Attention Amazon Shoppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Amazon Shoppers

I placed a $100 order with Amazon at the end of August. Three days later I got a notice item was shipped, with estimate of delivery date 4-6 weeks. What??? Upon further inspection I discovered that the item was ordered from a third party in, yeah you guessed it, China. I checked the shipping tracking a few days later and it said item "undeliverable" and would be returned to seller at which time I would receive a refund. Today is Oct 2. I called Amazon to check refund status and was told I need to email the seller, that the seller is responsible to process the refund. Amazon did check and the items are still on the boat somewhere heading back to China. Next time i will be more careful and try to determine what country item is shipping from. This is ridiculous and I can probably kiss that money goodbye. I could kick myself cause there were multiple sellers offering the same product. I just clicked on the first one on the list, and if I had been more careful I would have ordered from a company in the USA. The crazy thing is, the items purchased were yard signs for my Presidential candidate of choice and I am just flabbergasted they would be coming from China of all places!!!!!!

I feel your pain and disappointment.

Just because it says it ships from the US does not necessarily mean you won't be caught up in the same situation. When the mak making elastic shortage was on I ordered from a "ships from the US" seller. Problem was it actually came from another country and that shipping center didn't have any! Took 4 weeks to come from the country where it was manufactured.

Unless it says made in the USA I don't think there are any assurances as to when you will get anything from Amazon or even Ebay. As far as a refund don't let them put you off. Every time they contact you asking if you can wait tell them NO. Fingers crossed you will get your refund.

Comment

I always look to see if it says "item sold & shipped from Amazon, "item in stock", otherwise I won't order unless it's my only option.
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        We do the same, Kathryn. I also had the very same experience as you did, jjkaiser. No refund in the end, even though I clearly was in the right and showed Amazon proof of it. Amazon took the seller's side, even though the product was fraudulent and not as advertised. I closed my account. Hubby still has his but only orders items in stock and sold and shipped by Amazon. He has not had any trouble with that.

I simply don't shop Amazon at all, unless I simply cannot get what I want anywhere else. And I usually can, and for a better price.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I ordered a rear wiper blade on Sunday and by Wednesday I had it in my mailbox. Lucky I guess.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
          I always look to see if it says "item sold & shipped from Amazon, "item in stock", otherwise I won't order unless it's my only option.
          I do the same as Kathryn. So far, I've not had a problem (knocks on wood while typing).
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Sorry for your shipping issues. I order from Amazon occasionally for things I can't get locally. I've never had a problem.

Comment

This has happened to me twice. I now double check when I'm placing an order. If it says 3 to 4 or 6 weeks delivery I cancel the item before I place the order. The delivery time is also in the article description before putting it in the cart but I sometimes miss that so this second double check usually helps. Basically if I can't get it next day or up to 1 week I don't order the item. Also as a general rule I don't order anything from China anyway. I'm a USA person where ever I can.
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Yes, double check prices and watch the vendors.

The last order was for special dressing-bandages and I chose a vendor from US. Delivery date was next week but they arrived the next day. Another order was for small halloween buckets. From the AZ site, I went directly to the vendor and placed the order Items were 1/2 the AZ price and a small shipping fee. They arrived in 3 days.

Comment

I've found that often when they say a particular shipping time, that rarely holds true, sometimes in my favor and sometimes not. I get some crackers that are lower sodium and the only place I can find them is Amazon. I ordered them the other day, and the shipping time was supposed to be toward the end of October. They came yesterday. We ordered some fusible web that never arrived.

As for political signs, when I was a reporter I could never have them in my yard, so I've maintained that tradition even now. But most people I know usually get them from their local party headquarters. This is the first time I've ever heard of ordering them on Amazon. Who'd thunk it?😀

Rob
                  Last edited by Rob the HOAQ; October 3, 2020, 08:31 AM.
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think you need the signs right now🙃

• TMP
                    TMP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't know you could buy campaign signs on line. I have been collecting campaign t- shirts for years. I just go to the local headquarters here in Pelham. ( Beware they collect your info and you will get tons of calls and emails wanting donations .They are bugging me to death right now). I have plans to make a quilt out of them.

Rob, what type of reporter were you ? You don't have to answer that if you think I am being nosey.

• Rob the HOAQ
                    Rob the HOAQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A former reporter who thinks someone is being nosy? Now that's ironic!

I worked in newspapers. i did it for 14 years. I worked for small community-style newspapers.

Rob

Double post. Sorry
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always looking for the next day delivery on the Zon. I hope you get your refund soon.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I learned a lesson about ordering things advertised on facebook, too. DON'T do it. I had read about vionic shoes being great for arch support and saw some advertised on facebook. I ordered them and what I got wasn't the real thing. They were made for people with short and swollen feet. I must have been delusional that day because I ordered some quilting rulers that supposedly shipped yesterday, they probably also are coming from China though the advert said shipped from Texas, yeah right, that is probably a street in China.😖🤬

Comment

ha. i bought two little bowls at the At Home store and the sticker said At Home, Plano,TX. yea. when i got home i took the stickers off-At Home, Made in China! of course.
                        I would keep on Amazon. IF they don't mind bad press, they won't care. If they want to keep customers I would think they would help you. keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Oh my goodness, suppose am lucky, tend to only order amazon or fulfillment or warehouse. Depending on what needed item is.
                          Have ordered from local 3rd parties:
                          selling zips on amazon but not been a great experience. 3 weeks to travel 5 miles, am sure they wait for an order, then order it themselves that is by the by.

Have used Amazon more during this year due to lock down. Am thankful its an option, going out is not an option at the moment, so supporting local on the big site has been rewarding and made life easier.
                          MSQC is on Amazon UK who knew?

Use the messaging service on Amazon to contact seller, its in orders next to item, if you do not get a reply, on the amazon messaging service from the seller, contact amazon directly again. They may proceed the refund.
                          If that does not happen contact your payment company, they may investigate for you. But you still need to contact the seller first to ask for refund because of the reason they not delivered. That is evidence against.
                          Sorry your dealing with this.
                          T

Comment

Working...
                          X