Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

older tv programmes

Recently there has been some older tv programs being shown,
    tonight the episode of Chips with the accident of onions and all have eyes streaming.
    like these so far, some family viewing action with a chuckle.
    Perry Mason always a good twist of plot.
    The fugitive, rather good viewing will he get caught?
    The Invaders
    The streets of San Francisco
    Ironside
    Space 1999
    Ufo
    Murder she wrote
    Columbo films
    Quincy
    Macgyver with RDA. Amazing what chocolate might do.
    Are there any favourite programs not listed, of these golden programs should look out for.?
    The older programs seem more watchable.
    They show fashion trends of the times.
    have fun
    T

I used to Watch Marcus Welby MD. The younger actor lived by us and gave out the large size chocolate bars. Those were the days. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, but I didn't know that then. Us girls just thought he was cute. 😍 lol

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Lorie! 😍 Loved Marcus Welby show. I liked all the hospital shows. I just can't remember all their names lol

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you seen his son? Looks just like him and he is a good actor.

These are rotated in the lineup in my area.... Matlock / Perry Mason / Diagnosis Murder / Monk / Columbo / Murder She Wrote
    Some of the fashions fall into the "whats old is new again", coming full circle with a twist. Recently watched Magnum PI, forgot how short the shorts were that Tom Sellek wore

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly Suzanne!

• BethB
      BethB commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to watch Magnum, PI when it was on at 3 in the afternoon. Now they changed it to 3 in the morning. Not even Tom Selleck (ah, dreamy) can get me up at 3 a.m.!!!

Nancy

• 201 Treadler
      201 Treadler commented
      Editing a comment
      they older one is easier to watch, the new magnum is, too fast, blink and you missed the story. Did toms shorts shrink in wash lol, heck.

Andy Griffith Show. One of the best memories I have of my newspaper career was eating lunch with and interviewing George "Goober" Lindsey. He was as arrogant as could be (he actually compared himself to Robert Redford and Marlon Brando), but he told some great stories. I would be hard-pressed to tell you any shows that are on today, but I love the old ones.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      What a surprise, I though he was just a good ole' Alabama boy

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been fortunate to meet many celebrities, and most of them are professional when it comes to what they're there for. Lindsey was fine when he was among the crowd, but he was bitter that he never could rise above the role of Goober. "It killed my career,' he said. When I asked him what about those actors who would have killed to become Goober, he was unapologetic. "I was better than they were, but I still just want to be known for being George, not Goober.' I think part of it was also that he had to continue to make his living playing off the character instead of being a more famous actor. What many people don't know is that before Goober he did a couple of "Twilight Zones" and "Gunsmoke." He wasn't a bad actor, but nothing spectacular.

Rob

• BethB
      BethB commented
      Editing a comment
      The first cruise we took back in 1998 was to Alaska. As the ship was beginning to leave, my husband came down from a viewpoint up above and said he thought Jim Nabors was up there. He recognized his voice. I didn't really think that was possible, but sure enough, he was the entertainment that night. What a beautiful voice!!!!! Gave me goosebumps. Our first stop was Juneau and he got off there and was flying back to Hawaii. My husband found his picture taken by one of the cruise photographers up at the photo center. It was of Jim Nabors with a "pirate" holding a knife to his neck. Jim crossed his eye. Before he disembarked, my husband asked him for his autograph on a picture folder (which he did sign) and my husband ran up to the photo center and purchased the picture. I still have it.

Nancy

Mimi are you sure aren't related lol. I watch Murder she wrote, Matlock, Hart to Hart, Diaignos Murder, Keeping up Appearances and I just can't think of any more

Comment

• sydneybean
      sydneybean commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to watch Hart to Hart when it was first out. I started watching the reruns and laughed because she is always running away from killers with a clutch purse. LOL

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Little House and the Waltons...my kind of shows!

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      I always liked "Seahunt" ,"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Happy Days" But the very very best was "The Lone Ranger" I still get goosebumps when I hear the William Tell Overture . The sexiest man for me wasn't Tom Selleck , it was Ed Harris.

I stopped watching TV about 1999. Too much sex and violence and violent sex. Don't need any of that.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Some days I just want to throw my tv out the window. Usually right after the news.

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a lot of new shows I don't even like the sound of it , from another room. There a few good shows out there but I have to say a lot of it isn't good at all.

• 201 Treadler
      201 Treadler commented
      Editing a comment
      law and order S.V.U. is promptly turned off here, while it all may go on in real life, am not wanting to see it first hand.

I watch MeTv mostly. Right now I am watching Leave It To Beaver.

Comment

This is funny since what we watch are older British programs.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        We love those as well! Good Neighbours was my favourite and Are You Being Served...Open All Hours.

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        Faulty Towers is awesome, loved that show.

• 201 Treadler
        201 Treadler commented
        Editing a comment
        Our freeview channels seem to be more committed to Over seas programing
        used to like
        Last of summer wine,
        Hi di hi Peggy always wanted a coat bless her,
        Open all hours with that intermittent till.
        Are you being served
        catch phase with mr chips.
        Upstairs down stairs
        Porridge
        The good life
        Dads Army
        The avengers, am not always sure of the mental health of the creators with that program.
        there are more good views
        like Poirot,
        Foyles war with Honeysuckle Weeks,
        Miss Marple.
        Frost
        Downton Abbey
        All Creatures Great and Small. by Alfred wight, more known as James Herriot many great moments but some sad ones to. recently read that it was Donald Sinclair who Siegfried was based upon, Mr Sinclair did not know of his eccentric ways according to Robert Hardy. Who met him to play the character. There is a museum in Thirsk its just off the high street. Apparently there is also a fabric shop near the loo's. hopefully both still there when can wander freely again.
        T

I don't see Rockford on anyones list, Monk and Columbo are standard go toes here. We have also been watching a lot of "foreign" shows, Doc Martin, Endevour, Hamish Macbeth, Kavanagh QC are a few.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot about Rockford Files, that was a very good show.

• minipinlady
        minipinlady commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot about Rockford Files, that was a very good show.

they do tend to dig them out. but i like older shows for the most part. Now a new one of All Creatures Great and Small is coming on PBS. yea!! I loved the older one so much and I'm sure i will like this one too. Shame i gave my book away by James Harriot (sp). my granddtr doesn't even know about this man, sniff, sniff.
      an English veterinarian who wrote the book i think and the show was based on. lovely show.
      PBS has several new shows coming on i'm happy to say.
      Tom Selleck's not still hot? Oh somebody fan me, i'm having a hot flash!
      Last edited by nativetexan; October 14, 2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        201 Treadler commented
        Editing a comment
        having seen all creatures, both they are the same but different, liked Mrs Hall in newer version, Siegfried is lovely too,
        spotted a sewing implement too lol when they do reruns may pay closer attention to that sewing implement. alas will await your viewing. enjoy xxx

Perry Mason I must have seen every one!
      Leave It to Beaver
      Golden Girls (such a good cast)
      Desperate Housewives (not that old but good for laughs)
      Father Knows Best
      Mary Tyler Moore (when she worked in the newsroom)

Comment

I Love Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, Newhart. I loved Emergency. 😍 I used to run home from school for that and Little House on the Prarie. Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley...Love Boat. Andy Griffith Show was a fave too. Mr Rogers Neighborhood and the Friendly Giant, as a kid...Sesame Street. Saturday morning cartoons...Casper the Friendly Ghost, the Smurfs and Tweety and Sylvester. Spiderman and Wonder Woman. Oh how I wanted powerful accessories and a figure like she had! Lol. Thanks for bringing back all these good show memories, T!!
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• minipinlady
          minipinlady commented
          Editing a comment
          There was only one Wonder Woman that is perfect Lynda Carter. She is gorgeous. I always like Andy Griffin. Look at Ron Howard what a great guy he is .Did you see Bob Newhart when he was on the Big Bang Theory ?

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Lynda Carter...definitely! I missed Bob on that show. Bob Newhart...another great one.

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a college roommate who always referred to Wonder Woman as "Brass Bazoobas."

When I was a kid I loved Sid and Marty Kroft's shows, especially H.R. Pufinstuf. I tried to watch it a while back and I thought to myself, this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. You have to wonder what in the world Sid and Marty were smoking when they came up with these. I have several of the Looney Tunes cartoons on DVD, which is about the only way you can see them now. I also liked Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, although Bill Cosby sickens me now.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

I liked Little House is it back on? I remember when Perry Mason came on and I was a child my grandmother was obsessed with it. We were not allowed to talk while she watched it. Mom said when I was little I liked I Love Lucy, really don't remember that. I do remember watching Disney on Sunday night and Bewitched. My husband loved the old star treks . I don't care how many times they were on in reruns he would watch them over and over. I have never really met any famous people , well James Brown at KFC, yes he was eating fried chicken with his dad and Tucker at my son's wedding .

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Bewitched..yes! Definitely Disney. It was on right after the Wide World of Sports.

We seem to watch all the old westerns. DH has the remote. Gunsmoke/rifleman/loneranger/virginian/laramie/etc. I like old sitcoms. New stuff is just too political driven I think. I would be into the old medical dramas and detectives but quite frankly, I don't care enough to switch the channel on DH
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

• TMP
            TMP commented
            Editing a comment
            I couldn't watch tv with my husband he would watch one show and then during the commercials watch another one switching back and forth sometimes several programs . Drove me crazy .

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            My husband too, changing channels constantly. It drives me nuts. I honestly think it's a guy thing. If they claim the remote, look out!

• grammaterry
            grammaterry commented
            Editing a comment
            Last night he trained me on the roko for the new tv service. I wrote it all down because I won't get much practice
        Working...
        X