Staples...arrrrrgh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staples...arrrrrgh!

I understand that everyone makes mistakes, but this seems beyond the pale.

I placed an order from Staples yesterday for some coin batteries for my blood sugar meter and rechargable AA batteries and a charger. All told, the total came up to $33.64. Fine, no problem.

I went to my checking account today to make sure my unemployment check made it in OK. I saw that I had about $300 less than I should have had. Wondering at first if I forgot to write something down, I started to check the entries on the bank's website. There were NINE separate charges for $33.64 from Staples! I know I didn't hit the confirm button 9 times nor did i place nine separate orders, so my first concern was that somehow I or they got hacked. I called Staples' customer service, got someone I could barely understand, and explained that I did not place nine orders. They showed only one on their computer, which I said isn't what shows on my bank's website. She placed me on hold and did some more checking. Upon her return it turns out that Staples was having problems with its authorization system yesterday, so I obviously wasn't the only one who had issues.

What's more, it will take 3 to 5 days for the money to be put back into my account. That ticks me off! I told the woman that if this had overdrawn my account, I would have been very angry. All she could say is what I think was "I'm sorry."

Again, I understand that mistakes happen, but 3-5 days to return what is rightfully mine is unacceptable. I'm not expecting anything as far as a free order or other type of compensation, but something more than a "I'm sorry" needs to be done.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Good customer service is just about obsolete these days. They just don't care.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

She probably wasn't authorized to say anything other than I'm sorry. I hope you asked for a supervisor.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I had a bad experience with Staples recently but not as aggravating as yours. Sorry, I know how frustrating it is.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Contact your bank, they may be able to help you get those 8 extra charges off your account, or at least flag your account that there was an error so you don't get dinged with NSF charges.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
            Rob the HOAQ commented
            Editing a comment
            As long as there are no more charges, I still have enough to cover other expenses, so there should be no NSF charges. It just seems to me if they can take it out in a day, it should be returned in a day.

Sorry for your problems with Staples. I've never had a problem with any of my orders, which have been few. But I don't have $ taken out of my bank acct; I use a credit card. One time I had a problem getting authorization from something I ordered from Best Buy. When I called Bank of America, the person told me they'd had a lot of problems with fraudulent cards from BB. I ended up personally going into the store & paying cash. The TV was not in their store. I had to wait a few days for it to come from another location. And they honored the sale price which ended the night before, so it all worked out.

Comment

Well that sucks but it is sure a good thing that you checked your account. I have never bought anything at Staples. Good luck getting your money back.

Comment

After what happened to a friend of ours, we always use our credit card. Don't want to give too many people access to our bank account. Besides, a credit card company will fight harder for you than the bank will.
              Vonnie

Comment

That is frustrating. I agree...it shouldn't be like that. They take our monso quickly. Good luck Rob!
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                X