It's Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday

Good morning friends. I had an extremely busy day yesterday. I managed to get through all the parcels with ease as I made a list of streets that I could use on the spot. Saved a lot of steps as the list is on the other side of the room. I did end up taking a selfie in front of the stack of parcels, they were piled over my head. I spoke to the big boss and sent her the pictures I had taken. She told me she would do a follow up.

I barely had time for lunch and didn't stop until 4:30 when I finally got to sit down. My feet were killing me. I have been having trouble with my left foot, don't know if it is a muscle problem, but man oh man was it sore yesterday.

I got called to work tomorrow at the one closest to me, 10 min away. I couldn't do Friday as my friend and I are supposed to go on a road trip. Suzanne will know of this quilt shop in Cornwall that I would really like to visit. You do have to make an appointment but I think we can handle that. Apparently there is also a warehouse store somewhere there as well. Looking forward to having a girl's day.

And so today I need to head into town and get rid of some bags of stuff that are going for donation to a store in town. I will take a cauliflower to my sister-in-law so she can make some soup. After that I am not sure what the day holds.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning everyone!

Wow Monique, that’s a lot of packages 📦 and a long day. So happy you’ll get away Friday.....and to a quilt shop! Yippee!

Well I’ve decided not to pierce my toe nail. I’ve been soaking it and the pain is bit less. So I’ll watch, wait and see .....if it doesn’t get better I’ll see a doc. But the nail is lose, so I’m thinking it’ll fall off at some point. That might be better as it’s unbelievable how bad the pain is when the nail catches on anything....including the sheets!

A good thing is that I’m sewing! I’m making pillows and pillow cases to match the quilts I’d given to my sons and their wife's as Christmas gifts this year. I’ve finished 1 set and am almost done with the other. I may finish today.

DH is getting all the paperwork ready to retire. His plan is to retire the end of year. Wow, there lots to get through and I’m nervous about it all. But mostly I think it will all go well and it’ll be a change to our lives.

Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day! ❣️
    💫 Star lover

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb ~ Would it help to wear a sock so your nail doesn't catch on the sheets? Hope your toes gets better soon.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      My hubby just retired. Yes...tons of paperwork. I love him being retired though. It's taken a big workload off of me. He has gotten so much done and still has had time for his hobbies.

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Anita, maybe you put band aid on a little bit loose?

Morning Monique and all that follow. Monique, I hope your foot gets feeling better soon, sweetie!

Update on our new adventure in Arkansas! Halona (DD) started her new job yesterday at Harbor Freight, DH is waiting to hear back from a tractor dealer in Springdale. He has completed interview, background check and drug testing. Fingers crossed!

DH got our Arkansas car plates yesterday...no more VT car plates!

I went to a sewing machine dealer in Fayetteville yesterday to see when I could bring in my Jazz baby to get looked over. It's been a while. And, I bought a new Fons and Porter Design wall. My last one was done. The sewing room will hopefully get more attention this weekend.

Everyone have a great day.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay, Sherri. With your Arkansas plates you guys are “locals” now. Ahhhh..The Natural State! Good for Halona for getting a job so quickly. Praying for DH’s job.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      You sound so happy in your new home.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy to hear your update and all the good news on your adventure. Best wishes for the new job too!

Morning all,

Just a quick hello this morning. Looks like the sun will be making an appearance today. We've had two dreary days with some rain so I am looking forward to a bright sunny day.

Finished a pillow yesterday and hope to continue with another one today. We'll see how that plan goes.

I slept in a bit longer than my usual 5am, didn't get up till 6:30 so now I'm off for coffee!

Monique, you had quite the day yesterday, hope you enjoy your road trip!

Wishing everyone a good day!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning ~ So far I don’t have big plans for the day except dusting, laundry and some time making pinwheels. Dinner will be leftover chicken and dumplings and a veggie. It’s supposed to be cooler today.

Monique, you had quite a day yesterday. I hope your foot feels better...how miserable to have to endure that pain all day. Your road trip sounds like fun!

Cathy, good luck in your sewing room today.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hugs.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Can you believe it? The temp. this a.m. is 73 deg. I don't know what happened with the weather. It cooled off to 60 deg. early in the eve. yest., then by bedtime it was back up to 70. The wind has picked up. When the clock radio went off at 5 a.m. they mentioned the winds had kicked up the Cameron Peak Fire & more mandatory evacs. were ordered. It's supposed to be close to 80 today -- probably for the last time, as a cool front is forecast. I saw a low of 30's.

Today will be a busy day. BSF on Zoom at 9:15. A dr. appt. at 10:15, & sprinkler system blow-out at 1:30. DH drained the anti-siphon valve yest., so things are ready.

Last eve. was our quilt guild mtg. on Zoom. The JR challenge is ending. By Oct. 1 there were 50 quilts submitted. A few more will come in by the 15th. A web site has been set up displaying all of them for a virtual sale on line. This is our fund raiser for this year. Later on, our annual quilt show also will be on line. Our speaker last eve. was Sheri Cfaldi-Morrill, Whole Circle Studio, who gave a very thorough presentation all about Aurifil thread, with pictures of various quilts made with the variety weights & colors of thread. Surprisingly, the majority of them were quilted on her DSM using the walking foot. There were 89 participants on last night. I think that's the most we've ever had.

Well, no time to linger. I need to get going.

Comment

• srgreene
          srgreene commented
          Editing a comment
          My the sunrise this morning was incredible. Orange end to end. I was wondering if the fires kicked up over night.

Sandy

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the Cameron Peak Fire blew up over night due to the windy conditions. More evacuations were ordered. When I was out today, I saw huge plumes of smoke billowing up high in the sky. The winds seemed to be blowing it east. Ft. Collins, Loveland, & Greeley were getting increased smoke. There are pics on the web. It probably will be on the eve. news.

Good morning! Monique, I hope your foot feels better and you have a great girls day out. Joy, my grandkids live in Colorado Springs. I check their weather from time to time and notice it's been warmer there than in KY lately. Barb, I love chicken and dumplings.
        It's supposed to be a sunny, warm day here, so I plan to "mow and blow" to chop up the leaves that have fallen. I need to soak up the sunshine to fight off the winter blues that I can already feel coming on. Anyone who deals with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) will know what I'm talking about. It's a battle sometimes. Please continue to mask up and stay safe. 😷
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          I grew up in Colorado Springs and I still have family there!

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          Fellow SAD sufferer here. I have the therapeutic light box, but rarely use it because it is so bright it drives DH crazy. I swear, that man is part mole. Myrna, have you had your Vitamin D level checked? I get the same winter blues and lack of energy when my Vitamin D level is low. It usually happens every winter, but this year I had symptoms in June. Sure enough, my level was down -- lower than it has ever been. After 12 weeks of high-dose Vitamin D, I was able to (just barely) get back to the normal range. After a lot of begging my primary care physician, I finally convinced her to prescribe a refill. If I can maintain in the normal range, I think I will feel a lot better.

Good morning!

It's going to be a nice day today, with a high near 70 and some sunshine. We're expecting cooler temps and rain tomorrow -- I hope my sister's flight doesn't have too much turbulence. She does not like bumpy flights.

Our visit with Mom went ok yesterday. She was a little out of it when the visit started, but she perked up towards the end. Unfortunately, I got into two arguments with the facility's staff. The first argument was about their thermometer -- either it is faulty or the staff don't know how to use it properly. Every single time they take my temperature it reads as too high and I have to wait and have my temperature re-taken. Every. Single. Time. I told them they need to buy a new one. The second argument was over the time of our appointment. There are two ladies who organize the visits. The one told us our 10:30 appointment had to be moved to 10:45, to give them time to sterilize the room. No problem, that's fine. Except...she didn't tell the other one that she changed our time. We were taken to task for not being there in time for the 10:30 appointment. That prompted a heated exchange, because if we were late they would have shortened our visit.

I really need some sewing therapy, but I don't know if I will have time for the sewing room today. I am looking forward to starting my next project.

Time for a cup of tea and to log back in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Very frustrating when the right hand doesn't talk to the left. Fortunately you can have indoor visits. We will not be allowed to have indoor visits without a negative test result, and no visits during this 28 day designation of Red Zone. So its phone calls for me. Video chats for my DD & mom's companion before COVID.

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          Sewing therapy, it is sew that lol. When I don't have time to sew, or just too tired to sew, I watch Jenny sew up a quilt. When I get a bit down, I watch Cowboy Kent videos on you tube. He is very optimistic, and cheerful.

Good morning. Special note to Bubby...my quilts were all safe & in great condition after both hurricanes! 😁. Our electricity came back on Monday afternoon​​​​​​. Yay! My parents have a volunteer group coming next week to start tearing out damaged Sheetrock, carpet etc...so they are happy about that.

I’m hoping to start on a new quilting project today. My attention span has been very short after 2 hurricanes in 6 weeks. My project needs to be completed for the end of December. 😳😳
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankful that you and yours are safe.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I am happy your quilts are safe and that your home did not have as extensive damage as others we have seen on the weather channel. It must be devastating for your parents. Hoping all goes well with the removal and rebuilding.

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd be concerned if your attention span WASN'T affected. One hurricane was bad enough, but TWO? You are one strong lady. Glad to know your parents have those volunteers coming. Gina

Good morning. We finally have sunny day here. Rain is suppose to return on Friday. I did a lot of cutting strips and squares for my quilt. My wrist needs a break. I also made some Halloween cards.
        i have to run errands this morning. Our cleaning person comes this afternoon, so I may get a few more strips cut. I try to stay out of his way.

I heard it is National Dessert Day. I like a variety of desserts. There was also a poll— pie or cake. Which one won? I will post tomorrow.

Comment

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          I like both but I now tend to go for a good homemade pie. I owned a custom cake business and taught confectIonary arts for many years so cakes have lost some of their appeal for me.

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say Cakes will win. Hard to screw up a cake. There is only so much sugar and lard icing a stomach can take. A pie is heavily dependent upon a perfect crust for success. I would vote pie . Pumpkin is my favorite , and then lemon meringue is my second favorite.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooo -- desserts. Unfortunately, I have to be disciplined to not indulge not too often due to my diabetes. I love a good carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, apple pie, or strawberry-rhubarb. I like a good peanut butter cookie that has chunky peanuts in it. Oh, don't get me started. I'm having to be really good right now, because the cortisone shot I got in my knee last week is making my blood sugars run higher than normal.

Good morning everyone!

Monique...I hope your foot feels better really soon!

Yesterday I started with vacuuming and laundry then moved onto dusting when the power went out. We had our first storm of the season come through. I finished the dusting and had to ditch the other chores...and sewing for a while. I decided to clean, purge and reorganize my sewing space, as I had enough light for that. One big tote of stuff is leaving and finding new homes. My jewelry making supplies are purged and packed away. I'll drop off some beading stuff to my dad's home. They have an amazing activities director who is always looking for craft supplies. This is a non-profit facility and they can use donations for certain things. My sewing space is slowly coming along. Hubby built me an apothecary cupboard for my birthday. I loved it so much I asked for another. Here they are...

IMG-20201013-WA0004.jpeg IMG-20201013-WA0006.jpeg The second one holds M* fabric packs and charm squares perfectly. That was a fluke! lol. We designed the drawers to fit the space...not the fabric.

20201012_185001.jpg I am indeed a lucky woman. Hubby is handy and a great guy!! 💖😊

The storm is over and we are heading to mama's old place today. Decided not to go on that long drive yesterday due to the storm. Mama was out of sorts because of it. Didn't sleep well. She was worried about her power going out again and her oxygen concentrator not working. She is set up with plenty of oxygen tanks, but using them still scares her. Poor dear! The staff was right there to help and comfort her. It's so very reassuring. She's in a great new place.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good Morning all,

Monidque, I hope your foot gets better. I had a problem with my left foot shortly after I retired. Not even sure why it started other than I was up and down stairs a bunch at the time. It was plantar fasciitis. It took a while, about 6 months, and proper footwear for it to go away. Hope it isn't that.

Joy, I'm not sure that our temps went up overnight but right now it is 56. Our winds picked up in the early morning hours. Today we should be in the middle 60's today but we are going into much colder weather starting tomorrow from what the weatherman says. By Monday our lows are predicted to be in the 20's.

Made it over to Jennifer's so she could go to her appointment. She was rather frazzled because the baby she has would not go down for a nap. She told me that she didn't want me to have to deal with it. My gosh, I had 2 babies of my own and 5 grandkids, plus I've helped with daycare. I think I can handle a baby that does not want to sleep. He was soooooo tired and was fighting it and he sure is a strong little one. I was rocking him some (he cannot put himself to sleep which will definitely be a problem down the road) and all of a sudden he was quiet. Yep, he fell asleep. I've lost my touch in laying a baby down though, unless he is just that sensitive, because he woke up right as I got him down in the crib. Jennifer came home shortly after that and feed him a little more and out he went. She had told me when she left that he had just had 7 oz of formula so would not need more. She was more worried about me being able to handle the situation--having to walk him around--because of my knees. Why do our kids worry so much about us when I tell them I'm okay??

I picked up my new iPad at Target on the way home and when I got home I was able to get it set up. Dave is happy because he wanted to get a new game and could not get this one because there was not enough memory on the one we already had. It is quite old, I believe we got this one in 2014 or a little before. I was a very happy camper because I have a game that I have been playing since 2014 and the last update caused a problem where the app will not open. I was very surprised to find that when I set up the iPad that my game opened on the new one. I had trouble in the past with the old iPad and I had to start a new game and then they transferred all my progress. The game is a hidden object game and I was up to level 100. Takes a long time to get there.

No sewing was done yesterday as Dave turned on a home improvement show and I got interested in it so by the time the program was over it was too late to do anything upstairs. Today is laundry and a few other household chores. We will be trekking to the pet store some time this morning to get some R/O water and I think Dave said he also needs some more silver fish to feed to the large anenome.

Off now for some coffee and breakfast. Have a great day everyone.
          Carlie

Comment

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            I suffered through plantar fasciitis several years ago. It's no fun.

Good morning,

It's a sunny day here. I'll finish breakfast and laundry first. Then it's time for the sewing room to start on a special project. Later, this afternoon, I'll help DH with a virtual appointment. It's so nice to do them right at home.

My new ipad and keyboard arrived yesterday. Set up and data transfer was so easy. I love them for quick reading but do most work or typing on the PC. Still a traditional girl at heart.

Monique, Your road trip sounds like a perfect day. I hope your foot feels better.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

I woke up late 9am by the sound of my cat PJ walking along side me. He slipped and his back claw scratched my eyelid. Lucky its only red and not bleeding. Dont need to go to clinic. Its 10:30 and DH is also up late.

Monique -- I so wish I could take the drive to Cornwall, but it is not recommended that people from RED Zone travel to other zones. There are 3 LQS and one of them has a clear-out of other stuff, not quilting fabrics. Neat place to go. I usually drop by for outdoor visits with friends, which these days have been long phone conversations.

Yesterday I stripped the sheets off the bed, and did some laundry. We went to the bank so DH can send $$$ to IRS. I hate this dual citizenship tax thing but I understand his reluctance to give it up. Some tax deductions here are not allowed in US, so more to pay. He has a CA firm knowledgeable in dual taxes. Enough said. We also dropped off a turkey meal and provisions for step-son. He was under the weather, ate some take out food that was bad.

I unpicked the block and re-stitched it. The design was entirely there, but did not fill the block. I am not picking it out again. I will try and air stitch the next block to make sure. Last night was our guild meeting. Elections which were deferred from May meeting and a speaker from Manitoba, who has a few books out on quilting on DSM. It was interesting, but didn't peek my interest much. Maybe it was the wine speaking or watching faces of members on Zoom. Today I plan to go outside, as it is only sunny day this week.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Morning all!

Got my Sew Steady table for my machine yesterday. Hope it will help, if I can ever get my behind in the chair and start sewing. I honestly think part of my problem is an overload of news. I keep telling myself to cut back on the stories, and I never listen. It's too important to just set it aside. However, not doing that brings up a host of other issues. I am a stress eater, and yesterday I blew my diet miserably. I weigh every morning to make sure I'm not gaining fluid, and this morning i went up by 1 1/2 pounds. I ate so much crap yesterday that I feel it today. I've got to get myself under control.

Don't really have much more to share. Cheryl practiced some more on FMQ last night. She's working on a baby quilt for a coworker. She works at a rehab hospital and evidently one of their doctors has tested positive, so their isolation wing went from seven people up to about 17 or so. She works in the gym, and everyone there wears PPE, so I think she's OK, especially given that she hasn't crossed paths with the doctor, but we are in a hot spot here. There are counties surrounding us with a seven-day positivity rate of 25 percent! That's insane! I told Cheryl we cannot go to her dad's birthday party Sunday because it's just too much of a chance. She agrees, although I know she doesn't like it.

I'm really tired. I just want to rest.

Rob

There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

• minipinlady
                minipinlady commented
                Editing a comment
                I can understand the need for junk food only too well. When I was working a co-worker once said to me "That's not a purse, that's a trick or treat bag ". Yesterday before going to the thrift store I took a mask out of my purse, and Jack noticed it was new mask . I said Lisa gave it to me. I said it's amazing, it smells like black licorice. He thought she had used some sort of essential oils on it. Turns out the little baggie of black licorice in my purse made the contents smell great. A junk food hangover is no fun. Like an alcohol hangover, drinking lots of water does help.
                The news is depressing. if it is hard to limit, then maybe alternate watching, so much news then watch a happy video of something, then back to the news again. I watch Jenny or Cowboy Kent to bring me back up.
            Working...
            X