attached. I'm doing this label this morning and should be able to get the label and binding sewn on today. Dave was remarking that the sofa in the living room needs "something". I agree. Today's daily deal would be a wonderful color combination for the sofa so I'm thinking about that one. I have plenty of stuff on hand so maybe I'll go through that first.

Off for now for breakfast and coffee. I will post my second day of sharing in a bit. I thank everyone for their very kind comments on the ones I posted yesterday.
      Have a great day everyone.
      Carlie

Comment

Good morning all. I had a very nice few days up at my sister's. The weather was perfect and the autumn colors were awesome. We went through the bins and boxes that I brought up with me with things from my mom's china cabinet and hope chest. We have now finished going through all the stuff from the china cabinet. As far as the hope chest things go, we had decided on going through the tablecloths so I had pulled them out and we decided on some that will continue to be used as tablecloths at each of our homes and the others are going to be made into quilts for each of us. We concluded that they would definitely be used more in that form than as tablecloths that are only used occasionally. We also took lots of wonderful walks and just enjoyed spending some time together.

Not sure what I'll accomplish today. I've got some veggies to prep for the freezer and, of course, I did miss my sewing room while I was at sis's so I will probably squeeze in some time there.

Have a good day everyone.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning!

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was sunny, with a high in the upper 70's, today we have already hit our high of 46. Brr! We may warm up to 50 tomorrow.

I went to the post office to mail a couple of Mom's bills yesterday. The weather was so nice, I decided to go for a short drive before heading home, to avoid the neighborhood school traffic. I live near an elementary school and things get backed up when the parents drop the kiddos off and pick them up. I headed down to the Metroparks. It was very crowded. I ended up cutting my drive short because the traffic was stressing me out. The scenery was lovely, though.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and managed to snag a bag of the Halloween Oreos! It isn't Halloween without them. The store has a large display of them in the vestibule where the carts are. They usually have an employee or two in that area, disinfecting the carts. When they see you walking towards a cart, they push it towards you...blocking the coveted cookie display. Maybe they were hoarding the cookies for themselves? I found a small display of them near the cookie aisle. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make us happy, right? 😃

Not much planned for today -- time in the sewing room and laundry. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Morning!

My sister stopped by yesterday to pick up the quilt that Cheryl made for her, and we ended up talking outside with masks on. It was strange, but of course I understood and agreed. She was feeling much better than she did the day before, and thinks it was the low potassium that caused her blood pressure to spike. She will see her doctor later next week.

We have to get groceries today and we have peonies to plant and a flower bed to clean up. Doubtful that any sewing will be done today, but maybe later tonight. We need to hang a couple of wall cabinets that have sat in the house for a while, but I haven't touched. Seems like I'm really good at coming up with things to do, but the execution is not so easy.

Very chilly this morning, but we haven't turned on the furnace yet. That will probably happen next week.

Patsy must have decided to sleep in this morning because she still isn't demanding her breakfast. I think I will make some pancakes this morning (not for Patsy, although she would not hesitate to eat them).

Have a great weekend all!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Rob, How did your sister like the quilt Cheryl made for her?
              I would imagine she was thrilled.

• Rob the HOAQ
              Rob the HOAQ commented
              Editing a comment
              She loved it! She will now have to find someone to do the quilting and binding, but there are a couple of people who do that where she lives, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Rob

Good Morning to All. For some reason my pea brain has settled on 3 am as being the new alarm time for my body clock. My son will be dropping by sometime today to install the new shower heads for me. I don' t really like the hand held, but small shower needs it and in the bigger tub/shower.. there is tub to ceiling tiles, so much easier to hose em down when cleaning. Getting tired to tossing glasses of water up and letting it run down. Gets messy! I did accept an offer on my dads property in Tenn yesterday, should know for sure in couple of weeks if it will stay in escrow. Still have couple of inspections to deal with.

My day will be a little sewing and maybe a lotta nap!

Have a safe and happy day.

Comment

Hooray! I'm finally able to use my computer! It decided to have a temper tantrum & not let me DO ANYTHING! Don't know what its problem was but it got fixed. I am so far behind on what's been happening here. I love all the quilts & stories behind them. Isn't it nice to read what went with each one? I am in awe of the talent of our quilting friends. You constantly inspire me.

Canine kids, Bailey & Jack are at the pretty parlor & boy do they need it. Gotta go for now. Gina

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad you are back with us, Gina.

Good afternoon everyone. I was about to say morning until I checked the clock. Yesterday was very productive. I started at 6:30 in the morning quilting the baby quilt. It is now trimmed and needs binding hand stitched and label. Several other chores/errands followed until mid afternoon when it rained. Made an appointment to get my meds refilled. Doc had a cancellation for this morning at 7:30, so I grabbed it. Front yard is all mowed and edged, waiting on batteries to recharge so I can do the back yard. I think I will make the trick or treat baggies next. I normally don't do halloween, but with lots of little ones in the neighborhood, I thought I would participate this year. I'll wear my mask when passing out the candy, just to be safe.

Katrina, sorry to hear about Jarrod.
              CarlieBilie, great news for a new place for your son.
              Joy, stay safe. Those fires sound terrible. I have a friend who lives in Breckenridge. I never get responses from her, makes me concerned.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Comment

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                To my knowledge, there are no fires in the Breckenridge area.
            Working...
            X