Hello Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Tuesday

Good morning friends. It was a good day at the post office yesterday. Mailman was very late bringing the mail but it all got done. I didn't bring a machine with me yesterday so just did some crocheting. I know, it's a hard job, haha. It was a beautiful day yesterday and today promises to be as well. The rain is coming tomorrow it seems.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning!

It's going to be a little warmer today, with a high in the mid 60's. We have a porch visit with Mom this morning. They will probably put us in the parking lot again so we can sit in the sun. They are going to have to move the visits inside soon.

I talked to Mom's facility about getting Mom's bed. I mentioned I would have to rent a U-Haul to pick it up (it won't fit in my car). The director said their maintenance guy has a pick-up truck and since we're close...he might be able to bring it to us! He is supposed to call me today to set it up. One less thing to worry about! My Ohio sister made an appointment for our Texas sister to see Mom the Sunday she is in town. Hard to believe she arrives Thursday next week.

I did not get the binding on my quilt yesterday. I decided to bake, instead. I will be happy if I finish the binding before the weekend.

I think I will enjoy a second cup of tea before logging into work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy that they found it and will bring it to you!

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      So nice the facility will help get you the bed. Be sure to ask if he’ll come back when you need it gone. Maybe tip him a little bit and he will.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a huge help!

Good Morning. It’s the perfect morning to sleep in but I have too much to do to indulge in a slow morning today.

Yesterday I put a Fall quilt on our bed after changing the sheets. Some of the other quilts will be changed out today also. We had spaghetti for dinner last night and there is enough left for another meal. I’m so glad Jeff doesn’t mind eating leftovers.

Once I get moving today I need to make a batch of food for the Girls and run the cleaning cycle on the oven. I always dread that job (the oven) because it makes the house smell bad.

Thanks to everyone that had input on my pinwheel situation. I ripped them apart and they are ready to be sewn with all of them spinning in the same direction.

Happy Stitching.....

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not ready for flannel sheets yet but it might be time to flip the mattress cover from the cooling side to normal.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I started cooking bacon in the oven a few years ago. I prefer to clean the oven a few times a year to cleaning the mess up every time.

• Anitamae56
      Anitamae56 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am Bubby rather clean the oven a few times over top of stove and everywhere else

Good morning everyone,
    I'm up earlier as I have a hair appt at 9:30. Then I will drop off 3 quilts that I quilted on the LA in past few days, and pick up more tops to quilt. I volunteered to wash the flannel backings for another 10 tops since I have a large capacity washing machine & dryer. I have found designs that will be faster, less intricate, which use up less thread. That way we can get through the backlog of quilts done. For about a year and a half, there was a local LA who used to quilt 5-6 quilts/month for our group . She was also doing 3-4 other groups. I think she got exhausted and frustrated by some groups, so she gave up. I get that. Then I will drive to LQS in country to pick up order of Glide thread and nose wire for masks. I haven't made any since the end of July. One of those things -- I guess I am fed up. I might look at some fabrics. She carries a real varied and pretty fabric lines.

Yesterday I had a dental appt to get impressions for a new nightguard. I also quilted a top that was loaded, and made French onion soup for dinner. I love it. It's a recipe from the Laura Secord cookbook. Last week, it seemed like I was on a treadmill, appts every day. We had our furnace cleaned. We also ordered a home generator. I would really love to be off the grid, but that wont happen, but at least when the power goes off, I will feel better. I would freak out. I also sold a baby box set to a friend for her nephew & wife expecting a boy. The Covid numbers have been rising at an alarming rate in our city and Toronto. We are increasing our stay at home, and minimizing outings. Definitely no restaurants, but we did enjoy take out this week. What a switch from our pre-Covid days. We would eat out 2-3 times per week and take out at least a few times. Since March I have eaten in a restaurant only twice. There are days that I am sick of cooking, but I have noticed that DH has had hardly any food allergic reactions. A good thing. Maybe I can hire a chef! haha

Mom's facility is sill in lock-down. My concern is that this will continue into the spring. She calls regularly and in good spirits despite being restricted to her room. However, last Saturday, she called and was totally distraught -- out of reality -- back 35-40 years when they were selling their home. Was stressed, and I had to calm her down. I did call the nurse, who was going to check on her. Since she already had Covid, I am wondering if this is not a symptom of long-haulers, or that she was having a stroke. Her Covid symptoms were nightmares, out-of-touch with reality, not knowing where she was. I will contact them later today and ask that the doctor check her on her Wednesday visits.

Other than that, plugging along.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope it wasn't a stroke! Covid...hmmm. Can't comment on that. Urinary track infection maybe? I know the nurses at my dad's facility always check for that when he's confused and agitated. Mostly it's just the Alzheimer's rearing it's ugly head. He's on medz to help with that. Hope she settles soon!

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      I must have missed you saying your mom had COVID, I'm so sorry for you Suzanne, I pray you'll be able to see her soon!, Life certainly isn't for whimps !!! I'm still struggling severely with loosing Bob, You have got to be one of world's best daughters!!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I thought we were done with the 90's! Not! It hit 90 deg. on our thermometer yest. We're expecting 80's all week. Still having smoke & haze from the fires in CO & WY. It funnels right down the Front Range to Denver.

Needless to say, with my bum knee, I did only what was necessary yest. The earliest I could see an ortho. dr. is 2:30 this afternoon. It will be another dr. in the group whom I haven't seen before. I have a dental appt. this a.m. for a filling. That's been scheduled for a month. So it will be a busy day.

Last eve. I talked to my nurse friend who recently moved to assisted living. She actually used the word dementia, so she is aware of her problems. She plans to stay there & not return to her home, which she's given to her son. She's in good spirits. Friends take her to church on Sun. One of her sons took her for a drive up in the mts. to see the fall colors. I asked her if she got my card. I reminded her she needs to check her mailbox.

On with my day.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      It is heartbreaking Barb. Joy...good luck today. Hope you get some relief!

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy, my mother-in-law had dementia, maybe Alzheimers, we don't know for sure.  It is such a devastating loss of a loved one--first their mind and then their body.  My mother-in-law suffered with it for a number of years before she passed.  What is scary is that her aunt and her mother both had it pretty bad also.  I remember when we figured out Grandma Bert had it as we were in the process of moving her down to Arizona to live with my in-laws.  Since both Dave's grandma and mother had this I am concerned about my sister-in-law.  Not so much Dave as it has not affected any of the guys in the family although Dave's mom was an only child but there were 3 brothers to her mom and aunt that did not have this.

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy I hope your knee pain is nothing major.

You surely have been busy, Suzanne. I hope you can slow down and catch up with yourself soon. I love French Onion soup, too. I hope your Mom settles down and continues to do well. Hugs....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning all,

Having some coffee while I read the posts. My husband is out for breakfast with one of his friends so it's a quiet lazy morning for me.

Got in the sewing room for a bit yesterday did more organizing than sewing. Hope to sit at one of the machines today.

Last night I made lasagna rollups for dinner, they were so good glad we have enough leftovers so there is no cooking tonight.

Today is my granddaughter's birthday, I will run over to my friends shop and pick her up something yummy and of course I'll have to bring my husband home one of her baked goodies too.

Well coffee is finished time to get a move on, wishing everyone a good day!

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Paisley
        Paisley commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve never heard of lasagna roll ups but it sounds good.

Good morning everyone!

I ended ip having another lazy day yesterday. I feel so tired and my GERD is bad again despite stronger meds. I'm phoning my Dr today. It's so debilitating and irritating. I frustratingly worked on my Seeds of Gratitude quilt and the fall wreath for mama. Hate it. It's going to be torn apart...yes it's that bad! Haha. FMQ didn't go well last night. I'm hoping for better today. I must get out and mow the lawn one last time and clean up beds the next 2 days while we have sun.

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        If you like youtube there is a florist named Ramon at home that does really good instructional videos about wreaths and other decorations.

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully your day will be much better than yesterday. 🌸

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Claire! I will check that out. Flower Fluffing, as I call it, has never been my strong suit. I am definitely not talented in that area, haha. Thanks Bubby. You are so sweet! I had a good sleep (second one included). I will take some Gaviscon and make my gruel, lol.

Good morning,

Enjoying the second cup of coffee this morning before I decide on the day's projects. I'll pick up our grandson from school this afternoon for fun time. He is learning the days of the week and knows Tuesday as gramma day. Then we'll make tacos for dinner when his mom gets here.

I ordered two items yesterday for Christmas. The dino chair is already scheduled to be delivered today. I hope the box doesn't show the item since he will be here. Then I found a small table and chair set. It will replace the hand-me down one that is really showing wear and tear. He likes having his special place to play or paint.

Two orders from M* have shipped. I wonder if they will arrive on the same day. This is one item in the order that I recently discovered. It was way back on the site pages. Fun to mix a hobby with a decorating style too.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-laser-cut-kit

Time to explore some adventures in my sewing room for a little while. At least it's already cleaned from the weekend projects.

Happy Stitching!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a beautiful Fall day here in north PA. We finally got some rain so the grass is a little less dead looking. It concerns up to go into the winter with a drought.

It seems like I've kept busy every day, but there's nothing really to write about. I went to my Ortho appointment and my foot is finally healed, all three fractures. I can get back to walking, but slowly. I need to have a DEXA scan to check on the osteoporosis. Supposedly there is a new med given every six months that's supposed to work well.

I threw out my back (the boot was heavier than the casts) and have been struggling with it...yesterday I went to a Chiropractor and got crunched, but today it's no better. I'm measuring my days in four hour increments....when I can take Tylenol.

DD is coming for a visit Wednesday or Thursday. I've been happily cooking up a storm and putting food in the freezer for her to take back with her. She can only do quick and easy meals in her hotel room. She'll be getting Lasagna, Barbecued pulled pork, Italian Meatballs, Chili and Baked Ham.

There's no sewing going on here...we're too busy getting ready for the winter. The other day we went to the grocery store to stock up our pantry for the winter. It took well over two hours and three carts. I have enough dried beans to cook for an army. It's a shame to have to do this, but the stores here are hit and miss....so many time they run out of what you need and you won't be able to get it for months. It is not connected with Covid either. We finally turned on the heat, so today it's going up into the sixties.

And now it's COFFEE TIME!!!
        Hope you all have a wonderful day!
        Barbara

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          When I picked up groceries yesterday I was able to find beef bones so will be making up the broth for vegetable beef soup. I try to make it when I can open the windows in case of smoke (I bake the bones to maximize flavor).

Good Morning all,

Yesterday turned out to be a windy day but temps were pretty nice. Supposed to be in the low 70's today. We will be having an early supper as I am meeting the gals from my handbell group at a park at 6:30 tonight. Just a little get together since we haven't been able to practice or play this year. Not sure when we will be starting to practice again.

I will be baking today. I took the butter and margarine out of the freezer too late yesterday so left the baking for today. I should be able to get it done without any problems.

I got my bloodwork back from the doctor's office and I was pretty pleased with the results. My A1C was 5.8. I was happy with that, my daughter is not. We will see what the doctor has to say. Last year it was 5.9. Other than that all the other numbers were great. I see my doctor on Friday.

I am hoping to get to the sewing room later today, after the baking in done. I'm going to freeze most of the cookies. Dave will go downstairs to the freezer and take what he wants. If I leave them in the freezer downstairs I will forget about them and avoid eating a bunch of them.

Off now for breakfast and coffee. Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          5.8 is very good. Your doctor will be pleased and you should be, too. My last one was 5.9 but I take no meds, so that is Fairly good for me.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Carlie ~ You quickly can soften butter or margarine in the microwave.

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Rob & Bubby. I thought it was good also but my daughter, being diabetic, told me it is a tad high. Last year doc told me he was not worried about it so since it is just a bit lower I think his thoughts will be the same this year.

Joy, I usually don't soften in the microwave because mine ends up melting. That being said I am now trying the soften function which my husband says he uses all the time. Hopefully it will work, the butter was frozen. I screwed up. I intended to double the oatmeal cookie recipe and added 4 eggs (which is doubled) but didn't double anything else. Ugh! Sometimes I just have to shake my head. Now getting the butter ready and will add the rest. Thankfully I was only to the add eggs part when I realized my mistake.

Morning!

Very little of what I planned to do got done yesterday. No sewing at all, and things I had planned to do went by the wayside. I can't explain it, but I think part of it is news cycle fatigue.

Patsy has an appointment for the vet for an initial physical. It will be October 20. Also, Cheryl has a doctor's appointment for her annual Pap Smear, which her doctor has had to cancel twice already due to the pandemic. She's never had one come back abnormal, so there's no reason to be concerned, but I always feel better when its over.

Not sure what I will do today. Right now I'm just waiting for inspiration to strike!

Take care.

Best
        Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Good Morning all,

Not much going on around here. The sofa is starting to look like someone's moving out. Mike is going to see if he can swap with someone so we can leave on Sunday. I don't mind, either way. He hasn't a clue about how to get anywhere. I bought an atlas, lol, going to old fashioned way to start. I haven't had to plan a route in almost 40 years. lol. I need to sit down with the address book and put addresses in my phone contact information for the aunts and uncles that we want to stop and see.

Jim sent a Christmas wish list, I shared with Diane and Tammy. We're trying to figure out if we're doing Christmas at Thanksgiving, since we don't know when Morgan's next contract will be. Who knows!

Take care, and have a great day!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Paisley
            Paisley commented
            Editing a comment
            I use “waze” on my phone to get me where I’ve never been before. It calls out the turns i need to take.

• baslp
            baslp commented
            Editing a comment
            Before WaZE I used my GPS. A definite game changer in getting somewhere

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            I use my GPS even when I go to see my daughter. Only two freeways (101 and 405), but when you are forced to leave due to accident... I need something to help guide me thru the streets.

Hello Everyone =)
          It's one of those grey chilly days here. Usually that kind of day that is the best day to get a lot done. In an effort to stay a step ahead of the arthritis, I keep moving, doing stuff before the stiffness can cease me. I turned the heat on to break the damp chill.
          I am hoping to see what might be left of my Halloween decorations in the basement. If anything is there I will bring them upstairs and decorate the house. I know there are a lot of orange lights. We had a pipe break last year and I lost 2 large bins to mold of my Halloween stuff.
          I went to a thrift store in Colburg yesterday. I love their silent weekly auctions. Last summer they had a lot of quilt tops on auction and I won about 8 or 9 of them for $6 each. Jack bought some corner glass shelves while I browsed thru' their fabric selections and quilt books. He went back this morning to pick them up. He broke 3 shelves so that's in the garage now. I wanted to go just to see the beautiful autumn colors and the pumpkin patches along the way yesterday. Glad I wasn't there today when the glass shelves broke in the store.
          I did get started on the turtles quilt. The colors make me happy when ever I look at it.
          Hoping I have some beef barley soup frozen in the freezer, if not I may have to cook something, lol.
          Have a great day . cleaning-leaves-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            I am like you. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I try to visit VV & SallyAnn as often as possible. I have noticed that since the pandemic, nice cotton fabrics are not to be found there. I have found some great finds, but never any rulers. Fortunately, the LQS that decided to close in past year, had great discounts on fabrics. We even went twice to Picton when the LQS was closing, and loaded up. I have enough fabric to keep me busy for years.

• minipinlady
            minipinlady commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you been to the Campbelford quilt store lately ? I haven't been there since the plague started. My husband loved that store. He bought more fabric than I did. I love their box of scraps and orphan blocks for sale real cheap.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't been to the Campbelford quilt store. It was one of many on our list for this summer's road trips. I have bought a lot of pre-cuts and yardage from them when I've seen at quilt shows in Wellington. I wish they had a website but I guess they haven't gone that route. Their prices are very good.
        Working...
        X