Update 0n Sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 0n Sugar

Thank you for all of the sweet sentiments and prayers for our little Sugar this morning. She has been limping and babying her right front leg for several days now. Today was the earliest day we could see our wonderful vet, Tom.

Tom could tell that she isn’t extending her right knee fully. After a thorough exam he feels her issue is in the soft tissue, a strain or small tear (which don’t show up on x-ray). He gave Sugar a shot for pain and inflammation and some pills of the same medication. She also needs moist heat on her leg three times a day. I guess I’ve been promoted to Nurse Mom again.

Sugar was a good patient today. She’s fortunate to have a vet who cares so much for his patients. Tom took superb care of our Miss Molly, Sweet Olive and Dottie, our scottie Girls.
    He loves our Westies but he keeps telling me that I also need a Scottie. As much as I would love another Scottie I no longer have the stamina that young Scotties require...plus they can be sooooooo stubborn. The real reason is that there could never be another Scottie for me...Dottie took my Scottie Mom heart with her 💔

Here is what Sugar is up to now....napping under her favorite quilt on our bed. Maggie is just hanging out with Daddy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; October 19, 2020, 02:05 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Good news. I do hope she heals well and no further problems. tell her no jumping! well try anyway.

Comment

I'm glad Sugar didn't have a more serious injury. Your vet sounds wonderful.

Jeannette

Comment

Good news on not needing surgery of any kind, but trying to keep an active dog to relax and take it easy is not going to be an easy task for sure.

Comment

Wonderful news about Sugar! Patsy barks "congratulations" (or take me outside, I'm not sure😀)

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Good news for sure. Why is it our little dogs feel they have to do all that jumping? My dachshunds are that way, too. Here’s to a quick healing for Sugar.
            Carlie

Comment

Tom has seen Sugar in action. She runs as fast as she can through the kitchen and without slowing one bit she jumps on the arm of the sofa and banks off the arm, flying totally over the coffee table and landing on the chaise lounge in the corner of the room! This is a small Westie who knows no fear or common sense. She lives for the action!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Looks like Sugar has a great vet & will be back to normal before you know it. Glad to here she didn't need any surgery.

Comment

Good to hear the update on Sugar.

​​​​​
                  ​​Funny about your vet proposing more Scottie for you. Personally I've never had a stubborn Scottie. All my Scottie boys loved doing what I asked ... As long as that's what they Already planned on doing anyway. 😊

​​​

Comment

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s the mindset of all Scotties...everything has to be their idea and all is fine....lol!

• Hillbillyhike
                    Hillbillyhike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My Scottie is stubborn, busy, has no fear and everything has to be his idea. My Scottie is my hubby lol. 😉His grandfather and great uncle came over from Scotland. It made me chuckle the way you described Scottie dogs, I'm thinking...yup! Lol. He's a great guy and I wouldn't trade him for the world. In 31 years I've just learned to plant the seeds and bark back! 🤣

Barb, just got back from eye dr. visit. Good news is my vision hasn't changed. Hooray! I read the good news about Miss Sugar & that no surgery...Hooray for that!! Maybe the moist heat treatments & meds will help her. So glad surgery wasn't needed. Hugs from Aunt Gina

Comment

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I’m happy. If this doesn’t work we will do more in depth testing. Tom said her bones felt really sturdy. I’m really hoping this is the answer.

Good news! Thanks for the update on your fur baby. I hope the meds. & warm packs help. I know you'll be a good nurse.

Comment

Aww, they sound so fun. How do you keep them so clean!
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Bubby
                      Bubby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lorie, They were just groomed Thursday. They are very hard to keep clean. We live in the country so it’s a lost cause.

Barb, give hers hugs from me. Glad to hear nothing worse. Looks like an angel sleeping under her quilt.
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Glad it isn't any more serious than that. Give her hugs for me.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I am glad its something that the vet can fix. How on earth will you get her to stay still three times a day to have the moist heat applied ? Will you just have to hold her while its applied. She is so pretty and sweet laying on the quilt.

Comment

• Bubby
                          Bubby commented
                          Editing a comment
                          She loves to cuddle, so hopefully she won’t mind too much. If I hold her.
                      Working...
                      X