I DID IT ! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID IT ! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I probably shouldn’t feel giddy about renewing my drivers license but I passed everything and they renewed me for three years! When we turn 70 in Missouri the maximum renewal is three years. I’m shocked my eyes were good enough to pass. Next time I’m sure I will need glasses to renew. The things that thrill us as we age...lol.

Lorie, did you get your license yet?

Karen, it’s the worst picture I ever took!
    Last edited by Bubby; October 15, 2020, 10:32 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Congratulations, Barb. We can renew every 5 yrs. here.

Comment

Congratulations Barb! I'll have to renew late next year...if I don't go for a Real ID sooner.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I already had my Real ID and all I needed to bring were two proofs of residency and my Real ID and take the eye and road sign tests.

I know exactly how you feel as I just renewed mine about a month ago. My license is good for 8 years but from now on I have to actually renew in person (can't renew online or through the mail). The pictures on ours are no longer in color & I look about 90 years old in my picture. 😲

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Eight years would be awesome! Before I turned 70 I had a 6 or 7 year license. Missouri has new laws and the cost of everything has almost doubled.

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        No two states handle things the same way.

Congratulations Barb! That must be a relief. Independence is so important. My FIL just passed his and is relieved. He's turning 90 next month. He didn't think his eyes were good. He needs glasses though he was told.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I will need glasses next time but that’s okay as long as I can still drive.

Yeah!!! Happy dance!

No, I have to wait for my glasses to come in. i know I won't pass that.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I took a chance but I wanted to know if I needed to go to the eye doctor. My current license is good for four more months but I wanted to renew early because of the flu and covid this winter. My new one will expire three years from my birthday in February. Good luck with yours, Lorie. I hope I will be able to do the Happy Dance for you!

When we moved here both Cheryl and I had to take an exam as well as pass an eye exam. I passed the written test on the first try, but it took Cheryl three times to pass. She always passed the practice tests at home, but froze when she was in the driver's license facility. I, on the other hand, just barely passed the eye portion of the test. The kind lady did just about everything she could do without giving me the answer, but I had forgotten to bring my reading glasses. She put on my license that I had to wear glasses while driving, which I do (most of the time). I've gotten to the point where I have more trouble driving at night.

Congrats Barb!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        It can be a tense time. I was filling out a form for them and one of the lenses from my glasses dropped out....lol! They were just readers and wouldn’t have helped me pass the eye exam. No biggie, but I was already a little nervous because the employees weren’t wearing masks.

Ours are good for six, I think, and I have to renew mine next July. For renewals, all they do is the eye test, take your picture then take your $$$$. If it expires, it's a whole different story.

If you see someone who appears to be an unsafe driver, you can contact DMV and report them and they can be called in for retesting. When I nearly got hit by and old man at a gas station, I got out and talked to him. He had not even seen me as he was so intent on getting to the pumps!! I did say that I was tempted to call and report him and he said that he wished I did because it was not safe for him to drive!!! Even thought I was tempted, I didn't.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a similar situation with an older lady in the parking lot of our local grocery store. She hit me going slow and didn’t realize it.

To avoid our dmv here I opted just to renew mine online, good for another 5 years unless I go for the real ID thing sooner. To get the real ID this year, appointments were taking 6 to 8 weeks to get and my license would have expired by then. I think the regulation for having to have the ID to travel has been extened until fall of next year, I could be wrong. And night driving is at minimum for me, only the local roads that I am familiar with do I drive at night.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        In Missouri the deadline for the Real ID is October 2021. Missourians can’t renew their license online or by mail. I’m glad I got my Real ID last summer.

Hooray for you!!
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks...it’s such a relief to have this done for three years.

We renew every 5 years, I think. Somewhere along the line, I ended up with the code for a motorcycle along with a car. I never applied for it, took a test for it or even a class. a number of years ago, my husband had a motorcycle and he let me run it around the house in the yard. As I came up from the back yard, I screamed "How do I stop this thing?" Before he could tell me, I ran into a shrub in the front of the house!!! The last time I renewed my license, the lady asked me if I wanted to keep the motorcycle code. I replied, "Of course I do!!!!"

Nancy

Comment

Congrats on your success!

Comment

Barb congratulations on the renewal of your card, I always say that it was a great fight that led to the woman to be able to do things like drive and we cannot lose that right, in my country it is renewed every five years from the age of 65, my last license expires on the 24th.

Comment

Great news. Freedom and independence -- may you keep it for a very long time.

Here we renew every 5 years -- no need for any tests. At 80 though, you need to take a written test, and license is only good for 2 years at a time. I think this is reasonable.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Suzanne.
          Working...
          X