Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'll get us started this morning. I'm very thankful for a good night of sleep last night without the pain & misery of the night before. I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. So thankful I was once again able to sleep on my side. I slept soundly, getting up only once, & had a hard time waking up when the clock radio went off at 5 a.m. There's still discomfort in my leg, but not that bad pain I had 2 days ago.

We're having really smoky conditions. It was bad all day yest., evening, & it's smelled smoky all night. When I watered the flowers on the patio yest. eve. I noticed there were small particles of ash on the picnic table & still drifting down through the air. More areas were evac'd yest. It warmed up during the night; it's a balmy 65 deg. this a.m. It's supposed to be in the 70's today.

My big job today will be the chicken soup. I'll be in the kitchen most of the morning.

Good Morning....Joy, glad you got some good sleep. We saw on the news that the fire in CO was still not contained. I feel for you having to breath that smoky air.

The Girls did well at the groomer and they look and smell so good. It will only last about two days and they will be dirty again. Sugar is so tiny when her hair is shorter. She has to see the vet Monday for a limp she has developed.

I hope to spend time in the sewing room today. Yesterday I did a bit of pressing and trimming on the pieces for the small pinwheels.

Weโ€™re going to place a curbside pick-up order at Loweโ€™s, so we may be taking a long drive later.

I wish everyone a great day. Huggers....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet the Girls look so pretty! Hope Sugar is ok. Such a worry. Hug!

Good Morning. Well I made it to 5 am also and only one wake up during the night. At least we aren't predicted to be in the 80's today, it was a hot one yesterday. Pretty much had the fan going all day yesterday. Son and crew brought Italian food last night and it was so good and loved the visit. My oldest grands have grown even more, I swear my grand daught will be pushing 6 ft by the time she stops growing.

I plan on spending time in the sewing room today and finish up the pillow cases. My DIL last night said she needs new pot holders (ding ding.. I can sew those) and also new kitchen towels. Of course I need to buy some new fabric ( ๐Ÿ˜ ) for I want to match their kitchen colors!

Time for that 2nd cup of coffee and do some online looking for fabric. Hope all have a wonderful and safe day.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmm..Italian food is our favourite! We missed our trip go Italy this year. Hubby bought me a cast iron pizza pan and I have I have learned to make great pozza on it...not that I can eat it regularly lol. Glad you had a wonderful visit with your family Mimi. Yes...kids grow way to quickly!

Good morning,

Hello to our Saturday stitchers and every other day too. I hope to join you today and spend some time in the sewing room. Not sure what the project will be today. There are some extra pieces of batting that need to be used up. Some mug rugs would be great. I like to send one as a card for a cheer up. There is a tote bag made with hexies on the embroidery machine. That would use up some scraps in the bin so may be another option for today.

We are supposed to have some rain but temps will stay in the 80's and 90's. It would be nice for some cooler temps.

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Rhonda K; October 17, 2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you make a card Rhonda? That sounds neat? Mug rugs are on my list as well. I'd like to do a group swap some time.

Good Morning Everyone!

This morning seems to have come quickly. All of a sudden it was 7 o'clock! Must be the fact that it is still so dark still at 7. It is a little warmer this morning than yesterday at 41 and we are headed to the middle 50's today. It was pretty windy again yesterday so no burning. Maybe today.

I made an apple pie yesterday, one of Dave's favorites but still had some apples left so I also made his grandmother's Apple Pie Cake. The cake is baked in a 9 inch pie pan. I will probably be cutting that one up and freeze most of it. I have a bunch of bananas and since I already made banana bread last week and there are two loaves in the freezer I will probably make a banana cake and freeze that in portions as well. I'll have a bunch of "sweet treats" in the freezer then, cookies, pie & cake. Dave will have a lot to choose from and he doesn't mind going to the freezer and microwaving them when he wants a treat.

I am very happy this morning as I dropped a full pound over the last week. I have been changing things up with how I eat but I think just being able to move around more now that the injections are starting to make a difference. Now I just have to keep going in that direction!

I plan on making some beef broth today so it will be ready for when I make my vegetable beef soup. It is one of my favorites and I have many memories of my mom making this soup however she only put carrots, potatoes and cabbage in the soup along with the beef. I added a bunch more veggies and even Dave likes it--I've added leeks, rutabaga, green beans, corn, peas in abundance. I remember when I was young I would always add ketchup to the soup. I don't do that with mind. It's making me hungry for it just thinking about making the broth but Dave will not eat soup until it gets cold. This I do not understand, I can eat soup any time of the year. I'm like my grandpa, I guess. He loved soup, too.

I made it to the sewing room last night and I finished the quilting on the Glam Girl quilt and have the binding already sewn on as well. Today I will get the label done and will maybe sit and watch some TV with Dave tonight and finish it up. If not, I will probably work on the quilting for the Irish Change. The quilting on the Glam Girl quilt went so quickly and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'm hoping the Irish Change goes just as well. I may just take some time to figure out the quilt for my best friend and get that cut out today or tomorrow.

Off now for some breakfast and coffee. Have a great day everyone!
    Carlie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmm..homemade apple pie sounds so good! So does your veggie beef soup. And way to go on losing that pound Carlie! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Carlie I found that pound you lost ;-(, another lb I don't need.

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      Beef barley is my favorite soup. I have to say the taste of tomatoes makes a huge difference in a beef soup. If I don't have fresh tomatoes, I add a can of tomatoes to mine.

Good morning. The sun is shining brightly this morning. We had a good amount of rain yesterday. We need it.

Not much new here. I did get the quilts in the mail to Zeke and Avi. While cleaning a bit in the spare bedroom I came across a couple of cute purple bears that I popped into the box too.

Joy, I am glad you got some sleep last night. Don't overdo it today.

Time to get moving. I am working on a tshirt quilt for someone so I will probably spend some time on that and I also have some embroidery projects waiting to be done.

Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning!

We're expecting sun and highs in the mid 50's today. It looks to be our last dry day for a while, there is rain in the forecast pretty much every day for the next week.

I spent some time in the sewing room yesterday. I finished a couple of blocks for the new quilt. I thought I was done for the day when my machine started jamming. I cleaned out the bobbin area and was able to carry on. All was well until my Oliso iron quit working. The legs refuse to go down and it won't heat up. Fortunately, I still have my old iron. It works ok, it just doesn't have a lot of steam. I looked at replacement irons this morning and Oliso irons are out of stock. โ˜น

I went over to my sister's last night. The three of us had pizza and viewed the old family slides. Mom was a babe when she was younger. Of course, weren't we all?

I took advantage of the free shipping yesterday and ordered some white yardage and a panel. It will probably take a while to get here, but I am not in a hurry for either one.

It will be a quiet day today, just the usual household chores and some time in the sewing room.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear about your sewing troubles Julie. Glad you hot the jam cleared at least!

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        If I remember right I thought I heard those irons are guaranteed. Maybe check on that before buying a new one.

Good morning! I was able to sew on my next quilting project for the last 2 days! It felt wonderful to focus on something that wasnโ€™t hurricane related. Working on the Hungry Caterpillar quilt.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonderful Pam! So glad you got some time to relax and restore after all you've been through.

Good morning everyone!

Joy...so glad you have found some relief from the lain. Don't overdo it...especially outside with that smoke!

Hubby and I picked up the nightstands and delivered them to mama yesterday. The man at the loading dock was not happy to serve us. Not sure what eas going on in his day, but he was very snippy...kinda rude....and wasn't wearing a mask like I was assured he would be. Given his disposition...I just let that go amd stayed clear as best as I could. He was upset because I was wearing mine and he couldn't hear me too well. Too bad! I just spoke louder lol. Unfortunately one of the nightstands was badly broken. I'm busy now dealing with that.

Mama looked fantastic when we got there! She was out of isolation, bathed, dressed nicely, hair done and ready for her tour and lunch in the dining room with everyone! Heartwarming for sure!! During our calls later in the day I could hear how sharp and exited she was. Her nerves were gone, she met nice people and loved her day. She felt such pride in her independence of making it to the dining room and back all by herself at dinner and not even having to stop and rest. Yay mama!! I told her how proud I was of her. I said..."So I don't have to call the moving truck back?" ๐Ÿ˜‰ While still an adjustment, she had a great day and likes it there. That spark and spunk in her was back. I'm so relieved!!

I thinking about driving to her place this morning and doing some packing. Hubby will be sleeping in and the traffic should be good. I will meet the bed delivery crew this afternoon at her place. Going to start on a Christmas quilt tonight I think. Maybe I'll start with a quick charm pack runner.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
        Mimi_Howard commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember the first step my dad took with his fake leg, I hoop'd and holler'd with excitement, so proud of him.

Morning everyone!

Woke up this morning craving some biscuits, so I got out my "biscuit bowl" and made some. My mother had a blue bowl that she constantly used (no idea where she got it from), but after she passed my sister got it. It wasn't a big deal, but I always remembered her using the bowl. One day Cheryl and I were in what I call a "what not shop" and I saw this bowl. It was EXACTLY like the one Mom had, right down to the color and design. I use it only for biscuits.
      bowl.jpg
      Patsy let us sleep in this morning, not getting up until about 9 a.m. I slept fairly well (for me anyway) last night. Cheryl continues to practice her FMQ on a couple of baby quilts that she's making from panels.

I spent yesterday re-reading the article I mentioned, and I think it still is pretty good. It's a study of how Lincoln biography was influenced by Ida Tarbell and Carl Sandburg (yawn!) and their role in the promotion of popular biography as opposed to academic. I won't bore everyone with the details, but I've published in the past on both Tarbell and Sandburg, but this is the first time I've attempted to bring them together. I will likely try to place it with the Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association.

Patsy has her first appointment at the vet on Tuesday. The vet only does curbside for the time being, which is fine with me. We have to bring in a fecal sample, which isn't fine with me (but we'll do it anyway). It's not like she doesn't give us enough to work with.

On that note, I wish everyone a great weekend!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic bowl. It's a great color. I had a similar one only mine was beige. I loved that bowl. In our many moves it must have been broken. I don't see many around but like you if I do see one, I am getting it.

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        The bowl looks hand made. Does it have markings on the bottom

• Rob the HOAQ
        Rob the HOAQ commented
        Editing a comment
        To be honest I never have checked. I'll have to see.

Rob

Good evening from across water,
      Was hoping to get back on here this week but there been so much mental draining stuff to do just did not make it. We had a night of no sleep, due to cows being obvious split from family members, they were in distress moooing all night to their counter parts 3 fields over, cows are sure loud! It seems others agreed and farmer dispatched said cow back to farm for its home comforts. we slept so much better.
      Joy hope the knee stops aching.
      Suzanne prays for your mum's return to less worrying time, these moments are so scary hugs.
      Rob write a book on your interviews, am sure there are many funny stories. it may make a movie like the writer of harry potter.
      Although watching 'Nottinghill' the horse and hound interviewer moments too funny.

We are all of a dither today, there is new rules to follow, we do not go anywhere these days, but needed to accept an online grocery shop.
      The question was, do we wear a mask or not when in own garden.
      we decided a mask was better than nothing, when the delivery person came they did not wear a mask, they tootle round a large area delivering, and could be transferring the ........ from place to place, the less well, being the one receiving the groceries ect. ect. ect.

We come up with the method of the groceries are put on a table near the gate to save owr much puffing and blowing going over the shopping. himself than transfers, we set on the cleaning x storing, it is a joint effort,
      a cauliflower had to be put in a container, himself tried to fit a lid that did not fit, waited, waited waited for himself cogs to work, then said have you thought of cutting the stork off, lid went on. the carrots alas asked himself if was leading an linear existence, himself said you what? i meant are you lining up the carrots in the box. so all fit in. (ds9)

I remember the foot and mouth, the need for vehicles wheels to be drenched in powerful disinfectants between areas to save the animals in other areas, that memory makes me wonder about our current problem, perhaps we need to wear masks in all moments outside our front doors / outside our garden gates.

Its been cold inside today, so suggested opening all windows to let heat in x damp air out well the look sir gave me, (you cannot be serious)
      the heavy dew seeps though the handy air holes in wall to keep under floors right, but it dampens the carpets and cools air down,
      am sat in a slanket with a quilt round me next to fire, with gloves on, the windows are now closed and fire boilers on with the room door closed, am still nither'd to think we were at 21 degrees c last night before bed.

A funny story, while himself ordering the fire fodder, was asked if needed hotties, could supply 30, quick as a flash said send them round could get them to dig x weed garden, wash windows, clean out gutterings, mow/ strim lawn, heck it be all lovely smart again.
      The hotties were the burning wood kind, so disappointing.
      The best moment this week was himself admiring this weeks gf bread buns, he said they looked lovely although slightly lumpy, I said they look like lipomas, just like that not even thinking first.
      I thinks been watching too much dr Sandra Lee.
      himself was creased in laughter, so disgusting but true lol.

have fun in all you do,
      have a giggle or 2
      prays for those in need,
      may tomorrow be a great day too.
      T

Comment

Good Evening All,

We left VA this morning at 6:30. Arrived at Badin Lake around noon. We stopped at the NC Aviation Museum and walked around a bit. It's tiny compared to the Military Aviation Museum in VA. They had a 'new' plane to add to the collection in hangar 2, I don't know how they'll make it fit. I guess that was their big job for the day.

We made it the rest of the way to Charlotte this afternoon. We're on an end room and every time someone comes in the outside door Gabby goes nuts. It's going to be a long night. lol, We'll have to check out of this room to check into the two bed room tomorrow afternoon.We'll contact my Uncle Bill tomorrow and see what we'll do. Monday, the car has an appointment at Clover Chevy for the other parts it needs. It seems to be doing great, so it may not need anything else. We'll see, at least I'll get to visit with my cousin while there.

Mike wants to see Jerrad tomorrow. I need to go to the bank Monday. It will be nice to see someone at Truliant again! I wish they would open a branch down in FL!

Have a great evening.

Katrina
        โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
        X