Welcome Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Monday

Good morning friends. I didn't get any sewing done yesterday. I did laundry instead. I also put away laundry. I like to do laundry but hate putting it away. I needed a laundry basket so it was time to put clean stuff away.

I have a large walk in closet in the bathroom. The last few years we have been storing hubby's golf clubs. Well it was time again BUT I had to make room. Brought out a drawer cabinet that I haven't look at in a long time. That made for more space. I also keep my flannel sheets in there for quilting. I have a bag of 'stuff' for garbage from that little storage unit. I put flannel sheets on my bed as well.

Not really sure what I will do today. I might attempt to sandwich the memory quilt. I decided to use one of those flannel sheets for the back. I don't know if I can use the community centre or not. I may call ahead. It would be so much easier if I could.

This week I have a dental appointment on Wednesday and on Thursday I have booked myself a foot massage.

Have an awesome day my friends. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning...I’m awake too early this morning. Sugar has to go to the vet for her limp so I need to get us ready after I drink my cup of tea.

I got no sewing done yesterday unless you count squaring up HSTs sewing. I made a big pot of chili for dinner and some nachos to go along with it. I also made two loaves of banana bread from a new recipe to use up several overripe bananas. We haven’t tried it yet but it sure made the house smell wonderful while it baked. I’m gaining a few pounds of my covid weight loss back.

Monique, a foot massage sounds wonderful!

Back to my tea. Have a great day everyone. Hugs...
    Last edited by Bubby; October 19, 2020, 06:29 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope Sugar will be okay.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Best wishes to Sugar today.

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Patsy barks her best wishes for Sugar!

Rob

I will let you know. We’re hoping she doesn’t need surgery. She’s a tiny thing but she thinks she can fly when she jumps. She has lots of crash landings. She also plays rough with Maggie.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully not Barb. Sending good vibes your way!

Good morning!

Monique, sounds like your getting so much organized......something I need to do too. Hope your appointments go well. I haven’t been to the dentist a year.....COVID. I go next month. I’ll have a new hygienist......not happy about it. But the woman I loved moved to Florida....sigh....so much has changed this year. A new hygienist is a small thing.

Barb, I hope Sugar’s foot probable: is a small thing and can be taken care of easily. Hugs.

Quiet weekend......except for a birthday celebration for our grandson. There were 17 of us.....out of our comfort zone, but we all kept distant. Our grandson was overjoyed to see everyone and of course gifts and cake and ice cream!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! ❣️
    💫 Star lover

Comment

I spent yesterday goingthru all the good morning posts I had missed. You all are so productive and busy. My my.
      DH spent the day putting the last formica on the third countertop. It looks fabulous. There are several nicks from the router but I would never point them out. He is so proud and would not take the criticism well plus...what could be done now, its done.
      I need to decide on what back splash I want. I just am so indecisive lately. I'm going between a brushed stainless steel laminate and a glossy black laminate. Hummm.'
      So today is a volunteer day at the RESTORE habitat for me. I really like the manager lady but not sure I like the policies of the charity. Still checking it out I guess.
      DH did early voting while I was gone so I'm going to have to figure out my voting on my own. New town, new voting poll...kind of ...well not scary but intimidating I guess.
      Joy, the fires are really close. I will pray that you remain safe. Amazin your area can be so dry and mine so wet.
      Winds are a little strong for fishing and are coming from the north. Funny how wind direction was never on my mind in the mountains but here it makes up the weather. N to NE is miserable, S to SE is beautiful. Weird.
      Hard to get back in my routine after being gone a week. I really can't put my finger on it. Its always been uncomfortable coming back into the house when I've been gone by myself but this time it seem even more strained. DH seems to become so fiercely independent and dominate when hes been alone. We will adjust again. Afterall...it s been 40 years. haha
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Good attitude Terry. My hubby is the same way.

Terry, I’m so glad you are back with us. Hugs.....

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning All. One step closer to getting back to working on the lap quilt gifts, got the batting yesterday, baste spray to delivered today and still waiting on the backing fabric to ship. Hopefully in next day or so it will be on its way. Finished the pillow cases and did some color sorting of the small scraps for later crumb sewing. Need to make a few phone calls today and maybe some leaf raking... maybe.... Up before the sun this morning, so a nap is probably going to happen today.

Hope all have a safe and happy day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'll have to be brief, since I need to get to the hosp. for an early appt. -- an ultrasound on that lump on my L. upper arm, & a chest XR. I have to be out the door by 8:10.

The Calwood Fire (in our county) didn't grow much over the past 24 hrs. It's just <9,000 acres. It was too cloudy yest. for the planes/choppers to fly, but at least the weather was cool--only in the 40's. So far 26 homes were burned. The Cameron Peak Fire in the next co., now is >200,000 acres.

I took it easy yest. Watched church on YT. It's been days since I've been to the sewing room. One of these days...

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishing you all the best Joy!

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Thinking of you today as you have your test.

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            best wishes for your ails and fires.

Good morning!

Today has started out dreary and wet. There is rain in the forecast all day. It's my Texas sister's last day with us, her flight home leaves very early tomorrow morning. She had a good visit with Mom yesterday. She told me to leave today open so we could do something. As of last night, she had no clue what that was.

I did not get any quilting done yesterday. I did bake the pumpkin cupcakes, and they turned out quite well. I haven't made that recipe for a couple of years. I frosted them with a maple cinnamon buttercream. I took the extra pumpkin over to my sister's house, she is going to buy some vanilla ice cream and make pumpkin ice cream with it.

I probably won't get to spend much time in the sewing room today. I still have a couple days of vacation left, though, so tomorrow will be a different story.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Enjoy your day with your sisters Julie!

Julie, So glad your Sis had a good visit with your Mom. Your cupcakes sound awesome!

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning,

It's been a rainy night and still continues this morning. Hopefully, the rain will keep our temps a little cooler today. I wish the rain would travel and help put out all the fires across the states.

I started a new tote bag yesterday on the embroidery machine. The pattern calls for batting but I used soft-n-stable for firmness since it finishes at 16x13x5. It needs to be large for the office files. The bag can be scrappy as they are little hexes that make the front and back panels. I may add a zipper pocket to the lining.

Our dinner with DD last night was good. When she came in she discovered a smoking hot pan on the stove. I was distracted in the sewing room and forgot about the pan. (Now is where I tell you that I don't leave the stove when it's on.) Double Yikes! I broke my own rule. Lucky the green beans weren't in the pan yet. After dinner and dishes she took the 5 pair of jean that I was recycling from closet clean out. Lucky we are the same size. Love my girl!

I keep getting "server error" message so let me post this before it goes poof! Happy stitches to all!

Comment

Good morning! I was thinking today was Tuesday till I read the topic for these posts! Don't know why it felt that way.
              I did a lot of shopping yesterday. I decided to buy a blanket for under the quilt before the cold weather begins. So first I went to Walmart. They only had the kind with the long pile. I just wanted a plain old-fashioned blanket with the satin edges. OK, I knew Bed Bath and Beyond would have a nice selection. They had none! What's up with that? I finally found one at Macy's. From there I went to Home Depot to get a replacement part for inside the toilet tank and fixed that when I got home. After Home Depot, I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics for some spandex to make those neck gaiter masks for Mike. Wow! I never saw that place so busy. There were 3 people cutting fabric and I was about 10th in line. Then, at the checkout, they had 6 people at the registers and I was about 8th in line! Went to Michael's for some repositionable glue that I'm using for paper piecing Valley Blossoms. One more stop for a few groceries before I headed home.
              Just going to do some work on the Valley Blossoms quilt today. I'm enjoying this project.
              Have a happy day!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                You sure had a hectic day yesterday! Sometimes it’s a blessing to have no stores to shop in and online is the one option. I quit depending on Walmart for much of anything other than two day delivery of some items. Glad you finally found your blanket.

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                The last blankets I bought at WM had no satin binding, just surged edges on all 4 sides. I bought the blanket binding myself (cost as much as the blanket!) & sewed it on for nice
                finished edges on the top & bottom.

Good Morning all,

We didn't get much above 38 yesterday. I believe we are done with the warm weather although I'm still hoping for a lovely Indian Summer. We are being told that we have a 90% chance of snow tomorrow. I don't know that I'm ready for that. I have to drive over to Jennifer's tomorrow so I'm hoping the snow misses us and her so there is no problem driving tomorrow.

Didn't do much yesterday except work on the quilt for my best friend. The top is almost done. Need to still add two borders which I think I may get to today. Groceries already purchased this morning so I'm on a roll. hope to get the bananas taken care of today as well. I bought a couple of small French bread loaves so I'm thinking maybe spaghetti for supper tonight with some garlic bread and a salad. Sounds good to me anyway.

Barb, I hope that Sugar comes out okay at the vet. I hate it when my dogs have hurts or don't feel good. I wish they could tell you what is wrong.

Time for some breakfast and coffee. Have a great day everyone!
              Carlie

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Monique...sounds like you were very productive yesterday. I enjoy purging and reorganizing. I don't like putting away clean clothes either lol.

Yesterday was a rest day. I prepared meals and did some kitchen clean up, emailed thank yous to mama's new staff and finally planned my Christmas wallhanging, I called and had a good catch up with my BFF and had good chats with my parents. Hearing my dad's hearty laugh made me feel wonderful!

I finished planning my Christmas wallhanging. I am ready to cut! I found a picture of a quilt on Pinterest with gifts like in Jenny's tutorial, ornaments and trees. Not sure what this pattern is called, but I will be changing it up with some other free blocks I found. I will be using the charm squares as they have green for the trees.The other fabric I'll use for another project. If I have enough scraps from the charm pack I'll make a runner to go on the table under where the wallhanging will hang.This morning hubby and I are assembling furniture for mama. I think he wants to get new windows for the covered back porch project reno afterwards if it's not raining. I'm making leel and potato soup today, as we have them ready in our garden.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Gppd morning!

Rain this morning, so Patsy doesn't want to go out. Of course, that's until she does and then she realizes that she'll get wet so she makes a beeline for the door. Then she wants to go out.....oh well, you get the idea. it's ooing to be a looooooong day (at least until it stops raining).

Not much happening other than that. Getting ready for her vet appointment tomorrow.

Have a great day all!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                  X