Do you wear ruffles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you wear ruffles?

Silly question. This is not if you like them, but do you wear them? As I have been collecting clothing patterns there is an abundance of them. Tiered dresses, peplums, hems everywhere. I see all ages wearing them. Do you wear them and you can say if you like them or not too. lol
    🌺 Lorie

I leave the ruffles to the younger generation. I like clean lines, nothing fussy.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I haven't worn ruffles since that "incident" in college. The less said about that the better.😜

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! I won't ask. Wouldn't wanna traumatize you. Lol

• Hulamoon
        Hulamoon commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you were playing the Pirate part.

I haven't worn ruffles since childhood. I started square dancing before covid and will likely start after. I bought a couple of dresses I haven't had the chance to wear yet. I need a petticoat still. I wouldn't wear them outside of that. I like clean lines and simple patterns for clothing.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

No ruffles for me dont need any extra around my body!🙃

Comment

Not in many years

Comment

I haven't worn ruffles since I was a kid. Though I think they look lovely on other people, it's just not my style.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Never been a ruffle. I'm a jean and t-shirt.

Comment

As I age along, I"m seriously not into ruffles now. even romantic fabric prints. My, I'm grumpy in my old age. Hmmm.

Comment

Yep, I wear them. I have a corp job and ruffled top tend to hide my middle. Which isn't too bad but they give me more confidence. I wear lots of cardigans too.

Comment

I only have one top with ruffles and I like it a lot. It is red with tiny white polka dots, kind of v-neck with ruffles down the front covering the buttons and around the neck. Rayon I think. It had strings at the side that tied in back but I cut them off. Goes with jeans or just anything.

Comment

have a waterfall cardigan and a Kim and Co top with ripples down middle panel, maxi dress with angel sleeves, all seem to camouflage areas, If that counts towards ruffles, or are we talking shirt ruffles of the sixties ?
                      I do not wear that type.

Comment

Thanks for being brave to say you wear them. lol

I got a free pattern and it has a ruffle at the bottom of the sleeve. It only looks good in rayon. I did buy this one

ruffle top.jpg

Not too sure about the white.

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Anitamae56
                          Anitamae56 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wish was young and small again that is really cute

I prefer clean classic styles.
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I like them, but they don't work well on my jeans and tshirts. I do have a couple sleeveless blouses with tiny ruffles down the front.
                          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Working...
                          X