I got my glasses, I got my glasses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my glasses, I got my glasses!

lol, I thought I would just need these for my drivers test. I looked at the TV and said Lorie your so stupid for not refilling these 10 yrs ago.

dancing.gif
    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

animated-woman-image-0149.gif Think of all the beautiful details you will see now. I love the happy dance .

Comment

Congrats on the new glasses!

Comment

Congratulations! I always love getting new glasses, to see what I've been missing!
        Katrina
        โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

So glad you got them & they must have turned out perfect for you. I remember the very first pair of glasses I had. It was when I was about 45 years old. I looked out the window at work & was so surprised that I could actually see individual pine needles on the pine trees! Woo-Hoo, glasses are great!

Comment

Do you see me??? All the way over in Texas? Glad you got them. Enjoy and see well. โ˜บ

Comment

Congratulations! Life will SEEm so much better now!

My husband got his first pair of glasses when he was 13 years old. A minute after leaving the eye doctor's office, his mother realized Little Ricky wasn't at her side. She turned around to see him just standing there staring at the neon signs on the street. "Ricky, what's wrong?" she shouted. "There are words on the signs!" he called back. My mother-in-law never got over the guilt that her son had been functionally blind and she hadn't known it.

Not all is well in this story, however. DH's batting average went from the best in his Little League to only average. Up until then, the baseball had looked like a beach ball, and he just had to aim for the middle!

Enjoy the world, Lorie! It's going to be so much more beautiful.
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I totally understand that joy. Iโ€™ve had glasses since I was 12. Iโ€™m being told now that once my left eye cataract can be taken care of they will put in a distance correction lens and since I have a near vision correction already in my right eye they say I should be able to go without glasses most of the time. Not sure that I believe that. We will see.
                Carlie

Comment

• bubba
                  bubba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MM has worn glasses since he was four. Without them, he would be legally blind. He had cataract surgery two years ago and no longer wears glasses except to read. He used to be able to take his glasses off and see things up close (he does electrical work and stuff for fun) and he can no longer do that, which makes him cranky.

Costco reading glasses are his friend.

Did you see me waving to you!๐Ÿ˜Š
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Iโ€™ve worn glasses since about age 7. Iโ€™ve had cataract surgery on both eyes and only wear glasses for up close. Congrats, Lorie!!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
                    Did you see me waving to you!๐Ÿ˜Š
                    I see everybody waving!
                    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

Hubby and I have appointments in November. I know I need new glasses. Readers have been my friend.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yay Lorie! Must feel so great. Getting new frames is fun.
                        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Woot-woot! So happy for you! I got new ones this summer; I was so excited on my way home that I read every. single. street sign out loud!

Comment

• Hulamoon
                            Hulamoon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That made me smile. I was picturing you saying all the Hawaiian names. I still have trouble giving directions. lol

congratulations! I love your happy dance.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                            Hulamoon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, I still watch Charlie Brown Christmas every year. ๐ŸŽ„
                        Working...
                        X