Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M*TV

Hello!

We have several folks here who provide us with with regular places to chat about certain topics. Thank you to you all!! I thought I would contribute by starting a music video chat. I was a teen in the 80's and MTV was the hottest thing on TV. Now we have our own channel...M*TV!

From time to time I will share some of my favourite music from YouTube with you. I have quite an eclectic taste that spans decades. I assure you it'll be all be rated "G"! Please don't read too much into the lyrics, lol. There are no hidden messages from me in the songs I choose. Many I just like for the music or composition and don't even know the words too. They just move me in some way.

I hope you enjoy some of them at least, maybe broaden your horizons even. Please feel free to share your own so I can broaden mine! "G" rated, and please give us a head's up as to what it is, in case someone doesn't want to watch/listen to it.

Here is one that made me feel good today... It's Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World". I thought it was appropriate. 😊

https://youtu.be/CWzrABouyeE

Enjoy this blast from the past!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

I love frank Sinatra!

Comment

I like the 50s and 60s. My favorite artist is Phil Collins and one song in particular, In the Air Tonight.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I like 50s music

Comment

Love the 50s, 60s, some 70s but basically love a lot of different music. Depends on what mood I'm in. Gina

Comment

Got any John Coltrane?
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I never have been much of a classical music fan but I found this cello player (Hauser) that I do enjoy. He is pretty nice looking also
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25BKpqw0HIM
              I listen to him when I am in the mood for calm.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FkfFjBMq8
              Last edited by TMP; October 24, 2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I was becoming a grandmother of 4 in the 80's. My music is 40's and 50's, and classics.

Comment

I'm a 70's gal. In that decade, I graduated from high school, graduated from college, got my teaching job, met DH and got married. Many memories attached to lots of the songs. DH loves the 50's and 60's, and sometimes we have to agree to take turns with the satellite radio when we're in the car!

Comment

I have to say there is very little in the way of music that I don't like, with the exception of rap and today's country music. Growing up my mother would listen to Glenn Miller and other Big Band stars, so I like that. She also listened to the old-time country stars like Charlie Pride, Loretta Lynn and her favorite, The Statler Brothers. I'm a big fan of oldies music (it bugs the heck out of me to hear radio stations call 90s music oldies). Of those I think Sam Cooke and Jim Croce are two of my favorites. However, I also love the sound of the Temptations and the Four Tops.

When I'm writing or reading the papers I listen to classical. Yo Yo Ma is a must as is Anne-Sophie Mutter or Leila Josefowicz (I have a friend who used to live in West Virginia and who talked about when Yo Yo Ma played with the West Virginia Symphony Orchestra. She smacked me when I said "they've not been the same since they lost their jug player.") Growing up I was a big fan of Kiss and other 70s groups. Most of the 80s music I would rather forget, although I like the Commodores.

Rob
                    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                    --Ken Burns

Comment

My dad gifted my daughter an EchoShow for Christmas last year. We finally got it set up. It's been fun to have it play music, as it will show the lyrics if it has them. I never know some of those lyrics, and have been singing them wrong for years!
                      I liked it well enough that I ordered a dot for the sewing room. It's been nice having music in there without hauling the boombox in from the shop.
                      I've been torturing the kids @ school with big band\swing music during independent work time. Some are beginning to like it. We are thinking of doing rotating genre days.
                      Louis Armstrong's version is fantastic.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• MSN
                        MSN commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I own an antique player piano and a few dozen piano rolls. Some are the type of music you expect to hear on a player piano, but I also have a bunch from the 60's and 70's. Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you experience the Village People's "YMCA," player piano style. ;-)

The lyrics appear on the piano roll as it scrolls, so you can sing along. I am one of the few people I know who actually knows the lyrics to the Kingmen's "Louie, Louie, me gotta go ..."

Folks should check out the father/dau. duo on YT, Mat & Savanna Shaw. They made their debut on social media earlier during the pandemic to brighten our days & have become a hit. They have their own YT channel now & have released their first CD. Their first song which caught my attention was "The Prayer". They make beautiful music together. They live in Utah. Savanna is 16 y.o.

I like easy listening music -- it's a good background for FMQ. Most of our music library is southern gospel -- from long play 33 record albums, to cassettes, to CDs. I have several plastic storage bins of CDs in my sewing room & listen on my desk top CD player.

Comment

Working...
                      X