It's Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thursday

Good morning friends. Well it's Thursday and a work day for me. I made it out to town yesterday and did what I had to do. I didn't get any sewing done but I did putter in the sewing room for a bit. I think I am like Rob, my mojo is missing.

And so yes a WORK day. I am only 10 minutes away so I may come home for lunch.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Mornin!

Monique, I hope your day at work goes fast. Have a great day tomorrow. 🧵

I’ve been soaking my feet and the pain is better. I couldn’t stand socks on my feet (kept snagging that toe nail) so I’m wearing a band aid. Seems to be working. Getting looser and looser......looks awful. So a band aid works great!

Finished my pillows. They look nice. I’m happy. Now to get the pillow forms and I’m ready with a couple gifts for Christmas.

Hope everyone’s day is peaceful and productive.....in whatever y’all do ❣️
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear the pain is a bkt better. Must feel awfully tender.

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have an aloe vera plant, be sure to use cracked opened leaf, it is not just for burns. Wishing you fast healing.

Good Morning ~ Have a good day at work today Monique.

It sounds like a lot of us have lost our sewing mojo. I know from losing mine several times that it’s a temporary condition. Don’t beat yourself up because you don’t want to sew. What usually gets me going again is when I go into my sewing room and begin to sort through things and organize my fabric. Then I watch a few new tutorials for inspiration. Usually I choose something small to get myself sewing again.

I’m debating about going to renew my drivers license this morning. They don’t wear masks there and that bothers me but they limit the number of people in the office. I guess I need to bite the bullet and make myself do it. It’s raining this morning.

The Girls are going to get groomed tomorrow. I found out that the shop has a new owner but she is keeping the staff.

I cut about three inches off my hair and it looks awful. I haven’t been able to get in touch with my hairdresser.

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay happy and safe.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      We can renew registrations online but not driver licenses. We have to take the eye exam and road sign test every time we renew. We don’t get any breaks in Missouri.

• MSN
      MSN commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was a teenager and passed my driver's test, I had just gotten the worst perm ever. They made me remove my bandana for the photo. For the next four years, my driver's license photo looked like Roseanne Roseannadanna.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      MSN...are you my long lost sister?? Mine was a home perm. 😂 Roseanne Roseannadanna lol! Ahhh...fond memories, huh? I had just started senior high school when I got mine. My friends gave me a rough time about wearing my bandana. Oh little did they know how much it helped!
      Last edited by Hillbillyhike; October 15, 2020, 09:33 PM.

Morning all,

​​​​​Looks like the start of another sunny day. Sitting here enjoying my first cup of coffee while the house is quiet. Today is our 54th anniversary, I can't believe how fast those years have gone by, if only we could have another 54.

Yesterday I did spend some time in the sewing room and worked on pillow #6, the dinasaur, hopefully will get it done today. I am whittling down the field slowly but surely.

I hear my husband getting up so off to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Wishing everyone a good day!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Debbie Watters
      Debbie Watters commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy anniversary! Have a wonderful day!

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Anniversary to you both =) That is the sweetest thing to say , wishing you had 54 more years.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy anniversary!!

Good morning. Looks like another nice day before the rain comes tomorrow. It will be a good day to get outside and do more errands. I cut a few more pieces for my quilt but that is about it. One of our DD came over to visit and get her mail.

its National pug day. We seem to get the pugs with special behaviors. The poll on pie vs cake — cake won (72%)
    have a good day
    Beth

Comment

• K. McEuen
      K. McEuen commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on what you mean by special. When I was a little kid, my Auntie Ruth had two pugs. They would come, sit on you feet, fart, and then get up and leave. Evidently my sister thought that was really special because a few years ago, when she was actively showing pugs she had 23 of them.

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      Our pug is special or at least she thinks so. She is kind of gassy, too.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a weather day we had yest.! It was unusually warm when we got up, & the temp. went up from there. By 1 p.m. we hit 90 deg.! Beautiful blue skies, but oh so windy! One mtn. pass had a wind gust of 104 mph. The wind blew up the Cameron Peak Fire yest.; I could see the huge smoke plumes in the sky. This a.m. they're reporting the fire grew by 20,000 acres & covers >158,000 acres, now our largest fire in CO history. Only 56% contained. Very sad for those who have had to be evac'd & are wondering if they will have a home to return to.
    In the space of 30 min. or so, that wind blew in the cold front & the temp. dropped almost 20 deg. By eve. it was down to 55 deg. It's in the low 40's this a.m. So we got the sprinkler system blown out just in the nick of time. It's supposed to be only in the 50's today.
    I saw the dr. yest. a.m. about a lump on the under side of my L. upper arm. She feels certain it is a benign lipoma. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on Mon. Waiting for a surgical consult to have it removed, which can be done in the office under local anesthetic. The dr. put my mind at ease.
    Today is a dental appt. for another filling, then I should be done. I need to stop at the groc. store for chicken & 5 lb. of carrots. It's time for chicken soup....again.
    Can't remember if I mentioned this -- there is a surge in Europe of C-19. My DIL's nephew has tested (+) & her sis was waiting for test results. She was experiencing some cold-like symptoms. DIL's parents are high risk; he's undergoing treatment for cancer.
    No more time now.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Good news that it's benign Joy! That must have been a relief to hear. I hope your DILs family will be ok.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I won't know for sure the lump is benign until the surgery & biopsy results are done.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh..well I hope it goes well!

Good morning!

We have already hit our high for the day. Temps will stay in the low 60's this morning, then drop into the 50's when the rain comes this afternoon. My sister's flight gets in late this afternoon.

My friend's DH & I retrieved Mom's bed yesterday. He finished walking the dogs early (he volunteers at a local shelter), so I had to scramble to meet him at Mom's facility. My sister and I set the bed up in Mom's old room, now my sister's sewing room. I am so glad that chore is done. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the bed after our sister goes back home, but that's a problem for another day.

This morning is going to be a busy one. I need to run up to the grocery store. After I put the groceries away, it will be time to pick up our order from HoneyBaked Ham. From there I'm off to Panda Express to pick up lunch. My employer has a big charity drive this time every year. They worked with Panda Express, a percentage of every order submitted with our code today will go towards the charity. My Ohio sister and I have never eaten there before.

I spent a little time in the sewing room yesterday. I made a test block for the curved log cabin quilt. I think it would go faster if I could set up a nest like Jenny -- with a small table for cutting and another one for pressing.

I had better grab some breakfast before I run to the store. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      If you like Chinese food you will like Panda Express. I go there once in a while. Watch for the peppers on the menu, they signify the spiciness of the dish. I like their orange chicken but it can get a little spicy.

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Carlie! We are trying the orange chicken.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Panda Express, too, for an occasional change of menu. Not all Panda Express are created equal. I buy from the one that has the best food. Some of the others may not be quite as good. It just depends on the cook.

Good Morning all,

Monique, how is your foot doing? Any better?

This morning it is 33 degrees going to a predicted high of 51. Not sure we will make it. We did get to around 65 yesterday but the winds were ridiculous. We didn't get winds like around you, Joy, but we did have gusts over 40 mph. Hopefully it won't be quite as windy today as Dave and I will be burning brush and the annuals that have been pulled for the winter.

I got the laundry done yesterday and did a few other things. Dave and I went to the pet store for the R/O water and some fish food. Not much else. I did start the quilting of the Glam Girl quilt and it is going very pretty good. I was concerned about the minky on the back, that it would be harder to quilt. So far, so good.

I'm hoping to get upstairs later this afternoon after we get the yard cleaned up. I'm thinking we should be able to get all the rest of the plants pulled and hopefully burned before lunch.

Off now for some coffee and breakfast before we go out and tackle the burning. Have a great day everyone!
    Carlie

Comment

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not better but no worse. I wasn't on my feet so much today.

Good morning!
    I got some more cutting done yesterday for pieces for Valley Blossoms and made a valance for the window of the powder room. The window is right next to the front door and has shutters inside, left there by previous owners. I don't like shutters-- they had them on every window on the second floor-- but they work for the powder room.
    Mike went and picked up a few groceries yesterday. After reading here somewhere that people are having trouble finding canned pumpkin, I asked him to get some if the store had any. He was able to get me three of the smaller cans but they were $2 a can on sale!! Sheesh. But I have to have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, so that's ok. I suppose he'll be going shopping again today because he wants an apple pie for dessert tonight. I need some piecrust for that. I always use those Pillsbury crusts.
    Later this morning I have my every 6 months checkup with the doctor. (type 1 diabetes) It's a video appointment which I like. It's so convenient. His office is in the area of the city where Univ of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon campuses are, plus a few hospitals. Traffic around there is always crazy!
    I hope everyone has a happy day!
    ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget that I have extra pumpkin I'm willing to part with if anyone can't find it. Only thing I want is for someone to cover the shipping.

Rob

• Angelia
      Angelia commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered from W..M.... online. $1.74/can

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      But remember folks, Rob wants $1000 for shipping. 😉

Good morning everyone!

Hubby and I made it out to mama's old place. Didn't get much done, as hubby forgot the dolly and didn't have patience for packing. I'm best to go myself to do that. Maybe next week as this week is almost done and I have my own chores to do today. Her furniture comes on Saturday so I'll be going to see her then.

I'm quite concerned about my mama. She fought for her independence for too long and now she is wanting me to do every little thing for her. I'm wondering if this is typical with all she's been through. I'm concerned about her mental health and think there may be some depression happening. I know this year has been a huge adjustment for her, but I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should talk to her doctor. I think I'll call the Director of Care at her home today and see shat she thinks.

I worked on hubby's birthday vift bag yesterday. My Heat and Bond Ultra came yesterday. To my disappointment it says I can't sew on it. It doesn't matter for this project, but I have 5 yards of it lol. Hubby has been sleeping in these days. I need to prepare another hand sewing project for those quiet mornings and tv evenings with him. I'm thinking some hexies for now.

I have a long chore list today. I hope to do some sewing tonight.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Hieke, I think its normal for our parents to give in and let us do things for them. My mom was the same, fierce and independent. Slowly she realized that she couldn't do everything by herself. I helped, but at the time I worked with 2 young kids, so I got her some assistance so she could stay in her downsized apartment as long as she could. When she kept having repeated strokes and after a 6 week hospitalization, she suggested I get her in a senior's residence, which I did. Luckily, we had been downsizing along the past 10-15 years, so there wasn't as much stuff to dispose of.

Be patient and don't be hard on yourself. Adjustments dont come easier as we age. She will get used to her environment, meet new people and hopefully they have activities she can participate in.

Well Good Morning to All. The day finally arrived, escrow closed yesterday on my dads house and the for sale sign was removed. Investors bought it and will flip it. My realtor said they will do repairs and upgrades and hope to have back on the market in December. She said when that sign goes up to call her and she will arrange to get a tour of it for us. At least when the house becomes a home for someone it will be in much better shape than it is right now.

So onward now with selling property in Tenn and more legal stuff. Who knows... by year end I could actually be close to the finish line.

Ordered backing fabric yesterday for the 3 lap quilts for my GF's for Christmas and while waiting on them I am doing little sewing things, don't won't to sit too long for that sewing mojo is on the fragile side right now. Have to keep the momentum moving forward. So just taking my time and sewing some pillow cases.

Time for more coffee and emails/calls on legal stuff. Hope all have a safe and happy day.

Comment

Good morning,

It's cloudy here but I think the rain will hold off. I cleaned and scrubbed yesterday and did loads of laundry. The bedroom closet is re-organized too. Today is my hair appointment and then off to take DGSon to the local drive through safari. He loves seeing all the animals up close.

The upgrade for my embroidery machine is in so I will pick it up this weekend. It has more features for the borders functions that I'm excited to learn. The new designed magnetic hoop is on order. The magnets allow you to slide the project along in the hoop instead of re-hooping completely each time.

Thanks for the reminders to put pumpkin on this list. I usually have a few cans in the pantry for baking.

Hope your day is wonderful and you have some stitching time!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the brand for the magnetic hoop?

Good morning.

Woke up with a face full of basset this morning. That's definitely an alarm clock without a snooze button. Luckily it was just a little before the time I normally try to wake up, so I didn't miss much sleep.

Still no sewing. Not even going to say that I'll try today. I've got to run by the bank this morning, so Patsy will get a ride in the car since it's easier to take her with me (we still just use the drive thru, so I don't have to leave her inside, not that I would anyway). Not really sure if I'll get anything accomplished today. Read for about an hour outside yesterday, but not sure if I'll be able to do that today as I hear light raindrops on the skylights.

Did better on the diet yesterday, and my blood sugar was back to normal this morning. I have got to keep that up!
      Have a great day all.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Back again ~ The dentist's office called just after 8 a.m. They are short staffed today, so we had to re-schedule my appt. for Tues. next week. I'll still head out after breakfast to run my errands. I seldom go to Walmart any more, but I have several items on my list that I'll get while I'm up on that end of town. Nothing urgent, but I like to make my trips count & combine errands if I can. I guess it's a good thing I'm not shopping for pumpkin. Who would have thought there would be a shortage on that. Of course, one could always buy a whole pumpkin & go to the bother of cooking it up, etc. Sounds like a lot of work, though. I never make anything with pumpkin. If I need a pie, it's just easier to buy one at the bakery. I don't do much baking these days. Diabetes kind of spoiled things for me when it comes to enjoying all those desserts. I suppose due to the pandemic, we won't have our annual Thanksgiving potluck at church this year. So many activities have been canceled or altered in some way due to C-19.

Rob, I think I would not enjoy waking up to a bassett (or other pet) in my face. The clock radio wakes me up; I listen to 5 min. of news/weather then crawl out of bed to start another day.

We're having a sunny morning, but it's chilly -- only in the 40's. I suppose I'll need to wear my winter coat today.

Comment

I hope can pumpkin has a long shelf life, mine has been in the pantry for over a year. The curse of having been so sick with the gallbladder, I did so little. Now there are dusty cans in the pantry. Jack went to Walmart this morning , and bought 2 of their made pies. Is it me or are the Walmart pies the kind made for pie throwing contests ? He's going to think I became a pie glutten while he sleeps tonight...I wonder if skunks and raccoons would throw the pie back at the house ? I don't have the heart to tell him his thoughtfulness is unedible. Glad skunks hibernate as I expect they will soon be gone. I saw the skunk out there searching for more food last night so I cracked the open the front door a bit and laid a bowl of cookies there for him. O the madness of hermits ! I love being a hermit under normal circumstances but the virus undermines the joy of being a hermit. Being a hermit by choice is better. Now I just want to paint black strips on my windows.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
            Rob the HOAQ commented
            Editing a comment
            As long as the can isn't swollen or smells funny when you open it, it will be good. Modern canning and processing makes canned goods virtually shelf stable for decades.

rob

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            Careful with the black stripes, skunks from miles away may see it as a sign and end up on your door step wanting a bowl of cookies!
        Working...
        X