Returning to my quilting friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to my quilting friends

As you all may know, we made the move to the coast in April. My internet was all but nothing and a painful job to read or post on the forum. It might as well have been dial up. (remember that?) Well, yesterday, Spectrum (Charter for some of you) finally finished the construction part of the installation and got us hooked up. Oh my...I'm back in the 21st century. I had purchased a new computer in July and tried to download something as simple as google chrome with no success. I spent 8 hours doing it and it said at the end...unsuccessful, try again. Not to mention programs I really needed. I loaded all of the programs in less than 5 minutes when the Spectrum people left. Wow.
    Anyway...went to visit all the children last week. Ten hour driving each way. Had a great gramma fix. New baby is 9 months old and cute as a button. 30 lbs already. The rest of the grand children that I got to see (9 of them still at home) have grown like weeds. Took a 16 yr old to apply for a job. He was scared but felt confident after putting in his first application. Many of them are still going to sports practices depending on their school districts. They all have different covid restrictions. Went into several shopping venues and was amazed at how different cities handle the covid. It is pretty non existent where I live so it was interesting to see.
    DH started working on my new countertops while I was gone. He got some of the tops done and the sink installed. They will be beautiful when done. He is taking a break now and it will be interesting to see when he gets back to it. The mountain house kitchen got "almost" finished 20 years ago. We shall see. ha ha.
    Fishing is still a priority for us. We are enjoying this as a hobby we can share. Yesterday it was so windy and cool it wasn't much fun to be out and less fun for DH since I was the only one to catch a fish...a little (but eatable) croaker. I know how he felt. The thrill of the bite.
    Sewing occasionally. I'm sure that will pick up when I can't go outside any more.
    I have been looking at all of your beautiful quilts and feel bad that my internet hasn't allowed me to post how much I enjoy them.
    You all have a wonderful week.
    Love you each and all.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Terry ~ Soooo good to see you back! Glad you got the internet problem fixed.

Comment

Terry, I've been wondering how you're doing. Great to hear from you!

Comment

So glad you got your computer issues resolved & welcome back. Computers are amazing when they work right. Sounds like you are enjoying the move to the new location.

Comment

WELCOME BACK TERRY!! It's good to hear from you.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

SO GLAD YOU’RE BACK!! YOU WERE CERTAINLY MISSED.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome back Terry, glad you are back.

Comment

Welcome back Terry, we missed hearing from you. Glad all is well and you are back on line. Computers are a love/ hate affair, you love them when they work and hate them when they don't!
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Welcome back Terry! You have been missed.

Comment

Welcome back! You have been missed. I am glad all is well with you and also that you had such a great visit with the grands.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

So nice to see you are able to post again. I am happy you got to see your grands, that is the most special love. Congrats on your fish and new counters, hope the kitchen continues to be fixed.

Comment

Oh happy day Terry is back!!!

Comment

Hi Terry from BC! Welcome back!
                          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Oh happy day! Terry's back..yeah! Thankful all's well with you. πŸ’Ÿ
                            πŸ’« Star lover

Comment

Terry,

It's so nice to see your update and know that you can post again!

Comment

Working...
                              X