Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It looks like no one has started today's chat. I was here earlier, but didn't have much time then. DH's breakfast is over; I've had my morning snack; & the hard boiled eggs are cooked & cooling. I've set my timer for 30 min.

Yest. I took it easy again. Napped in the recliner, etc. My temp. remained normal. I don't feel 100% yet, but I'll make a run to the groc. store after my breakfast. We're low on numerous items.

It's been very smoky -- still! The Cameron Peak Fire, which started mid-Aug., cause unknown, but they suspect human caused, flared up yest. The hot dry conditions don't help. More mandatory evacuations were ordered. It was very smoky, with ash falling, in Loveland yest. (30 mi. from us) DS#2 works there. It was smoky even inside the warehouse. That fire has burned 129,000 acres now & only 42% contained. The Mullen Fire, across the border in WY, has burned 151,000 acres. It has crossed the border into CO.

Our governor has extended the mandatory wearing of masks for another 30 days. There has been an increase in the no. of C-19 cases in the state, with more people hospitalized than a few mos. ago. I wonder if this virus will ever go away!

Yest. the temp. was 87. Today may be our last 80's day for a while. The extended forecast is for 70's & 60's, with a chance of low temps. getting down close to freezing. We'll be getting our sprinkler system blown out just in time.

The fall colors around town really are beautiful now. We don't get a lot of reds like back east & in New England, but we have rusts from the purple ash trees, sumac, & red maples that have been planted here. Lovely shades of yellow. Our neighbor's Honey Locust tree turns before ours; I've been watching it from my kitchen window. It's at peak color now. The Marshall's Seedless Ash have lovely golden leaves, as do the Aspens. The foliage along the nearby creek is colorful. One of these days the snow will be flying.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

I had a really terrible evening last night. I don't really feel like getting into the details right now, but I saw a side of a friend I've known for almost 50 years that I've never seen before. Yes, it deals with politics, but that's all I want to say. This morning I was woke up by a cold nose and slobber, and looking into her beautiful little face made me smile. Harry Truman was right. If you want friends in Washington get a dog.

Supposed to be somewhat rainy here this weekend, although Delta isn't going to affect us as much as originally thought. Will pick up our grocery order (minus bananas LOL) and hopefully make it into the sewing room later. Patsy will be in heaven since she will have both of us for the weekend. We decided not to attend the birthday party when we discovered there would be at least 25 people there. I hope they understand (and I think they will) but given that I don't know many of the people who will be attending, I just can't justify it. Cheryl agrees with me.

Hope all have a great weekend!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Rob, I understand your distress with your friend. My BF and I don’t see eye to eye on the virus. She refuses to wear a mask and she thinks I’m freaky because I do and we isolate. We love each other and have been friends for several years but the strain is definitely there. Time will take care of this for us and hopefully for you and your friend, Rob.
      Last edited by Bubby; October 10, 2020, 09:31 AM.

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we will eventually get back to some type of normal. After all, we've been through too much together since meeting in fourth grade for it to end like this. It just saddens me to see this. Thanks for the kind words.

Rob

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I was in your shoes last year. Honestly I haven't talked to her since. We will mend but I do understand. She was upset with me because she's now starting to have kids and visiting home. We're 42 now. I had all my kids in my teens and early twenties. She wants me to drop everything everytime she visits and be super engaged with her family. She forgets she didn't do that for me. I'm in a different place now and my kids are grown. Sorry, it's about my career now. I'm so happy for her to have a family and be happy but I'm over raising kids ..I raised 5 mainly by myself as their dad was in Army and gone alot. I hope you and friend mend!!

Good Morning,

Joy, read your post about your C-19 test. So thankful it is negative. I, too, wonder when or even if this thing will go away. I look back in history and it took a long time for the "Spanish" flu to go away back in 1918. With more people and people who just plain feel that they don't have to follow the rules I don't know that it will ever go away completely.

Yesterday was warm, we hit the lower 80's. This morning is cool and we are now heading for cooler weather. Dave told me this morning that we will be having lower than normal temps coming soon so we will be preparing the outside plants for winter, pulling all the annuals and getting the ones that are in pots set to bring into the garage for the winter. I have several pots of lavendar that we winter in the garage and we have a beautiful day lily that I have repotted as it is now twice its original size. We will wait for a good hard freeze and then when temps are around 10 we will bring them inside. They can all take temps to 0.

My visit with the doctor yesterday went well. He is very pleased with my numbers. Says I do not need to worry about my A1C as it is either steady or going lower. He says the way it has been going I could stay at this number the rest of my life with no problems. My kidneys show a small amount of improvement. He just told me that I should keep on doing what I'm doing but maybe be a little more active. I know lately I've not been very active because of my knees. I also lost 6 pounds since I saw him last in March. I was very happy about that but need to be a little more on top of it so I can loose more. I think it will help just being up and around more. The downside is that my daughter is still worried about my A1C. Told her what the doctor said and she is just determined to worry. I wish I could change that.

No sewing done yesterday. Did a run to Menards to pick up the lumber for the second raised garden. Not sure if Dave will be working on that today or not. I think he wants it done before the snow flies. We have a large pile of dirt he wants to get in that new garden bed. I have a few tomatoes to take care of today and I have some very ripe bananas waiting in the fridge so I will be making several loaves of banana bread, Dave's favorite.

I hope to get up to the sewing room today and get busy. Haven't sewn for several days so I need to get my butt in gear. Best get going for some breakfast and get at those tomatoes.

Have a great day!
    Carlie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love it too, please Rachel!

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Rachel, but I do have a recipe that I’ve used for years. Of course, came from my grandmother who got it from her best friend. I have tried others in the past and Dave always prefers this one.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love that one too Carlie, if you're willing to share. I have a pretty good one from the America's Test Kitchen tv series cookbook that I use, but no family recipe. Being German, my family didn't make it.

Good Morning Everyone...Its foggy, damp and dreary this morning. When it burns off, if it does, we plan to take a drive to see the Fall colors. We don’t have much of a variety of deciduous trees in our area, mostly pines. We have a gorgeous maple in our front yard that is very colorful some years. It’s leaves are starting to turn.

Joy, I’m so thrilled about your negative C19 test. There seems to be a lot of other sickness going around now, too. I need to shop Walmart but I’m holding off until it’s a real necessity. We have almost 400 cases in our county, a huge number compared to a month ago. Surrounding counties are worse. I hope they can get the fires contained so your air quality improves. Many of the fires were arson. I watched a video of a man starting fires in California. The police caught him and locked him up for now.

I heard from Pam (pcbatiks) early this morning. The storm has pretty much gone by where they are staying. She doesn’t know anything about their town or home yet. She is keeping in good touch with me.

I’m thinking about making today a Taco Saturday for dinner. At the moment it doesn’t sound great just after eating my bowl of Cheerios.

Yesterday I made a few pinwheels, small and large. At least there are so many steps to making the blocks that I’m not bored.

I have a load of clothes to fold and put away. Have a great day everyone.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb, our seven-day positivity rate here is over 12 percent. In an adjoining county it is over 25 percent! I have a friend who lives in Connecticut and she was flabbergasted when I told her the rate here and that the state has moved into the final phase of reopening where bars and restaurants can go back to 100 percent capacity. She said their PR is just over 1 percent and no bars are allowed open. This is insane.

Rob

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb I love tacos lol I just bought fish and shrimp for tacos. I make our own shells. Funny story my kids had no idea taco shells were sold in box til they were at a friends house. I raised them on everything from scratch.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Rachel, I love tacos. I no longer cook the shells from scratch because I can’t stand the smell in my house afterwards. I try not to fry too much in the house. They taste great but ewwwww the smell. I would love your banana bread recipe.

Good morning everyone!

Seeds of Gratitude quilt is finally finished and hung. It turned out great. I posted a picture in my thread. Did everyone's laundry yesterday and did some reading. Made homemade pizza for dinner. I think my new meds are helping, as I had a piece (GERD version slice) and am not suffering this morning. Yay! Mended some of mama's clothes after washing them. I will bring them and a few groceries to her today after I pick them up.

Mama now wants her quilt to be for her new Twin XL bed. I will have to figure out how to enlarge the top. I had barely the amount of scraps I needed for the top. Borders I guess. I will definitely take it in to a LA now. She's ok with that and in no hurry for it. I should get it done soon. If it's not ready for Christmas (if the LA can't do it) then for her birthday in the new year.

Today is groceries, seeing Mama and maybe Papa and some more chores. I need to bake buns again soon. Maybe tomorrow. I need to see if I have fabric for mama's quilt or order some.

Joy...so glad to hear you are feeling better and that you are negative! Hope the smoke leaves you soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Barb! I will see how soon I get it done. I have to start clearing mama's apartment next week. If I have enough fabric on hand then I may get it done this week.

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of scraps do you need? I have tons!!

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      I am looking for blues. I'm going to see how big I need it once her bed is delivered and set up. Right now she is thinking blanket size as opposed to coverlet. I may have enough for that, as I have scraps and lots of flannel that was supposed to be for my bed quilt. Thanks Rachel!! That is so sweet and kind of you to offer. Hug!

Good Morning All,

Mike's still at the dealership. He's been there since 8:30, only thing they've found is one of the batteries has a slightly lower charge than it should. They're charging it now. I hope that will take care of it. We'll see.

I'm packed other than toiletries that will have to be packed in the morning. Jim's called and had his morning visit.

I'm hoping Mike will get home so we can go pick up the VT quilt. He picked up my sewing machine yesterday afternoon. Morgan's mom was bringing over a box that she was supposed to mail on Monday. Her post office kiosk wouldn't accept it. Anyway, she was running late because of a change in grading that had to be corrected before the end of the quarter... yesterday. They didn't found out until after lunch. Since her sister will be here today, she didn't want to put off the inevitable. Main thing, my Husky is home!

It's beautiful here today, there was rain earlier. Hopefully, we can stay out of Delta's bands on our trip.

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      Katrina have a great trip visiting all of your family members. Enjoy your time away.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all, Mike's got the car packed other than out over night duffles, Gabby's bag and the cooler. I guess he's more excited than I am! lol

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops! I thought for some reason you were moving. My tired old brain is at it again! Lol

Good morning!

We will have highs in the mid to upper 70's today! Temps are going to cool down before my Texas sister arrives on Thursday. I hope she is checking the weather and brings a sweater or a jacket. She is petite compared to my Ohio sister and me, we won't have anything to fit her if she doesn't pack properly. Unless, of course, she wants to go up to the mall or somewhere to buy something. Then she's on her own.

I woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. It doesn't feel like a migraine, here's hoping it won't turn into one. There is lots to do to get ready for my Texas sister's visit! We're still trying to figure out how to transport Mom's bed from her facility. The guy with the pick up truck never called. I'm ready to rent a U-haul, but my Ohio sister wants to check with the church first. Asking at work is not an option because I've been mostly teleworking since March. I'm starting to get a little stressed. We have less than a week, and if the frame is missing pieces parts we will have a problem.

I think I will sew a couple of masks before lunch. Time in the sewing room will be limited with my sister visiting. I love my sister, I will be happy to see her...and even happier when she goes back home to Texas. 🙂

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you feel better soon Julie!

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I have a sister in Austin and I always feel the same. She's a snob plain and simple. Drives me mad....I've made her things and bought her things and always get a critique. Good luck, I hope you have a great visit

Hello Everyone =)
    Joy , your news is a god send of hope to the rest of us. The media cranks us up on so much negativity and drama, that we easily forget good things still happen and that good people still exist. We just need to hear more of that . As Leonard Cohen used to sing "there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in". Despite the dark times of today, the light does get in here and there to encourage us. Your good news has a ripple effect.
    The negative effect as explained by an astrological site I visit says the collective feel of tensions , the need to fight accompanied by the attitude nothing left to lose, will be strongly felt up until the end of the month. That's when things will break. We just need to ride this storm out and keep in mind the collective attitude right now , when dealing with others. I think the best way for me to deal with scrappy people is a whole lot of distance away from them. I know things must be very tense out there when Jack decides to order on line from Walmart. He loves going to Walmart. This is a military town, and you always run into someone at Walmart from the military community . Being short is a blessing for me, I see them coming I can tuck between some hangers and off I go to another aisle, leaving Jack to chat with them all. Now I just do not go there at all.
    I gave up on trying to Halloween decorate more of the house. What's done already is good enough. My game Everquest 2 has Halloween stuff going on so I spent 4 or 5 hours trying to get a red witch's outfit for some of my cartoon girls.. Jack's being watching some show called Lucifer. It's awful, so I stay in the sewing room and play my game.
    Even tho it is Thanksgiving here , it doesn't really feel like a Thanksgiving. I will do up a turkey breast etc tomorrow. We had spaghetti yesterday, and I gave a bowl of spaghetti to a skunk that visits my doorstep every night. He loved it ! He was here a few nights ago and an orange cat creeped up beside the poor near sighted skunk. then the cat just sat there right beside him , staring at him. I still get into laughing fits thinking about it. The skunk turned his head and saw the cat. What a fright it gave the skunk. He jumped right up in the air like a cartoon , and did a flip around, hit the ground running. I told Jack I gave the skunk the spaghetti , and his eyes got really big LOL. There might be a touch of cabin fever here heh .

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my goodness but does turkey sound good to me. I have a turkey breast in the freezer. Think I'll take that out to thaw and we can have that tomorrow for supper. I'm thinking spare ribs for supper tonight.

Spare ribs always smell so good. I feel hungry just thinking about supper. It's a cold dreary day outside, I have all the vegs cut up to go in the steamer later, but having a hard time getting motivated to work on my turtles quilt. SAM_8714.JPG

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      They do! Hubby made short rins in the Instant Pot tonight. Yummmm! I'm feeling the after effects of them now even though I mostly just had rice. Worth it! Lol That is a beautiful turtle quilt!!

Darn, when you said turtle quilt I was thinking more along these lines.

index.jpg
    The quilt is beautiful, by the way.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my kind of turtles, too. I love them!

Love the quilt, too!

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Quit teasing Rob! Lol Mmmm...I love turtles.

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      My favorite kind of turtles too. They are most excellent when they are cold. They have to be the hardest things to share.

Good afternoon,

It's been a busy day with a few errands and groceries. Working on a trick/treat bag for dgson. The fabrics are glow in the dark. They were glowing last night on the sewing table. The last thing I do before bedtime is to check the sewing room. Of course, it meant a side trip today for the fusible batting. I made the straps for it yesterday. I'll quilt it on the embroidery machine and then put it all together. It's a fun little project. It's rewarding to know grandson will love it no matter what.

I hope everyone is happily stitching the day away!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Please share when done Rhonda!

Haven't had much chance to do any sewing for almost 2 weeks, busy house training this little monster.

Attached Files
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh such a cute dog! What's his or her name? I love dogs.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my goodness!! Such a cute puppy!

• auntstuff
      auntstuff commented
      Editing a comment
      And his name is Jack. With various appellations.......

Looks like a holy terror to me. Patsy barks her hellos.

Rob
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• auntstuff
      auntstuff commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you saw right through him. He IS a terror, and too smart by half.
Working...
X