It's Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tuesday

Good morning friends. It is a very wet morning here. I could hear rain throughout the night.

Canada Post has free shipping Tuesdays for the month of October. You need to sign up for small business. I have had this card for some time now. It's free to sign up. You get discounts of shipping materials as well as shipping. I now have a box ready to ship today. I have made 3 bags of Halloween treats for the little ones who used to live across from me. They should get it in time for Halloween. So today I will head to the post office to mail it.

Well yesterday didn't go as I thought it would. I had coffee with Doug in the morning. I had thawed pumpkin in hopes of making pumpkin loaves. Then I remembered that the recipe called for dried cranberries. And I needed to make a dump run and drop off some empty egg cartons to a neighbour. I dropped the egg cartons off BUT I guess I accidentally hit the lock button so the escape was running with the doors locked. Luckily I wasn't far and got hubby's keys. A stop at Doug's to pick up his garbage too and off I went. Dump, grocery store and home. I did get my loaves made and they taste really good. I used Splenda instead of sugar so hubby could have some. Very tasty. And I added chopped walnuts.

I called our municipal office to see if I could use the hall. The door separating the hall from the office is locked. BUT she told me she would unlock it for me if I wanted to use the hall. Wonderful, I will be able to sandwich the quilt, which I will do later after my trip to the post office.

I have another day booked for work next week.

And so that is my day today. My days don't usually go as planned but hopefully I can get these tasks done.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
    Last edited by Monique; October 21, 2020, 05:27 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning!

Yesterday was not a good day. The hospice nurse called me in the morning. Mom is fine, but...she did not sleep Sunday night and was rather anxious and agitated. She had to give Mom something to calm her down. The facility's nurse on duty blamed Mom's visit with my sisters on Sunday. She was on duty Sunday, too, and said that their visit with Mom was 40 minutes instead of 30. Which it was. But the only reason it went long is because no one from the facility came to fetch her at the 30 minute mark like they usually do. That's not on my sisters. Add to that, their visit was in the facility's lobby, right near the door. Mom is easily distracted and Sundays are apparently very busy visit days. I called the facility and took us off the visitation list for today, just to give Mom another day to return to normal.

The day went further downhill when my sisters stood me up. Sunday, my Texas sister told me to save the day (Monday) so the three of us could do something. She decided in the morning it was too cold and wet to do anything she had in mind. Instead of calling me and telling me, she and my other sister went shopping. I wasn't able to get a hold of them until the afternoon. I was pretty ticked by then. I had places I could have gone (Mom's bank to take care of a CD, Fresh Thyme for groceries). Instead, I stayed close to home like an idiot. If Texas sister ever visits again and asks me to save a day for her, my answer is going to be an unequivocal NO. I went over to the house last night and she admitted (grudgingly) she should have called me to let me know she changed her plans. Karma got her this morning, though. Her cab was half an hour late to take her to the airport. Our sister had to drive her instead.

Today I will run the errands I didn't run yesterday, and spend some quality time in the sewing room. But first, I want to call Mom's facility and find out if she had a better night last night.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      I never hear of quick karma, and I am always wishing Karma would stop using a horse and buggy to catch up to people, lol. This is a good chuckle.

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      How frustrating for you! I hope today was a better day.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      How frustrating.

Morning!

Monique, you sure do accomplish a lot in one day! I can almost smell the pumpkin bread from here..... 🍞
    Hope today goes well for you too!

Some rain here too.....not much, but some. I love to sleep to the sound of rain ❤️

I have some house work to do....and I’m hoping to get to some notebook covers for birthday gifts for 2 grandsons. One is mid December, so I have some time, but am afraid if I don’t jump on it.....it’ll fall through the cracks.

Have a most wonderful day 🎃
    💫 Star lover

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's 40 deg. Our high yest. was 62. It was cloudy all day until late in the afternoon when the sun broke out. I spied the rabbit sitting out in the flower bed under one of the perennials. I watched for a bit from the kitchen window to make sure it wasn't munching on my flowers. It wasn't. The squirrels have been active. I think the boys in the neighbor's house have been feeding the squirrels out on their back deck. They'll be sorry. The critters can become a real nuisance if they're encouraged & think food is going to be doled out. DS#1 in MD said the squirrels have been very active in his yard this fall, even leaving nuts on their back deck, front porch, & in the hanging flower baskets, which they've never done before.

After my tests yest. a.m. I stopped by the store for a few groc. I mixed up my turkey patties in the afternoon. My knee was bothering me, so I sat down mid-way through the project & iced my knee for 15 min.

Today is a dental appt. for a filling; then I should be done. I'll pick up the disc & report of my ultrasound from the hosp. I'll have to see how the rest of the day goes.

Comment

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        When the squirrels are hiding stuff near the house, you can sure it is going to be a long winter.

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        I wondered about that. My son said he wondered if it meant there was going to be a hard winter. Lots of digging in the yard, too. This is the first year the squirrels ever came up on their deck or front porch.
        porch.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        We usually judge the height of their nests in the trees by how much snow we will get. The higher up, the more snow. Usually better forecasters than the weather channel.
        Recently dug up the spices for a large pot, and discovered 8-10 large unopened pine cones buried 15'' down. That's a first.

filedata/fetch?id=1934233&d=1603197514&type=thumb Good morning. It's a bit of an overcast one here today and I see that it rained overnight a bit. Yesterday was a busy one. We decided to switch from Optimum to Fios for a number of reasons and yesterday was installation day. They were here for a couple hours but everything went smoothly. I spent most of that time in the sewing room working on the tshirt quilt. Then after they left, it was time to hook up all the devices to the new router.

Today we need to make a trip to the farm, drop off an order I completed over the weekend and get things organized for the trip up to my sisters. It's funny, I am looking forward to spending time with my sis but at the same time, feeling very anxious about being away from home. I am by nature a bit introverted and sort of a homebody but recently I have found that I become extra anxious about going anywhere. Even someplace I know is an ok place to be. I am not liking it.

Last night the official announcement about our new grandbaby went out on fb. Zeke is very excited.
      filedata/fetch?id=1934234&d=1603197685&type=thumb

The day is calling so Id better get a move on. Don't know why the one picture posted up on top but there you have it. Have a wonderful day everyone.
      Attached Files
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Last edited by Ginny B; October 20, 2020, 07:47 AM.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        You have beautiful grandchildren =)

• Cokie
        Cokie commented
        Editing a comment
        They're both so cute. What a fun way to share an announcement.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. That the same order of my DD's kiddos. How fun, and it looks like they will be spaced in age about the same. Busy times.

Good Morning..I had a miserable night...my stomach bothered me all night. I will try to take life easy today. Sugar was up bright and early today acting like a puppy again until she tries to play.

Just after dinner last night Jeff came indoors to announce that our porch was flooded from the kitchen. Sure enough the drain pipe from the dishwasher dislodged and water flooded everything under the sink and seeped out onto the porch. What a mess. We worked together and fixed the pipe but the clean-up was awful. The sink doors need to be left open for a few days to dry out. That was a diversion we didn’t need.

I’m not sure what the day will bring. I managed to sew a few pinwheels yesterday.

Friends, I hope you all have a great day...hugs.

CBD5CF8E-5D2C-4E40-A52D-6218B9AD2894.jpeg Sugar sends her thanks for all of your good thoughts and prayers. She promises to try to take things easy for a day or so.

Last edited by Bubby; October 20, 2020, 08:05 AM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Cokie
        Cokie commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I hope you had no surprises today! The picture of "Sugar" almost fooled me until I noticed the eyes! I'm very gullible...

• Star lover
        Star lover commented
        Editing a comment
        Sooo funny......just chillin.....something I wish I could be doing right now......minus the cucumbers! 🤣

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        The picture is not Sugar although it looks exactly like her. She loves to do silly things like the picture.

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was a gloomy day and we ended up with some snow coming down but nothing stuck, the ground is too warm yet. Never got out of the 30's yesterday. Today we are supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow. I'm hoping that it goes around us as I am supposed to go to Jennifer's to watch the daycare while she goes for a doctor appointment. This one has already been cancelled once so I'm hoping that we can drive over. Dave said he would get me over there if it is snowing. This morning is already 33 so maybe we will be rain instead of snow. I don't mind that as long as it doesn't freeze. There is a front coming though and we are supposed to have temps in the low 50's tomorrow so maybe our temps today won't get any lower.

Dave didn't sleep well at all last night. We both went to bed around 10:30 last night (not normal as I usually am in bed before him by around 10). He couldn't sleep so got up and did not come back to bed until around 2. He is already up but I'm thinking he is going to be more tired today than normal. He said he couldn't shut his mind off last night. I've had nights like that, too. Never used to, seems like that started after I retired. Maybe not tired enough??

I completed the Glam Girl quilt binding yesterday so if we go to Jennifer's I will drop that off for her to give to Debi I hope to get some sewing done today on the quilt for my best friend. I need to add a couple of borders then I can layer. My hope is to get it to the layering point today. I'd like to have it done by the weekend.

I was pretty busy yesterday, for me. I was able to get quite a bit done, took care of the tomatoes and made some banana cake. I need to frost it today. I'm not sure if I will freeze it or just take it to Jennifer's for her household. It is my son-in-law's and oldest grandson's favorite cake.

Not much planned today other than a couple household things and getting the frosting done. If weather permits we will be leaving here around 2:30.

Time for some coffee and breakfast. Have a great day everyone!

Carlie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a very busy day Carlie!

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Madonna. It looks exactly like our Sugar and she poses like this a lot, but it’s a picture someone sent me because of the resemblance to Sugar. Isn’t it a hoot!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        Michael has never slept well, but in recent months, he goes to bed around 1pm, up from 2:30 to 4:30-5pm and sleeps until 9-10am. This is in contrast to me, which screws up my days and getting ready. Lately, I just go in and take a shower when I get up. I have to get to the root of bad sleep habits.

Morning all,

We had some rain last night and again this morning, now just a slight drizzle. Looks like the sun is coming out and will dry things up.

Yesterday my time in the sewing room was making my husband some new masks. My husband does not care much for the pleated ones I made him as compared to the ones using the Creative Grids template. I have to agree I like them better to and they sew up very quickly. Did not sew any pillows yesterday. Had a big oops, and cut some fabric wrong. Soooo, will wait till Thursday when my local quilt store opens to replace that fabric. I am almost done with them, I will have 10 completed.

Last night I made a sweet and sour chicken which was very good, my husband really enjoyed it to the point where there is just a very small amount left but not enough for another dinner. I think I will make a crock pot lasagna for tonight. It is easy and will give me more time in the sewing room. I'm not sure which forum member originally posted the recipe but I think it was Carlie. Who knew lasagna from a crock pot would taste so good.

Off to the kitchen for breakfast and then on to the daily chores. Wishing everyone a good day!

Monique, pumpkin bread sounds yummy!
      Barb, hope today finds you feeling better.
      Last edited by Cathy F; October 20, 2020, 08:08 AM.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Not many leftovers are such a big compliment. I will have to look at that template. It's a bit difficult to breathe in the pleated ones I make...especially once a filter is inside.

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Too bad about your mis-cut for the pillow. I do that more often now than ever. I’m feeling better today.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I did post a lasagna recipe but not for the crock pot. Not sure who did.

Good morning everyone!

Spent a few hours with hubby at mama's yesterday assembling new furniture. Her suite is on the top and is super warm. Hubby was sweating with his mask on. Got it done though. I filled up her new dresser with her and re-organized her closet. I re-worked my Christmas quilt plan amd started cutting. After a couple of mistakes I decided to quit, as I was too tired. Nothing major that I can't re-do. I still have extra charm squares from the line.

Today is hubby's birthday. We will stay home at his request and do whatever he wants today. He has requested Indian food for dinner. That's one thing we have always gone out for...that and Chinese. Haven't been in so many months now. He saw an Instant Pot butter chicken recipe he'd like me to try. He also wants homemade naan bread and basmati rice. I'm looking forward to creating something new and different today! Hubby usually likes the same old, same old. I need to make regular buns and bread as well. I wanted to make a cake or pie for him but he wanted rice krispie treats instead. I made them last night. Whew...I am exhausted. Do I still have flour on my face? 😉

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Birthday to your Hubby. 🎂 Jeff is a meat ‘n taters kinda guy, so I seldom get the chance to cook exotic dishes. I hope the dinner turns out yummy. Mexican is about the most exotic thing I cook nowadays. Glad to hear you have your Mom almost all settled in. I hope she will be content there.
        Last edited by Bubby; October 20, 2020, 09:27 AM.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bubby. We like Mexican a lot as well. It's funny...at home he wants basics, yet when we go out he's fairly adventurous. Go figure! Lol. Mama seems calm and is settling in well. She does miss her old place and some of her freedoms like staying in jammies all day and eating when she wants to...all her things. She is determined to stay and thinks she will get used to it. I do as well.

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy birthday to your hubby!! If you need any Mexican recipes let me know..I make a lot of mexican food. We make alot of Chinese too.

Mornng!

Still not much happening here, so not much of a report. Cheryl gave Patsy a bath this morning before her vet's appointment this afternoon, so now Patsy is full of vinegar. I've never understood why dogs go berserk after a bath.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Our Girls love water in any form. Sugar would float on her back if I let her. Both Girls dunk their heads under water and have done that since they were babies.

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        My son takes his Doberman in the shower, easier than lifting a dog into a tub. personally i think it is the being enclosed that they hate in a tub. I must be part dog, as I feel energetic after a bath. Our dogs love to run when wet too, it must be to dry faster , lol

• srgreene
        srgreene commented
        Editing a comment
        Dogs are a trip. Toby loves his bath until the shampoo comes out. Until then he digs and splashes and enjoys the tub. Once he's out of the tub. Look out. Scottie screamers through out the house kicking up rugs and slamming into doors until he's nearly air dried.

Good morning,

Another rainy day here. I had to get an early start for a Nine AM appointment today. Doctor says that I need PT on my shoulder. At least he didn't say that I couldn't sew. PT is done and it does feel a little better with some movement. I am all crooked from compensating my shoulder and neck muscles. We will get there. I realized this has been going on for a year as it bothered me at the last mammogram appointment. One of the PT therapist is a quilter so she completely understands the process.

I didn't like the way the side panels came out on my project. There should be stippling on the panel to hold it to the soft-n-stable. I need to add that step into the machine, stitch it and then continue with the rest of the design. It means a start over but I will be happier with the results.

The LQS called and the dino quilt is ready for pick-up. Hopefully, I can make it there today. The binding is ready to go but I will need to make the label for it. Then I hope to start some holiday cards with a new technique. I love discovering and trying new things that incorporate fabric too.

Hope you have a great day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope your shoulder feels better soon Rhonda!

The god of worry must have been active last night. It seems quite a few of us had trouble sleeping. I usually head to bed around 1am. At 5am this morning I was still awake. I didn't wake up until 11:30am. That's a big change from 8 or 9 am. I didn't have my 1st tea of the day until noon. It's a wonder I didn't wake up to find Jack taking my pulse to see if I was still alive.
      I spoke with Jocelyn today. Her useless doctor, took several days to get in touch with her about her blood test results. To the lovely lady who said she would pray for a good doctor to be sent to Jocelyn, I thank you with all my heart. You must have direct dial prayer. Jocelyn is going to be sent to 2 specialists.
      I would say good morning but I totally missed having a morning today, lol. It's 4pm and time to think about a supper soon. Jack brought home Halloween treats this morning, and I just discovered a bag of teeny tiny tootsie pops. Some things still taste like they did 60 years ago, and I have had 4.
      Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep tonight. animated-tintin-image-0037.gif

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you sleep well tonight. Good news about Jocelyn!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        There are nights like that, and more of them lately with Michael. Usually doesnt bother me when he gets up and comes back to bed, but lately it does. Throws my rhythm off. Love Tintin.

It's Tuesday and we're home! I've got my feet up in the recliner for a bit. We'll have to go get something for dinner, but Gabby's in her favorite spot on the footrest of the recliner. I may have to stay here for a little while.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing wrong with tv dinners or frozen pizza upon returning home from a long road trip. Or cereal even. Rest up!

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome home!!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        Welcome back and put up your feet for awhile. You deserve a break after that road trip.

Glad you made it home safely. It will feel good to sleep in your own bed tonite!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        You have I no idea!

I had the last room on the hall at the Candlewood Suites in Charlotte. It was great for taking Gabby out, but the patio area was right out that door. There was a constant in and out... not to mention the sweet aroma, that wasn't cigarette smoke wafting outside that door from noon on until after 10!

I think the people in the suite above me must have been gymnasts, there was a whole lot of bouncing going on! All of the door slamming and strange noises kept Gabby on edge.

I did discover, I don't want a memory foam bed. Those things are hot! lol, I kind of like having a temperature control on the water bed.

Katrina ~ Glad you're safely home. Yup! No place like home & one's own bed. The new mattress I bought last year has some foam in it, but not memory foam, I think. I notice I sleep much warmer with this new mattress. We'll see how it is in the really cold weather. I sleep with my BR window open year 'round. In the winter months, it's usually ~ 65 deg. in my BR. I keep the door closed, heat vent shut, & a folded mat at the bottom of the door. Foam - that's another reason why I like feather pillows.

Comment

Working...
      X