Hello Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Thursday

Good morning friends. My dentist appointment went well yesterday. My appointment to fix the broken tooth is in January 2021. They did have something the week of the Christmas but I chose January instead. On the way home, I stopped and picked up some groceries as I wanted to make some chili. It turned out pretty good, I hadn't made chili in quite some time. I get that I don't know what to cook anymore.

Today I have my foot massage. I am really looking forward to that.

I was handling yarn yesterday that my friend Lynda gave me. I don't know if it is the type of yarn or whether there have been cats lying among it but I had to take an allergy pill afterwards. I managed to get the memory quilt into the frame and have decided to hand quilt it with bigger stitches and cross hatching. It should go quicker.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning!

Happy your dentist appointment went well......sounds like a good idea to wait until after the holidays to get that tooth fixed....
    A foot massage.....wonder what that's like... never had one.....I'm super...SUPER ticklish! Especially my feet!

Rain again this am.....I sure won't be able to cut the lawn.....how awful....yeah right....I'm happy.

Hope everyone has a great day.....so very very sad that Hike has left us 😢
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Hubby won't rub mine so I will gladly pay someone to do it. We will have a non-rain day today. At least we don't have to shovel rain, right?

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Monique, my DH will “rub” my feet......then....it turns into tickling.....which I can’t stand and it ends! 🤪

Good morning. We will have another nice day once the fog burns off. We had a busy day yesterday. The dog groomer was here for a couple oh hours. I volunteered at the cafe in the afternoon. I did not get into my sewing room.

Our cleaner comes this afternoon, so I should be able to get some more pieces cut for my new quilt. I sent out the Halloween cards I made, so now have to start on my Thanksgiving cards.
    I heard on the radio it is National Nut day. I like cashews. I found out yesterday that macadamia nuts are very healthy for you.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish we had a mobile dog groomer in our area. You are lucky to have that service.

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Love Cashews! What quilt are you working on?

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I love nuts... after all, I was married to Howard for 36 yrs.

I think pecans are still my faves.

Good Morning to All. Another early wake up and hope to catch a nap sometime today. I was going food shopping today but I just checked an order, and it is supposed to be delivered today. I ordered a bread maker and don't want it sitting on my door stoop while out and about. And if it does get here today, well I can take bread off my shopping list. So instead I will just get out the fabric, batting and quilt top and have at it ... bring on the fabric wrestling!

Monique... foot massages are the best!

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Monique...I'm glad your appointment went well. January seems a long was away, but it'll be good to get hat tooth done. Enjoy your foot massage!

To everyone whom sent me private messages and responses to my post yesterday...THANK YOU!! The response I received was overwhelming. I had no idea I have impacted so many people in such a short amount of time. I really appreciate all of you! I will give myself a few days and may reconsider leaving. My sudden decision had absolutely nothing to do with any of you! It was personal reasons. Just know that my family and I are fine! 🙂

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        May you have sunshine on your heart today. Know that we care and understand life changes. I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your projects too.

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        So glad to hear that you are reconsidering. As others have said, take a break when you need to, but always know that you have a home and friends here on the forum.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much all of your for your extremely kind words and well wishes! You are all such lovely people with good hearts. You have made me smile. 😊❤

Good Morning Everyone ~~ Today is supposed to be our last dry day for a week. They are forecasting some snow for us next Monday and Tuesday. I’m not sure if I’m ready for ice and snow yet.

Monique, I’m glad you got things sorted out for your tooth. A foot massage sounds divine! Since the pandemic Jeff paints my toenails for me. Sugar supervises because she doesn’t like anyone touching me, even Jeff. She has her own ideas about everything.

Today is Libby’s last day to share her projects with us. She’s so creative and she puts fabrics together so well. Our next member to share will be Carlie (Blilie). I look forward to seeing what Carlie has to share.

I may make a run to the grocery store later today. I normally go super early but just don’t feel like it today.

We took a long walk through our woods yesterday with the Girls. It was such a beautiful Fall day.

I guess I should get moving. Wishing everyone a good Thursday.
      Last edited by Bubby; October 22, 2020, 01:17 PM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        I was definitely NOT ready for snow and sleet, but we've had both this week. Ugh. It was so dark this morning it was almost like the sun forgot to rise. I hate gloomy days!

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate gloomy days, too. I used to love them, but since the pandemic I hate them.

Yesterday we went to a new restaurant for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. The place we had been going had a health dept rating drop to 90 and a few meals later, DH got a bad hamburger steak and said he wasn't anxious to go back there, so ...on ward and upward.
      New fridge is in place, ice is making, food is in place and wow,...the lights. I can see everything. So exciting.
      I piddled most of the day away yesterday. THought I deserved a rest. DH, on the otherhand, continued his constant business.
      He is off this morning to get gas for the little boat. I think maybe we are going fishing this morning.
      I thought I would change the sheets...been almost two weeks...where does the time go?
      I keep looking at that top I have almost got put together. It is in three pieces now and won't take mush more than an hour but do you think I can get motivated? apparently not.
      Stopped by habitat to make an offer on an outdoor table and chairs. It needs repainting and so rust remediation. I offered half of the marked price but they are holding firm. Its hard for me to spend much on stuff that is needing a lot of TLC.
      BIL is planning a trip here tomorrow. That will be nice. His wife may come if she can find someone to watch the store this weekend.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        The closer I get to finishing a quilt the less motivated I become. When the time is right it will come together. Glad you love your new fridge. I have had one like that for about 15 years and love it. I keep my fingers crossed it will keep running.

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Terry, it sounds like you've really settled into your new home on the coast. :-)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I don't have much time; DH is anxious for his breakfast, plus I need to get on with my day. I plan to cook up his Anasazi beans today. I cook up 3 lb. at a time. I also have a massage today. Yay! I haven't had one since mid-March. This will be a new provider I've never seen before -- recommended by a friend. I miss having my regular person I'd had for many years, who knew all my aches & needed areas of working over. A foot massage is wonderful. Enjoy, Monique.

More large banks of heavy black smoke yest. The skies to the north were dark. Someone said this smoke was coming from the East Troublesome Fire, which is up in the mts. in Grand Co. More evacs. Fast moving flames. It's so scary for folks to have to flee in only minutes. An area S. of Lyons was evac'd yest. as a precaution so they wouldn't have to evac. during the night, if it came to that. They're expecting the winds to pick up.

Colder today. It might be only in the 40's. No more time now.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I watched the fire on our morning news. Hopefully the snow will help (?). Praying...

Good morning!

We're going to have temps in the mid 70's today, and less rain, too! We will have another day in the 70's before temps drop into the 50's. Vacation is over, I logged back into work today. Looks like things were a little busy while I was gone. I hope the gal who covered for me didn't have any issues.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. My Ohio sister called me to test her phone. She still has Mom's landline. She thinks she needs a new phone, but it sounds like an issue with the wire to me. She may call the phone company to check it out or she may just get rid of the landline. That will be quite the adjustment -- our family has had that phone number for at least 50 years. It came with us from the old house.

Glad to see Hike has decided to stick around for a bit!

I'd better grab a cup of tea and get back to work. I sorted through my emails already. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning all,

This morning I awoke to thunder! It is only 32 degrees outside and it is raining and we are supposed to have rain or sleet all day. Temps are not supposed to move much either. So my plan is to just stay put. Jim asked me to take him to the grocery store today but sent me a message saying he will go tomorrow instead because of the weather. I'm just fine with that.

Yesterday Dave decided to tackle the move of the sleeper sofa, which we finally accomplished. My grandpa started building this house in 1938 and completed it in 1940. The doorway's are small, only about 32 inches for some. The doorway we needed to take the sofa out has scrape marks from the wheelchair my grandma was using. Part of that is on my sister for not paying attention but it was very tight. Any way, after struggling a bit we finally got the two sofas swapped out. The sleeper is just a plain grey and the one now in the den is a floral pattern. Dave thinks the grey one looks better in the living room. I don't know that I agree but the floral one is about 20 years old and does not have a lot of support when sitting in it. The sleeper is about a year old.

No sewing done yesterday but went through some pictures. I need to go through all the "memories" stored in the basement and get rid of things that don't really mean anything. I have tons of pictures from trips to the zoo but no one is in them so I will be tossing those. After my grandparents passed I went through their photos. They must have had at least 6 or 7 large photo albums all with pictures of places they went but no people. Those just got tossed. I don't want to leave a bunch of things for Jennifer to so through when we are gone. I would like to make just a couple of albums.

I'm thinking today will be a good day to hibernate in my sewing room but I need to get a couple things done first. Off now for some coffee and breakfast. I'm thinking blueberry buttermilk pancakes. My daughter told me about a really good pancake mix that is high in protein and pretty low in carbs that I have been using. Brand name is Kodiak Cakes. They are very good and quick to make. The really nice thing is I only make 3 4-inch pancakes at a time. The perfect amount. I only add the blueberries to the buttermilk ones. They even have a dark chocolate pancake, it's like eating a chocolate muffin but with a lot more protein. The stay with me all morning so I have been having them every morning for breakfast.

Hope everyone has a great day!
        Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m with Joy...way too many carbs for me, too. That doesn’t mean I don’t love them.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          We went to Pop's Diner in Chesapeake while we were visiting with the kids. They have wonderful waffles and pancakes. Esther had silver dollar pancakes, and I had the BMW waffle- bacon infused waffle with maple and bacon syrup. lol, Jim and Mike thought I was talking about a car when I said I wanted the BMW. It was delicious.

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          I use Kodiak pancake mix all the time. It's pricey but worth it to us. DH needs high protein foods, and they are low points on WW for me. Haven't tried the chocolate yet though.

Good morning,

It's still dreary and rainy here this morning but time to get started with the day. We have water delivery scheduled and sometimes I have to direct them where to put it in the garage. Even though we have city/county water now, we don't drink it..

I picked up the dino quilt yesterday. It is cute.There may have been a mix-up in the batting type but no one else knows that. I generally specify dream poly 80/20 for my quilts but may have slipped this time. I can't remember and at the end of the day, the quilting is done. I've learned to let things go and not stress. Perhaps I can make the label and finish the binding this weekend.

Of course, I found a cute panel yesterday at the quilt shop. Puppy dogs---so had to buy two of them.

I hope your day is great!

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Rhonda ~ I'm curious about your water delivery. What kind of water do you drink? and why do you not drink the city water? We don't drink our city water either because it's fluoridated. We've
          had our own water distiller for >40 yrs. When I buy water at the store, it is distilled. I buy extra so our distiller doesn't get overworked, esp. on days when I make soup or cook beans, etc. where I use a lot of water. When I go out to eat, I pack my own distilled water with me. There is no guarantee that the "bottled water" one buys in the store has no fluoride in it, unless it is distilled or
          reverse osmosis.

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy,

We were on well water until the water line hook up last year. Our community has been one of the last to have the lines installed with the county. If the electric went out we had no water. I always ordered the extra for hurricane season to avoid the water rush at the stores. The water is one of the national brands and probably just extra filtered/bottled water.

We still use the water softener on the new water line coming in the house for laundry, dishes, and showers. We don't drink it as there can be chlorine smell/taste. They sometimes have to put us boil water alerts due to breaks or they put extra chlorine in the lines. By the time you get the alerts you may have already drank the water.

We used to have the 5 gallon water cooler for convenience. We now get the one gallon/case of 6 size. DH and I can't lift the heavy stuff any more. I can handle a gallon at a time.

We had change our systems and make life easier for us. DH is not allowed to lift >5 pounds. We have a company that delivers and monitors the salt for the softener and lawn service too. We used to take care of all that ourselves. Life changes. LOL!

Rhonda (This may post above your question)

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          We don’t drink our water from the public well because it has so much chlorine (a known carcinogen) in it you can smell it from six feet away. Their excuse is always that the automatic chlorine dispenser went out and dumped a big load at one time. We are often given boil orders, but usually a week or two after the incident that created the boil order. Farmers are known for cutting water lines with their tractors and contaminating our water source. This was a real issue when my late husband was battling cancer.
          Last edited by Bubby; October 22, 2020, 01:18 PM.

Good Morning All,

It was laundry day around here yesterday. Once Mike was done with his I started on mine. I'm so glad to see blue skies this morning. Mike goes back to work tomorrow and life will get back to normal. I think today, I'll start putting my sewing room back together. I really need to get my hair cut, and Gabby could use a trim up as well.

Jim called last night. Morgan's got a job interview for an 8-12 week contract in Alabama. She wouldn't start until after Thanksgiving, which will give the kids a nice long visit here before they head out there (if she takes the position). She also applied for a position in Albany, GA. We'll see what happens. All of that uncertainty would drive me nuts.

Time to get busy! Have a wonderful day!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KarenC
          KarenC commented
          Editing a comment
          My niece is doing the travel nurse stuff like Morgan. She's been doing it for over a year, and really likes it so far. I hope it works out for Morgan.

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          My cousins daughter is doing the travel nurse now too. She was glad when the prison assignment ended and just passed up on a city jail contract because it was too long. This Sunday she will be heading out to Oklahoma for about 6 weeks.

Good morning all!

Bright and sunny here today and still warm. Tomorrow it will go away, but then we are on a roller coaster for the next few days. When I took Patsy out this morning I noticed that the yard could use one more mowing, so I might do that today or tomorrow. I think she's getting more used to being here because before when Cheryl left for work she would whine and cry, but this morning she ended up just staying in her bed and taking an extra hour's snooze. Hopefully that will transfer to when I have to go back to work and she's here by herself.

Didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped yetersday. I've got so much fabric that I could use for the Lincoln quilt its almost keeping me from making a decision. I've got to get cracking.

Have a great day!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope Patsy will adjust when she has to be alone most of the day. Jeff and I went to town this morning and when we got home the Girls had fluffed up the house for me. Everything (quilts and throw pillows) were on the living room floor and all of the bathroom rugs were laying in the laundry room. I wonder if we had been gone longer if they would have finished their housework!

• Paisley
          Paisley commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish you had nanny cam footage of the cleaning party they had when you were in town- I’m sure you did a double take. 😁

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Paisley, it was such a hoot. I always have dogs with strong personalities and dogs who know how to “do stuff”.

Cool and cloudy today - hopefully will help the firefighting. Fires non-stop since mid-August. It's time to cool them down and get some snow to put them out too.

Cloudy days are demotivating for me. I think I'll ignore my to-do list for today. Maybe I'm feeling lazy because I got up at 30 - yawn. I'm making a mess in my sewing room putting together some Christmas potholders. My thought was that a small project might help me get started on quilting at home. LAQ is reasonable for her services and I love her to death, but I need to be more cost conscious. The potholders are kooky - I used strips and cut them with my Basix ruler. I've had the ruler for quite a while and just never used it. Using up scraps and pieces I acquired somewhere along the line. My new mantra - use what I have.

Have a great day.
        Sandy

Comment

Morning all,

Temps are warm today but it is a grey looking day, not much sun lately.

What do you do on a dismal looking day, you make a trip to your local quilt shop! I needed to pick up a small piece of fabric to replace the one I miscut. Of course there were plenty others in the store asking to come home with me so I brought those home too! Good to see the girls in the shop and have a little social time with them.

I am nearing the end of the pillows, will have 10 done then will be able to move on to other things. I made a few more masks yesterday for my husband he likes the Creative Grids one better than the flat pleated one with his glasses. Since we will be wearing them for a while yet I made up a couple for stocking stuffers for the family and made myself two more also. Feels good to have some motivation back and getting things finished.

I have a Zoom meeting at 5:30 so I need to come up with a quick dinner tonight, think I may make some chicken nachos and call it done. Off to the kitchen to see if I've got some Tostito chips left for them or if my husband finished them off, no matter where I try to hide things in the cupboards he seems to find them. Wishing everyone a good day!
          ​​​​

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Ten pillows is quite an accomplishment. Congrats on finding your motivation again!
        Working...
        X