How masks are entering our everyday reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How masks are entering our everyday reality

As I was shopping for a sleeve ironing board this morning, this popped up. Pictures and description seem so matter of fact.

https://www.amazon.com/Household-Ess...s%2C283&sr=8-2

iron mask.jpg

What have you run across?
    🌺 Lorie

So true, but kind of sad

Comment

Yup. Even tv commercials now have actors wearing masks.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Wow. That is sad. I have been happy that I could make masks and surgical caps for my daughters and their nurse friends, but it is growing old on me. After next weekend I am taking a break from them and making a couple memory quilts. My mom will be 90 this year and I have some of my dads clothes to do a quilt for her. And the a tshirt quilt for a family friend. Looking forward to something different.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Yes we were all on the mask bandwagon. And yes, tired of making masks although I didn't make as much as you all did.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yes, I think we are all getting tired of making masks. I have only made them for family and friends. I started making the pleated ones but find I like making the ones using the Creative Grids template better and find it quicker. I just made a few more for my granddaughter thinking she would need more but the medical facility she is interning at supplies them each day.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I quit making them after around 175 and they are readily available at stores now.

Comment

I'm tired of making them as well, and I haven't made all that many. My mama's facility just told me they want us to use their medical masks once we get to her room. Ok, sure...no problem! But honestly, I found it gaped on the sides and it was easy to breathe, whereas mine was snug. Mine also has a pocket I tuck a coffee filter into. It's a bit more uncomfortable to breathe with, but I think mine does a good job. I can't smell any smoke when I wear it. I make the pleated kind.
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I started making face masks in 2016 for an organization in Massachusetts for children with Congenital Heart Defects (CHD). So by the time Covid19 came along I was pretty much a master at making masks. I decided that there were so many people making masks for Covid19 that I would leave that task to them & would continue to make masks for the CHD children just as I always have done. I never get tired of making these masks and send them out to the organization every other month. I make 4 sizes....baby, small, medium & large. Thanks to all who have been making masks for family & friends & frontline workers, doctors, nurses, etc.

Comment

I'm even seeing seasonal masks now for the holidays. Sigh... I hope the day will come when we no longer need them again.

Comment

• Maria Sews
                      Maria Sews commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I couldn't agree with you more! I can't wait to see this 'accessory' go away.

• Claire Hallman
                      Claire Hallman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, yes, yes!

The last big batch I made were for children. I am done making them and I'm using the scraps in a quilt.
                    Last edited by TMP; October 7, 2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Grr not sure why I have this post and I can't delete it
                      Last edited by TMP; October 7, 2020, 11:49 PM.

Comment

just read on the ms news screen they considering banning the style? with the valve.

Comment

A few weeks ago I went to a big chain sporting goods store to get a new pair of tennis shoes. As I was social distancing in the line to check out I was noticing items for sale near the checkout. They had cloth masks for sale marked at $17.99 for one! Come on, really?! And they weren't special official team logos or anything, just plain. I am a little burned out on mask making too but I do like the CG template.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                            Hulamoon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            My dd's and I went to Ross a couple of days ago and there was a ton of masks at the gotcha check out line. They looked like they came from Asia, like the kind of thing you would get out of a coin operated machine. lol
                        Working...
                        X