Prescription glasses online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescription glasses online

I have my eye appointment this Thursday and it reminded me how much frames are. My office carries expensive frames. I pretty much know what style. Do you have a site you like?
    🌺 Lorie

I use the eye doctor in the Walmart store & then take my prescription right over to the Walmart eye center to get it filled & pick out the cheapest frames that look best on me. They fit them to your face & if something isn't right you just take them back & they fix the problem. Not sure I would go with an online eye center for the very reason if you aren't happy with them then you have to go through the hassle of sending them back, etc.

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Our little Walmart doesn't have that service. They don't have a fresh grocery section or meats either. Just rows of pantry stuff and beer. lol They do have a freezer section. I just don't go in there anymore.

Never bought frames online before. I go through glasses so often (breaking them) that I just buy cheaters. Not perfect, but they aren't $200 either.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess that shows how long its been since I bought prescription glasses. I got a pair at Penneys and only paid about $215. It was so long ago I don't remember how many years.

Rob

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      I asked the eye doctor what the difference was in the dollar store glasses and his. He told me the truth, said no difference, his just look better lol

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      There was a news expose about glasses and it showed they are all made in the same factories. It's just designers putting their names on them. I think the exception might be independent designers that oversee the whole process. I've ordered reading glasses online and the frames have been great.

I never have purchased glasses on line. I choose to have my eyes examined by one dr. & then go to a different optical center to select my frames. The previous frames I purchased were titanium & lasted 7 yrs. They cost $500. I always got compliments on how they looked. Two years ago, I chose new titanium frames; they're heavy duty & probably will last as long as the previous ones. They cost $550. My vision ins. pays for part of the cost. I like to go to a local business where the frames can be adjusted as needed, get the nose pads changed when needed, etc. I like the personal touch.

Comment

I have purchased spare pairs from eyebuydirect.com. You should know that I only buy single vision lenses; I have a pair for distance and a pair for reading music on a music stand. My eye doctor told me that my focus has set at 16", so he wrote a prescription for just a slight distance, allowing me to read music that's 24" away. In other words, I don't have your typical senior citizen eyes that work with over-the-counter "readers." And I don't wear bi-focals or even continuous focus lenses. In other words, take my recommendation with a grain of salt, because I have only asked eyebuydirect.com to do the simplest kinds of lenses. But they did a great job on those.
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Hulamoon
        Hulamoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I'm not looking for all the extras this time around. I'm not driving to work. I just want to go to the grocery store. lol If I didn't let my dang license expire I wouldn't have to do this. I'm going to try and get out of this as cheaply as I can!

• GuitarGramma
        GuitarGramma commented
        Editing a comment
        Then I think you'll like eyebuydirect.com. Hope this works out for you!

I’ve bought a couple of pairs from Zenni. You upload a photo for virtual try on and measure pupillary distance. The first pair I measured wrong but they allow a return. I’ve been very satisfied with the replacement pair. They’re no line trifocals. The cost was less than $100 compared with $600 for my previous glasses from an optical shop. I’m also happy with the sunglasses I got from Zenni. I’m due for an eye exam and will order again once I get that done.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check them out too!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I tried frames at our eye doctor and found some I liked, except for the price. I took a picture and noted the name of the frames and went home and ordered them online. They were a third of the price! When they came in, I took them to our eye doctor and they ordered the lenses for them.

I can't remember the company I did this thru, but they are all basically the same.

One thing our eye doctor told us was to never order glasses from Costco. We did a few different times, and even though the prescription was right, they grind them just a bit different, so it isn't quite right. I only order them from our eye doctor now.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I purchased no line bifocals from Zenni and have been very satisfied. Have your PD (pupillary distance) added to your prescription during the exam. I found mine (PD) on a previous receipt from a Wal-Mart purchase.

Comment

Glasses.com - You can upload a pic of yourself & do virtual try on before selecting!

Comment

I've used zenni and coastal.com
                Sometimes they have specials for 1st timer buyers.

Comment

I use Clearly. They are a Canadian company based out of Vancouver, British Columbia.

https://www.clearly.ca/
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                  X