Thurday has arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurday has arrived.

Good morning dear friends. Yes, Thursday is here. It was another quiet day at the post office. I went and did a little shopping at lunch time. I bought 2 prepared meals and a few groceries. Stopped at the $ store and picked up a few items. I always find something at this store. I did pick up 3 more mouse traps to have on hand.

What a weather day we had. It rained hard in the morning, then the sun came out and the next thing I knew, it was raining again. It was like that all day. And then the wind kicked up. A very strange weather day. We are expecting sunshine today.

I continued with the blocks and sewed more. I am amassing quite a pile of 4 patches. I brought more strips with me and sewed more of those. Today I will cut them down. I am very thankful to be able to bring my sewing machine to work. I could not sit all day with nothing to do.

My youngest won't be joining his brother this weekend for Thanksgiving. It has become sort of a tradition that he would spend the weekend and they would play games. Travel restrictions and covid have stopped those plans. I don't know about all of you, BUT, I am really tired of COVID. Covid sucks the big banana. I won't stop being vigilant or anything like that but I am so tired of hearing about covid (sorry for the little rant here). I am expected to make some buns for our dinner on Sunday.

And so that is it for me. Stay safe everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning Monique and Everyone. Yes, it’s Thursday already. This week is flying by for sure.

I did some grocery shopping early yesterday and pretty much had the whole store to myself. That’s done for a while. We had leftover spaghetti last night and it was so good. A nice salad and hot garlic bread rounded out the meal and clean-up was a breeze.

We watched the VP Debate last night and Jeff said I fell asleep before it was over. Monique, I’m totally sick and tired of Covid and snarky politics. Everyone I talk to has had enough of both, too.

Hurricane Delta is headed for the Lake Charles area of LA. Let’s remember to keep Pam (pcbatiks) and her family in our prayers. Our neighbors have a lot of family in that area, too.
    I can’t imagine what they are going through.

There is no reason for me not to sew today. Let’s see what happens.

Have a good day everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning Monique and all who follow,

I certainly am with you on being tired of this COVID thing. I miss being able to be out and about without worry.

Yesterday was very nice, got to 80 again. I'm early today as I need to leave in a bit to get my dogs to the vet for their yearly teeth cleaning. I was thinking of staying at my daughter's until they were done (I can pick them up around 3) but I have things I want to get done and even though I will be driving over an hour back I can get stuff done before I leave to get them.

No sewing yesterday, ended up doing a little more laundry than I thought. Dave went to my cousin's house to help him fix a truck. Dave is a diesel mechanic but now retired. My cousin (we call him Rocky and I don't know why) is a little older than Dave and I. He was looking forward to being able to see and talk with Dave. His mom and dad and my in-laws were very good friends and they vacationed in northern Minnesota in the summer when Dave was young. In fact Rocky's younger brother (8 months younger than me) introduced Dave to me. I remember that he told me he was coming over to visit and getting his friend to drive him over as he could use his mom's car but that was all he was good for. Boy, do I let him remember that! That was Halloween night, 1970 and we've been together ever since.

Best get going. Have a great day everyone.
      Carlie

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. I started feeling worse as the day went on yest. Don't know if I'm having a reaction to the cortisone shot or if something else is going on. My whole upper torso in the back aches, almost like I'm getting the flu. God forbid, it would be C-19! My stomach has been hurting, too. I know the steroid can affect that. Anyway, I'm going to play it safe & not go out today. DH had a dental appt. to seat the crown, but he called already & left a msg. I'll call again when they open up at 8 a.m. Yest. afternoon, my face felt flushed, but my temp. was normal. Of course, it was a hot day. It got up to 87 & is supposed to be hot again today. Maybe tie or break the record in Denver. I'll check around & see if I can get tested for C-19. There is free testing in Boulder, but I really don't want to drive over there. I'll check first with my family dr.

Yest. a.m. we had our Bible study discussion on Zoom. There were 13 of us. We were supposed to have 45 min., but they cut us off at 35 min., so we had to hustle with our discussion.

I watched the VP debate yest. eve. It was more civil than Trump & Biden's, where they talked over each other all the time.

DH is waiting for his breakfast, so no more time now.

Comment

• Paisley
          Paisley commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy sorry your not feeling better this afternoon.

• BethB
          BethB commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. A couple of weeks ago, I started not feeling well on a Wednesday. I was really achy and sore all over and exhausted. By the evening, I was running a low grade fever. Thursday I pretty much stayed home and rested. By Friday, I was feeling almost back to normal. I did not get a test so will be interested to know how yours turns out. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Nancy

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you're feeling better this evening. I know it took me a couple of days for my allergy ridden nasal cavity to recover from getting the covid test. I hope I never have to do it again.

Good Morning All,

I'm on the tired of Covid and Politics train, too. I'll add that I'm tired of waiting for my sewing machine to come back from the spa, as well. You'd think I would have taken the time to deep clean my sewing room, but it just frustrates me to go in there and see it gone.

Yesterday was Bible Study. Zachaeus, was the scoundrel of our study and his transformation. Interesting points that I'd never thought of, but I felt like she was reading a lot into the text to make her points. My scattered brain when right to, I wonder what his wife was thinking when he started telling Jesus was he was going to give away. Who knows, she might have been the reason behind him wanting to see Jesus. I guess her supposititions tickled my creative fancies. Next weeks lesson is about Judas. I hate I'll miss the discussion on that one!

Time to get started, I'm determined to make a dent in my sewing room today and do laundry while the sun is shining. Have a wonderful day!

Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

It's going to be a little cooler today -- high around 63. Temps will warm up again tomorrow and Saturday looks to be lovely, with a high in the mid 70's.

The rest of the fabric for my curved log cabin quilt arrived yesterday! Unfortunately, there is lots to do before my Texas sister's visit next week and quilting will have to wait for a bit. The guy from Mom's facility who was supposed to call me to deliver Mom's bed hasn't called yet. I'm going to call over there today. I may end up hiring a U-haul.

I started cutting out fabric to make masks. I misplaced one of the fabrics -- I remember pulling it from my stash but it is not in the pile to be cut. I checked the bin and it isn't there. It probably got mixed in with something else while I was going through the bins. I will work on those today and tomorrow.

I'd better grab another cup of tea and log in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Paisley
            Paisley commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope the guy can deliver it for you. Is there anybody at work that has a truck?

Morning all,

I'm also tired of Covid and politics and wish I could turn time back to before this pandemic.

Thank you for all the nice comments on the work I posted yesterday. It felt good to be productive in the sewing room and getting re-aquainted with my machines after such a long absence.

Sun is up and looks to be a nice day. I may take a ride to my local quilt shop as there is a ruler I want to take a look at. I saw a demonstration with it and it peeked my curiosity. I have about 4 more pillows in various stages that need to be completed so I should be diligent and get them done.

Joy, I hope you feel better and it's not serious.
          Monique, I love how you are able to take your sewing machine to work!
          Have not seen Terry posting in a while, hope all is well with her and it's just because she is enjoying life in Florida. I worry about our forum members who post pretty regularly when I don't see them for a while.

Well, time for coffee to get this old gal moving. Wishing everyone a good day!
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Cathy F
            Cathy F commented
            Editing a comment
            The Creative Grids 10" log cabin duo ruler. You can see a demo on youtube. I saw it demoed at my quilt shop.

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            I PM'd Terry. She's okay. Enjoying their place, kayaking,, volunteering, etc.

• Cathy F
            Cathy F commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Joy, good to know she's ok. We miss our regular posters when we don't hear from them.

Good morning everyone,

Wow, what a weather phenomenon yesterday. It was raining cats & dogs, then sunny, then wild thunderstorms. My girlfriend Dorothy came for the day. I gave her lessons on how to use the Sweet 16. She wants to learn to quilt some VQC tops on it. We sandwiched her top on large island in sewing room, which is perfect for these size quilts, pin, roll a few times, and you're ready to quilt. No getting down on the floor. I had a few quilt sandwiches for her to practice on. But we choose a simple block and I suggested that she use the Line Tamer ruler. It is really great for keeping your lines straight. Of course ruler work takes a bit longer than FMQ but its a good way to learn how to control your quilt. Since I have over 2 doz HQ rulers, she will have a lot of options to play with. Her stitches were pretty even, as I dont have a stitch regulator on my S16. I loaded and quilted 2 VQC tops on the LA. DH would come down as he was watching the weather patterns, and let us know when we should unplug machines. So when we were unable to quilt, maybe 2 - 45min breaks, we had lunch and pressed some backings. Tuesday I washed 13 flannel backings. Whoa, the fuzz in the dryer vent. We folded them and we will share the task of pressing them. It was a good quilting day -- not a retreat, but a fun day quilting with my GF. I think we will schedule more of these days. She is not seeing her family at Thanksgiving either, as her DH is a heart transplant recipient and other health issues. Neither are we, so I feel safe to include in our bubble.

It looks like it will be sunny but cool all day. We have no plans for the next 5 days, but probably have a few things to get done outside if the weather cooperates. Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving, but with the cases rising in our area, we are sticking with just us. I will cook a turkey breast. We may see family, but outside only. I think today I will clean my sewing room and finish up some baby sets that are assembled and waiting to be serged. I like to keep up with cutting scraps after projects into usable sizes, so that might make the list too.

I spoke to mom yesterday, she was alert and fine. I think its going to be yo-yo with her mental health from the isolation.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Good morning all. Yes, here we are at Thursday. Monday was spent getting ready for Uncle Paulie's services and simultaneously waiting to see what restrictions, if any, would be put on things since the funeral home and church are in what the Governor and Mayor of NYC are calling a hot spot. While they were going back and forth between themselves, we were able to have the viewing on Tuesday and the funeral mass and burial yesterday. The restrictions go into effect today and we would have only been allowed to have 10 people. There were more than 10 people on Tuesday over the course of the day but not everyone was there at the same time of course and everyone wore masks and followed social distancing. There are now ongoing discussions with Uncle Frankie on what he wants to do now. He wants to move and I think he may move into an apartment that will become available at the end of the year in the house right next door to where he is now. The neighbor and Uncle Frankie get along very well and he, at age 85, doesn't need to be all alone in that big house. He had spoken to hubby and my brother in law about moving last year after Aunt Terri died and started looking but then once covid hit, that process came to a screeching halt.

I am with you all about being very tired of all this covid. I too will continue with mask wearing and being cautious and I am already stocking up on things in case we have a time period in the next few months where we don't feel it prudent to go out as much. With all that being said, I truly am tired of covid.

So today the sun is shining and I am getting some laundry done now. I will try and catch up a bit in the sewing room too. And maybe have lunch with Ceil.

Have a good day everyone. Stay well.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning,

I am on the tired train with all of you this morning. It can be tough trying to stay positive in the midst of the turmoil going on around us. Can we rumple-stiltsken in our sewing room and come out in 6 months?

It's another office day for me and I will pick up groceries for us. Hopefully, the weekend will be stitching time.

Joy, Hope you are feeling better soon.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you -- my sewing space is my haven and slice of peace in this world.

Well my blood type is B+ and BE POSITIVE is what I will aim for.

Joy hope you feel better soon.

Headed to sewing room to see how much un-sewing I need to do today. Started listening to Eddie Van Halen tributes while I was sewing
              ​​​yesterday and let my mind wander too much. In my head he's still that baby faced bad boy and I'm Still in my 20s Dancing the Night Away.

Enjoy your day and prayers to LA.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone...
                It's not a rant if everyone agrees with you. Then it is the collective , finding a voice in you. The wait here in Trenton to be tested is between 3 and 6 hours in the line up. With false negatives and positives, I wonder at the logic of being in a long line like that. If you had a mild cold and the person in front of you has the virus, (or vice versa ) how risky is that ? I doubt very much when you walk into the space ahead of you as the line moves, that the virus instantly drops away. I try to be on the side of extra cautious.
                I hate making masks, very depressing work. I made a few hundred back in March. Had a shopping bag of them left over , so 2 weeks ago it was still sitting there on the counter. When my daughter dropped off some bags of donations at the food bank, I asked her to take that bag of masks and drop those off with it too. There is no shortage of masks here now so I can't bring myself to sew any more of them.
                There was a long line up of thunderstorms yesterday and they traveled up to Ottawa yesterday. We were lucky , no hail fell, but there was wind enough to send pumpkins and pots of flowers flying. Too bad my witch's costume is still packed in the basement, I would have been tempted to ride around the neighborhood on a bike. No one here gets my sense of humor. My boss used to say I was Glinda. SHHH I hate pink, where's my broom ?

Comment

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't have to wait at all. Once the nurse put the order in the computer, then someone else called me back within an hour & we settled on the 10:30 time. I got there ~10:10; there was no one ahead of me & no one behind me, so I got tested right away. I was home in an hour from the the time I left the house.

• minipinlady
                  minipinlady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's wonderful you are so fortunate to get in so quickly and with no stress =)

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't believe the hours to wait for testing. Here's hoping that you have a negative test.
                  The wild thunderstorms missed our end of the city, but we did get some wild wind and t-storms. Nothing like the hail that hit some parts. I would have loved to see you in a witch costume on your bike. I think this is hilarious. DH says I turned in my broom for a Dyson vacuum model.

Good morning everyone!

I managed to enlist hubby yesterday in helping me clean up the front garden beds. It took a big "Please!" but he was a huge help. I have always done it myself but just can't right now. He took a weed whacker to all the hostas lol. Not the way would have dine it, but it worked. He now has to power wash the side of the house though. A bit more to do today and the front will be done.

I would have finished quilting my quilt last night but had lots of trouble with thread bunching and jamming. Turns out my bobbin case area was full of fluff. After a thorough cleaning and rethreading it worked! I will work on it some more tonight.

Need to pay some bills and do some chores today, continue with mama's move stuff. The rains should be back later today.

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good Morning to all! On the home stretch (bitter sweet) with my dad's house, sent my son to store last night to buy the smoke/minoxide detectors. Even though I am selling the house as is, by law I have to install them in the rooms. Cancelled the utiilties starting next Wed and will get fridge out in the next day or two. Found out yesterday the red barn (pre fab thing) was finally moved off the land in Tenn, so now I start dealing with selling that property.

I found a frog panel in my stash and one of the friends I want to do lap quilts for Christmas LOVES frogs. Added to it and I like how it came out. Not sure how to quilt yet, but one of the tops is now done!. So today I work on the next one. Doing a double slice layer cake pattern on this one. Trying to find patterns that don't have a lot of seam matching in the construction.

And Monique, you hit the nail on the head ... COVID sucks the big banana. I laughed out loud when I read that. Thank you for that!

Stay safe everyone and I hope you have a good day.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Editing a comment
                    When I was sewing as a business, I once got an order to make an entire baby room with frogs. Curtains, sheets, bumper pads (still allowed back then), comforter, bibs, burp pads, blankets - - the whole kit & caboodle. It was fun, cause I like frogs.

Some people call French-speaking people French Frogs. While some are offended by this label, I totally love it, seeing French is my mother tongue.

Just got home to find Patsy went berserk. I think she's part mountain goat, because she has no problem climbing on tables to look out the window. My pill planner was knocked off the kitchen table (luckily it didn't open) and in the sewing room she almost knocked my machine off the table and did knock my lamp over. I'm afraid that if this keeps up, we are going to have to start putting her in the laundry room when we're gone. We had to do that with Droopy because she hated being left alone and would mess on the carpet. Patsy is housebroken so she hasn't made any messes of that sort, but we can't have her doing this while we're gone, especially after I go back to work. I've looked online for suggestions on what to do to keep dogs from having separation anxiety, but so far nothing we've tried works. When I take her to the vet on October 20, I'm going to ask if the vet can recommend anything. I really don't want to resort to medicine if possible, but I'm tired of coming home to a disaster area.

Cheryl's appointment went well, although it will be a few days before we get the test results back. So far she's never had an abnormal result, so hopefully that will continue. We went to PetsMart to get Patsy some flea treatment as well as a tie out so when we're outside we can put her on a 15-foot cord and she can wander around the yard. We also got her a tag that has our name, address, and phone number in case she gets loose.

After that we dropped the quilts off to the long arm quilter and then voted. Tuesday was the first day of early voting and people had to wait two hours or longer before getting in. We got there about 11 a.m. and only had to wait about 50 minutes from start to finish. People wore masks and maintained their distance. There was one guy ahead of us who had just turned 90 and was voting. He got around everything just fine. Glad that's done with.

Add me to the list of one who is sick of COVID, etc., Joy, I hope you get to feeling better. There are so many things that mimic COVID that it could be anything. Not having a fever is a good sign.

Still no sewing to report.

Have a great day all!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

• Cathy F
                    Cathy F commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On one or two occasions we had to board our Shar-Pei with the breeder she suggested we sleep with a tee shirt for a few days prior to leaving him with her. She made sure the shirt was in his bed or near him and said it might comfort him comfort him in our absence with our scent on the shirt. Worth a try.

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do have a fever of 99.6 this eve., & that's with taking Acetaminophen every 4 hrs.

• Rob the HOAQ
                    Rob the HOAQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Take care of yourself Joy! Did you contact your doctor?

Rob
                Working...
                X